Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
55 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
151 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
196 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

is avatar the movie of the year?
OF COURSE IT IS 45 91.84%
I LIKE MEN 4 8.16%
Voters: 49. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12-22-2009, 08:42 PM         #41
IronMaiden  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
movie of the year my f**king a.ss

moon s**ts on this writing and acting wise.. CG doesnt make a movie MOTY and this is all that it has going for it
 8 years ago '04        #42
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,265 | Props total: 2837 2837
 IronMaiden said:
CG doesnt make a movie MOTY and this is all that it has going for it
Wrong... You need some Jake Sully in your life.. no homo
 8 years ago '07        #43
Daville502 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,776 | Props total: 1305 1305
Ok now that I have seen this I will say this the special effects were really good in this movie. Its amazing what we can do with technology today. But I wouldnt go movie of the year for this.

I dont have a problem with a movie being long but for a good portion this movie was slow and uninteresting for me. I didnt really care are about Jake learning to become a Na'vi and that almost what the whole movie is about. The last 30 mins however was really good with the battle between the earth forces and all the Na'vi tribes.

I thought the cast and acting was on point to me. Sam Worthington is on the come up. Sigorney Weaver did her thing (nice to see her hooked up with Cameron on a movie again). Michelle Rodriguez was Michelle Rodriguez (does Michelle Rodriguez ever not play a badass tough chick in a film? Not that im complaining but it seems like she always plays the same character but in a different situation).

Did anyone notice all the Na'vi cast were either black or native american?

Overall a good movie and definite top 10 of 2009.
 8 years ago '06        #44
jgamel81 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,848 | Props total: 0 0
it was pretty good. i wouldn't say movie of the year. i thouhgt it was about 35 min too long. but i'd say 4.25 outta 5
 8 years ago '06        #45
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
Solid movie

lenghty but not boring at all

and yea i was gonna say the samething about the navi being african american

kind of reminds me of how america kicked them out etcc
Posted via Mobile Device
 12-23-2009, 06:54 AM         #46
$h0wtym3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Triple0 said:
i've thought this looked dumb ever since i seen the preview. the ONLY reason people are drooling over it is because of the visuals. take that away and i bet half of you would hate this movie. i've read on other forums about how the story is s**t, the acting is s**t but it looks good. polished up turd? i think so.
lol @ you rating the movie and you haven't watched it yet... silly goose
 12-23-2009, 06:55 AM         #47
$h0wtym3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 IronMaiden said:
movie of the year my f**king a.ss

moon s**ts on this writing and acting wise.. CG doesnt make a movie MOTY and this is all that it has going for it
I didn't notice any bad actors? Not even close

And the story was great IMHO
 12-23-2009, 07:30 AM         #48
Meatballer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Daville502 said:
Ok now that I have seen this I will say this the special effects were really good in this movie. Its amazing what we can do with technology today. But I wouldnt go movie of the year for this.

I dont have a problem with a movie being long but for a good portion this movie was slow and uninteresting for me. I didnt really care are about Jake learning to become a Na'vi and that almost what the whole movie is about. The last 30 mins however was really good with the battle between the earth forces and all the Na'vi tribes.

I thought the cast and acting was on point to me. Sam Worthington is on the come up. Sigorney Weaver did her thing (nice to see her hooked up with Cameron on a movie again). Michelle Rodriguez was Michelle Rodriguez (does Michelle Rodriguez ever not play a badass tough chick in a film? Not that im complaining but it seems like she always plays the same character but in a different situation).

Did anyone notice all the Na'vi cast were either black or native american?

Overall a good movie and definite top 10 of 2009.
See this is where I don't get you because that aspect of the film is where Jake goes through his biggest transformation. Character development and universal qualities of the human spirit are explored in those segments. The psychology of initiation, the tribe, etc. All these things were highlighted in to reflect an even larger metaphor. Those are the most important moments of the film.

Last edited by Meatballer; 12-23-2009 at 07:32 AM..
 12-23-2009, 12:12 PM         #49
JaeRell  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Meatballer said:
See this is where I don't get you because that aspect of the film is where Jake goes through his biggest transformation. Character development and universal qualities of the human spirit are explored in those segments. The psychology of initiation, the tribe, etc. All these things were highlighted in to reflect an even larger metaphor. Those are the most important moments of the film.

IMO, that is where this movie failed. Jake's character development was severely lacking. Even though the story isn't original, it wasn't pulled off right in that department. They really don't make you develop major empathy towards his character. And he is the main character of the movie.

Take The Last Samurai for example. Similar stories. Tom Cruise's character was way more developed than Jake's character. Also the dialogue and scenes in The Last Samurai build up the relationship with Natives better than Avatar. In Avatar you kinda just have scenes where the tribe is teaching Jake how-to and just explaining stuff to him. In The Last Samurai you get that and a way stronger sense that Cruise's character in becoming one of the Natives.
 8 years ago '08        #50
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,103 | Props total: 23316 23316
 JaeRell said:
IMO, that is where this movie failed. Jake's character development was severely lacking. Even though the story isn't original, it wasn't pulled off right in that department. They really don't make you develop major empathy towards his character. And he is the main character of the movie.

Take The Last Samurai for example. Similar stories. Tom Cruise's character was way more developed than Jake's character. Also the dialogue and scenes in The Last Samurai build up the relationship with Natives better than Avatar. In Avatar you kinda just have scenes where the tribe is teaching Jake how-to and just explaining stuff to him. In The Last Samurai you get that and a way stronger sense that Cruise's character in becoming one of the Natives.
i got the feel for Jake becoming one of the natives in 4 scenes.

1.The banshee flight after he made the bond

2.seeing that he actually learned that prayer Neytiri taught him when he k!lled the deer creature.(at first he didn't give a s**t, i.e. Neytiri teaching him to say Navi, but you can tell the more he trains the more he likes it, The "I was made for this line" is when he had completed the transformation)

3.when he said the line about being in the real world when he was in his avatar and the dream being his life when he wakes up.

4.the scene when Quaritch tells him he has a shuttle for him and that he can go back to Earth and get his legs. He didn't even care to go back at that point.

Last edited by Arson; 12-23-2009 at 05:40 PM..
 12-23-2009, 06:37 PM         #51
JaeRell  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arson said:
i got the feel for Jake becoming one of the natives in 4 scenes.

1.The banshee flight after he made the bond

2.seeing that he actually learned that prayer Neytiri taught him when he k!lled the deer creature.(at first he didn't give a s**t, i.e. Neytiri teaching him to say Navi, but you can tell the more he trains the more he likes it, The "I was made for this line" is when he had completed the transformation)

3.when he said the line about being in the real world when he was in his avatar and the dream being his life when he wakes up.

4.the scene when Quaritch tells him he has a shuttle for him and that he can go back to Earth and get his legs. He didn't even care to go back at that point.

True. All those things happened, but there wasn't really an emotional build up in regards to Jake's character doing those actions you stated. They just happened. It was like "Oh, he did this and that...his feelings towards them are different now...he's changed." I didn't really see and feel the transformation from him as much as I wanted. I dunno, that's just one thing about the movie that irked me.
 8 years ago '07        #52
Daville502 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,776 | Props total: 1305 1305
 Meatballer said:
They may be the most important but they were also the most boring. I just frankly wasnt interested in it. Maybe if they were "real" people I would have felt differently but the fact they were aliens caused a detach of sorts for me. I'll watch it a second time at some point and maybe I'll feel differently but for now that was my initial reaction.

Last edited by Daville502; 12-23-2009 at 07:18 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #53
Khazano 
space
space
$2,396 | Props total: 109 109
The story Ive seen a million times before. Numerous characters were flat and one note. The plot had many holes. The script in general was a giant cliche... Pocahontas on acid if you will...

That said, visually, I have never seen anything like that in my entire life. Avatar 3d is more than a movie. It's an experience every cinema lover should have.
 8 years ago '07        #54
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14586 14586
 JaeRell said:

Well yea The Last Samurai was more drawn out. Avatar didn't fail because of that, TLS was just more vivid.
 8 years ago '05        #55
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
 JaeRell said:
True. All those things happened, but there wasn't really an emotional build up in regards to Jake's character doing those actions you stated. They just happened. It was like "Oh, he did this and that...his feelings towards them are different now...he's changed." I didn't really see and feel the transformation from him as much as I wanted. I dunno, that's just one thing about the movie that irked me.
I don't know... I feel like I got that emotional connection because they built up this culture so thoroughly, that once you see the character actually understand the culture as opposed to going through the motions, I felt that. Then again, concepts that are familiar like this are usually things that appeal to me and my personality. So, I factor that into my loving the film while I willingly acknowledge the flaws.
 8 years ago '05        #56
space
space
 thehogue... said:
Well yea The Last Samurai was more drawn out. Avatar didn't fail because of that, TLS was just more vivid.
I think that it didn't fail because the world of "Pandora" itself is so vivid, that the movie seems to rely alot on visual storytelling to draw us into that world.

The Last Samurai is a different type of movie though... and a really good one too.
 12-23-2009, 09:31 PM         #57
JaeRell  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
I don't know... I feel like I got that emotional connection because they built up this culture so thoroughly, that once you see the character actually understand the culture as opposed to going through the motions, I felt that. Then again, concepts that are familiar like this are usually things that appeal to me and my personality. So, I factor that into my loving the film while I willingly acknowledge the flaws.

That what it felt like to me. He was just going through the motions. You see his transformation, but it isn't in depth as much as I would have liked. Like... you see his transformation visually and by his voice, but you don't really experience it that much like in TLS w/ Tom Cruise. thehogue said TLS was more drawn out...and it was. I wanted Avatar to be more drawn out. I wanted more scenes and dialogue of Jake interacting the Navi. But it's only so much you can fit into a movie. It was already like 3 hours long. TLS also didn't have a Pandora they wanted to show off.
 8 years ago '05        #58
space
space
 JaeRell said:
That what it felt like to me. He was just going through the motions. You see his transformation, but it isn't in depth as much as I would have liked. Like... you see his transformation visually and by his voice, but you don't really experience it that much like in TLS w/ Tom Cruise. thehogue said TLS was more drawn out...and it was. I wanted Avatar to be more drawn out. I wanted more scenes and dialogue of Jake interacting the Navi. But it's only so much you can fit into a movie. It was already like 3 hours long. TLS also didn't have a Pandora they wanted to show off.
Yeah, I thought about that... They had to introduce this comletely new world to us, so I can see how that story sort of had to take a back seat. but, I really don't think it was as shallow as most make it sound. but, hey. that's just my opinion I guess. I don't know.

Speaking of, can we comment on the special effect of how they managed to make Jake Sully's legs look skinny?
 8 years ago '08        #59
senseispab 
space
space
$941 | Props total: 0 0
Simplistic story, and shakey dialogue

But as a spectacle it was completely amazing and a pleasure to sit through.

Light years ahead of 2012 and Transformers, but still way off Aliens and The Terminator.
 8 years ago '09        #60
29 26 6 heat pts
space
space
$11,169 | Props total: 2558 2558
 senseispab said:
Simplistic story, and shakey dialogue

But as a spectacle it was completely amazing and a pleasure to sit through.

Light years ahead of 2012 and Transformers, but still way off Aliens and The Terminator.
I know right... Transformers 2 is unwatchable when it comes to the action scenes, watched it in theaters twice and the movements of the bots were so fast it looked cluttered and I couldn't tell which part was who's. This is another reason why I appreciated this film so much, Avatar's action mixed with it's top of the line visuals are truly unmatchable.:agreement6::agreement6:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
75 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
175 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
123 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
58 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy