Breaking: Urban Meyer stepping down as head coach of Florida

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
92 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #101
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,396 | Props total: 1 1
^^^^ you dont have to trust me....... But trust me :dancingcool:
 8 years ago '04        #102
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 C.R.I.P. said:
nothing official yet
There's been rumors that he was gonna end up at FSU before this s**t went down...

FSU is gonna have the #1 recruiting class this year... .i think they got like 3 or 4 five star players so far .....

Too bad stars don't mean jack s**t hahahahahahhaha we gonna mop you next year at the shark boy believe that f**k you nolie b**ches
 8 years ago '04        #103
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
outta the uf recruiting bonanza Miami will probably end up with Joshua Shaw if he visits, I-Mac, maybe Dunkley. Gotta laugh at Dunbar and Linden Trail for ducking on the U for gainsville them idiots might be kicking themselves right now
 8 years ago '05        #104
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,396 | Props total: 1 1
 Cap Peeler said:
There's been rumors that he was gonna end up at FSU before this s**t went down...

FSU is gonna have the #1 recruiting class this year... .i think they got like 3 or 4 five star players so far .....

Too bad stars don't mean jack s**t hahahahahahhaha we gonna mop you next year at the shark boy believe that f**k you nolie b**ches

keep wackin it to the U documentary.. you dirty faced- trailer livin' bastard
 8 years ago '04        #105
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2971 2971
Urban Meyer’s resignation jeopardizes area’s Florida commitments

Half an hour after Florida coach Urban Meyer’s abrupt resignation went public, Dwyer senior Gerald Christian’s cell phone lit up with calls from the Gators’ recruiting rivals.

Christian, a tight end who was UF’s strongest commitment from the area’s senior class, heard from Miami, Florida State and Georgia — each of which viewed Meyer’s departure as an opportunity to steal the Gators’ top prospects.

“It was shocking,” Christian said. “They’re telling me I still have my options open and they’d like to come to their school.

“It’s made me reconsider what I’m going to do. I think they’re going to lose a lot of (commits).”

And that’s a player who barely thought about going anywhere other than Florida. Those who wavered at times, like Christian’s Dwyer teammates Matt Elam and Robert Clark, are likely to be even more shaken by the news.

Elam, Christian and Clark have little time to reassess their situation. All three players committed to Florida, graduated early and planned to begin school in Gainesville early next month.

Pahokee wide receiver Chris Dunkley also intends to enroll at a college in January. Dunkley is not committed, but has said throughout his senior season that he favored the Gators. He narrowed his options to Florida and Alabama and both head coaches recently visited him.

Dunkley was unavailable for comment. Blue Devils coach Blaze Thompson said in a text message he was unsure if Meyer’s resignation would cause Dunkley to “change his mind.”

Potential signees that are not graduating early have until at least Feb. 3, national signing day, to change their minds, but those who plan to enroll in time for spring practices have a short span in which to rethink one of the biggest decisions of their lives.

“It’s horrible for those guys,” said Dwyer coach Jack Daniels, a former Florida defensive back. “I feel really bad for those kids and I feel bad for Coach Meyer, too.”

A coach from one SEC power texted Daniels on Saturday to let him know the door was open for Christian, Elam and Clark.

An a.ssistant coach from a different SEC school, who requested anonymity because the NCAA prohibits coaches from discussing certain aspects of recruiting, said he expects Florida’s competitors to treat this like, “sharks with blood in the water — will be all over it.”

He added that he thinks Florida will “hire a big-name coach” and keep most of its prized commits.

Elam is the Gators’ biggest concern. He is 6-foot, 210 pounds, runs the 40-yard dash in 4.45 seconds and he expected to play safety for Florida. He was named the Gatorade Player of the Year for the state this season and is the area’s top prospect.

He committed to the Gators last fall, due in part to his history with Meyer. Meyer coached Elam’s older brother, Abram, at Notre Dame and talked Matt Elam down from de-committing at least once this season. Elam gave strong consideration to Florida State and West Virginia over the past few months.

Clark committed to West Virginia prior to the season, but Meyer personally wooed him away from the Mountaineers in recent weeks. Clark said he ate dinner at Meyer’s home in Gainesville during a visit, then Meyer came to Dwyer to solidify his commitment to Florida last week.

Clark and Elam did not return messages, but Daniels said both players are contemplating their commitments.

“Matt’s a guy I thought would flip off the deep end because of his relationship with Coach Meyer, but he was calm,” Daniels said. “He said he didn’t know what he would do.

“(Clark) just committed there and he doesn’t know what to do, either.”

Prior to Meyer’s move, Florida already had lost a.ssistants Billy Gonzales and Charlie Strong, both of whom had a hand in recruiting players from this area. The upheaval in the coaching staff could change the Gators’ entire offensive and defensive systems.

“Everybody’s gone now,” Christian said. “It could look totally different.”

Gonzales did most of the Gators’ recruiting in this area, but Meyer made several trips as well. He visited Palm Beach Central linebacker Jon Bostic and Pahokee wide receiver Nu’Keese Richardson last season. This year he made two stops at Dwyer, at least one to see Dunkley and stood on Treasure Coast’s sideline to watch linebacker Jeff Luc, who ultimately committed to FSU.
fukk trail and dunbar, let them rot in gainesville....give me sticks and joshua shaw and i'm happy
 8 years ago '05        #106
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,532 | Props total: 18 18
Well college football is cyclical...thank God. Someone will of course step up in the SEC, and its only a matter of time before they fall back to earth.

I see the playing field becoming a lot more level over the next few years.

Soooooo pissed that Bama pushed their series back with Penn State. For those that don't know, they were still suffering from scholarship sanctions and just being crappy and they pushed it back from 04-05 to the next 2 years. Just think what it would be like for Penn State to play them then, vs. playing them now. One example of how things go in cycles. Penn State has very little chance next year, but 2011 should be a good game.

Anyways, Florida fans should be sad that reality will hit them again, but they have a hell of a run to be proud of.

Here's to Penn State getting some shine in the new decade.
 8 years ago '06        #107
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,357 | Props total: 346 346
Gators fans are in meltdown mode tonight Saban takes down another one!!! Just playing onthe Saban part but real talk.. This is not good on UF's part especially with the recruits!! I was on some website but don't think it isn't real "trust worthy" but I'm hearing UF's AD wanting to get in contact with Will Muschamp from UTexas and will have a Head Coach within a week.

Chris Dunkley come on to Bama if the offer is still available from us.
 8 years ago '04        #108
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,357 | Props total: 8456 8456
lol Florida is the new Miami = short title run = ova
 12-26-2009, 09:31 PM         #109
WMYakballzWM 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
health issues = broken heart cause his butt buddy tebow is leaving
 8 years ago '06        #110
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,357 | Props total: 346 346
 OMEGAMAN said:

Soooooo pissed that Bama pushed their series back with Penn State. For those that don't know, they were still suffering from scholarship sanctions and just being crappy and they pushed it back from 04-05 to the next 2 years. Just think what it would be like for Penn State to play them then, vs. playing them now. One example of how things go in cycles. Penn State has very little chance next year, but 2011 should be a good game.
This is news to me.. But when did Bama push back their series with Penn State because as far as i know, We are schedule to play you guys this upcoming year and next (2011) ??
 8 years ago '04        #111
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
will be even worse if Nati beats them
 8 years ago '12        #112
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,986 | Props total: 1251 1251
Thank you Jesus lord of all mighty
 8 years ago '04        #113
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,924 | Props total: 4285 4285
 Javon23 said:
says the guy whose team has won one title (which everybody knows was a fluke) since 1970.
 8 years ago '08        #114
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
He scared to coach his incoming squad and returning players. Since Tebum gon, they'll probably get 6 or 7 wins. Never thought urban meyer was a good coach...
 8 years ago '04        #115
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
says the guy whose team has won one title (which everybody knows was a fluke) since 1970.
Rose Bowl b**ch
miscellaneous bowl for you
 8 years ago '05        #116
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,067 | Props total: 6969 6969
 Cap Peeler said:

you n*ggaz got the least intimidating stadium in history.....aint no sharks n*ggaz like guppies....our stadium be half full sometime but only like 3 people show up to your games.
 8 years ago '05        #117
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,067 | Props total: 6969 6969
Dunkley is goin to either Bama or Miami....he might stick though, depending on who they get.....still my favorite WR this class...n*gga is A BEAST!!!!!!!!

ELAM is a NOLE.....just wait for it.
 8 years ago '05        #118
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 Javon23 said:
Lmao @ this s**t..
 8 years ago '04        #119
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
Mike Shanahan is a dark horse for this job mark my words.....
 8 years ago '05        #120
Chuck Hustle 
space
space
$8,517 | Props total: 0 0
Thats sad...Meyer is a great coach, anyone know whats wrong?
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
56 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy