breaking news:floyd agrees to drop olympic blood testing

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-26-2009, 09:57 PM         #21
humble08 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
floyd still gon win
 8 years ago '07        #22
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,936 | Props total: 1532 1532
Real s**t right here...

"The pressure is on Pacquiao," he said. "They keep moving the goal post like they did with the $10 million weight penalty [if either f!ghter is over the contract maximum 147 pounds], which we agreed to. They didn't think we would accept that. When we did, they had to find something else to make into a problem. So now they're saying it's up to the commission instead of wanting to negotiate the drug testing with us. I don't want to hear that if the f!ght breaks up it was because of us. When they came to us with a $10 million weight penalty, they didn't expect us to say yes. They thought we'd say no. So when we said yes, they had to come up with something else. Now we're off USADA, and they are going to come and say only urine testing if that's what the commission says. It's really frustrating.

"We are making compromises. It's a two-way street. If they back off again, I will shut off my phone and spend the rest of the Christmas and New Year's time with my family, and good luck to all of these fools."

While Arum is making plans for an alternative f!ght for Pacquiao against former junior welterweight titlist Paulie Malignaggi -- who has also accused Pacquiao of using PEDs -- if the Mayweather f!ght falls apart, Schaefer said he hasn't discussed an alternative with Mayweather.

"We haven't discussed anybody else because the f!ght we want to bring to the f!ght fans is the one with Pacquiao," he said. "The focus is on getting Mayweather-Pacquiao done while Bob is making calls everywhere on the Malignaggi f!ght. That shows his focus is not on Mayweather.

"How ridiculous is that that Pacquiao would go and f!ght the guy who makes accusations that he uses performance-enhancing drugs instead of Mayweather [Jr.], who didn't make those accusations? Something is not right. I don't know how to explain it other than maybe Pacquiao doesn't want the Mayweather f!ght."
 12-26-2009, 10:01 PM         #23
Dengy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DCReprezenta said:
I think I have a pretty decent IQ and i'm 24...I dont think Pacman is afraid of "Money May".
A f!ght with Paulie is a f!ght than can be made with the standard championship safety regulations, not an Olympic-style test for a non Olympic-style competition.

What's next? Pre-f!ght lie detector tests?

If the commission deems it necessary, then you do it. If a somewhat prima-donna demands it, then it's completely at your discretion.

Oh yeah, this is coming from a Floyd Mayweather, Jr. fan...just callin' it how I see it.
but compared to a $10 million per pound penalty, Olympic style testing aint s**t really
 12-26-2009, 10:11 PM         #24
JediKnight'sSon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 [Trini Yute] said:
the problem wasnt that he didnt want to take the test. He said he will take it, just not exactly right before the f!ght because the blood loss would affect his ability to perform
co-sign
 12-26-2009, 10:18 PM         #25
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
pac is a dirty lil bastard and he knows it
 12-26-2009, 10:18 PM         #26
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 snoopdoggiz said:
Ok but Pacman says hes suing PBF for slandering his name even though PBF himself never accused him of anything. He only said that it was suspisious that Pac didnt want to do the testing. On the other hand Paulie has come out and blasted Pac and straight accused him of cheating but PAc wants to make a deal wit him? How does that make sense? And no i dont think that Pac is afraid of PBF. Not many f!ghters are because he doesnt punish you as bad as some guys. But Pac is afraid of losing to PBF. And lets be real, boxing drug testing is a joke. Way too easy to get past it. This isnt just any f!ght here. Its the biggest in history. You want the same testing here as a Ricardo Mayorga f!ght? Why not make it completely sure?
Oh yeah, this is coming from a Manny Pacquaio fan...just callin' it how I see it
The lawsuit, I haven't commented on...therefore a rebuttal (sp?) on my part is unnecessary.

Ellerbe wanted the olympic style drug test days after Manny's win over Cotto, weeks/months before a f!ght with Manny was even in the workings. In short, Manny's refusal is not what sparked suspisions, this was something they wanted from the jump.

Paulie has been known to do a lot of ranting, but guess what else....He's also been known to f!ght as long as no rules are broken. Paulie will take the f!ght as long as standard tests are administered.

Regardless of the magnitude of the f!ght, all drug tests should be administered the same. What's good for a Botha vs. Holyfield f!ght should be good enough for Mayweather vs. Pacquaio. Why not petition the boxing commissions and sanctioning bodies to make those tests mandatory, Manny has abided by all of those for his entire career.

As far as Manny being afraid, add this to your notes: Manny's last 4 f!ghts have been against opponents whom he moved up in weight classes to f!ght...All resulted in him stopping them. Floyd recently went 10 and 12 rounds respectively with opponents who moved to his weight class, most notably Marquez who jumped 2 weight classes.
Were u hip to that, 'Manny Pacquaio' fan?
 8 years ago '07        #27
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16 OP
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4814 4814
 JediKnight'sSon said:
co-sign
what tha hell.dude said he would take a test 30 days before tha f!ght lmao.wtf is tha point in that????
 12-26-2009, 10:19 PM         #28
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dengy said:
but compared to a $10 million per pound penalty, Olympic style testing aint s**t really
Floyd came in overweight in his last f!ght, which sparked legitimate concern on Pacquaio's part.
Manny aint pass cloudy p!ss to cause the Mayweather camp to wanna beef up drug-testing.
 12-26-2009, 10:20 PM         #29
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
what tha hell.dude said he would take a test 30 days before tha f!ght lmao.wtf is tha point in that????
...and immediately after the f!ght. See the point in that?
 8 years ago '07        #30
space
space
 DCReprezenta said:
...and immediately after the f!ght. See the point in that?
his immediately was tha day after.he didnt mean literally as in right after tha f!ght
 12-26-2009, 10:23 PM         #31
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
his immediately was tha day after.he didnt mean literally as in right after tha f!ght
They test immediately after the f!ght, urine at least.
 8 years ago '07        #32
space
space
 DCReprezenta said:
They test immediately after the f!ght, urine at least.
blood is tha issue,not urine
 12-26-2009, 10:28 PM         #33
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
blood is tha issue,not urine
So do u think diffrently of Manny for wanting to follow what is mandated?
 8 years ago '07        #34
space
space
 DCReprezenta said:
So do u think diffrently of Manny for wanting to follow what is mandated?
in this case,yes i do.if it was a regular f!ght,like marquez or somethin,then no i wouldnt mind.but this is possibly tha biggest f!ght in history,i feel both of these dudes should do everything they can to unsure tha people this is a good clean f!ght.
 12-26-2009, 10:40 PM         #35
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
in this case,yes i do.if it was a regular f!ght,like marquez or somethin,then no i wouldnt mind.but this is possibly tha biggest f!ght in history,i feel both of these dudes should do everything they can to unsure tha people this is a good clean f!ght.
OK...so the same test Floyd took after his impressive wins against Corrales, Gatti, and Marquez shouldn't suffice?

Understand dis...if you are arguing that you want to ensure the sport is clean then dont limit it to just big f!ghts. That just sounds absurd, if the combatants of Mayweather/Pacquaio should undergo this style of test then everybody should. The magnitude is irrelevent if you are preaching a clean f!ght.

Lie-detector tests, Hair tests, Saliva...what's gonna be next?
 8 years ago '04        #36
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,613 | Props total: 286 286
 Supreme7 said:
floyd iz gonna drop pac man...
it will go to decision for sure pac man is a warrior floyd is a dancer from the f!ghts i have seen floyd likes to pick his punches and dance around manny just goes in he takes some hard hits to and just retaliates like its nothing so u can hate all u want but this is gonna be a battle i wanna see floyd eat a pacman pucnh tho he talk to much
 8 years ago '04        #37
POW!!! 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$327 | Props total: 48 48
Hypothetical.

Manny defeats Mayweather with the use of steroids...

what stops manny running away to the phillipines after the f!ght? who's going to chase him around the world for a blood test?.
 8 years ago '05        #38
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,060 | Props total: 984 984
 ChickzNKickz said:
Why do u have have Manny's Dik in your mouth in every FLoyd/Manny Thread??

:jay:

Honestly......
wtf is this nagga talking about
 12-26-2009, 10:57 PM         #39
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 POW!!! said:
Hypothetical.

Manny defeats Mayweather with the use of steroids...

what stops manny running away to the phillipines after the f!ght? who's going to chase him around the world for a blood test?.
Commissions aint gon chase u. U hide out and let a drug test window close, they'll "No Contest" ya shyt. Especially with this much publicity.
 8 years ago '07        #40
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 DCReprezenta said:
I think I have a pretty decent IQ and i'm 24...I dont think Pacman is afraid of "Money May".
A f!ght with Paulie is a f!ght than can be made with the standard championship safety regulations, not an Olympic-style test for a non Olympic-style competition.

What's next? Pre-f!ght lie detector tests?

If the commission deems it necessary, then you do it. If a somewhat prima-donna demands it, then it's completely at your discretion.

Oh yeah, this is coming from a Floyd Mayweather, Jr. fan...just callin' it how I see it.
Olympic style testing should be the way it should be all the time just not on the day of the f!ght...Mad boxers cheat....Looks like Manny's camp is punkin out..and the fact that there looking for an alternative against an inferior f!ghter that got beat by a f!ghter he already knocked out leads me to believe he's hiding something
Home      

most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
155 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now