LOST: The Final Season Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
28 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-23-2010, 10:57 PM         #2501
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
woulda been better they did just rode out and left jack, hurley and ben at the f**king island to run that s**t!

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnn

f**k THAT
 8 years ago '07        #2502
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
honestly....i had goose bumps the whole time.....

LOST>>>>
 8 years ago '07        #2503
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,003 | Props total: 1384 1384
So to the people saying the Island life was real, they crashed and survived on this place..it still doesn't answer really any questions as to why they were chosen, what the purpose of the island even was...anything.
 05-23-2010, 10:59 PM         #2504
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
RT yo @thedawniscoming update the site and let the people know the f**kery that was the @LOST series finale
 8 years ago '04        #2505
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
 OMEGAMAN said:
I'm loving the theories here.

I think it makes sense that the ALT timeline was their meeting place. Some weren't invited because it wasn't the most important thing in their lives, some were kept out on purpose because of what they did.

Their Flash-sideways was really their afterlife experiences.
Yeah, I'm convinced now that ALT timeline is Purgatory...and some cats like Ben and Ana Lucia weren't "ready" yet because they still had time left to serve before they could pass on to another world.
 8 years ago '04        #2506
yunks 
space
space
space
$120 | Props total: 0 0
they didnt all die in the crash...the alternate reality was an afterlife (when they all eventually died)...

even hurley said to ben 'you were a great number 2' which means they lived on and protected the island

so the purgatory theory is just wrong...

the island is what jacob said it was (cork analogy), and everyone was there to be candidates

and when they died they all met up because they all experienced the most important time of their lives on the island
 8 years ago '09        #2507
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
my theory:

all the stuff that happened on the island was real.

kate sawyer and them went on and lived their lives.

hugo protected the island for god knows how long.

alt timeline is the losties being able pass into the afterlife together.

ben(in the catholic sense) had more penance before he could pass over to heaven.

Last edited by Ricky Towel; 05-23-2010 at 11:01 PM..
 8 years ago '09        #2508
just2intense 14 heat pts14
space
space
$1,097 | Props total: 171 171
 Ricky Towel said:
my theory:

ben(in the catholic sense) had more penance before he could pass over to heaven.
co-sign
 8 years ago '04        #2509
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
So I guess the nuke in the 70's didn't work?

This alternate time line basically made the time travel season even more confusing...
 8 years ago '06        #2510
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
 yunks said:
they didnt all die in the crash...the alternate reality was an afterlife (when they all eventually died)...

even hurley said to ben 'you were a great number 2' which means they lived on and protected the island

the island is what jacob said it was (cork analogy), and everyone was there to be candidates

and when they died they all met up because they all experienced the most important time of their lives on the island
 Ricky Towel said:
my theory:

^^ this makes more sense.

Why wasn't Vincent there? I thought....

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '05        #2511
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7119 7119
f**kKKKK all the haters, that was one of the best series finales to one of the best series of all time. HANDS DOWN.

The alt-timeline was purgatory. The island was NOT purgatory. The original timeline is what ACTUALLY happened. The alt-timeline was everyone in purgatory. (I'm an athiest, I dont believe in this s**t, but I still dig the movies/tv shows about the concept.) When you die, time ceases to exist. Everyone in the alt timeline died at some point. Does not matter when, because time is not a factor. Time is a concept made up by human beings. When you die, not only will you be in an afterlife with your ancestors, but also your children, your grandchildren, even your great-great-great-great-great grandchildren. As soon as you die time ceases to exist. (In theory. I'm an athiest, as I said.).

Hugo and Ben ran the island for years, hence them calling eachother good #1 and #2. Lapidus and the gang survived, and eventually died on the mainland. Or maybe they crashed in the ocean, either way doesnt matter.

The only two questions I have are why did Ben not enter the church. Is he destined to go to hell? And why Richard was not in the church. Lapidus was not a major character so he had to reason to be in the church. But Richard definetly should have been there.

f**king GOATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.
 8 years ago '07        #2512
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,003 | Props total: 1384 1384
 just2intense said:
co-sign
even if it is the case..it doesn't explain what the island really was..the purpose..
 8 years ago '05        #2513
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,788 | Props total: 4903 4903
 yunks said:

That to me is how it was explained by Christian. I dunno where people are getting this "purgatory" theory from. Yes it explains a lot but it isn't consistent with what Christian told Jack at the end. I still don't know what the island is for sure. I think it's what keeps the smoke monster locked up but then they needed to explain what the smoke monster is.
 8 years ago '06        #2514
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,547 | Props total: 6806 6806
lol@n*ggas actually crying watchin this on kimmel
disgusting
 05-23-2010, 11:06 PM         #2515
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
if they would've gone with the real life approach, i would've been mad... i would've demanded another episode... b/c they wouldnt be able to explain christian shephard being alive at the end, they would've wasted walt/aaron, alot of characters would've been basically throwaways..

the purpose of the island wouldnt be explained..

they didnt explain s**t in the episode, but imo, the HEAVEN/HELL/PURGATORY explanation summs up the purpose of the series in general..... i prefer this ending over an EPIC SCI-FI explanation which would've needed 3-4 hrs to explain everything
thats exactly what the show need.

it's been 6 YEARS OF EPIC SCI-FI "you must believe in the island"

6 f**kING YEARS!!!

and then that???

I so desperately want to place my faith in TPTB but i already know not to praise false idols and this is looking like a simple cop out born in a production meeting. peroid.
 8 years ago '05        #2516
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,532 | Props total: 18 18
 TheMagicMan said:
Yeah, I'm convinced now that ALT timeline is Purgatory...and some cats like Ben and Ana Lucia weren't "ready" yet because they still had time left to serve before they could pass on to another world.
Purgatory in the sense that it was just their waiting place. Doesn't really mean there was a judgment placed on anyone. Maybe Ben not going inside the church meant he hasn't moved on yet, not that he wasn't invited.

THEY WERE IN A MULTI-DENOMINATIONAL CHURCH FOR A REASON. In the lower left corner, it looked like the one emblem of the stained glass was a donkey wheel. It only makes sense that their church gathering was the end of their lives and was a meeting place.

It doesn't mean that they died in the crash or anything. WHATEVER HAPPENED, HAPPENED. I think the final scene looked more like the original crash than something else. A sort of "and here is where it all began" type of scene.
 8 years ago '04        #2517
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,086 | Props total: 4432 4432
holy s**t kimmel just made the show make sense to me
 8 years ago '04        #2518
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
 OMEGAMAN said:
Purgatory in the sense that it was just their waiting place. Doesn't really mean there was a judgment placed on anyone. Maybe Ben not going inside the church meant he hasn't moved on yet, not that he wasn't invited.
Yeah, that what I meant, they move on when they become "ready" and find their moment that puts them at peace...

And im not watching Kimmel, f**k that, I don't want some actors giving me some convoluted reasoning. s**t is supposed to be speculated, thats the thrill of the show in the first place
 8 years ago '04        #2519
yunks 
space
space
space
$120 | Props total: 0 0
 all3rd said:
I didn't mind what Kimmel was saying but that shaking part meaning Jack dying seemed to be reaching to me.
it was interesting how rose said "you can let go now"
 05-23-2010, 11:19 PM         #2520
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MosDefinition said:
holy s**t kimmel just made the show make sense to me
yea im trying to get whatever the f**k i can from Kimmel cuz after this its over and the speculation will continue through-out eternity
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
32 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy