most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

How would you rate Avatar?
Great film-Cameron has done it again! (will buy on dvd/blu-ray when it comes out) 37 75.51%
Just a good movie- nothing more nothing less! 6 12.24%
It was alright - definitely not worth the hype! 2 4.08%
Movie was terrible! I will never see it again! 4 8.16%
Voters: 49. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #41
htownplaya 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,566 | Props total: 0 0
Just came back from seeing it, and the movie is dope. I saw it in 3D, and thought it was pretty good. Plot is a little weak, but the action is great and cgi is incredible. You must watch this film in IMAX 3D or just in 3D, for the experience alone.
 8 years ago '05        #42
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,848 | Props total: 4149 4149
Okay.....

So, this movie is f*ckin amazing. I don't agree about the story. It wasn't 'weak' or 'bad'. It just kinda feels like James Cameron should've put a tiny bit more effort into the story as he did the visuals. Because, if he did, this film would be completely flawless.

But, somehow, you just don't care that it takes elements from some other material. Hell, Star Wars did the same thing. The Matrix did the same thing. Yet, those are all considered classic Science Fiction. You can't single out this movie, because the story isn't bad. It's just a little uninspired a bit. But, this is meant to be a visually emotional experience involving this planet and these characters. They so richly detail the world they live in, and the culture of these aliens, that we feel what is at stake. The details of this world makes sense. We are invested in the story and the plot.

I mean... how often do you get a film that completely creates a new world from scratch so convincingly? We believe in this world and the aliens, it's too the point that we forget that what we are seeing isn't exactly real...

Expect a full review sometime later tonight or early tomorrow.
 8 years ago '08        #43
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,064 | Props total: 4855 4855
Just saw it. Good movie, the storyline was kinda predictable, but as DaOmega said, you're so deeply rooted into the aliens culture, you start to feel a part of them, and you wish to stop the Marines from screwing it all up. With that said......The Colonel was THE best character in the film, hands down. Maybe its b/c I root for the bad guy, but he was simply fearless, and ruthless...
 8 years ago '08        #44
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,114 | Props total: 23371 23371
 stlcardinals19 said:
Just saw it. Good movie, the storyline was kinda predictable, but as DaOmega said, you're so deeply rooted into the aliens culture, you start to feel a part of them, and you wish to stop the Marines from screwing it all up. With that said......The Colonel was THE best character in the film, hands down. Maybe its b/c I root for the bad guy, but he was simply fearless, and ruthless...
quaritch: humans can't breath the air? fuuuuuccckkk that*holds breath and grabs the tool*

he's the truth
 8 years ago '05        #45
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,166 | Props total: 959 959
 stlcardinals19 said:
I couldn't agree more, I love that dude.. bad a.ss, I was still rooting for the humans..he was ill when he went up against..ummm nvm dont wanna spoil it lol:dancingcool:
 8 years ago '05        #46
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,797 | Props total: 4909 4909
This is more than a movie. This is an experience. You have never seen anything like this and you will remember that you were alive when this movie came out. Story was predictable but very well told. Characters were acted well enough to make you care. Personally this was the best movie I have ever seen. If you go to the movies to be immersed in another world for a few hours then I can't seen anyone that would disagree. This is truly movie magic and Cameron should and probably will win best director for what he has accomplished.
 8 years ago '07        #47
Antbone 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 1 1
yeah isnt this about that airbender guy or anime?

why are they blue..?

is this a re-release because the last airbender come out next year?
 8 years ago '07        #48
dionedre3000 
space
space
$8,973 | Props total: 791 791
EPIC. Loved it and yes it is an experience. Love some of the messeges it portrayed.
 8 years ago '07        #49
dionedre3000 
space
space
 Antbone said:
yeah isnt this about that airbender guy or anime?

why are they blue..?

is this a re-release because the last airbender come out next year?
2 Different Movies. Avatar....James Cam release. M Night The Last Airbender (Avatar)
 8 years ago '05        #50
space
space
I'm seeing it again tomorrow...

The Colonel HOLDS HIS BREATH IN TOXIC AIR just so he can k!ll em all... DAMN.

And also... 3D is the definitive way to see this.
 8 years ago '05        #51
space
space
Steven Spielberg: “The most evocative and amazing science-fiction movie since ‘Star Wars.’

“Simpsons” creator Matt Groening: “I feel like this is a landmark in the history of cinema: it’s great storytelling using completely artificial means.”

Danny DeVito: “Ohmigawd, that’s off the charts, blown out of the park.”

Michael Bay: “[It] puts you in another world, and that’s the highest praise.”

Michael Mann: “There’s before this movie and after this movie.”
 8 years ago '07        #52
dionedre3000 
space
space
The Colonel was a beast. Funny, gung ho and pushes the limit.
 8 years ago '04        #53
class01 
space
space
space
$358 | Props total: 36 36
i thought it was great,very political. "WE'VE GOT TO f!ght TERROR WITH TERROR" made the whole war in iraq sound really dumb. i loved it. im kinda wishing i saw it in 3D now though
 8 years ago '05        #54
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,797 | Props total: 4909 4909
 class01 said:
i thought it was great,very political. "WE'VE GOT TO f!ght TERROR WITH TERROR" made the whole war in iraq sound really dumb. i loved it. im kinda wishing i saw it in 3D now though
Gotta see it in 3d bro. The world truly comes to life in 3d.
 8 years ago '05        #55
space
space
 iggyemu said:
Gotta see it in 3d bro. The world truly comes to life in 3d.
3D is definitely the way to see this...
 12-19-2009, 01:08 AM         #56
The Lefty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
One of the best movies I've seen.

I actually liked the story.

The Zoe chick should get some Oscar nominations for her performance playing the blue alien chick.
 8 years ago '07        #57
agentSNAKE 
space
space
$1,002 | Props total: 0 0
Avatar is AMAZING, wow great experience
 8 years ago '08        #58
Keno 19 heat pts19
space
space
$7,053 | Props total: 4898 4898
Movie was great was almost 3 hours but you weren't like why isn't it over. Visuals are just amazing 300m and 5 years well spent. 3D is great not where everything is 3D just enough for you to enjoy the movie.
 8 years ago '05        #59
240sx 
space
space
$4,410 | Props total: 1451 1451
You got to see it in 3D , Don't make no sense any other way , You might as well watch it in black in white too.
 8 years ago '05        #60
Dillinger805 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,994 | Props total: 83 83
movie is amazing i loved it gonna see it again.....the cgi looked great and u get the feel for the characters good story as well.might see it tomorrow in 3d
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
54 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
84 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
88 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
83 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy