Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
88 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #1
7993 pageviews
155 comments

Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,623 | Props total: 3265 3265
Manny Floyd f!ght Off

Just caught it on Espn

[pic - click to view]

The proposed Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao f!ght is off because Mayweather’s camp refused to relent on drug tests via blood rather than urine sampling, promoter Bob Arum said Tuesday night in an exclusive interview with The Press.

Arum said Pacquiao agreed to blood testing before the pre-f!ght press conference -- typically conducted months before a major f!ght -- and after the proposed March 13 bout, as well as random urine sampling at any time.

But when Mayweather’s camp insisted on random, Olympic-style blood samples, Pacquiao abandoned plans for the richest f!ght in history, Arum said.

“We’re going in a different direction,” Arum said. “What I believe is that Floyd never really wanted the f!ght and this is just harassment of Pacquiao.

“We appeased Mayweather by agreeing to a urine analysis at any time, and blood testing before the press conference and after the f!ght. Mayweather pressed for blood testing even up to the weigh-in. He knew that Manny gets freaked out when his blood gets taken, and feels that it weakens him. This is just harassment and, to me, just signaled that he didn’t want the f!ght.”

Arum worked on the negotiations until two weeks ago.

At that point, the CEO of Top Rank Inc. withdrew, and handed over negotiations to the company president and his stepson, Todd duBoef, after the Mayweather camp refused to consider f!ghting in Dallas.

Two days later, Dec. 12, Mayweather’s adviser, Leonard Ellerbe, disclosed the demand for random, Olympic-style drug testing conducted by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency.

“This doesn’t bother me because Bob Arum was the smart one,” Arum said. “He pulled away from this negotiation how many weeks ago? Three weeks ago? I knew what was up. I’m not a fool. Then when Schaefer said he wasn’t going to Texas, and so forth, I knew the f!ght wasn’t going to happen. But I could be wrong and that’s why Todd made a college try.”

Arum said the Mayweather camp’s insistence on blood testing, rather than urine testing, merely was a way to get out of the f!ght.

“Floyd, to me, is a coward and he’s always been a coward,” Arum said. “Not a physical coward, but a coward because he’s afraid to face somebody who could beat him. And believe me, Manny Pacquiao could beat him. So he’ll go his way, we’ll go our way, and that’ll be fine.

“Manny Pacquiao doesn’t know anything about drugs. This is just typical nastiness by wise guys like (adviser Leonard) Ellerbe and Mayweather. They’re just wise guys. I don’t think Schaefer’s to blame. I think he got sucked in by it.”

Arum said when he learned of the demand for random blood tests, he immediately rejected it.

“Nevada has stringent drug testing, right before the f!ght and after the f!ght,” he said. “This is all a bunch of hooey and nonsense. The kind of testing we agreed to was designed, 100 percent, to detect everything.

“Remember, 40 years of f!ghts in Las Vegas and nothing like this has ever come up. If you want more stringent testing, sure, as long as it doesn’t inconvenience and psychologically affect Pacquiao, sure, who cares? They could analyze urine from today until tomorrow, it wouldn’t affect anything. It’s the blood testing close to the f!ght, while he’s in training, that’s unnecessary. And everybody who knows anything about drug testing will tell you it’s unnecessary.”

Arum said HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg tried to intervene on the testing issue Tuesday, to no avail.

He said he would pursue other possible opponents for Pacquiao, including Yuri Foreman, Paulie Malignaggi, or a third f!ght with Juan Manuel Marquez.

Malignaggi would be an interesting choice, if only because he has made clear his own suspicions about Pacquiao using performance-enhancing drugs.

Arum said he knows sports fans would be disappointed at the potential disintegration of what could have been the richest f!ght in history, and the most anticipated f!ght in decades.

“Sure they’ll be disappointed,” he said. “But they’ve got to understand what’s up. We’re not going to keep appeasing this guy, for no damn reason, especially over something that would affect, psychologically, my f!ghter. We’re not going to be pushed around by this guy. We’re not going to do it.”

Update: Arum: Pacquiao-Mayweather can be saved

Arum suggests alternate drug test plan

An impasse over the drug-testing protocol to be used in the Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather welterweight title bout can be overcome if Mayweather agrees to allow the agencies used by the NBA, NFL and MLB to handle testing for boxing's biggest f!ght, Top Rank's Bob Arum, who promotes Pacquiao, said Wednesday.

Arum Our suggestion is to utilize any of the independent agencies that work with the National Football League, the National Basketball a.ssociation or Major League Baseball, since they administer drug testing for their professional athletes.
” -- Pacquiao promoter Bob Arum

"Our suggestion is to utilize any of the independent agencies that work with the National Football League, the National Basketball a.ssociation or Major League Baseball, since they administer drug testing for their professional athletes," Arum said.

The f!ght, which was tentatively scheduled for March 13 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, was knocked off track Tuesday over a significant disagreement on drug testing.

Mayweather continues to demand Olympic-style testing, which is conducted by the United States Anti Doping Agency. Its protocol calls for random urine and blood testing throughout the training camps, f!ght week -- even the day of the f!ght -- and immediately after the f!ght. According to Leonard Ellerbe, a Mayweather adviser, that means something like 3 to 5 blood tests and 10 to 12 urine tests over an approximately 10-week period.

Mayweather would be subject to the same testing as Pacquiao.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission and other state commissions only conduct post-f!ght urine tests and, in some cases, pre-f!ght urine tests.

Floyd Mayweather Sr., the f!ghter's father, has repeatedly accused Pacquiao of taking illegal substances. Pacquiao, who has risen through seven weight divisions to win titles in a record seven divisions while maintaining his speed and power, denies it. He has also never failed a drug test.

"Manny says, 'I'm not going to let them take my blood whenever they want when I'm getting seriously ready for a f!ght. They can take all the urine they want,' " Arum said. "My f!ghter feels uncomfortable with that and feels that would weaken him. I know if I deal with an organization that deals with pro athletes we can agree to the protocol."

Arum said that USADA's testing procedures would not allow it to a.ssure Pacquiao that he would at least not be blood tested during the week of the f!ght or even on the day of the f!ght.

"He'll give them blood but he wants to know it will stop at a particular point," Arum said. "He wants the f!ght. But he's a proud guy. He won't be pushed around by this guy [Mayweather]."

Ellerbe said that if Pacquiao won't submit to random testing, it must mean he has something to hide.

"The reason why they don't want to do that is because obviously there is something to hide," Ellerbe said. "You're not going to dictate to an organization like USADA, which has tested the elite athletes of the world, on how their testing is conducted. Arum is talking about the f!ghters like they're going to have a blood transfusion. We're talking about a tablespoon of blood. We're taking about a tablespoon. This is the same representation of Manny Pacquiao that says he's superstitious and doesn't like needles and then you look all over his body and he has tattoos. So which one is it? If there's nothing to hide then what is the problem?

"Boxing has an opportunity and a platform with the whole world watching to say we have a clean sport. What better opportunity that with the two top guys in the sport stepping up to make this happen?"

Arum said Pacquiao would submit to three blood tests, even though he would prefer not to have his blood drawn at all.

"Let's be very clear on the real issues we differ on. It's not about being tested," Arum said. "Manny is on board with that since it's such a major concern of Floyd Mayweather Jr. It's about who does the testing and the scheduling of the procedures.

"Manny will submit to as many random urine tests requested," Arum said. "Regarding the blood tests, he will subject himself to three tests -- one given in January during the week the f!ght is formally announced, one 30 days from the f!ght, no later than Feb. 13, and the final one immediately following the f!ght, in Manny's locker room.

"The major issue related to the testing rests with which independent agency will administer these tests," he said. "The United States Anti Doping Agency cannot do it because they will not amend its procedures to accommodate the blood testing schedule we have outlined. USADA, under its guidelines, would have the right to administer random blood tests as many times as they want up to weigh-in day and that is ludicrous.

"If Mayweather Promotions and Golden Boy Promotions are sincere in creating 'a level playing field,' as they stated in their [Monday news] release, our recommendations should put their minds at ease. If not, one has to wonder if their motives are more about leveling the f!ght."

Arum said that if they use the agencies that administer testing to the American professional sports leagues they could write down a specific set of guidelines, while USADA will only conduct testing one way.

"You gotta understand," Arum said. "I'm dealing with a Filipino f!ghter who is superstitious and I have to tell him they (USADA) have the power to come into his dressing room before the f!ght and take his blood. Any time means any time. They would put nothing in writing as to any kind of schedule. That is ludicrous. Let's bring in the testers from the NBA or the NFL or baseball."

Ellerbe said Mayweather is not interested in anything other than the USADA way of doing things because its way is random.

"We're sticking to what we've been saying," Ellerbe said. "Manny Pacquiao or any of his representatives are not going to dictate random testing. That's the whole point of random testing, so you don't get a chance to study for the test. USADA is the premiere agency for doing this, the gold standard. They're not going to have Top Rank, Mayweather Promotions or Golden Boy Promotions dictate to them. It's pretty simple. Manny Pacquiao can put an end to this whole thing by stepping up to the plate and doing this."

[pic - click to view]

Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather can be saved, promoter says - ESPN

Last edited by Ghost Terp; 12-23-2009 at 05:39 PM..

155 comments for "Manny Floyd fight Off"

12-23-2009, 12:51 PM         #2
StateZFinest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '08        #3
CarmeloStarks 93 heat pts93
space
space
$9,187 | Props total: 972 972
Floyd needed this to s**t on Pacman's lil following
 8 years ago '05        #4
rellish 
space
space
$2,080 | Props total: 1157 1157
Tell that b**ch n*gga Manny to step up!!!

He's inly gonna be doin the SAME s**t Floyd is doing???

Why not be fair???

I smell pus*y...
 8 years ago '09        #5
flystylez 1 heat pts
space
space
$361 | Props total: 10 10

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '09        #6
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82
space
space
$10,450 | Props total: 8556 8556
Another case of Mayweather getting scared and b**ching out like the puss he is.

smh.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '07        #7
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18 OP
space
space
$15,623 | Props total: 3265 3265
Bob Arum just fired shots at Mayweather
 8 years ago '06        #8
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,789 | Props total: 2314 2314
WOW this f**king sucks for boxing. Mayweather f**ks it up again with his bulls**t Olympic style testing stipulation. Another excuse to PBF so his undefeated record stays that way.
 12-23-2009, 01:16 PM         #9
rawproduct03 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:
WOW this f**king sucks for boxing. Mayweather f**ks it up again with his bulls**t Olympic style testing stipulation. Another excuse to PBF so his undefeated record stays that way.

^^^
Olympic style testing is the only real way to test,all other (boxing included) is the same style as football and baseball and we all know how many juicers there are in football and baseball....manny stop being a pus*y and agree to the f**king test. manny scared floyd gonna expose his a.ss and give him yet another L on his record. god damn it manny stop being so pus*y...what are you hiding
 8 years ago '08        #10
MAKAVELI2199 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,384 | Props total: 181 181
 BrookLynnStiles said:
Another case of Mayweather getting scared and b**ching out like the puss he is.
i f**ks with R.A. the rugged man lol but how did mayweather b**ch out?? from what the article says, manny is the one who's b**ching out by not agreeing to the strict testing that mayweather is pushing for ...

Last edited by MAKAVELI2199; 12-23-2009 at 01:27 PM..
 8 years ago '09        #11
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
Floyd looking like a real b**ch right now.
 12-23-2009, 01:31 PM         #12
rawproduct03 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NnAiTnAjSa317 said:

^^^if wanting the f!ght to be fair is making you look like a b**ch then lets not forget its manny pus*y a.ss not wanting to go through with it
 12-23-2009, 01:32 PM         #13
Boogie317 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NnAiTnAjSa317 said:
No doubt. S**t is rediculous.

“We’re going in a different direction,” Arum said. “What I believe is that Floyd never really wanted the f!ght and this is just harassment of Pacquiao.

“We appeased Mayweather by agreeing to a urine analysis at any time, and blood testing before the press conference and after the f!ght. Mayweather pressed for blood testing even up to the weigh-in. He knew that Manny gets freaked out when his blood gets taken, and feels that it weakens him. This is just harassment and, to me, just signaled that he didn’t want the f!ght.”

Sounds like Mayweather found the loop hole.

Last edited by Boogie317; 12-23-2009 at 01:35 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #14
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,068 | Props total: 6114 6114
 MAKAVELI2199 said:
i f**ks with R.A. the rugged man lol but how did mayweather b**ch out?? from what the article says, manny is the one who's b**ching out by not agreeing to the strict testing that mayweather is pushing for ...
because its not like they arent testing and its not like Manny wouldnt get tested right after the f!ght so if he took s**t it would still be in his system. Its the fact that he knows Manny hates getting his blood taken because it makes him feel weaker and he is trying to pray on Mannys fear of giving blood by asking for this type of testing.
 8 years ago '07        #15
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
How the f**k did Floyd b**ch out if they're BOTH supposed to get tested the same? Get that "psychological" bulls**t out of here. I knew this f!ght was too good to be true
 8 years ago '08        #16
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,731 | Props total: 11627 11627
 NoLedge18720 said:
because its not like they arent testing and its not like Manny wouldnt get tested right after the f!ght so if he took s**t it would still be in his system. Its the fact that he knows Manny hates getting his blood taken because it makes him feel weaker and he is trying to pray on Mannys fear of giving blood by asking for this type of testing.
Floyd is taking the same tests that Manny is so .....You know Floyd aint thinkin that deep
 8 years ago '07        #17
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
Floyd agreed to the f**king 50/50 split so how is he running them in circles? This is some bulls**t.
 8 years ago '05        #18
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,447 | Props total: 25137 25137
...This Is Hype,Didnt Pac Refuse To Take Some Tests Too? They Wanna See How Bad People Really Want To See This Match and Hype It Up Some More.
 12-23-2009, 01:39 PM         #19
Hurricane24 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
f**kin floyd, what a b**ch, i picked him to win too
 8 years ago '04        #20
money36 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,691 | Props total: 128 128
Did mayweather ask for these type of blood tests in his last couple of f!ghts. If not why the sudden change. Is manny known for boosting or something.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
140 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
131 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
352 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy