I Want To Pitch an Idea to B.E.T.

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
169 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
101 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '09        #1
8666 pageviews
25 comments

Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,299 | Props total: 7942 7942
I Want To Pitch an Idea to B.E.T.

it seems like alot of shows on B.E.T. are low quality so it shouldnt be that hard for me to get a show on their network.....

now who would i contact and do i jus tell them my idea or am i suppose to write it down and fax it to someone and how much do you think i would get paid for being a creator of a television show??

i think the show would be successful but i dont want to give the wrong people my idea and end up getting my s**t stolen and making some yuppy rich

any suggestions.....keep the white jokes to a minimal please im very serious about this

25 comments for "I Want To Pitch an Idea to B.E.T."

8 years ago '07        #2
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
im pretty sure the average boxden member wouldnt know how to get in contact with a tv station
 8 years ago '09        #3
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55 OP
space
space
theres people on boxden that work for networks and movie companies

you'd be surprised
 8 years ago '07        #4
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
yeah true
 8 years ago '05        #5
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
A reality show? you can get one on BET easy if you got enough "hood drama"
 8 years ago '05        #6
Andym1731 
space
space
$1,021 | Props total: 0 0
I've got a great idea for BET or even MTV. A show where you play music videos. I feel like that would fit on a channel that was originally dedicated to music.
 8 years ago '04        #7
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,044 | Props total: 4838 4838
while your at it, tell them to bring back Uncut!

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #8
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
The Uncle Ruckus Reality Show Season 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 8 years ago '04        #9
hardcopyhc 
space
space
$1,291 | Props total: 155 155
First and foremost don't send them anything without a disclaimer because they will use your idea and not give you credit. Also have a confidentiality agreement signed before disclosing any ideas.
 8 years ago '04        #10
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,066 | Props total: 4417 4417
 Andym1731 said:
I've got a great idea for BET or even MTV. A show where you play music videos. I feel like that would fit on a channel that was originally dedicated to music.
a show that just plays videos isnt very entertaining when any music video you could ever want to see is on the internet

why would they fix something thats working reality tv works for them

and they still have channels that only play videos like vh1 soul and mtv jams
 8 years ago '05        #11
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,197 | Props total: 15713 15713
 KREW said:
while your at it, tell them to bring back Uncut!

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #12
Khazano 
space
space
$2,396 | Props total: 109 109
 Jacc Blacc said:
it seems like alot of shows on B.E.T. are low quality so it shouldnt be that hard for me to get a show on their network.....

now who would i contact and do i jus tell them my idea or am i suppose to write it down and fax it to someone and how much do you think i would get paid for being a creator of a television show??

i think the show would be successful but i dont want to give the wrong people my idea and end up getting my s**t stolen and making some yuppy rich

any suggestions.....keep the white jokes to a minimal please im very serious about this

As someone working in the flim industry i gotta tell ya i admire you ambition. But my dude. You got dillusions.

First, the odds of a producer PMing you about your pitch on Boxden is next to impossible. Wont happen. But, lets live in fantasy land and say you do get a meeting at BET for some post you made here.

Then the next thing you gotta realize, everyone and there mama has a good idea for a show and producers hear them all the time. So you meet some TV Producer, he takes your meeting, then what? You tell him your idea? What if he asks questions. Wants to know more? It takes more than a simple pitch once you're in the door. You need to know every intimate detail about the show you want to create, and make whats called a show bible.

What's in that bible will be a overall synopsis of the show, summaries of every episode in the first season, character bios, locations, and ideally the pilot script clocking in at either 22 or 44 pages.

That is the first step and essentially the heart of the show. Until you have that done, everything else aside from figuring that out, is a waste of time.

Last edited by Khazano; 12-23-2009 at 08:39 PM..
Gerald21pa gave props

8 years ago '06        #13
StillFree28 27 heat pts27
space
space
$20,492 | Props total: 4804 4804
If there isn't enough coonery in it...they wont take it.
 8 years ago '06        #14
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
BET is hot garbage and I only turn it on if I need a laugh
 12-23-2009, 09:37 PM         #15
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They should do a show about getting real racists and giving them a change of "Heart."

U know, like getting a white supremacist to work as a janitor at the museum of tolerance.

Or going inside jails to k!ll the racism. That show would not only be good but should get a nobel peace prize too.
 8 years ago '06        #16
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 YOUNGZERO said:
They should do a show about getting real racists and giving them a change of "Heart."

U know, like getting a white supremacist to work as a janitor at the museum of tolerance.

Or going inside jails to k!ll the racism. That show would not only be good but should get a nobel peace prize too.
are you f**kin kiddin me bro? god damn

"hey you wanna go on BET and work as a janitor at the musuem?"

or "hey I know you're doing 20 years in jail but how bout a change of heart?????????"

12-23-2009, 10:30 PM         #17
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well I live in the city of the actual B.E.T. offices sooooo
 8 years ago '09        #18
space
space
 Khazano said:
As someone working in the flim industry i gotta tell ya i admire you ambition. But my dude. You got dillusions.

First, the odds of a producer PMing you about your pitch on Boxden is next to impossible. Wont happen. But, lets live in fantasy land and say you do get a meeting at BET for some post you made here.

Then the next thing you gotta realize, everyone and there mama has a good idea for a show and producers hear them all the time. So you meet some TV Producer, he takes your meeting, then what? You tell him your idea? What if he asks questions. Wants to know more? It takes more than a simple pitch once you're in the door. You need to know every intimate detail about the show you want to create, and make whats called a show bible.

What's in that bible will be a overall synopsis of the show, summaries of every episode in the first season, character bios, locations, and ideally the pilot script clocking in at either 22 or 44 pages.

That is the first step and essentially the heart of the show. Until you have that done, everything else aside from figuring that out, is a waste of time.

good stuff man, but this is gonna be more so a reality show.....do i still need a script?? but i see what your saying about the synopsis, location, characters......im not funding this right?? they are, am i correct
 8 years ago '09        #19
space
space
 hardcopyhc said:
First and foremost don't send them anything without a disclaimer because they will use your idea and not give you credit. Also have a confidentiality agreement signed before disclosing any ideas.
so send them an agreement and a disclaimer for them to sign??

do they sign this before i pitch it to them and should a lawyer write this up or can i find a simple prototype online
 12-25-2009, 03:42 PM         #20
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol

Nobody says they have to sign it to look at your script. Just tell them you have a great show concept and you should have a 2/3 sentences to give an overall synopsis. If they're interested, then they sign disclaimers and peek at it, juggle the idea and see if they want it still. And a disclaimer hasn't stopped Hollywood from stealing ideas before, just so you know.

Homie you need to flesh out the idea completely and then let the execs butcher it for "ratings".
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
9 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy