When Popeyes runs out of chicken
31 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
109 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Minnesota with lime green uniforms tonight -- yay or nay?
16 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which do u prefer?
Kurt Cobain 27 60.00%
Layne Staley 18 40.00%
Voters: 45. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12-23-2009, 01:12 PM         #61
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and whomever the f**k said kurt is a legend over carlos santana and others need to be shot.
kurt was talentless and he couldn't play s**t to save his life, Dave Grohl has the most talent out of that horrible band.
Who ever even mentioned Carlos Santana in this thread? lol @ Kurt being talentless... Mr repeat everything you read about Nirvana...

who the f**k is even comparing jimi hendrix and kurt dude, why are you bringing up these dudes that are completely irrelevant in this topic...???
 12-23-2009, 02:08 PM         #62
Jerseyelite89  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tupacnasfan said:
But Nirvana brought nothing to music and kurt was terrible and to call him a legend is a big insult, the late jimi hendrix is better, cause he does it with class, kurt nobrain does not.
i think helping 2 create and define a genre and and an era both go towards bringing somehting to music...i mean im not the biggest KISS fan but i still give them there props for helping elevate the music industry and there peers at the time they wer big...and u cant blame kurt for his music influencing other bands who are sub par, i mean all music is open 2 interpretation...i remember lupe fiasco talking about how he wanted the cool to be his it was written, and the cool sounds nothing like it was written, but thats how he took the music how it moved him into creating what he liked...inspiration
 8 years ago '05        #63
HeGotBeatz 6 heat pts
space
space
$2,342 | Props total: 557 557
all this time i thought kurt cobain was sum sort of drug dealer.
 12-23-2009, 02:21 PM         #64
Jerseyelite89  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tupacnasfan said:
But actually kurt did start rock's downfall in the 90's and continues on ever since and because of that I Will never forgive him.
in that case u can make an argument that the beatles also started the downfall, cuz they were the first mega pop stars
 8 years ago '06        #65
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
 tupacnasfan said:
But Nirvana brought nothing to music and kurt was terrible and to call him a legend is a big insult, the late jimi hendrix is better, cause he does it with class, kurt nobrain does not.

They brought nothing to music? Wow. Are you serious about everything you're saying or are you just making s**t up just to hate on them because you don't like their music?

Jimi Hendrix and Cobain shouldn't even be compared, because that's like comparing apples to bananas. Same with Carlos Santana. Hendrix is light years ahead of Cobain, I can admit that, but he's not even apart of the same category.

Cobain is a legend, plain and simple. You can hate their music, you can hate Cobain as much as you want, but you can't deny that he is in fact a legend, and a pioneer of alternative rock in the 90's. If you don't agree, then I guess you need to read up on alternative rock in the 90's and see what Nirvana/Cobain has done.

I don't like The Beatles, they're not in my taste of music, but I give them their props and they are legends for what they did for music.
 8 years ago '05        #66
CurlyG 
space
space
space
$549 | Props total: 0 0
I like both, but would definitely have to choose Nirvana over AIC overall...

The new AIC album "Black Gives Way To Blue" is actually good too imo...especially "Your Decision"
 12-23-2009, 09:25 PM         #67
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't like The Beatles, they're not in my taste of music, but I give them their props and they are legends for what they did for music.
Same here... I do like a few songs on the Abbey Road album though... it's the only album of theirs that I've heard... I REALLY like John Lennon's solo music though...
 8 years ago '06        #68
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
 AlexG1989 said:
Same here... I do like a few songs on the Abbey Road album though... it's the only album of theirs that I've heard... I REALLY like John Lennon's solo music though...
Lennon solo stuff is great music. I just never liked McCartney.
 8 years ago '04        #69
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,926 | Props total: 4287 4287
I honestly dont see how anybody could like either lennon or mccartney more than the other.
 8 years ago '09        #70
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
george harrison had the best solo stuff of all the beatles
 12-23-2009, 09:58 PM         #71
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Someone needs to put me onto some of Paul McArtney's stuff... haven't really heard him much aside from his collabos with Michael Jackson.... Girl Is Mine and Say Say Say are both dope...
 8 years ago '08        #72
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,061 | Props total: 4846 4846
 C.R.I.P. said:
I honestly dont see how anybody could like either lennon or mccartney more than the other.

I always thought the two were equals...
 12-24-2009, 10:14 AM         #73
Jerseyelite89  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
Someone needs to put me onto some of Paul McArtney's stuff... haven't really heard him much aside from his collabos with Michael Jackson.... Girl Is Mine and Say Say Say are both dope...
Wings is ok, personally i rather listen to Plastic Ono Band with Ringo on drums...that was my s**t
 12-24-2009, 10:20 AM         #74
Jerseyelite89  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tupacnasfan said:
We have our opinions, But I Still think nobrain sucks a.ss.
why do you hate them so much?
 12-24-2009, 10:46 AM         #75
AKS MUZIK  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I know Cobain but who is that other guy.....don't really listen to this ish
 8 years ago '04        #76
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,926 | Props total: 4287 4287
 Ricky Towel said:
george harrison had the best solo stuff of all the beatles
he def had the best solo album out of the 3.

All Things Must Pass >>>>>
 12-24-2009, 11:07 AM         #77
Robby Digital  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How the f**k is Cobain responsible for Nu Metal? .. Hip hop had more influence on that aweful genre than Grunge ..

Anyway...between these two, I'd have to go with Kurt...

But Chris Cornell is the GREATEST MALE VOCALIST in the history of time... :agreement6: Dude has a voice that can make paint peel off a wall...Only Robert Plant can be considered to even be in the same ballpark as Cornell, nobody else :disdain2:
Renny9387 gave props

12-24-2009, 12:12 PM         #78
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
Kurt Cobain (Nirvana)

[pic - click to view]

Layne Staley (Alice N Chains)

[pic - click to view]

Which do you prefer?

Personally, r*pe Me, Teen Spirit, Polly, Dumb, Something In The Way, All Apologies, Heart Shaped Box and so many other songs by Kurt just can't be beat...

Layne is def the better singer though... I love the way he sings both Rooster and Man In The Box...
Cobain by far, Alice is overrated to me. I'm no grunge fan but Nirvana is classic stuff.
 12-24-2009, 12:17 PM         #79
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C.R.I.P. said:
Same here, George Harrison is the underrated Beatle.
 8 years ago '07        #80
TheIncomparable 
space
space
$2,595 | Props total: 0 0
Kurt Cobain
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
69 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
33 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy