Avatar Sucks (Official Avatar Thread)

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
258 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
65 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

How would you rate Avatar?
Great film-Cameron has done it again! (will buy on dvd/blu-ray when it comes out) 37 75.51%
Just a good movie- nothing more nothing less! 6 12.24%
It was alright - definitely not worth the hype! 2 4.08%
Movie was terrible! I will never see it again! 4 8.16%
Voters: 49. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #101
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4329 4329
 thehogue... said:
Dude you act like the road is for your eyes only I can see "the brilliant road" too come in the theater they are like "welcome iron maiden" like you got a willy wonka ticket... get the f**k outta here bro and i've already explained nothing is original when you think about it.... the road is an adaptation of a book... yea original i mean i'll probably like the road too but to be ignorant and bash a movie you've never seen like is jokes to me. also that furry s**t is ridiculous you REACHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDD... only someone like you would think of some dumbass s**t like that but yea i digress i hope you enjoy the road i hope its a real experience
Lol... Well deserved towards dude too. I think it looks weak myself, but there's no reason to be in here downing others for enjoying it.
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '07        #102
Welsh! 
space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 39 39
Do I need to watch this in 3d or can it still be amazing without it?

I cant remember the last time I payed to watch a movie.
 8 years ago '06        #103
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,527 | Props total: 6754 6754
it was straight
Pilgrims vs Indians all over again
 12-20-2009, 11:38 AM         #104
Rareness6 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thehogue... said:
Dude you act like the road is for your eyes only I can see "the brilliant road" too come in the theater they are like "welcome iron maiden" like you got a willy wonka ticket... get the f**k outta here bro and i've already explained nothing is original when you think about it.... the road is an adaptation of a book... yea original i mean i'll probably like the road too but to be ignorant and bash a movie you've never seen like is jokes to me. also that furry s**t is ridiculous you REACHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDD... only someone like you would think of some dumbass s**t like that but yea i digress i hope you enjoy the road i hope its a real experience
damn R, went in on that one
 8 years ago '08        #105
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,662 | Props total: 2239 2239
Just saw it (in3D) and yes, it is epic. Best graphics I`ve ever seen, it`s definitely a 'game changer'. Word to the wise, if you`re gonna see it, do so in 3D to do it justice...Cameron once again proves he`s the best big-budget director of all time (well, tied with Spielberg)
 8 years ago '04        #106
Rileyboy03 
space
space
$1,243 | Props total: 1 1
I watched it, the story was decent but not prime time for the CGI that was put into the movie,
the plot maybe 50million but the CGI 1billion but overall great movie
 8 years ago '08        #107
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,662 | Props total: 2239 2239
Yeah the plot wasn`t overly complex, it`s more like a fantasy movie (which I didn`t mind, however I did expect it to be a lil deeper).

Last edited by 904Nole; 12-20-2009 at 03:29 PM..
 12-20-2009, 01:54 PM         #108
blackflaem 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Great movie, took me a while to get used to the whole blue people thing, but then again, I think thats why it was 2 n a half hours.
 8 years ago '06        #109
Knockout5 7 heat pts
space
space
$773 | Props total: 51 51
This is the most BEAUTIFUL movie you will ever see. THis s**t was amazing. This is one of those movies where you wanna buy the best 1080p tv just so you can see this on blu-ray.
 8 years ago '07        #110
TH35 103 heat pts103 OP
space
space
$85,789 | Props total: 14594 14594
Just got back and it was good. Yea the story wasn't too great but the movie never dragged or anything. I don't get some of the posts that said they were waiting for something to happen at the end. They just had a massive battle,
[spoiler - click to view]

. What else was supposed to happen?!
 8 years ago '08        #111
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 - Streetz - said:
it was straight
Pilgrims vs Indians all over again
The story is how Americans go about their business (Iraq & Vietnam war). But it most represents the Vietnam war.
 8 years ago '08        #112
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 thehogue... said:
haha, good stuff.
 8 years ago '06        #113
jgatling 
space
space
$260 | Props total: 81 81
this movie was epic straight up......the cgi was incredible.....the story was cool.....the soundtrack was excellent....and i'm not going to spoil it but the "triumphant" scene when everything seemed like it was game over.....i can't even front i almost wanted to jump out ma chair and say "HELL YEAH!!!!" :lachen001:.....

sidenote: if your actually going to WATCH a movie then you'll enjoy it.....if your trying to be the next siskel or ebert....then you might not be THAT impressed

Last edited by jgatling; 12-20-2009 at 10:59 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #114
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4120 4120
 jgatling said:
this movie was epic straight up......the cgi was incredible.....the story was cool.....the soundtrack was excellent....and i'm not going to spoil it but the "triumphant" scene when everything seemed like it was game over.....i can't even front i almost wanted to jump out ma chair and say "HELL YEAH!!!!" :lachen001:.....

sidenote: if your actually going to WATCH a movie then you'll enjoy it.....if your trying to be the next siskel or ebert....then you might not be THAT impressed
I soooo know what part you're talking about, and I wanted to stand up and yell "F*CK YESS"
 8 years ago '04        #115
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,271 | Props total: 2842 2842
THIS MOVIE WAS SO DOPEEE I haven't been so into the big screen in a long time.. it drugged me in.. it was amazing..
 8 years ago '06        #116
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,784 | Props total: 2285 2285
Goddamn just got back from this movie and it was f**king EPIC. The 3D was amazing and the visuals were the greatest i have ever seen in a movie, every penny spent on the movie was more than worth it. The story was good enough to keep me interested in the characters but it was heavily outshined by the sheer greatness of the visuals and landscape and thats not even a diss towards the story. That general was f**king bad a.ss, at the end of the movie I was actually rooting for him because he was a dope a.ss character and that battle in the last half hour was f**king AMAZING. This is definitely a MUST SEE movie in theaters and in 3D. Overall i am left fully satisfied with the experience of the movie and would rate it as being the 3rd best movie of the year behind Inglourious Basterds and The Hurt Locker.

Last edited by modalee; 12-21-2009 at 03:44 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #117
TH35 103 heat pts103 OP
space
space
$85,789 | Props total: 14594 14594
 modalee81 said:
Goddamn just got back from this movie and it was f**king EPIC. The 3D was amazing and the visuals were the greatest i have ever seen in a movie, every penny spent on the movie was more than worth it. The story was good enough to keep me interested in the characters but it was heavily outshined by the sheer greatness of the visuals and landscape and thats not even a diss towards the story. That general was f**king bad a.ss, at the end of the movie I was actually rooting for him because he was a dope a.ss character and that battle in the last half hour was f**king AMAZING. This is definitely a MUST SEE movie in theaters and in 3D. Overall i am left fully satisfied with the experience of the movie and would rate it as being the 3rd best movie of the year behind Inglourious Basterds and The Hurt Locker.
Yea he really didn't care. He held his breath several times to k!ll whatever he could. When he pulled out that big a.ss combat knife out of the AMP suit, I was like damn he's crazy. They got away w/ a lot of violence for a PG-13 movie.
[spoiler - click to view]

Last edited by TH35; 12-21-2009 at 04:23 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #118
Daville502 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,778 | Props total: 1306 1306
I have no desire to see this movie at the theatre but I think I will download it to see if the hype is deserved.
 8 years ago '08        #119
BRonin357 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,877 | Props total: 1157 1157
I saw this last night w/ my wife and 2 yr old and had an awesome experience! It was my 1st 3d movie, but after a while it felt seamless. My daughter stayed quiet for the most part and even ohhhhed and ahhhed when she saw the amazing cgi landscapes and creatures.

My wife initially didn't want to see this with me, but she said she enjoyed the movie, but had problems w/ underlying hypocrisy of the use of a white man to save an indiginous people (played by all african americans) and not have a minority in the heroes role! While I noticed this too, I didn't put as much thought into it since thats what happens 99% of the time. I'm just happy the used minorities at all for anything in the movie. But thats another thread and day.

For any haters I say this, what don't you like, decent story, great action, mindlblowing efx, and the na'vi were showin a cup t*ts the whole time! lol
 12-21-2009, 09:56 AM         #120
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Daville502 said:
I have no desire to see this movie at the theatre but I think I will download it to see if the hype is deserved.
Same here, it might be a decent flick but nothing worth the money.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago