LOST: The Final Season Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
29 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
240 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #2021
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7100 7100
 restless4207 said:
bsg is really not as good as u think
its amazing for the first couple seasons and it goes down hill from there

alot of the episodes are really boring

and if you guys are b**chin about lost ending the way it has so far, just wait until you see bsg lol after wasting 6 seasons of watchin it
BSG is only 4 seasons, Lost is 6.

And I actually enjoyed the ending of BSG
 8 years ago '04        #2022
restless4207 
space
space
$2,713 | Props total: 14 14
 Reppindaburghh said:
BSG is only 4 seasons, Lost is 6.

And I actually enjoyed the ending of BSG
ahaha for reals? i thot it was 5 or 6?
the ending was good to you???
i hated it man, the whole earth deal was kinda lame

the first couple of seasons and the mini series pilot were amazing tho i give you that, and during the times when they revealed the final cylons, but the towards the end it just got kinda lame and boring
 8 years ago '04        #2023
restless4207 
space
space
 Santoro said:
I know it's been said, but they really need to explain that murder scene and the covering of the well more thoroughly. The mother had to have some type of smoke monster powers to k!ll 10+ people and cover a deep a.ss tunnel with rock and dirt. They f**ked up there.

gotta love lost and giving us 2 answers with 30 more questions with 3 episdoes left
i cannot wait for it to end and watch season 1-6 because i knwo for sure i cannot rmemeber alot of the s**t i should
 8 years ago '06        #2024
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,789 | Props total: 2304 2304
Here is a great review of the last episode by the dude that interview Damon and Carlton (producers of Lost). He gives some good bullet points of the answers that were given in the last ep and some clarification on certain aspects:

You want answers? You think you're entitled? Well here are a bunch of them, all packed into a one-hour "Lost" flashback extravaganza that taught us the following:

Jacob and Smokey are twin brothers, born to a woman who was then murdered by the island's unnamed guardian so she would be able to rear two potential successors, then choose between them.

Smokey is determined to get off the island because he spent a childhood being lied to by his "mother" about the rest of the world, and has been spending centuries trying to prove her wrong.

The island is home to a glowing body of water that is basically The Force (making all of Darlton's pre-season talk of midi-chlorians make much more sense).

The "rules" between Jacob and Smokey date back to Mother tapping into the island's powers to ensure neither could ultimately k!ll the other. (And if these are the same rules that govern the Ben/Widmore war, then are we meant to think Ben is more of a candidate than anyone's been led to believe?)

The crazy mother Smokey referred to earlier this season wasn't John Locke's schizophrenic mom, but the obsessive, homicidal, superhuman woman who raised him so many centuries ago.

The donkey wheel - which taps into the power behind the golden spring - was constructed by Smokey as one of his many futile attempts to get off the island (and was not, for that matter, his first attempt to build such a thing).

The Man in Black was turned into a smoke monster when Jacob, distraught over his brother committing matricide, threw him into the golden spring, which Mother had warned him was "much worse" than dying.

The Adam & Eve corpses Jack and Kate found back in season one are the original remains of Man in Black and Mother, left lying in their old cave home by Jacob, along with a black and white piece from the game of senet that the brothers loved to play together. (And making the skeletons less Adam & Eve than Cain & Eve.)
Some other thoughts:

I liked the use of the old "Hunt for Red October" trick where we start off with characters speaking in a foreign language with subtitles, then after a few minutes and a noticeable pause, we shift into hearing it as English - not because that's what the characters are speaking, but to keep us from having to read subtitles for an hour.

James Poniewozik pointed out on Twitter that the game Smokey and Jacob were playing is the ancient Egyptian game of senet, considered by many to be the oldest board game in the world - and one where nobody in contemporary society is entirely sure of the rules.

The existence of a Claudia ghost who could speak to Smokey and tell him the truth about Mother continues the idea that there is no grand unified field theory of the island - that even if there's a power that wants Mother and her successors to guard the golden well and the electromagnetic pockets that lead to it, there are other powers on the island that are either in opposition or don't much care.

Still more stolen babies. All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again.
Can someone with a better sense of Craphole Island topography tell me if the golden spring is supposed to lie in the same location where The Others built the Temple? Given what the water did to Smokey, it doesn't seem like the sort of healing pool Dogen and Lennon talked about, but it seems odd that one mystical island would have two entirely unrelated pools of yellow, magical water, no?
There is a lot more insight and a great review of the ep in the link below

Last edited by modalee; 05-13-2010 at 03:16 PM..
 05-13-2010, 06:10 PM         #2025
HR_Paperstacks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Last edited by HR_Paperstacks; 05-13-2010 at 06:15 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #2027
restless4207 
space
space
what are those pics? lol
 8 years ago '06        #2028
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
Everyone be careful because next weeks episode "What They Died For" was screened for an audience this past week and there are some very detailed reviews about that contain spoilers floating around. I havent read the spoilers but I did see a non spoiler review that said next weeks ep takes everything to a new level.
 8 years ago '04        #2029
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,406 | Props total: 4302 4302
 modalee81 said:
Everyone be careful because next weeks episode "What They Died For" was screened for an audience this past week and there are some very detailed reviews about that contain spoilers floating around. I havent read the spoilers but I did see a non spoiler review that said next weeks ep takes everything to a new level.
yup... finale spoilers have been out too
 8 years ago '06        #2030
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
Finale hasnt been shown anywhere tho so they could be inaccurate but What They Died For was actually screened at UCLA so those are 100% spoilers.
 8 years ago '05        #2031
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
 restless4207 said:
what are those pics? lol
Some after party pics after the final.

That girl with Walt. Damn she fiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnee

Rose looking fine too

[pic - click to view]

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with
 8 years ago '05        #2032
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69

[pic - click to view]

To see the bigger picture
 8 years ago '10        #2033
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,112 | Props total: 1271 1271
rofl @ "rose looking fine too"

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '07        #2034
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,086 | Props total: 1525 1525
 stillers09 said:
i read a few of them and i was like GOD DAMN and had to stop reading LOL

heres some MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR spoilers from what i read

jack replaces jacob. he drinks the wine like jacob did and jacob says to jack "now we are the same"

ben k!lls widmore

LMAO yo i wanna look at that spoiler so bad.

but I swear if it is something really major that I shouldn't see I will repost it without tags in my signature so everyone can feel my pain
 8 years ago '04        #2035
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
skip to 1:40

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #2036
goke11429 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,252 | Props total: 12 12
 stillers09 said:
already posted a few pages back...funny vid tho...
damn i'm late....it's crazy by this time next week no more LOST
 8 years ago '05        #2037
Truth33 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 810 810
 Eddie.. said:
LMAO yo i wanna look at that spoiler so bad.

but I swear if it is something really major that I shouldn't see I will repost it without tags in my signature so everyone can feel my pain
Lol I really wanna look at it too

8 years ago '09        #2038
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
 goke11429 said:
damn i'm late....it's crazy by this time next week no more LOST
by this time next week there will be the finale left.
 8 years ago '04        #2039
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,896 | Props total: 2005 2005
 Ricky Towel said:
Nope. Tonight is the last regular episode & Sunday is the 2 1/2 hour finale. He was right, by this time next week, we will be done with LOST.

DONE
DONE
DONE

:disdain2:
 8 years ago '05        #2040
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7100 7100
 Ricky Towel said:
Wrong. Finale is on Sunday.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
146 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
64 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy