Beats by Dr. Dre..??

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #1
11130 pageviews
54 comments

dwadeforprez 2 heat pts
space
space
$909 | Props total: 5 5
Beats by Dr. Dre..??

Are these the best headphones in the market? I need a new pair of headphones and got a gift certificate to Best Buy for Christmas. Not looking for an in-ear pair either because they don't sound as good. Props for any input.

54 comments for "Beats by Dr. Dre..??"

12-28-2009, 02:55 PM         #2
PRiNC3SSxKiSS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The good: The Monster Beats by Dr. Dre headphones offer a stylish and comfortable design as well as exceptionally crisp audio response. Sound quality is mostly balanced, with warm mids and thumping bass. Included are a nice carrying case and a music-phone-compatible cable.

The bad: The Monster Beats by Dr. Dre headphones cannot be used without batteries. Glossy black design is very smudge-prone, and a few songs sound harsh. Right earcup rattles while you walk.

The bottom line: The unique and stylish Monster Beats by Dr. Dre headphones offer solid audio, useful accessories, and a look that's anything but copycat. For fashion-forward folks with cash to spare, they're a great option.

Hope that helps.
 8 years ago '06        #3
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,966 | Props total: 3473 3473
I hear the "Studio" version is really good. I wanted to get a pair before I realized they cost so much.

Here's a review.

Cnet usually has good feedback....plus User feedback.

Last edited by 01seay; 12-28-2009 at 03:00 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #4
Myworld82 
space
space
$2,584 | Props total: 108 108
 MiSSxMiKALiNA said:
The good: The Monster Beats by Dr. Dre headphones offer a stylish and comfortable design as well as exceptionally crisp audio response. Sound quality is mostly balanced, with warm mids and thumping bass. Included are a nice carrying case and a music-phone-compatible cable.

The bad: The Monster Beats by Dr. Dre headphones cannot be used without batteries. Glossy black design is very smudge-prone, and a few songs sound harsh. Right earcup rattles while you walk.

The bottom line: The unique and stylish Monster Beats by Dr. Dre headphones offer solid audio, useful accessories, and a look that's anything but copycat. For fashion-forward folks with cash to spare, they're a great option.

Hope that helps.
Spot on. I got em, and love them. They sound great, you aren't gonna hear any outside noise, unless you're on a plane, and even then, it's gonna be faint. Only negative is that they won't work without batteries and the smudging, like the review says. I don't know bout the rattle with the walk, have never noticed it.
 8 years ago '09        #5
ryanleo 
space
space
space
$27 | Props total: 0 0
i just got the beats solos in white for xmas. there dope. my friend has the beats studios and the sound is nearly the same. the solos dont use batteries and it still has a sick bass kick. and lastly, i dont think the black is a glossy material and i KNOW the white isnt. they go for like 180 too, i would suggest the solos
 8 years ago '05        #6
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,417 | Props total: 25021 25021
....Thing Is There Are Different Beats By Dr Dre

*Studio - The Originals
*Tour - In The Ear Headphones
*Solo - The Light Weight Of Studio
*Heartbeats - Lady Gaga In Ear Headphones

I Have Studio & Solo, With Studio You Will Need Batteries Thats Why I Only Use Them For Studio Work,Perfect For Mixing & Mastering Tracks. Studio Is Pretty Much To Pro Work Or For A Perfect Hearing But I Wouldnt Be Out & About Wearing These. Solo Are The Ones I Use Out & About,About The Same Quality Of The Studios But They Dont Have Perfect Noise Canceling But I Dont Hear s**t Around Me Tho. The Only Problem I Have With Solos Is The Material Its Made Out Of. I Went Thru A Pair Of Solos Cause The Band Snapped On Me and I Had To Replace It.

I Will Say One Thing,Listening To Music In Another Way Now. Am Gald I Got These Headphones Cause It Will Change The Way You Listen To Music For Real & Also If Your Headphones Are Damage,Monster Cable Will Repair Them For Free.
 8 years ago '04        #7
Katts 
space
space
space
$121 | Props total: 6 6
I have both the phones and the buds and I personally recommend the buds. They come with different sizes (truly stay in your ears) and the sound quality is pretty much the same, plus they are cheaper.
 12-28-2009, 03:25 PM         #8
hurricanegamePZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
theyre mediocre compared to other performance headphones...those bose ones that they have at nearly every best buy are better than these and cost 150...just dont come with flashy s**t

check the performance specs and see for urself....the beats by dre are better than anything under 100 dollars...but theyre left in the dust compared to any real quality headphones

i mean do u really think dr dre is a world renowned innovative sound engineer just cuz hes good at making beats? all he did was throw his name on some s**ts and now ppl think theyre the best headphones ....hes a genius

Last edited by hurricanegamePZ; 12-28-2009 at 03:26 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #9
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
They'll sound great compared cheaper headphones, but I'd question the value. Don't be suckered by the Dr. Dre endorsement, I think you'll find much better in the price range from more reliable companies than Monster. I think you're better off going with Sennheiser, Ultrasone, Beyerdynamic, Audio-Technica, AKG or Denon. I know Best Buy at least carries most of these brands on-line, if not in store. These are companies with a lot of experience in audio components and well established audiophile reputations. Avoid Bose also, they're another company that is more marketing than quality.

Last edited by HHS; 12-28-2009 at 03:35 PM..
 12-28-2009, 03:37 PM         #10
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The quality is f**kin amazing. My sis got the $1xx.xx pair for Christmas and the noise cancellation is amazing. I got some el cheapo studio headsets and the difference is significant.
 8 years ago '09        #11
rickyricardo 6 heat pts
space
space
$148 | Props total: 0 0
gotem yesterday .. dope as f**k
 8 years ago '06        #12
dwadeforprez 2 heat pts OP
space
space
$909 | Props total: 5 5
thanks for all the feedback, i jsut dont know which ones would sound better then those. was thinking maybe bose? but i wasnt sure and didnt know
 8 years ago '06        #13
ChrisStokes 105 heat pts105
space
space
$18,412 | Props total: 2023 2023
beats by dr.dre are not top notch compared to some higher quality sennheiser headphones. Check out their top line out. They pretty much make the best headphones out there.
 8 years ago '04        #14
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
 dwadeforprez said:
thanks for all the feedback, i jsut dont know which ones would sound better then those. was thinking maybe bose? but i wasnt sure and didnt know
I'd go for Denon AH-NC732 headphones. They have great sound quality, noise cancelling and a lightweight design.
 12-28-2009, 04:42 PM         #15
comeback 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
f**k yall i thought yall talkin bout Dr. Dre beats
 8 years ago '05        #16
Danger Zone 58 heat pts58
space
space
$34,152 | Props total: 18399 18399
Theyre good headphones but u pretty much payin for the name. Since theyre Dr.Dre headphones u gon pay a grip. But my homeboi got the 400 joints, they sound good but i wudnt waste my money till i looked around
 12-28-2009, 04:47 PM         #17
kmj2318 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They're way too overpriced. Unless you need noise cancelation it would be a waste. As far as the noise cancelation, they are nice, equal to Bose. As far as sound quality, they are bad, also equal to Bose.

Before I seem biased, you should know that I bought a pair. I knew what I was getting: Overpriced fashionable headphones. I really only wanted them because of the noise cancelation for traveling and also I was curious. So it was either the Beats or a pair of Bose, and between those two they are almost identical. Headphones that have noise cancelation will always suffer in sound quality because of the "anti-noise" produced. I have a pair of $100 Denon D1001 that sound way better and are much more durable. As the person above me said, the Denon NC732 have been highly rated as well as the Audio Technica ANC7. Both have been said to rival Bose and Beats for a much lower price, I haven't tried either of them though.

So if you do want to buy them, try to find them for less than $300, you should be able to find them at $200-$250 on ebay. Also Best Buy employees can buy them for $150 with their discount.
 8 years ago '09        #18
rickyricardo 6 heat pts
space
space
$148 | Props total: 0 0

I keep my white b**ches fresh!
 8 years ago '04        #19
Explicit 239 heat pts239
space
space
$10,090 | Props total: 2389 2389
 kmj2318 said:
Also Best Buy employees can buy them for $150 with their discount.
If that is true then I have some calling I need to do. For that price for the studio headphones I'd buy them easy.
 8 years ago '04        #20
jewelz1132 5 heat pts
space
space
$12,647 | Props total: 2189 2189
I think they're pretty good..After having them for about 3 months, I hate using regular headphones. They're on par with Bose headphones and I think they're better than ANC7. If money isn't an issue I'd say to hell with it and cop them. My only problem with them is the fact they use batteries. Once that light turns yellow, you have to play them low as hell or the distortion from the bass will k!ll your ears
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 8 - Tom Down! TV One Cancels NewsOne Now Bye Bye Roland
41 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago