BXGS Madden Franchise

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
207 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
255 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
93 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #61
Stupendamatic 117 heat pts117 OP
space
space
$18,471 | Props total: 3354 3354
Everyone please re-read the initial post on the first page, it's been updated.
 8 years ago '04        #62
M I 
space
space
space
$446 | Props total: 137 137
Frank Gore is up for trade. I'd like a speedy wr/cb combo if possible.
 8 years ago '08        #63
40ozHenny 38 heat pts38
space
space
$3,543 | Props total: 1215 1215
Is there a cheezin rule? Cause I played da cowboys last week and dude ran two plays in the 2nd half, a fb dive and fb screen with his backup hb and claimed he did that cause I was blitzing...I dont mind beating me by exploiting my weakness however I didnt blitz much-ran a 4-4 defense cover 2, just wondering cause otherwise Ill keep running plays I know the cpu wont defend over and over again just to get a 1 win.
 8 years ago '05        #64
space
space
 40ozHenny said:
Is there a cheezin rule? Cause I played da cowboys last week and dude ran two plays in the 2nd half, a fb dive and fb screen with his backup hb and claimed he did that cause I was blitzing...I dont mind beating me by exploiting my weakness however I didnt blitz much-ran a 4-4 defense cover 2, just wondering cause otherwise Ill keep running plays I know the cpu wont defend over and over again just to get a 1 win.
I would rather players not line half-backs at the full-back position like I see a lot of people doing with Marion Barber/Felix Jones.

As for what you do against the cpu, do what works because to be honest there is no way tot rack what you do anyways.
 8 years ago '09        #65
blackdel93 1 heat pts
space
space
$512 | Props total: 330 330
Ay man I dont think have CPU Trading on is a good idea at all. Especially not if you want your league to be legit and successful. I don't know really, maybe it could be a good thing but I think you should turn that s**t off and let the league fill-up and let us trade with what we got ya know. Just my two cents...
 8 years ago '05        #66
space
space
 blackdel93 said:
Ay man I dont think have CPU Trading on is a good idea at all. Especially not if you want your league to be legit and successful. I don't know really, maybe it could be a good thing but I think you should turn that s**t off and let the league fill-up and let us trade with what we got ya know. Just my two cents...
Technically CPU trading is off, the way it works is you submit a trade proposal in this thread and if the other teams in your division say its ok then I will go and do the trade for you. It's not set up so you can just trade 3 overall 70s for a overall 90.
 8 years ago '04        #67
M I 
space
space
space
 Stupendamatic said:
Technically CPU trading is off, the way it works is you submit a trade proposal in this thread and if the other teams in your division say its ok then I will go and do the trade for you. It's not set up so you can just trade 3 overall 70s for a overall 90.
That's a great idea, wasnt aware of that. I just wanted to trade for a cb, nothing blockbuster, id only trade with a human for any player over an 80 rating.
 8 years ago '04        #68
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,849 | Props total: 2007 2007
i went on there last night tryin to sign up and didnt have the pass... ill grab the packers sometime today.
 8 years ago '05        #69
R4P 11 heat pts11
space
space
$7,012 | Props total: 231 231
How bout this CPU trade

Redskins Get:
Sheldon Brown (87)
Kevin Walter (80)
Quinton Mikell (82)

Eagles Get:
laron Landry (86)
deangelo Hall (79)
 8 years ago '05        #70
space
space
A player's age and potential has to be taken into account when making trades. If I was the redskins I would reject the trade and counter with.

Redskins Get:
Sheldon Brown (87) Age 30 Pot B
Jeremy Macklin (77) Age 23 Pot A

Eagles Get:
Laron Landry (86) Age 24 Pot A
DeAngelo Hall (79) Age 25 Pot B
 8 years ago '05        #71
R4P 11 heat pts11
space
space
 Stupendamatic said:
A player's age and potential has to be taken into account when making trades. If I was the redskins I would reject the trade and counter with.

Redskins Get:
Sheldon Brown (87) Age 30 Pot B
Jeremy Macklin (77) Age 23 Pot A

Eagles Get:
Laron Landry (86) Age 24 Pot A
DeAngelo Hall (79) Age 25 Pot B
lets be real here if I trade maclin to the redskins he wont be there by the trade deadline....

EDIT: Potential doesnt mean anything, in the other 2 leagues Landry and Hall are 86-80 and 89-76 respectively....s**t i had merriman get 33 sacks in a league after the first season and he actually regressed -2 points overall from 89 to 87.

My point is just because they're young and have a A/B potential doesnt mean they'll progress for me after the next season even if I get great stats with them.

Last edited by R4P; 01-03-2010 at 03:38 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #72
space
space
[quote=R4P;15116427]lets be real here if I trade maclin to the redskins he wont be there by the trade deadline....[quote]

That's irrelevant because it has nothing to do with this trade. Whether he is there or not shouldn't affect what is given up now.

R4P said:
Potential doesnt mean anything, in the other 2 leagues Landry and Hall are 86-80 and 89-76 respectively....s**t i had merriman get 33 sacks in a league after the first season and he actually regressed -2 points overall from 89 to 87.

My point is just because they're young and have a A/B potential doesnt mean they'll progress for me after the next season even if I get great stats with them.
This is straight from a EA Lead Designer Blog

Q: How much does potential matter vs. production for progressing players?

A: Potential matters because it ultimately decides if a player has reached their ceiling or not while production is important since it determines if your player’s attributes increase or decrease. So I’d say that they matter equally.
We're talking about value here, if I was the redskins I would not give up my fast, hard hitting safety and my speedy corner who has good hands, good man coverage, for a corner who is up in age, a slow possession receiver and a average safety.

Be honest, you wouldn't make that trade either.
 8 years ago '05        #73
R4P 11 heat pts11
space
space
That's irrelevant because it has nothing to do with this trade. Whether he is there or not shouldn't affect what is given up now.
Let's say hypothetically you propose a trade to the skins right after (not accusin you or sayin you would), you know you'd be more likely to acquire Maclin through the Redskins than through me. Same for other teams

This is straight from a EA Lead Designer Blog
This is irrelevant because you and I both know EA's system is flawed. We are both in the same leagues on here, you can go and confirm that the players I am trading are more constant in their OVR's the following seasons (not changing much) while the redskins players have a higher deviation of change (ie: more likely to drop more points). If you take EA's word on it you're being blind, cmon dude we've played Madden long enough to know this...how can you explain Merriman getting 33 sacks (with me controlling him) and Merriman getting 12 sacks (with sherweaz) controlling him and both of them regress -2 points in each league...google this stuff and you'll see that your stats and potential dont really come into play the way they SHOULD because EA's system is flawed. The only players that you can be 99.9% sure of progressing significantly regardless of stats are big name rookies like MACLIN.

We're talking about value here, if I was the redskins I would not give up my fast, hard hitting safety and my speedy corner who has good hands, good man coverage, for a corner who is up in age, a slow possession receiver and a average safety.

Be honest, you wouldn't make that trade either.
Again, its all relative, I've sent trade proposals that i didnt expect to work just so I could get a feel of what I would need to give up and the other player(s) accepted and had no prob with it. If you're allowing us to trade with the CPU you have to realize that we are going to always try to make the trade at least a little bit in our favor. Its just how its gonna be as long as CPU trading is ON

And by making the trade my mindset was...I'm giving a servicable starter to replace Landry, a upgrade to not only replace Hall at CB but also to more than likely take over the 1CB spot from Rogers as well as giving the redskins a #2 receiver since their WR corps are weak.

It's w/e though I knew as soon as you said "the other players in your division have to accept" that dudes would hate and not let you make any trades because theres gonna be bias there and everyone will have a diff opinion on a trade but I figured it was worth a shot anyway

Last edited by R4P; 01-03-2010 at 04:36 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #74
space
space
 R4P said:
Let's say hypothetically you propose a trade to the skins right after (not accusin you or sayin you would), you know you'd be more likely to acquire Maclin through the Redskins than through me. Same for other teams

This is irrelevant because you and I both know EA's system is flawed. We are both in the same leagues on here, you can go and confirm that the players I am trading are more constant in their OVR's the following seasons (not changing much) while the redskins players have a higher deviation of change (ie: more likely to drop more points). If you take EA's word on it you're being blind, cmon dude we've played Madden long enough to know this...how can you explain Merriman getting 33 sacks (with me controlling him) and Merriman getting 12 sacks (with sherweaz) controlling him and both of them regress -2 points in each league...google this stuff and you'll see that your stats and potential dont really come into play the way they SHOULD because EA's system is flawed. The only players that you can be 99.9% sure of progressing significantly regardless of stats are big name rookies like MACLIN.

Again, its all relative, I've sent trade proposals that i didnt expect to work just so I could get a feel of what I would need to give up and the other player(s) accepted and had no prob with it. If you're allowing us to trade with the CPU you have to realize that we are going to always try to make the trade at least a little bit in our favor. Its just how its gonna be as long as CPU trading is ON

And by making the trade my mindset was...I'm giving a servicable starter to replace Landry, a upgrade to not only replace Hall at CB but also to more than likely take over the 1CB spot from Rogers as well as giving the redskins a #2 receiver since their WR corps are weak.

It's w/e though I knew as soon as you said "the other players in your division have to accept" that dudes would hate and not let you make any trades because theres gonna be bias there and everyone will have a diff opinion on a trade but I figured it was worth a shot anyway
You still haven't answered my question, would you make the trade if you were the redskins?

As for Merriman, who knows, could be a steroid flaw () but I have seen players progress a good amount after one year. Example being Clint Sintim going from a 74 to a 80 in a spot duty or Aarron Ross going from a 80 to 87.

It's all about value, that's why I expect very few people actually making cpu trades because they won't want to give up equal value to a cpu opponent.
 8 years ago '05        #75
R4P 11 heat pts11
space
space
If you're allowing us to trade with the CPU you have to realize that we are going to always try to make the trade at least a little bit in our favor. Its just how its gonna be as long as CPU trading is ON
I think I did answer your question....

so how are CPU trades going to work for the commish (you) who regulates your trade proposals?

P.S. you're proving my point by listing sintim whose a rookie...

The only players that you can be 99.9% sure of progressing significantly regardless of stats are big name rookies like MACLIN.
so you dont misunderstand, when I say big name rookies I mean every rookie except the ones rated in the 50's or lower or FA ones

Last edited by R4P; 01-03-2010 at 05:29 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #76
space
space
 R4P said:
I think I did answer your question....

so how are CPU trades going to work for the commish (you) who regulates your trade proposals?

P.S. you're proving my point by listing sintim whose a rookie...and what about Ross, he's no rookie?

so you dont misunderstand, when I say big name rookies I mean every rookie except the ones rated in the 50's or lower or FA ones
Then the trade doesn't work for obvious reasons. Honestly I would make that trade If I was the Eagles, you have talent on offense Westbrook, McCoy, Celek, Jackson, Weaver and you would be adding a hard hitting safety that has great speed for the position. You even have a potential big time threat in Cornelius Ingram.

I won't be making any CPU trades.

You can't sit and tell me though that only rookies are going to make big progressions because you had a bad experience with Merriman. That's no reason to try and make a trade that is unfair.

I understand low-balling a human opponent just to see where they stand because we all do that but with this it's a waste of time if everyone is going to do so. I might as well just say forget the idea if it can't be taken serious because it would be a waste of time denying low ball offers all the time.
 8 years ago '05        #77
R4P 11 heat pts11
space
space
you're absolutely right that Ross isn't a rookie but I never said players wont progress if they're not rookies, just that they're more likely to. I honestly believe some players are programmed to not progress/progress more than others, it wasnt just a bad experience with merriman, cuz in all the leagues I've been in its the same thing, I feel EA stunted his character code to not progress much because they dont believe he will next season bcuz of his real life injury but who knows for sure

anyway, no point in going back and forth on this any longer, I gave my reasoning enough

Stupendamatic said:
I understand low-balling a human opponent just to see where they stand because we all do that but with this it's a waste of time if everyone is going to do so. I might as well just say forget the idea if it can't be taken serious because it would be a waste of time denying low ball offers all the time.
Thats fine, if you think it was a low ball offer its your opinion.
 8 years ago '04        #78
M I 
space
space
space
That's not all that good of a trade. You think because you trading 3 80 rated players its a good trade but its not. Im not saying you should trade Maclin but you know that s**t wouldn't fly if a human controlled that team.

It's unrealistic for a team to gut their entire secondary for players they REALLY dont need. Im not saying its not fair, it just doesnt make sense for the Redskins. How does that improve their team? They're a ball control, hard defense type team. Gutting their secondary just makes no sense for the players they're getting in return.

To justify losing Landry and Hall they would need either a shutdown corner or some type of player that really changes the dynamic of their offense and defense. Walter is not that. Walter is just a so-so WR on a so-so passing offense.

Brown is the type of corner that would excel in an already good secondary, with good safety help or good nickel backs behind him. Making him the main guy on your secondary is not a smart move.

Last edited by M I; 01-03-2010 at 07:55 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #79
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,849 | Props total: 2007 2007
had to take the ravens since packers were gone.. lookin for a WR or two if anyone wants to trade.
 8 years ago '04        #80
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,671 | Props total: 3263 3263
 M I said:
That's not all that good of a trade. You think because you trading 3 80 rated players its a good trade but its not. Im not saying you should trade Maclin but you know that s**t wouldn't fly if a human controlled that team.

It's unrealistic for a team to gut their entire secondary for players they REALLY dont need. Im not saying its not fair, it just doesnt make sense for the Redskins. How does that improve their team? They're a ball control, hard defense type team. Gutting their secondary just makes no sense for the players they're getting in return.

To justify losing Landry and Hall they would need either a shutdown corner or some type of player that really changes the dynamic of their offense and defense. Walter is not that. Walter is just a so-so WR on a so-so passing offense.

Brown is the type of corner that would excel in an already good secondary, with good safety help or good nickel backs behind him. Making him the main guy on your secondary is not a smart move.
its an awful trade cuz dude will get Landry who will prolly progress into the 90s all the while givin up Brown who is 30 years old and likely start regressing in a season or 2 due to age and a bunch of bums

Landry alone makes it a bad trade cuz of his potential
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
74 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
63 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
184 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
58 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
47 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
82 comments
20 hours ago