breaking news:floyd agrees to drop olympic blood testing

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #61
POW!!! 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$327 | Props total: 48 48
 Sizzler01 said:
all of that will be stipulated in the contract, he can't 'hide out'
blood testing is not mandatory under commission rules...

are they going to physically force him to take the test after the f!ght?

I'm just saying...if im a steroid user and only getting tested 30 days before the f!ght and straight after,what would i do?

take the steroids for 30 days....

win the f!ght....

run away to the phillipines...say i forgot about the test because of the excitement/victory(they'll make up an excuse).

agree to take the test after a few days..test clean

if mayweather complains he'd only look like a sore loser...

the drug test has to be done before the f!ght

Last edited by POW!!!; 12-26-2009 at 11:38 PM..
 12-26-2009, 11:39 PM         #62
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 POW!!! said:

I'm just saying...if im a steroid user and only getting tested 30 days before the f!ght and straight after,what would i do?

win the f!ght....

run away to the phillipines...say i forgot about the test because of the excitement/victory(they'll make up an excuse).

Plain and simple, they'd strip ya azz of both the win and the title.
 12-26-2009, 11:42 PM         #63
snoopdoggiz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DCReprezenta said:
Because in the corrupt world of boxing, its impossible to pay off a person here or there right?
 12-26-2009, 11:42 PM         #64
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 snoopdoggiz said:
But is 10million dollars a pound normal? Is that consistent? I mean name another f!ght where that was the case. 10million a pound. Ok so if Floyd has to abide to that, then Manny should have to do the drug testing. I mean, if I were Manny I would agree to the drug testing in a heartbeat just to prove people wrong. Not doing it just shows possible guilt.
you know im saying?
A fine is normal. The amount fluctuates, I have heard about 2 million dollar purses being deducted a couple hundred thousand for not making weight. Floyd agreeing to that is sternly agreeing to a principal that has been in boxing since the invention of the weight class. Floyd is asking that a drug test that professional boxing has never used all of a sudden be implemented.

Lemme ask u dis...prior to Manny's refusal to take this test, did you suspect him of any performance enhancing drug(s)?
 12-26-2009, 11:43 PM         #65
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 snoopdoggiz said:
Because in the corrupt world of boxing, its impossible to pay off a person here or there right?
Lol...I was giving the standard protocol.
 12-26-2009, 11:45 PM         #66
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Every since the absence of the post-f!ght urine test in the first Pryor/Arguello f!ght...they kinda been makin sure they complete that post-f!ght shyt. Roy Jones was even able to get a sample of Danny Green's handwraps.......These commissions are not ya local half-way house where u can sneak in a cup of ya nephew's piss.
 8 years ago '04        #67
POW!!! 4 heat pts
space
space
space
 DCReprezenta said:
not if he tested clean.
 12-26-2009, 11:47 PM         #68
snoopdoggiz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DCReprezenta said:
A fine is normal. The amount fluctuates, I have heard about 2 million dollar purses being deducted a couple hundred thousand for not making weight. Floyd agreeing to that is sternly agreeing to a principal that has been in boxing since the invention of the weight class. Floyd is asking that a drug test that professional boxing has never used all of a sudden be implemented.

Lemme ask u dis...prior to Manny's refusal to take this test, did you suspect him of any performance enhancing drug(s)?
Like i already stated, no. I thought he was just a modern day Henry Armstrong. But if Lebron James, CC Sabathia, Andersen Silva, or Ray Lewis ever refused to take a drug test, I would be suspicious as well. Would you?
 12-26-2009, 11:48 PM         #69
snoopdoggiz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DCReprezenta said:
Every since the absence of the post-f!ght urine test in the first Pryor/Arguello f!ght...they kinda been makin sure they complete that post-f!ght shyt. Roy Jones was even able to get a sample of Danny Green's handwraps.......These commissions are not ya local half-way house where u can sneak in a cup of ya nephew's piss.
But the post f!ght inspections missed Margaritos wraps after the Cotto f!ght no?
 12-26-2009, 11:49 PM         #70
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 POW!!! said:
not if he tested clean.
That would make an incomplete test. Refusal to provide the post-f!ght sample.
 8 years ago '04        #71
POW!!! 4 heat pts
space
space
space
all im saying is that post f!ght atmosphere is very chaotic....if you really wanna catch something...it has to be done BEFORE the f!ght..ask cotto...

Last edited by POW!!!; 12-26-2009 at 11:51 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #72
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,058 | Props total: 984 984
 POW!!! said:

win the f!ght....

if its in the contract that these dude are to take a blood test after the f!ght then they are not going to just let them walk out of the arena without taking it, the powers that be will make sure of it
 12-26-2009, 11:51 PM         #73
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 snoopdoggiz said:
Like i already stated, no. I thought he was just a modern day Henry Armstrong. But if Lebron James, CC Sabathia, Andersen Silva, or Ray Lewis ever refused to take a drug test, I would be suspicious as well. Would you?
OK...so his performance alone never made u raise your eyebrow?....Seems to me that Team Mayweather got yall thinking Manny is juicing. Not any superhuman performances in the ring. U would think the guy just knocked out Godzilla the way people are all of a sudden accusing him of steroids.
 12-26-2009, 11:53 PM         #74
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 snoopdoggiz said:
But the post f!ght inspections missed Margaritos wraps after the Cotto f!ght no?
It's a matter of catching it the next time. There is hole in everything until it gets filled. Trinidad coulda been getting away with illegal wraps until they got hip to that, Margarito's wraps were caught...now Roy Jones camp were able to get a sample of Danny Green's wraps (which would have otherwise been discarded, probably).
Not sure what your point was.

[Edit-addition] They also have footage that was later scrutinized to show examples of these instances where rules were broken. Further evidence, so when it slipped initially, they still caught it...Like the Curt Schilling "bloody sock" incident.

Last edited by DCReprezenta; 12-26-2009 at 11:56 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #75
POW!!! 4 heat pts
space
space
space
Prevention is better than cure.

Testing before the f!ght(during training) will always be better than after. (steroids are mainly used to train harder).

Ask cotto if he would have preferred them finding margarito's hand wraps before or after the f!ght..

Last edited by POW!!!; 12-26-2009 at 11:59 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #76
omglolwtfbbq 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,241 | Props total: 0 0
So the blood testing is still on, just not "Olympic" testing - there will be a specific cutoff, not too close to the f!ght. Looks like that's the only thing in the way now. :dancingcool:

"We are OK to move off USADA," Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, who is representing Mayweather, told ESPN.com. "What we're saying, and what is important to us, is four things -- that the tests be random, that they include blood and urine and the time frame, meaning when do you stop the tests before the f!ght but know they will still be effective. Three of them we have agreed on -- random, blood and urine. So now it is a matter of the two sides working out the specifics of the cutoff date to a.ssure it will still be effective."
 8 years ago '07        #77
omglolwtfbbq 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,241 | Props total: 0 0
 POW!!! said:
Ask cotto is he would have preferred them finding margarito's hand wraps before or after the f!ght..
lmao, really tho. that's pretty s**tty for him... getting his face beat in like that, with only a semi-asterisk next to it after dude's gloves were found dirty afterwords.
 12-27-2009, 12:01 AM         #78
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 POW!!! said:
Prevention is better than cure.

Testing right before the f!ght will always be better than after. (steroids are mainly used to train harder).

Ask cotto if he would have preferred them finding margarito's hand wraps before or after the f!ght..
I dont dispute that. I'm sure security would have liked to have had a few more items on the banned list prior to 9/11. Sometimes it takes a broken "rule" to make a new one.
 12-27-2009, 12:03 AM         #79
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rememba during the Hopkins/Trinidad f!ght. Hopkins camp demanded something that was within the commission rules, Tito's camp obliged.
When you are quoting rules, you can demand...Otherwise you simply requesting at the other one's discretion.
 8 years ago '04        #80
POW!!! 4 heat pts
space
space
space
 DCReprezenta said:
I dont dispute that. I'm sure security would have liked to have had a few more items on the banned list prior to 9/11. Sometimes it takes a broken "rule" to make a new one.
True.

but i'm suspicious about that 30 day window they keep asking for...what's stopping them using PED's for 3 weeks to train harder....then stop 1 week before the f!ght to test clean..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux - December 9?
1400 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy