LOST: The Final Season Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #2561
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
 lifesabeach said:
1. What is the island?

2. Who were the first habitants of the island (i.e. MIB/Jacob's guardian)

3. Who built the statue?

4. Why did the light turn MIB into a smoke monster?

etc. etc. etc.

More I think about that finale, the more pissed I get. Classic case of painting yourself into a corner and having a cop out excuse that doesn't tie up important loose ends. Which really pisses me off, because some of the greatest moments in TV history were LOST moments.

I don't understand what's with everyone demanding answers....accept the 'journey' for what it is...It's about the journey, not the destination.
 8 years ago '06        #2562
Pitts Gutta 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,927 | Props total: 12 12
 Ricky Towel said:
im gonna go ahead and say that Lost is the greatest show of all time.

ill be surprised if i ever think a tv show was better than Lost.
Sopranos....Dexter.
 8 years ago '09        #2563
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
 Ricky Towel said:

Pitts Gutta said:
Sopranos....Dexter.

i decided to bold an important part.
 8 years ago '05        #2564
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7083 7083
 Ricky Towel said:

I agree with your first sentence and disagree with your second. You are probably in your 20's (as am I.). We are just beggining our lives, and movies/TV are taking a giant leap in terms of how good they are. Lost is the GOAT TV show for me, as of now. But i'm positive it will not even be top 20 by the time we die (Assuming we live to 70+). As they said in the recap show, Lost is the show all shows will be compared to, when it comes to how great they are, until something tops it. But something will top it eventually. And I cant f**king wait to experience that because this was an amazing experience. So glad I followed this show from episode 1. Anyone who does not watch this series is missing out BIG TIME.
 8 years ago '04        #2565
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
man this ending was weak to me

can't believe lost ended like that
 8 years ago '09        #2566
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
I agree with your first sentence and disagree with your second. You are probably in your 20's (as am I.). We are just beggining our lives, and movies/TV are taking a giant leap in terms of how good they are. Lost is the GOAT TV show for me, as of now. But i'm positive it will not even be top 20 by the time we die (Assuming we live to 70+). As they said in the recap show, Lost is the show all shows will be compared to, when it comes to how great they are, until something tops it. But something will top it eventually. And I cant f**king wait to experience that because this was an amazing experience. So glad I followed this show from episode 1. Anyone who does not watch this series is missing out BIG TIME.
positive it wont even be top 20 by the time we die?

ask your grandparents for their top 20 movies or top 20 tv shows i bet at least one of the top 20 is something they saw mad long ago.

im not saying its impossible for a show to top lost for me, just saying if it happens ill be surprised.
 8 years ago '06        #2567
Pitts Gutta 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,927 | Props total: 12 12
How did ya'll expect this to end?
 8 years ago '05        #2568
space
space
 Ricky Towel said:

ask your grandparents for their top 20 movies or top 20 tv shows i bet at least one of the top 20 is something they saw mad long ago.

im not saying its impossible for a show to top lost for me, just saying if it happens ill be surprised.
Yeah i'm drunk as f**k, your right. Me ruling it out of the top 20 was just on some rebellious s**t, lmao. My bad. It may even rank top 5 or 10 all time (at the end of our lives). But to say no show will ever be better is a bit of a reach (While you could say that me saying that 4 or 9 shows will top it is a reach as well, and I would respect that opinion.). I'm just saying, when we are watching TV shows as holograms in our living rooms, with the characters looking like they are actually walking about our living room, the potential for TV/movie ideas will be insane (I'm drunk...like I said. But I definetly believe this technology will happen in our lives, even though people 50 years ago probably thought the same.)

Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 05-24-2010 at 01:03 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #2569
space
space
 Pitts Gutta said:
Sopranos....Dexter.
Dexter, man? If thats in your top 3 with Lost and Sopranos your reaching. At least let the series end before you rank it. Next season could be HORRIBLE, you never know. Even thus far i'd have a hard time putting it in my top ten, let alone top 5 (Or top THREE in your case).
 8 years ago '07        #2570
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,998 | Props total: 1374 1374
 Pitts Gutta said:
How did ya'll expect this to end?
I just wanted to know what the island was/why it's there.
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '05        #2571
space
space
 Ricky Towel said:

And while I stand by my previous post to this one, where I agreed with you in me overstating in my post (and I still do agree with you), even though our grandparents may rank a show higher then this, and it may be a damn black and white show, that does not change the fact that that is just their sentimental value holding on to that show. Our parents might prefer a show made in the 70's, but what it boils down to is Lost is better then that show, and even one of the s**ttiest tv shows out right now is better then that show simply because of the quality of the video. I know some will disagree with me, but would you rather watch a classic movie from the 70's or a classic movie from the 2000's? I'm gonna say 9 out of 10 of you will agree that you'd rather watch a classic movie from the 2000's. As technology advances, s**t gets better.
 8 years ago '04        #2572
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
 RedMonkeyJunkie said:
I just wanted to know what the island was/why it's there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Dude it's a character-driven show...I understand if you don't find solace regarding a character{unless the island is a character itself???}
 8 years ago '07        #2573
jagster 
space
space
$87 | Props total: 0 0
I literally have two very distinct and opposite emotions about this ending.

When it comes to the core characters that we have come to know and love I thought this ending was absolute perfection. Leave out all of the Dharma initiative, Jacob/MIB, time travel, electromagnetism, etc. story lines and just focus on the characters. When you do that and really think about the journey these characters went through there could not have been a better ending in my opinion. The whole Jack closing his eye and coming full circle with his death was hands down the best way to end it all. When I think about that this was the GOAT ending to the GOAT show.

But. When you add in all the mysteries of the island this ending is complete bulls**t. It literally says f**k what you think none, and I mean none, of that s**t really mattered. It was all just a means to an end so who gives a f**k who jacob was and why smokey was created. Yeah we time traveled....so what? They died...that's the point. To me that is one inexcusable cop out.

Regardless though, this show has always been and will always be about the characters that made it. So in that sense this ending was phenomenal and that is what I'm going to choose to remember it by.

GODDAM I'm gonna miss this show.
 8 years ago '07        #2574
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
And while I stand by my previous post to this one, where I agreed with you in me overstating in my post (and I still do agree with you), even though our grandparents may rank a show higher then this, and it may be a damn black and white show, that does not change the fact that that is just their sentimental value holding on to that show. Our parents might prefer a show made in the 70's, but what it boils down to is Lost is better then that show, and even one of the s**ttiest tv shows out right now is better then that show simply because of the quality of the video. I know some will disagree with me, but would you rather watch a classic movie from the 70's or a classic movie from the 2000's? I'm gonna say 9 out of 10 of you will agree that you'd rather watch a classic movie from the 2000's. As technology advances, s**t gets better.
I can watch the godfather over any movie made after 2000.
 8 years ago '09        #2575
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
in my opinion it all depends on the story being told.

give me the godfather over any movie made since then.

and also in my opinion to k!ll a mockingbird is a top ten movie, and that s**ts in black and white.

Last edited by Ricky Towel; 05-24-2010 at 01:13 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #2576
MilesH 
space
space
space
$859 | Props total: 0 0
Lost is the 3rd or 4th greatest shows ive ever seen (the wire, simpsons, the office uk ahead of it). Sad to see it end but the ending was awesome. And to all those wanting spoonfed answers, nothing has ever been revealed easy on this show why would you except the last episode to be any different?

Last edited by MilesH; 05-24-2010 at 01:14 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #2577
space
space
 RedMonkeyJunkie said:
I can watch the godfather over any movie made after 2000.
Well then I feel sorry for you, as not one of The Godfathers grace my top ten.

(And I DO recognize the first two as fantastic movies.)

Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 05-24-2010 at 01:20 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #2578
space
space
 MilesH said:
Lost is the 3rd or 4th greatest shows ive ever seen (the wire, simpsons, the office uk ahead of it). Sad to see it end but the ending was awesome. And to all those wanting spoonfed answers, nothing has ever been revealed easy on this show why would you except the last episode to be any different?
The Simpsons?
 8 years ago '05        #2579
space
space
 jagster said:
I literally have two very distinct and opposite emotions about this ending.

When it comes to the core characters that we have come to know and love I thought this ending was absolute perfection. Leave out all of the Dharma initiative, Jacob/MIB, time travel, electromagnetism, etc. story lines and just focus on the characters. When you do that and really think about the journey these characters went through there could not have been a better ending in my opinion. The whole Jack closing his eye and coming full circle with his death was hands down the best way to end it all. When I think about that this was the GOAT ending to the GOAT show.

But. When you add in all the mysteries of the island this ending is complete bulls**t. It literally says f**k what you think none, and I mean none, of that s**t really mattered. It was all just a means to an end so who gives a f**k who jacob was and why smokey was created. Yeah we time traveled....so what? They died...that's the point. To me that is one inexcusable cop out.

Regardless though, this show has always been and will always be about the characters that made it. So in that sense this ending was phenomenal and that is what I'm going to choose to remember it by.

GODDAM I'm gonna miss this show.
Actually all of that s**t mattered. Unless your one of the people who (falsely) believe the island was purgatory. The flash-sideways was purgatory, the island was real-time. Everything that happened there mattered.
 8 years ago '07        #2580
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
Well then I feel sorry for you, as not one of The Godfathers grace my top ten.

(And I DO recognize the first two as fantastic movies.)
And your top 10 would be?
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
262 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
103 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
32 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
98 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy