Avatar Sucks (Official Avatar Thread)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
160 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
126 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
91 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

How would you rate Avatar?
Great film-Cameron has done it again! (will buy on dvd/blu-ray when it comes out) 37 75.51%
Just a good movie- nothing more nothing less! 6 12.24%
It was alright - definitely not worth the hype! 2 4.08%
Movie was terrible! I will never see it again! 4 8.16%
Voters: 49. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #121
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,101 | Props total: 23316 23316
 smokeweed101. said:
Same here, it might be a decent flick but nothing worth the money.
 8 years ago '04        #122
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,265 | Props total: 2834 2834
Was it just me or was Neytiri still s3xy even though she was a blue character.. lol
 8 years ago '08        #123
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,101 | Props total: 23316 23316
About a year ago, with James Cameron's science-fiction epic "Avatar" well under way, it became clear that Weta Digital, the visual effects studio doing much of the computer generated imagery (or CGI) on the project, was a bit in over its head.

At that point, the movie, which opened Friday, was about 40 minutes longer than it ended up being, and what was needed to finish the project was another company that could come in and lend a helping hand - and do so at the same, very high level, that Weta was working at.

bluray, extended cut, make it happen
 12-21-2009, 10:49 AM         #124
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arson said:
Im sorry I won't spend money on the Greatest Movie Of All Time, boy im sure missing out on this deep film.

To put this in perspective, I never spend money on a movie unless to take my girl out, all of my best films have been watched on TV and the experience doesn't change, I have my own big screen and speakers, 20-30 bucks is not worth 3 hours of film, especially one that lacks a story.

Seen it all before, won't pay hollywood for unoriginality.
 8 years ago '06        #125
d4deesnuts 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,424 | Props total: 3135 3135
im probably gonna c this s**t, i heard good things but am a little skeptical, besides, theres not really anything out there except this right now.
 8 years ago '06        #126
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,782 | Props total: 2262 2262
 smokeweed101. said:
Im sorry I won't spend money on the Greatest Movie Of All Time, boy im sure missing out on this deep film.

To put this in perspective, I never spend money on a movie unless to take my girl out, all of my best films have been watched on TV and the experience doesn't change, I have my own big screen and speakers, 20-30 bucks is not worth 3 hours of film, especially one that lacks a story.

Seen it all before, won't pay hollywood for unoriginality.
People who say they never watch movies in theater and watch them only home or download them probably dont have any friends.
 8 years ago '05        #127
bluntednt 43 heat pts43
space
space
$8,275 | Props total: 0 0
this movie provided me with one of the greatest movie experiences I've ever had in a theater...this was my first 3D film and I f**kin loved every second of it...definitely worth the money to see, I can't even begin to fathom watching this movie on anything less than an Imax screen...
 8 years ago '06        #128
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,998 | Props total: 1462 1462
This is the best way I can explain it. I know for a fact T2 is "epic". Now when someone else says Avatar is "epic" it takes away the meaning of the word by over hyping something that isn't epic. Like people saying "I love this" or "I hate that" for every thing. They both can't be epic. Don't give that apples & oranges comparing bulls**t, think about it, you know I'm right.
 01-09-2010, 09:23 AM         #129
Classefied 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im late as f**kk

but WOOWWWWW

This is officially the most beautifull thing i ever saw... The facial expressions of the navis were amazing.... the landscapes etc....pffff got dayumm

i dont care about haters talking s**t or people b**ching about the plot.... i know I and everybody in the theater was BLOWN AWAY

and realise i saw it in 2D!!!!

im gonna watch it in 3D tomorrow
 8 years ago '05        #130
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
 Isiah61 said:
This is the best way I can explain it. I know for a fact T2 is "epic". Now when someone else says Avatar is "epic" it takes away the meaning of the word by over hyping something that isn't epic. Like people saying "I love this" or "I hate that" for every thing. They both can't be epic. Don't give that apples & oranges comparing bulls**t, think about it, you know I'm right.
First off, know what the word "epic" actually means.

T2 isn't an epic... It's a science-fiction action movie that is f*ckin awesome, but it is not what is categorized as an epic.

An epic is a story with a bunch of different and diverse themes that are all relevent to it's audience. For example, the old Shakespear plays were epic. The original poem Beowulf was epic. "Julius Ceaser" was epic.

In that sense, T2 isn't an epic.
 8 years ago '07        #131
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,664 | Props total: 4411 4411
CGI was amazing, story and acting wasn't so great.
 01-09-2010, 11:01 AM         #132
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:

T2 isn't an epic... It's a science-fiction action movie that is f*ckin awesome, but it is not what is categorized as an epic.

An epic is a story with a bunch of different and diverse themes that are all relevent to it's audience. For example, the old Shakespear plays were epic. The original poem Beowulf was epic. "Julius Ceaser" was epic.

Seriously, most sci-fi isn't regarded as an epic, you would be looking more into the range of Ben-Hur or Lawerence of Arabia.
 8 years ago '06        #133
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,998 | Props total: 1462 1462
 DaOmega_1 said:

I know what the f**k epic means. I'm using it like the people who over hype s**t do, that's why I put it in quotes. And, you went to try to prove a point, and break out the actual meaning and be like "Well actually thats not the correct meaning of epic, it actually means blah blah blah" trying to make me look as a.ss, but busted yourself. And, you went "first off" like you had something to counter my point about avatar not being "epic", but you didn't."epic fail"
 8 years ago '04        #134
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
Fantastic f**king movie.
 8 years ago '05        #135
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
 Isiah61 said:
I know what the f**k epic means. I'm using it like the people who over hype s**t do, that's why I put it in quotes. And, you went to try to prove a point, and break out the actual meaning and be like "Well actually thats not the correct meaning of epic, it actually means blah blah blah" trying to make me look as a.ss, but busted yourself. And, you went "first off" like you had something to counter my point about avatar not being "epic", but you didn't."epic fail"
Dude, why are you so emotional?...

Notice that in my whole thing that I wasn't commenting on you saying that Avatar wasn't epic just because I don't call things 'epic' unless it deserves that title. Hence why I said "T2" isn't an epic. In fact, the way I worded it, I almost sorta/kinda supported your argument, yet you come at me like this?

Go home, rethink your post, and have a nice day.
 8 years ago '06        #136
WhoSentU 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,579 | Props total: 562 562
Saw it last night. s**t was epic.

Thought this was funny....

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by WhoSentU; 01-10-2010 at 11:26 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
21 comments
1 day ago