most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
83 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which do u prefer?
Kurt Cobain 27 60.00%
Layne Staley 18 40.00%
Voters: 45. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12-19-2009, 08:14 PM         #21
bigbarcelona  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '07        #22
Cash-Da-Magic 
space
space
$386 | Props total: 101 101
Cobain easily. Cobain was the Rock's biggest star of the 90's and thats not a statement i'm afraid to make.

Nevermind and In Utero are music gold.

Respect the legends.
 12-19-2009, 08:26 PM         #23
bigbarcelona  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cash-Da-Magic said:
Cobain easily. Cobain was the Rock's biggest star of the 90's and thats not a statement i'm afraid to make.

Nevermind and In Utero are music gold.

Respect the legends.
More like no one is disrespecting his status to begin with.

Everyone in here respects what he did for grunge and for alternative music... but at the same time it is a well known fact that his death along with this successful commercial material made him a star and the legend that he is.

All of this bands were superior to Nirvana and others were in different areas to Cobain... but as I stated his music appeal to a more broader audience.

That's it.

Is like Beanie Sigel... great artist... but not commercially better than Weezy because of his approach to the general population. Get it?
 8 years ago '04        #24
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,932 | Props total: 4295 4295
IDK i dont think any of the drummers were as good as Grohl was for Nirvana. and Noveselic's bass lines were nice, fat and in your face.
 8 years ago '04        #26
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Another thing.

alot of people say Kurt's voice wasnt that good. Maybe he wasnt gonna hit every note right but he like Layne Staley had certain aspects of their voice that makes it almost impossible to replicate.
 12-19-2009, 09:07 PM         #27
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ Yeah, the lead in Seether sounds a little like Kurt though... I believe they've even done a few live covers...

I don't see anything wrong with Kurt's voice... I love the way he sings his songs... it's different and better than most...

Layne Staley is a better singer though from a technical standpoint... I love the way he made his voice "soar" during the hooks in Man In The Box...
 8 years ago '09        #28
BMAN626 37 heat pts37
space
space
$7,461 | Props total: 909 909
Kurt cocain....easyly
 12-19-2009, 09:42 PM         #29
bigbarcelona  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
^^^ Yeah, the lead in Seether sounds a little like Kurt though... I believe they've even done a few live covers...

I don't see anything wrong with Kurt's voice... I love the way he sings his songs... it's different and better than most...

Layne Staley is a better singer though from a technical standpoint... I love the way he made his voice "soar" during the hooks in Man In The Box...
Chris Cornell is another singer from the 90s that had a great voice too.

i've seeing him live with Audioslave and his voice still flawless.

Also... I like Scott Weiland as a frontman too. Energetic, eccentric, controversial and a frontman bad a.ss.
Renny9387 gave props

8 years ago '04        #30
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
i use to like weiland but his stint with Velvet Revolver kinda made my opinion on him change a bit
 12-19-2009, 10:36 PM         #31
bigbarcelona  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C.R.I.P. said:
i use to like weiland but his stint with Velvet Revolver kinda made my opinion on him change a bit

True... but it wasn't as bad as Chris Cornell with Audioslave.

And to think that in paper it sounded like a great idea... but when it became a reality it was terrible.

At least Scott is back with STP and I think someone needs to sit down with Chris and tell his a.ss to get back with Soundgarden.

His best years and talent were with Soundgarden and he has not match that same success with anything else.
 8 years ago '09        #32
masterSYKO 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,034 | Props total: 0 0
They're both great. I personally prefer Cobain though.
 8 years ago '04        #33
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 bigbarcelona said:
True... but it wasn't as bad as Chris Cornell with Audioslave.

And to think that in paper it sounded like a great idea... but when it became a reality it was terrible.

At least Scott is back with STP and I think someone needs to sit down with Chris and tell his a.ss to get back with Soundgarden.

His best years and talent were with Soundgarden and he has not match that same success with anything else.
I liked the 1st Audioslave album. Thats about it though.
 8 years ago '07        #34
Jason Jones 13 heat pts13
space
space
$269 | Props total: 113 113
Kurt is better to me....

JJ
 12-20-2009, 12:59 AM         #35
rd Meth  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
kurt cobain goat musician
 8 years ago '07        #36
hellspawn 
space
space
$1,042 | Props total: 69 69
ok im a guy whose favorite band used to be nirvana until i was told by a friend to listen to both and compare. now mind you before this I really didnt pay much attention to AIC aside from Man in the box ( which is obviously their most known song ) but once I listened I knew. Cantrell's lyrics were always written about layne and what he viewed as a cry for help the music was hard driving to echo this and the lyrics always got u in the core of your soul. He wanted to help but didnt know how.

Now with Nirvana the way I personally view them is that they were more into story telling ( polly Heart shape box ) and sarcasm which let them be viewed as genius. To top that off would u want Layne or Kurt on the cover of rolling stone?

I love both bands but lately i've been looking through lyrical content double entendre's and emotional content and have found AIC's music to be more moving and better constructed. I think though had kurt along with pac and big music as we have it now would not be what it is. So Nirvana is the better band based on cultural impact ( ppl commited suicide the day kurt died ) but AIC is the better band in terms of musicianship,imagery and emotion.

my 2 cents
 12-20-2009, 05:05 AM         #37
bigbarcelona  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hellspawn said:
ok im a guy whose favorite band used to be nirvana until i was told by a friend to listen to both and compare. now mind you before this I really didnt pay much attention to AIC aside from Man in the box ( which is obviously their most known song ) but once I listened I knew. Cantrell's lyrics were always written about layne and what he viewed as a cry for help the music was hard driving to echo this and the lyrics always got u in the core of your soul. He wanted to help but didnt know how.

Now with Nirvana the way I personally view them is that they were more into story telling ( polly Heart shape box ) and sarcasm which let them be viewed as genius. To top that off would u want Layne or Kurt on the cover of rolling stone?

I love both bands but lately i've been looking through lyrical content double entendre's and emotional content and have found AIC's music to be more moving and better constructed. I think though had kurt along with pac and big music as we have it now would not be what it is. So Nirvana is the better band based on cultural impact ( ppl commited suicide the day kurt died ) but AIC is the better band in terms of musicianship,imagery and emotion.

my 2 cents
Not only that... but a band like Alice in Chains (primarily) or Soundgarden didn't get the respect that Nirvana did on the basis of content.

Alice line of work was pretty dark and went deep into the depress mind of Layne and went very dark as far as talking about his drug problems. You listen to a lot of this tracks and it sometimes can be overwhelming with the amount of depression that was display and how obscure it could get. By the time the album ends... you are feeling depress your own damn self! That's the reason most people stay away from this band or others... because they couldn't relate or did not wanted to hear such material that was too dark or better yet eclipse with depression.

It was a tragedy as to what happen to Layne but his talent will always live on with his work. Even though he might not get as much praised as Kurt... in the rock world he will always be remember and respected for being one of the greatest frontman of this era. I know when he passed away I was completely appalled and devastated... because like others like myself... his music had a huge impact at a very early age in my life and definitely in others too. A lot of us always wanted an AIC reunion, but most importantly... for Layne to pull through his depression and drug addiction (after his girlfriend passed away). Unfortunately that was never the case. You can replace the frontman with someone else... but it will never be the same. His work will never be forgotten and he will always be remember.

At least I can say in my part... he is one of the few famous people that I wish he never die young. RIP LAYNE!!!

Last edited by bigbarcelona; 12-20-2009 at 07:57 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #38
6thward 
space
space
$641 | Props total: 2 2
Layne easily he was if nothing else the voice even when he was backing up Cantrell s**t still shined through. Good Post btw
 8 years ago '04        #39
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 23 23
I'm a big AIC fan

Layne
 8 years ago '08        #40
Tjvh616 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,409 | Props total: 1549 1549
Layne>>>>>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3px0m1Y9Tuc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3px0m1Y9Tuc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
79 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
72 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
67 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
191 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
118 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy