Lil Wayne + Drake + Nicki Minaj = Flop (Numbers Inside!!!)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Todd Todd Todd Mcshay first mock.
52 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
73 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-24-2009, 12:26 AM         #61
Galaxy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jay da 5-9 said:
now, seriously. c'mon, son. i know you see it too. you can't possibly believe nicki minaj isn't ugly. i know you've seen the same pictures i have. c'mon, son.
I can't see how anyone would classify Nikki Minaj as ugly no. But i'm done discussing things with people like you for now, it went from being funny to boring extremely quickly.
 8 years ago '06        #62
kosterzoo 
space
space
$820 | Props total: 2 2
 Galaxy said:
I'm going to break this too you extremely slowly, so you don't jump back in fright, it's nearing the end of 2009. Record sales are completely different, 50 cent's last solo album sold barely more than this without the kids and unknowns taking up alot of it and ALOT more promotion. Hope your ok.
Yeah again flawed logic

record sales haven't dropped by 90% so even if we skew the the numbers to allow for current market trends it still doesn't add up...

And speaking of being slow, that still doesn't explain your logic on the fact that 'no one knows these new kids on the album' as the same applied to the aforementioned group releases yet they were still selling consistantly..

If you're comparing 50's numbers to these guys you're kidding yourself.. 50 fell off after the Massacre so he's no longer relevant..

However apparently these new kids are the future??
 8 years ago '07        #63
Jago 1030 heat pts1030 OP
space
space
space
$3,761 | Props total: 5443 5443
 kosterzoo said:
Yeah again flawed logic

record sales haven't dropped by 90% so even if we skew the the numbers to allow for current market trends it still doesn't add up...

And speaking of being slow, that still doesn't explain your logic on the fact that 'no one knows these new kids on the album' as the same applied to the aforementioned group releases yet they were still selling consistantly..

If you're comparing 50's numbers to these guys you're kidding yourself.. 50 fell off after the Massacre so he's no longer relevant..

However apparently these new kids are the future??
Ask Galaxy why this album sold so well?

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '06        #64
kosterzoo 
space
space
^^

Ignorance is bliss I guess... Lets be honest 100k is still considered a flop/LL's last 5 album numbers no matter what the economy.
 12-24-2009, 12:35 AM         #65
Galaxy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kosterzoo said:

If you're comparing 50's numbers to these guys you're kidding yourself
Are you joking? Did you read the thread? That's what the threadstarter was doing, so i mentioned it. If a Wayne or Drake album dropped, it would sell 500k+, there's not one person who would doubt that. Now they took a bunch of unknowns and kids - they are unknown to the general public from their label, and gave them alot of time on the record and a debut album of 100k+. If you call this a flop, you are stupid.
 12-24-2009, 12:36 AM         #66
jay da 5-9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i have no more words. i realize it's a matter of preference, but nikki minaj looks like a transvestite. if you're into that, that's cool. but that ain't me, playa.

and to get back to the album flopping, the album flopped. so did 50. the difference is, 50 actually put out a decent album. good music > bad music. and you know damn well the only people that bought this garbage are people that are so far up wayne's a.ss they probably cried when they realized they were the only ones buying it. nobody cares about young money artists. i don't understand why anyone cares about lol wayne, but i recognize that a lot of people do. people actually realize that this album sucks. it's a step in the right direction, for hip hop.
 8 years ago '07        #67
Jago 1030 heat pts1030 OP
space
space
space
$3,761 | Props total: 5443 5443
 Galaxy said:
Ok so your even more stupid than the other guy, i'm saying the people checking for YOUNG MONEY, are fans of Drake, Wayne and maybe Nikki Minaj, not people in general. I can't believe the things i'm having to explain.

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '07        #68
Antbone 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 1 1
weed and alcohol seem to satisfy us all....damn
 12-24-2009, 12:38 AM         #69
jay da 5-9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Galaxy said:
If a Wayne or Drake album dropped, it would sell 500k+, there's not one person who would doubt that.
you sure about that? who would have guess 50 sold what he sold? the point is, both albums flopped. end of discussion. just accept it.
 8 years ago '06        #70
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 J-Kellz said:
not gunna lie, when i saw this thread sayin flop i was expectin 30k or so, when i saw 100-130 or wutever i was like o s**t, thats a lot more than i expected, not a flop in my eyes and trust me i am nowhere near a fan, i'm a self-admitted wayne hater
 12-24-2009, 12:39 AM         #71
Galaxy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jay da 5-9 said:
i have no more words. i realize it's a matter of preference, but nikki minaj looks like a transvestite. if you're into that, that's cool. but that ain't me, playa.

and to get back to the album flopping, the album flopped. so did 50. the difference is, 50 actually put out a decent album. good music > bad music. and you know damn well the only people that bought this garbage are people that are so far up wayne's a.ss they probably cried when they realized they were the only ones buying it. nobody cares about young money artists. i don't understand why anyone cares about lol wayne, but i recognize that a lot of people do. people actually realize that this album sucks. it's a step in the right direction, for hip hop.
Sigh, your just not taking anything in are you? I'm just going to say this, since you seem to want to desperately compare this to peoples solo album sales - which you never should, Kid Cudi's debut sold 104k, it was considered a GREAT sales debut. This album filled with unknowns and kids was carried to possibly more than that on it's debut. Does that make sense to you?
 8 years ago '06        #72
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 - Streetz - said:
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOLOLOL same people saying 50 FLOPPED
are now saying these young money dudes didnt flop .. n*ggas are confused
50 doesnt have to share profit of his album with 8 other artist so this is a young money flop
 8 years ago '06        #73
kosterzoo 
space
space
 Galaxy said:
Are you joking? Did you read the thread? That's what the threadstarter was doing, so i mentioned it. If a Wayne or Drake album dropped, it would sell 500k+, there's not one person who would doubt that. Now they took a bunch of unknowns and kids - they are unknown to the general public from their label, and gave them alot of time on the record and a debut album of 100k+. If you call this a flop, you are stupid.
Yip based on the aforementioned facts I would call it a flop. This album was put out to be commericaly viable, in the 4th quarter with 3 artists on it who are supposedly 'hot in the streets' yet it only sells 100k..

I'm done discussing this with you because you are an Idiot. Are you actually educated? Do you know anything about Economics/Sales forecasting? Do you really think the Label will be happy with those numbers with all the supposed interest in these Artists?
 8 years ago '05        #74
dzuki77 
space
space
$1,442 | Props total: 66 66
Its not my money so I dont give a f**k what they sell but I must say I barely made it through listening to that album. s**t made no sense at all to me. I only listened coz Drake is from Toronto but I think it was made for teens or something. I'm way too old for it I think, i'm 30. Unless the s**t was wack regardless? Young cats let me know
 12-24-2009, 12:50 AM         #75
Galaxy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kosterzoo said:
Yip based on the aforementioned facts I would call it a flop. This album was put out to be commericaly viable, in the 4th quarter with 3 artists on it who are supposedly 'hot in the streets' yet it only sells 100k..

I'm done discussing this with you because you are an Idiot. Are you actually educated? Do you know anything about Economics/Sales forecasting? Do you really think the Label will be happy with those numbers with all the supposed interest in these Artists?
Jesus, i can't believe you actually think your right, i'm laughing...just because someone is 'hot in the streets', doesn't mean there going to sell the same on a group album debut that's made up largely of kids and unknowns as on their solo albums. ALOT of fans will be put off by that, since it's literally 50% or more of the album. Selling 100k+ of this is extremely good, whether you see it or not.

Last edited by Galaxy; 12-24-2009 at 12:51 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #76
kosterzoo 
space
space
 dzuki77 said:
Its not my money so I dont give a f**k what they sell but I must say I barely made it through listening to that album. s**t made no sense at all to me. I only listened coz Drake is from Toronto but I think it was made for teens or something. I'm way too old for it I think, i'm 30. Unless the s**t was wack regardless? Young cats let me know
I'm 26, gave it 3 spins and couldn't get into it cause it felt all over the show and seemed to lack purpose..'

But I thought rebirth was solid enough (not "Classic" as people like to say") but solid 3.5 Mics?
 8 years ago '06        #77
kosterzoo 
space
space
 Galaxy said:
Jesus, i can't believe you actually think your right, i'm laughing...just because someone is 'hot in the streets', doesn't mean there going to sell the same on a group album debut that's made up largely of kids and unknowns as on their solo albums. ALOT of fans will be put off by that, since it's literally 50% of the album. Selling 100k+ of this is extremely good, whether you see it or not.
You still haven't address how other albums filled with "unknowns" sold so well then?

Serious question how old are you?
 12-24-2009, 12:57 AM         #78
Galaxy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kosterzoo said:
You still haven't address how other albums filled with "unknowns" sold so well then?

Serious question how old are you?
They are not unknowns, alot of these Young Money guys are literally UNKNOWN to the general public and they take up alot of space on the album not to mention some are kids and MANY are going to be put off by the fact there's kids on the album rapping. Tell me, who else except maybe Eminem or Jay could put some verses on a debut group album atm with unknowns and kids and have it have a great debut at 100k+? It's not a flop, it's the opposite.

Last edited by Galaxy; 12-24-2009 at 01:00 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #79
kosterzoo 
space
space
 Galaxy said:
They are not unknowns, alot of these Young Money guys are literally UNKNOWN to the general public and they take up alot of space on the album not to mention some are kids and MANY are going to be put off by the fact there's kids on the album rapping. Tell me, who else except maybe Eminem or Jay could put some verses on an debut group album atm with unknowns and kids and have it have a great debut at 100k+? It's not a flop.
You're not very good at this debating thing are you?

Ignoring questions, re-iterating null points and straight out fabricating information that isn't even anecdotal.

The big kicker is you couldn't even tell me how Old you are which suggests you're a kid that's probably lucky to be 18years old and probably the weight I warm up with in the gym..

So on that note I'm out, the proof is very much so in the posts... I'm off to enjoy a movie with my Girl... one day when your interactions with the opposite s3x extend beyond jacking off to Nicki Minaj videos maybe you'll have more to do than sit on boxden re-hashin false truths.
 8 years ago '05        #80
hbk83 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,034 | Props total: 1226 1226
 Galaxy said:
They are not unknowns, alot of these Young Money guys are literally UNKNOWN to the general public and they take up alot of space on the album not to mention some are kids and MANY are going to be put off by the fact there's kids on the album rapping. Tell me, who else except maybe Eminem or Jay could put some verses on a debut group album atm with unknowns and kids and have it have a great debut at 100k+? It's not a flop, it's the opposite.
lets address the unknowns...

well known: Wayne, drake, nicki, jae millz, tyga, mack maine
unknown: chuckee, twist, streets, short dawg, shanell

the unknwons are on a total of 5 of 15 tracks with wayne on almost every one. correct me if im wrong. Its the equivalent of cams diplomats, em's d12, 50's g-unit, D-block, Jay's rocafell/state property but with actaul commercial artist who have had some success, drake/tyga/millz diplomats had nobody at the time, dblock had kiss and styles, roc had beanie... most were unknowns at the time of there debuts, including d12 and the re-up

I would not call it a flop in todays day.. in 06 and before yea I would... But I wouldnt have called 50's albums flops either, simple fact is that nobody is buying s**t, I 1 million% sure 3xtimes as many people downloaded this s**t than bought it... cause I can name 10 people that have this album but didnt pay a damn dime. Its the way music is headed, unless your 25- 30 plus and listening to pop rock r&b or something, good chances are your not going out to buy an album.

Last edited by hbk83; 12-24-2009 at 01:19 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
129 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
19 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now