LOST: The Final Season Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
 131
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 106
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
240 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 62
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 60
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
114 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 05-24-2010, 01:45 AM         #2601
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KarteL13 said:
LOST is the most overrated show ever. 6 seasons of absolute nonsense.
exactly. it makes the journey not even feel worth it.




honestly, if they would have left more clues as to were they were going, it would have been better. but like everybody said, they were trying to throw a curveball, and 3 people hit it out the park, and 22 million people are pissed cuz the umpire just ended the game on a bad call.
 8 years ago '07        #2602
jagster 
space
avatar space
space
$87 | Props total: 0 0
 ><>Young'n<>< said:
that episode should have been either a) a movie or b) a series of webisodes. did not belong in the season and felt very thrown in
Exactly my point. It was so pointless that it would have been better off if Jacob and MIB just rolled a fattie and discussed the "philosophy" of the island.
 8 years ago '05        #2603
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7083 7083
 WorldsStrangest said:
exactly. it makes the journey not even feel worth it.




honestly, if they would have left more clues as to were they were going, it would have been better. but like everybody said, they were trying to throw a curveball, and 3 people hit it out the park, and 22 million people are pissed cuz the umpire just ended the game on a bad call.
I disagree with you entirely (again) on that figure. And i'm gonna go ahead and say that i'd bet money more people are satisfied with the ending than there are people that are dissatisfied. You are in the minority, imo. What do you mean if they would have left more clues as to where they were going? Explain that statement.
 05-24-2010, 01:52 AM         #2604
><>Young'n<>< 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
I disagree entirely with you saying the k!lling of MIB/Flocke was anti-climatic. He became mortal when the island started falling apart. Kate shot him, Jack kicked him off the cliff the exact same way that Ben stabbed Jacob, and MIB kicked him into the fire. Tons of symbolism there imo.

And IMO season 5 was the best season. So your seasons 1-3>>>>>>>>>argument I disagree with. Especially since I consider season 3 the weakest.
symbolism is fine and dandy, but after 6 seasons of creating this concept of impregnability that Smokie seemed to have from the very beginning, i think the way they mortalized him was weak, the reasoning he had to get off the island (while it lasted) was just so blah, and the fact that his entire drive to get off the island was abandoned in favour of his attempt to destroy the island was very very cheap. they should have either destroyed the island and left it that way instead of "repairing it" or just not destroyed it at all, not try to do both. and again, disagree with you. Lost season 1 is what made this show what it is today, the fact that they strayed from such a creative and unique formula, not to say the show wasnt unique, its the only one of its kind, but the recent seasons were so far removed from the original story it was ridiculous.

we have to agree to disagree, as simple as that. im not saying ur wrong, im not saying im right, im just saying thats why i honestly felt as a deovted lost fan.
 8 years ago '05        #2605
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7083 7083
 ><>Young'n<>< said:
that episode should have been either a) a movie or b) a series of webisodes. did not belong in the season and felt very thrown in
TV show movies are the worst idea of all time (exaggeration.). TV shows and movies are made in two totally different ways. Thats why people laugh at people who want a Sopranos movie. It would not work. So your option A is scratched out immediately. Webisodes? Seriously? That would have been an insult to the legend of Jacob/MIB. While the episode was sub-par, it did explain the origins of MIB/Jacob, which we ALL wanted for the past couple years. They could have done a few things better, but the idea was good. Not explaining the origins of the island or who passed the power down to his mother or how his mother destroyed the well and k!lled all those people just leaves the show open for debate. Which is genius.
 05-24-2010, 01:54 AM         #2606
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
I disagree with you entirely (again) on that figure. And i'm gonna go ahead and say that i'd bet money more people are satisfied with the ending than there are people that are dissatisfied. You are in the minority, imo. What do you mean if they would have left more clues as to where they were going? Explain that statement.
foreshadowing.


it's important. it makes the events that precede an event like this, much more meaninful.


the ending tells a story like it was hashed together, it unravels the story it had told. instead of putting the bow on it.


and its like its split 50/50, with a slight nudge to positive because it didnt completely "jump the shark" and stayed true to its elements and characters until the end.


but there is some harsh criticism on both sides, angry twitter fans and that new york times article being key culprits


Last edited by WorldsStrangest; 05-24-2010 at 01:55 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #2607
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$4,998 | Props total: 1374 1374
 Reppindaburghh said:
As i've previously stated all of those questions will have the show being talked about for decades (Which was their goal.). It is all up for interpretation and I f**king love that they did that. Answering every question would have been stupid. Did you want MIB/Jacob to look into the camera a few episodes back like "Yo, check it out. Heres exactly whats goin on, let me break it down for you." They pulled it off brilliantly, and because of that, 5 years from now if Boxdens still around I can make a post in this very section saying, "So about Lost......" and it will go 10 pages.

Actually I do love the show, just hate the way they chose to end it in most ways. I wouldn't say the fact they chose to not explain the main things of the island brilliance like you say. That isn't "hard" to do, all they did was make s**t happen and not care to say how or why. Why didn't locke just k!ll every mother f**ker out there and then throw Desmond down there and leave? Is there a reason? Who the f**k knows..its like they just strung a bunch of events together and say,"They happened for a reason, just cause, you make up your own reasons" That isn't brilliance bro.


Last edited by RedMonkeyJunkie; 05-24-2010 at 01:57 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #2608
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7083 7083
 ><>Young'n<>< said:
symbolism is fine and dandy, but after 6 seasons of creating this concept of impregnability that Smokie seemed to have from the very beginning, i think the way they mortalized him was weak, the reasoning he had to get off the island (while it lasted) was just so blah, and the fact that his entire drive to get off the island was abandoned in favour of his attempt to destroy the island was very very cheap. they should have either destroyed the island and left it that way instead of "repairing it" or just not destroyed it at all, not try to do both. and again, disagree with you. Lost season 1 is what made this show what it is today, the fact that they strayed from such a creative and unique formula, not to say the show wasnt unique, its the only one of its kind, but the recent seasons were so far removed from the original story it was ridiculous.

we have to agree to disagree, as simple as that. im not saying ur wrong, im not saying im right, im just saying thats why i honestly felt as a deovted lost fan.
I can agree with your view-point and you seem well-spoken (well-written), so I have no problem with your view-point. But obviously Lost season 1 made the show what it is today, seeing as how it was SEASON ONE. But Season five was still the best to me. (But i'm a huge Sci-Fi guy, so I totally understand why others would rank it 2nd or even 3rd.)
 05-24-2010, 02:00 AM         #2609
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ya know, as much as I have critisized this show in recent years(and I will continue to)...

I have to admit that the ending/Jack's death really affected me... The whole way it was discussed and presented.

I don't know if it was just Michael Giacchino's masterful score, or whatever, but yeah man... It hit me. Jack's dead, and "Lost" is over.

Like him or not(I had my hate moments with the dude), he was the pretty much the center of the show(along with Locke), and we have followed him through his struggles and dissapointments and defeats for 6 years. And that journey was now over... It was a sad moment for me.

It was like I knew the guy.

Iono... ... I felt bad.
 05-24-2010, 02:00 AM         #2610
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jagster said:
You call it brilliance I call it a cop out...to each their own. And yeah to be honest if "across the sea" was just Jacob and MIB sitting around a campfire breaking down wtf the purpose of the island was I'd be one satisfied mother f**ker right now. Not to say I'm not now but more so.
straight up. they coulda went outside the box and told a great ending.


like i said, its "matrix sequel syndrome" because everyone had there idea of the ending before sseeing the film, and then leave disapointed when they got something else


i knew from the get go not to a.ssume anything with a show like Lost, and put total faith in the creators, and i hate being let down like this.



come on, theyre all dead, then why even tell the story?


oh, its jack's test, then why get so in depth with the other characters?


makes half the series episodes look like red herrings because of that ending. tell me im lying.
 8 years ago '04        #2611
Steve07 
space
space
space
$1,336 | Props total: 72 72
Loved the ending and I agree with repping about what it all means. I found it crazy that(I may be reaching but f**k yall lol) Jack and Locke both ended up dying like they where meant to die if that makes sense. Jack get's stabbed in the side and bleeds to death in this last ep where as in the first ep he has a huge gash on his side and get's kate to help him stitch it up so he doesn't bleed out, Locke get's thrown out a f**kin window by his dad and should have died, and on the island Locke(ya i know it was MIB in his body) get's pushed off a cliff and died from a fall. I'm kinda writing this just as I'm sorting s**t out about Lost so whatever LOL. Point is it was an EPIC SHOW case closed.
 8 years ago '05        #2612
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7083 7083
 RedMonkeyJunkie said:
Actually I do love the show, just hate the way they chose to end it in most ways. I wouldn't say the fact they chose to not explain the main things of the island brilliance like you say. That isn't "hard" to do, all they did was make s**t happen and not care to say how or why. Why didn't locke just k!ll every mother f**ker out there and then throw Desmond down there and leave? Is there a reason? Who the f**k knows..its like they just strung a bunch of events together and say,"They happened for a reason, just cause, you make up your own reasons" That isn't brilliance bro.
It is clearly explained that Locke could not harm any of them. Why he did not have Ben k!ll them, I also agree that part of the story is a bit shaky. But it has been pretty clear that he could not harm anybody that Jacob touched.
 05-24-2010, 02:03 AM         #2613
><>Young'n<>< 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
I can agree with your view-point and you seem well-spoken (well-written), so I have no problem with your view-point. But obviously Lost season 1 made the show what it is today, seeing as how it was SEASON ONE. But Season five was still the best to me. (But i'm a huge Sci-Fi guy, so I totally understand why others would rank it 2nd or even 3rd.)
yeah, that was a bit of a newbie statement, but i felt that the first season was just perfect, i just mean it set the pace and i have respect for such a bold series doing so well. the balance between the relationships of the characters and the mystery of the island was perfectly split, and i think that the later seasons mightve focused on the mystery too much. One thing was the whole Juliet/Sawyer relationship, that never felt real to me or meant anything, things like that bugged me. i have so little problems with that season 1 that i suggest it to everyone i possibly can.

i will say this though, im very proud the writers decided on ONE ending and not do 3 alternates to satisfy everyone, i am seriously tired of writers trying to please everyone and not having the balls to stick to what they have in mind as an ending. I have the utmost respect for them for that.
 8 years ago '05        #2614
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7083 7083
 WorldsStrangest said:
straight up. they coulda went outside the box and told a great ending.


like i said, its "matrix sequel syndrome" because everyone had there idea of the ending before sseeing the film, and then leave disapointed when they got something else


i knew from the get go not to a.ssume anything with a show like Lost, and put total faith in the creators, and i hate being let down like this.



come on, theyre all dead, then why even tell the story?


oh, its jack's test, then why get so in depth with the other characters?


makes half the series episodes look like red herrings because of that ending. tell me im lying.
So you were one of the ones hoping for a "they all lived happily ever after" ending? I was actually cheering for MIB so this was the second best thing that could have happened. He did not get off the island, but he k!lled Jacob, and k!lled damn near every single one of his candidates. I really wish the poor bastard would have survived though, and made it off the island.
 05-24-2010, 02:04 AM         #2615
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it doesnt feel like anything mattered anymore.......

the mystique of the island is gone now because "there was no island"

or was there.....its bulls**t.


BUT


if they wanted drive up DVD sales because of people going back in their collections looking for clues on how this happened, or if they could see at what point "everybody died"......well then yes, they have succeeded
 05-24-2010, 02:06 AM         #2616
><>Young'n<>< 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WorldsStrangest said:
straight up. they coulda went outside the box and told a great ending.


like i said, its "matrix sequel syndrome" because everyone had there idea of the ending before sseeing the film, and then leave disapointed when they got something else


i knew from the get go not to a.ssume anything with a show like Lost, and put total faith in the creators, and i hate being let down like this.



come on, theyre all dead, then why even tell the story?


oh, its jack's test, then why get so in depth with the other characters?


makes half the series episodes look like red herrings because of that ending. tell me im lying.
bugs me that that whole "were dead" thing was thrown into season 6, maybe i would respecty the purgatory ending if it had been hinted at in earlier seasons, but it just seemed to be a thing that could take up 20 minutes of the show. i think with full focus on the island, the 6th season wouldve been far more satisfying, it lost its focus (no pun).

also, Jack being the biggest character in the show leaves a bitter taste in my mouth after the writers said he was supposed to die in the Pilot. im curious to see how the show would have been had Jack died like originally planned.
 05-24-2010, 02:08 AM         #2617
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
By the way, this is still the Greatest Moment in the History of the Show...


[video - click to view]


I missed the real Locke this last season..
 8 years ago '05        #2618
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7083 7083
 WorldsStrangest said:
it doesnt feel like anything mattered anymore.......

the mystique of the island is gone now because "there was no island"

or was there.....its bulls**t.


BUT


if they wanted drive up DVD sales because of people going back in their collections looking for clues on how this happened, or if they could see at what point "everybody died"......well then yes, they have succeeded
What in the f**k are you talking about when you say "there was no island?" Yes....there was. The whole show was based on the island and that life was what really happened. They all died on the island and the alt-timeline was purgatory AFTER they all died on the island. Where in the f**k do you get off saying there was no island?
 05-24-2010, 02:09 AM         #2619
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
So you were one of the ones hoping for a "they all lived happily ever after" ending? I was actually cheering for MIB so this was the second best thing that could have happened. He did not get off the island, but he k!lled Jacob, and k!lled damn near every single one of his candidates. I really wish the poor bastard would have survived though, and made it off the island.
not happily ever after, but gimme SOME KIND of payoff for "believeing in the mythology of your story" for 6 years!!


s**t man, whats the problem with just going with the flow of the island and giving us an epic ending.

f**k we watch superhero movies all the time, we dont beg them for realism. just a proper meaningful story, and let us find the symbolism and how we can relate it to reality ourselfs.


would it really have k!lled them to have a jack vs locke showdown and then letting everybody live....or die....who cares, but let me know they died somewhere, let me believe in the Lost myths the same way we do Lord of The Rings or on a lesser note, f**king Avatar even.


but...


"Not like this. Not like this."

 8 years ago '09        #2620
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
avatar space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
 WorldsStrangest said:
it doesnt feel like anything mattered anymore.......

the mystique of the island is gone now because "there was no island"

or was there.....its bulls**t.


BUT


if they wanted drive up DVD sales because of people going back in their collections looking for clues on how this happened, or if they could see at what point "everybody died"......well then yes, they have succeeded
dude youre like the only one in here suggesting that the island may not have been real.


the island was definitely real.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 53
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
61 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 42
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
21 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 36
Image(s) inside dannielledai
24 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 19
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 15
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
233 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 14
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 12
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
91 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 12
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy