Prevent your Space Jam soles from yellowing

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
108 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
23 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
51 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #1
36215 pageviews
32 comments

LegalTrappeRx 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,703 | Props total: 91 91
Prevent your Space Jam soles from yellowing

[pic - click to view]

Our recent purchase of the Air Jordan 11 Space Jams brings up a great opportunity to discuss a vital issue. At one point of your life as a sneakerhead, you have been faced with this dilemma. How do you keep you icy soles from yellowing? Before looking at some potential solutions, let’s first understand the process of how our icy soles get yellow.

Whether you kept them in your closet or wore them vigorously, keeping your soles icy is quite inevitable. Why? Because the yellowing happens due to a process called oxidation. Oxidation is the combination of a substance with oxygen. Sadly, when your icy soles are exposed to oxygen, they turn yellow! How in the world can you prevent them from turning yellow then?

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

If you wear your shoes, yellowing of the soles can’t be avoided. So, you are going to have to accept that you are NOT going to be wearing these shoes. Now some of you guys are probably thinking: “I just paid $175 for these Space Jams, I am wearing them!”. As a collector, I personally like to buy multiple pairs of my holy grails. In this case, I wear one pair and keep the other pair on ice. But not all of us can afford more than one pair so lets discuss best ways of keep you soles icy as long as possible.

[pic - click to view]

Stay off grass, dirt, gravel and things of the sort. If you are walking with your friends and they take a shortcut via the grass, do yourself a favor and walk around. It’s NOT worth it. Do not wear in the rain! Water is your worst enemy. Water will give you the nice yellow bottom for sure… No rain or snow puddles because moisture and oxygen = yellow soles.

“As the inventor of Sea Glow, I thought you all might be interested in how it works, how it should be used, and the precautions you should take. Visit islandgirlproducts.com to order Sea Glow. Yellowing on the surface of white or clear synthetic rubber is due to surface oxidation and staining, and will be removed by Sea Glow or Island Girl Pink. However, yellowing that goes down deep into the sole is mainly due to the natural slightly yellow color of the rubber that, when new, is corrected by a flourescent “optical brightener”, which eventually stops working and HAS to be activated by the small amount in UV in regular daylight. By soaking down into the rubber, the highly flourescent additives in Sea Glow will neutralize the yellowness, but only in the presence of sunlight. Once this has happened, the rubber will stay this way as long as it sees daylight every few days (sort of like a battery being charged). On solid white rubber, the Sea Glow does not need to penetrate very far at all.”
Via
[pic - click to view]

Kicks On Fire

32 comments for "Prevent your Space Jam soles from yellowing"

8 years ago '08        #2
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4

Just purchased a bottle so I'll update you once I give a try.
 12-26-2009, 04:16 PM         #3
humble08 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
subscribes to thread
 8 years ago '07        #4
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,575 | Props total: 1045 1045
 NO RELIGION said:
Clear nail polish on the bottom of your sole will not only keep them clean but will prevent them from turning yellow.
i never thought of that. i might try that. seems logical. thats whats up.
 8 years ago '06        #5
realgunta 703 heat pts703
space
space
$20,471 | Props total: 16164 16164
ona real, i honestly cant be bothered to stop a shoe from looking old.
 8 years ago '04        #6
Mercury 
space
space
$2,583 | Props total: 1422 1422
are there any damages that can occur from the misuse of this product? Should you use it BEFORE they turn yellow, or when it starts to turn yellow? Also, it says that it will correct already yellowed soles, can anyone confirm this?

I think I'ma get a bottle and test it on some OLD shoes first before using them on my dope joints like space jams/grapes/foamposites
 8 years ago '04        #7
infam0uskills 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,431 | Props total: 5517 5517
misuse of this product can cause the sneaker to seperate from the sole if u dont know what youre doing.

the soles will turn yellow, cant stop it only delay it.
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #8
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,652 | Props total: 5333 5333
They are gonna turn yellow if let them sit , only way is if you wrap them in plastic and dont wear them like they are meant ... A good scrubing every now and then will do you good .. Its like aging you can slow it , but not stop it .
 8 years ago '08        #9
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 Aesop730 said:
They are gonna turn yellow if let them sit , only way is if you wrap them in plastic and dont wear them like they are meant ... A good scrubing every now and then will do you good .. Its like aging you can slow it , but not stop it .
a.ssuming that seaglow stuff works, you're suppose to seal the soles with a sealant or like someone mentioned earlier, clear nail polish. There are ways to avoid the yellowing.
 8 years ago '04        #10
kenoe212004 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,295 | Props total: 3753 3753
damn I hope it works but I aint goin to wear mines anyways....
 12-29-2009, 12:09 AM         #11
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that's why the red gum soles>>>>>>>>>>>>
 12-29-2009, 12:09 AM         #12
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kenoe212004 said:
damn I hope it works but I aint goin to wear mines anyways....
n*gga did you read where even if you let them sit they are still going to turn yellow?
 8 years ago '04        #13
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,652 | Props total: 5333 5333
 KarteL13 said:
Assuming that seaglow stuff works, you're suppose to seal the soles with a sealant or like someone mentioned earlier, clear nail polish. There are ways to avoid the yellowing.
Nope ..
 8 years ago '04        #14
Mercury 
space
space
$2,583 | Props total: 1422 1422
 infam0uskills said:
misuse of this product can cause the sneaker to seperate from the sole if u dont know what youre doing.

the soles will turn yellow, cant stop it only delay it.
Posted via Mobile Device
that ALONE will cause me not to use that product
 8 years ago '04        #15
space
space
man just store them in a dark spot and cool, u good to go.

I had my DMP XI maddd icey, started wearing it this year and turned slightly yellow in the middle of the sole. Its inevitable that these sole will yellow.
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '07        #16
oitsjusthim 7 heat pts
space
space
$258 | Props total: 0 0
Yeah Sea Glow works wonders on yellow'd soles. However as stated above if the sea glow gets on the glue that holds the icey soles to the mid sole they will seperate. There's alot of info on issforums in the customs and restoration threads. Do research before you jump in the deep end on this one.
 8 years ago '04        #17
space
space
 oitsjusthim said:
Yeah Sea Glow works wonders on yellow'd soles. However as stated above if the sea glow gets on the glue that holds the icey soles to the mid sole they will seperate. There's alot of info on issforums in the customs and restoration threads. Do research before you jump in the deep end on this one.
id even take the extreme of buying/finding some XI beaters to test on, just to get a feel of what youre doing. You dont want your spacejams be the first shoe you try seaglow on.

Theres pros/cons with seaglow, id suggest you check issforums or niketalk for their shoe care threads. There are pros on those sites that are trusted and ACTUALLY KNOWS their s**t. Boxden has people that are knowledgeable but i rather go to where sneaker heads go for info and answers
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '07        #18
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
 Tommy_Bunz said:
that's why the red gum soles>>>>>>>>>>>>
i got both pairs so i aint trippin. im just gonna wear the red soles more often than the clear space jams instead!
 8 years ago '05        #19
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
 infam0uskills said:
id even take the extreme of buying/finding some XI beaters to test on, just to get a feel of what youre doing. You dont want your spacejams be the first shoe you try seaglow on.

Theres pros/cons with seaglow, id suggest you check issforums or niketalk for their shoe care threads. There are pros on those sites that are trusted and ACTUALLY KNOWS their s**t. Boxden has people that are knowledgeable but i rather go to where sneaker heads go for info and answers
Posted via Mobile Device

pretty much
 8 years ago '05        #20
Mc PushA 37 heat pts37
space
space
$2,291 | Props total: 0 0
dayuuuuum I dont no weither to cop it or not cuz I dont wanna spen 300 just have have these things turn p!ss yellow in a year
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
63 comments
24 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy