Phat ass white girl for real
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
37 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '09        #1
7322 pageviews
56 comments

Ms Ambitious 249 heat pts249
space
space
$8,395 | Props total: 7107 7107
Saved by the Bell Might Finally Get the Big Screen Treatment

December 18, 2009
Source: Pajiba
by Ethan Anderton
Saved by the Bell

It's quite surprising that after turning older television shows like Charlie's Angels, Get Smart, The Addams Family into feature films, many of the sitcoms and series from the 90's have remained largely untouched by the property grabbing hands of Hollywood. That has the potential to change soon as Pajiba reports that a Saved by the Bell movie is in the works. And while there's certainly some interest in revisiting Bayside High School (especially from Jimmy Fallon), the film itself would more than likely have an all-new cast with the possibility of cameos from the original cast members. But does anyone want to see this show as a movie?

However, I'm not sure if an "all-new cast" means that it will simply have new actors playing Bayside High School's finest. If you're too young to remember the 90's series or just never cared enough to watch, the show aired between 1989 and 1993 and the series itself is a retooled version of another 1988 series Good Morning, Miss Bliss. Series followed the exploits of high school students like the scheming charmer Zack Morris (Mark-Paul Gosselaar), cheerleading hottie Kelly Kapowski (Tiffani-Amber Thiessen), the gossip queen Lisa Marie Turtle (Lark Voorhies), the school nerd Samuel "Screech" Powers (Dustin Diamond), resident know-it-all Jessie Spano (Elizabeth Berkley) and the jock "A.C' Slater (Mario Lopez) as well as a friendly yet authoritative Richard Belding (Dennis Haskins) as the school's principal.

While touching anything I hold dear to my heart from the 90's is usually immediate cause for backlash, I can see a somewhat successful and retro-style teenage film coming out of this, especially if it's loyal to the super cheesy style and tone of the series. More specifically, the cunning use of breaking the fourth wall would be a welcome callback to a high school flick, the likes of which haven't been successfully used for comedy and character development since John Hughes' 1986 classic Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

But on the other end of the spectrum, very few big screen bows of television series have actually been up to par. Recent cinematic incarnations of The Dukes of Hazard, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and Bewitched have been agonizingly painful to watch. If Saved by the Bell is going to make it, then it needs to take cues from more successful jumps to the big screen like The Addams Family and stay away from a parody-like portrayal like The Brady Bunch Movie. This is only a rumor for now, but there is some potential, so we'll keep you updated. Do you want Saved by the Bell to head to theaters or should school be out forever?

[pic - click to view]

Saved by the Bell Might Finally Get the Big Screen Treatment « FirstShowing.net

56 comments for "Saved by the Bell Might Finally Get the Big Screen Treatment"

12-18-2009, 09:55 PM         #2
GR2004 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hell No!

how the f**k they goin to replace Tiffani-Amber Thiessen?...

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #3
Lavares 19 heat pts19
space
space
$10,387 | Props total: 28 28
 GR2004 said:
Hell No!

[pic - click to view]

dame look lke a young punk rock band member......

bring her back with some t*tties.....
and jessie from showgirls......u know them t*tties B.I.G like It was All A Dream......:dancingcool:
 12-18-2009, 10:15 PM         #4
bigpdiddy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hayden Panettiere

[pic - click to view]

12-18-2009, 10:18 PM         #5
bigpdiddy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GR2004 said:
Hell No!

[pic - click to view]

thats how!

Last edited by bigpdiddy; 12-18-2009 at 10:20 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #6
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 bigpdiddy said:
thats how!
that comeback was better than the Colts vs the Pats earlier this year
 8 years ago '05        #7
mikesaimname 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,645 | Props total: 201 201
kelly kapowski = jessica alba
 12-19-2009, 12:24 AM         #8
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the best show ever why not
but how the hell would they do this....
 12-19-2009, 12:56 AM         #9
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
classic show. would LOVE a movie
 12-19-2009, 01:07 AM         #10
GR2004 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hayden Panettiere & Jessica Alba are fine...

but they ain't no Tiffani-Amber Thiessen.
 8 years ago '08        #11
knAwle3ge 73 heat pts73
space
space
$6,245 | Props total: 385 385
 GR2004 said:
Hayden Panettiere & Jessica Alba are fine...

but they ain't no Tiffani-Amber Thiessen.
 8 years ago '09        #12
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,832 | Props total: 1144 1144
 Luca Brasi said:
all i know is that slater better have the jerry curl mullet thing

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '08        #13
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,731 | Props total: 11628 11628
No Tiffani Amber Theisman = No Movie

If she aint in it i aint waistin my money
 12-19-2009, 01:51 AM         #14
Es0_puka 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
eheh llow it
 8 years ago '06        #15
991 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,688 | Props total: 741 741
Id rather just see a movie with the original cast members grown up and somehow come together again then get involved in some crazy adventure. If they make a saved by the bell movie with new people, it'll be just a highschool movie with the saved by the bell name. It'll be likes the new ECW. Same name, different product. I say no to this unless they bring the old cast back
 12-19-2009, 02:22 AM         #16
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 991 said:
Id rather just see a movie with the original cast members grown up and somehow come together again then get involved in some crazy adventure. If they make a saved by the bell movie with new people, it'll be just a highschool movie with the saved by the bell name. It'll be likes the new ECW. Same name, different product. I say no to this unless they bring the old cast back
exactly. i know they play that s**t on tv everyday still but damn, its fan base grew up with the cast. we dont want to see them any different. its going to ruin the whole saved by the bell name. i hope they dont expect there fan base from the 90's to support this just bc the name is the same..
 12-19-2009, 07:55 AM         #17
N I K E 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Will Probably be done (for the Money)

Will Probably be Terrible tho
 8 years ago '09        #18
six6nine9wpk 18 heat pts18
space
space
space
$1,024 | Props total: 778 778
Threads like this are when you can tell whos black and whos white............... Plus I thought Kelley was hot on the show but she was the 3rd baddest b**ch on the show!
 8 years ago '04        #19
Dimone293 
space
space
$1,582 | Props total: 1 1
def need a movie :dancingcool:
 8 years ago '04        #20
Tha754kid 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,906 | Props total: 833 833
 991 said:
Truth
Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
98 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
41 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
63 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
72 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
173 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
29 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
108 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy