Dec 18 - Teen Marijuana Use Affects Brain Permanently: study

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
230 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
108 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
128 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-21-2009, 12:45 AM         #101
TrkyMfns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ronnie said:
You also have to keep in mind this...

Its pretty clear which side of mj use the CPRF are on. When they give all this money to scientists to fund the study, theres huge bias involved (the scientists want to please the people sending them money, so they'll send more in the future. Afterall, for a lot of these scientists, grants and donations is how they get paid). It happens in a lot of scientific studies when funded by a non-neutral party. See all the studies funded by big tobacco, or health studies funded by Kraft or large grain (wheat, rice etc) producers or pro-milk companies. In both cases, you'll find studies deflecting the health degenerating effects of tobacco, and how its vital to eat carbohydrate drink milk to form a complete healthy diet (eg USDA food pyramid) - both incorrect.
THANK YOU! Finally, someone with a f**king brain. :applause:
 8 years ago '05        #102
MykelxKnight 14 heat pts14
space
space
$4,456 | Props total: 518 518
 Professa said:
this s**t is completely true so before any potheads try to make a "point" dont....cuz this same exact s**t happened to me....i smoked for 4 years since i was 16 and recently quit a few months ago......it took a major effect on my brain...for almost the past year i've had major depression and anxiety...and it aint worth it...so i'd advise everybody that thinks marijuana is harmless to just stop before it happens to you
Ive been smoking weed sinse i was 10 years old and there isnt s**t wrong with me. These test are retarded as hell. I stopped smoking for a year when i was 22 and started smoking again recently. You were depressed before and probly had problems long before you smoked weed. You may have not noticed it before because the weed was calming the problem.
 8 years ago '08        #103
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,107 | Props total: 2631 2631
This n*gga.
Because you stop smoking weed your problems aren't going to change, so why would you stop being depressed?
 8 years ago '04        #104
SHOWTIME 
space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
 keithbm1111 said:
they're basing that off studies on rats? how do they know for sure then? its f**king rats not humans
I'd say that most of current scientific tests are actually conducted on rats, not humans. It looks like the common BX member is only going to question the reason for testing on rats when something like weed is said to be unsafe.

Google says:
"Carefully bred rats with documented genetic histories are used in animal testing for a number of reasons, including their frequent reproduction, genetic purity and similarities to human biology."
 8 years ago '08        #105
[Trini Yute] 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,028 | Props total: 516 516
lol I hope all the people responding actually smoke weed and are speaking from experience.

It be the same people who go out and drink bottles every weekend that try to bash weed like alcohol is any better. These marijuana claims have always been ridiculous imo
 8 years ago '07        #106
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
Really though I've been smoking trees off and on since I was 13(25 now) and I've NEVER been depressed without it. I smoked heavily all year until recently and I'm doing just fine. I miss it but it's not to the point where I can't focus without it.
 12-21-2009, 11:56 AM         #107
$h0wtym3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
Dude, this ain't news to me... I've been knowing that too much pot usage in your early years can lead to mental illnesses liek Schizophrenia, I have two people right in my family.... One who I know for sure smoked mary jane like a hobby and now he's schizo, and another whom I'm not completely sure did, but he hung around people who probably did and I wouldn't put it past him... Cause he's sick now to.... It's not as severe but it's still a mental illness.
How do you know he/she was a pot smoker who turned schizo though?

How do you know it wasn't simply a schizo who happened to smoke pot?
 12-21-2009, 12:01 PM         #108
$h0wtym3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Spliffee said:
Only means schizophrenia run in your genes, theres no clear link between cannabis and schizophrenia.
1% of the population will get schizophrenia either way, if someone in your family has it that percentile increases dramatically, so no sorry you just have bad genes.
And I know for a fact way more than 1% of the population smokes weed on a regular basis, so if their correlation were true then there would be way more schizos running around
 12-21-2009, 12:22 PM         #109
AlexG1989 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dude, you're seriously asking me how I know my own family??? Seriously... stop smokin the bud, you're clear evidence that it f**ks your head up...
 8 years ago '06        #110
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
More propaganda to feed the public.
 12-21-2009, 01:09 PM         #111
$h0wtym3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
Dude, you're seriously asking me how I know my own family??? Seriously... stop smokin the bud, you're clear evidence that it f**ks your head up...
It was just a question geez

Just cuz I pick on you all the time doesn't give you the right to cop an attitude with me
 12-21-2009, 01:46 PM         #112
Es0_puka 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Spliffee said:
Well, reality doesnt give a f**k what you believe.
You have a hard time believing 2+2=4 too? That doesn't make it 5..sorry still 4
No need to be rude son just sharing my opinion - i'm not totally disputing your claim just implying those results really do surprise me especially since some people that smoke would never have known they had shizophrenic symptoms until they started smoking so i just couldn't see how that could possibly be good for you - I mean despite that if i was in that position it wouldn't make me want to smoke more weed - I know you're a nerd and you know-it-all noone can dispute your claims yada yada yada but other people can have opinions too you know no need to be a prick about it

I was thinking mainly from my own experience because i went through psychosis - yer not exactly the same a shizophrenia but similar enough - and smoking more weed would definitely not get 'me' more 'in touch with reality' imo - so if i was shizophrenic that wouldn't be a good enough reason for me to smoke or continue smoking weed - cool study and all but pretty useless really - schizophrenic people can do some crazy things, i wouldn't recommend them being out on the streets with a bag of weed near at hand is all
 8 years ago '06        #113
DrunkenBoxer 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,487 | Props total: 6 6
Hahahahahaahahah, this s**t is f**king FUNNY, HAHAHAH!
Oh my God...Do they even know what "Cannabis" is & what it can do to our world?
Our economy would become better, a lot better, they should step their game up or whatsoever...
I'm 22 years old, I started to smoke cigarettes last year and weed, it was around "april, may".
To be honest...I really regret it smoking cigarettes...it really f**ked me up...cigarettes is a f**king drug, 20x worse than weed and alcohol, and alcohol is 10x worse than weed, so weed won!
Thank God I don't smoke cigarettes anymore, stopped with it this year, it was hard tho, but I made it, I'm glad that I smoke weed, 'cuz it changed my life, when I say "change" I mean like...I know who I am, I study more about life, more about my goals, more about my family and other important things I love!

When I was a "non smoker" and knew very little about weed, what it can cause, my life was hella boring etc..
I was the whole f**king time depressed, I once had a suicidal thoughts...that was like 4 years ago...
Weed changed my life, I dont smoke weed every day, s**t, like I dont have better s**t to do in my life then smoking weed every day LMAO, I smoke weed 3-4 times a month, thats enough for me!

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Do your f**king math!! Educate yourself!

SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKEEEE BUUUDAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!
 8 years ago '05        #114
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 ruff said:
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo... they concluded that pot affects teens when they haven't tested it on actual people yet and base these results on rats?
rats are about 98% similar kid.
 12-21-2009, 02:39 PM         #115
adam_balbaa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
theres a lot of ignorant answers being shot out here. to all the haters, i started smoking weed when i was 13, not every day but a couple times a week, here i am 8 yearslater, in university, and almost on the deans list...my roomate, being smoking with him at the same age. hes a 90 student taking the most rediculous stats and research program, deemed the most difficult in our school, he goes to bed at 10, wakes up at 4 studies then hoots for 4 hours straight EVERY single night, man still pulling off 90+ average. if your f**ked from weed, then you were f**ked to begin with, studies like these have been dropping ever since the original ban on marijuana in the early 1900's, then really started speaking alot of bulls**t after nixon tried to ban it. s**t was no different than nazi germany just pure propaganda and lies that came out about what weed is, what it funds and what it does. Some stupid study on rats aint going to make me think other wise, the only pot heads i knew that never made anything of themselves were dumbasses to begin wit, or on heavier s**t.
THis is a common known fact that there is no real way to enforce people to not smoke marijuana, you can arrest em, jail em and fine them, thats not going to do s**t. But if you scare them, then just maybe they wont do it.
 12-21-2009, 04:01 PM         #116
Kudafi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bea5T said:
rats are about 98% similar kid.
And fruit flies are 75% similar... Numbers don't mean s**t. Small difference in the number, but a big difference in reality.

And this article says smoking weed everyday. So I'm good. I just do it once a week. So I'm not trippin'.

Moderation is the key. Too much of anything can be bad for you.

Plus it depends on the person, if you can't be responsible, meaning if you can't foresee the problems coming even with some signs here and there. It's not meant for you.
 8 years ago '06        #117
DrunkenBoxer 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,487 | Props total: 6 6
 adam_balbaa said:
theres a lot of ignorant answers being shot out here. to all the haters, i started smoking weed when i was 13, not every day but a couple times a week, here i am 8 yearslater, in university, and almost on the deans list...my roomate, being smoking with him at the same age. hes a 90 student taking the most rediculous stats and research program, deemed the most difficult in our school, he goes to bed at 10, wakes up at 4 studies then hoots for 4 hours straight EVERY single night, man still pulling off 90+ average. if your f**ked from weed, then you were f**ked to begin with, studies like these have been dropping ever since the original ban on marijuana in the early 1900's, then really started speaking alot of bulls**t after nixon tried to ban it. s**t was no different than nazi germany just pure propaganda and lies that came out about what weed is, what it funds and what it does. Some stupid study on rats aint going to make me think other wise, the only pot heads i knew that never made anything of themselves were dumbasses to begin wit, or on heavier s**t.
THis is a common known fact that there is no real way to enforce people to not smoke marijuana, you can arrest em, jail em and fine them, thats not going to do s**t. But if you scare them, then just maybe they wont do it.
Good post dawg, I fully agree with you man! Propz!
I know friends who are also weed smokers, but thing is they don't know how to smoke weed, how to handle it, and how to control it, you cant...I REPEAT, you cant smoke weed when you have family problems, problems with yourself, when you feel depressed.
Every time I smoke weed I feel happy n all that, and the next day I feel much happier, I feel like superman, words cannot describe how great my feeling is when I'm on that HIGH MODE!

I have no problem with weed, never had, never will! :agreement6::agreement6:
 12-21-2009, 04:41 PM         #118
Spliffee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
Where's that counter evidence 'spliffee'... You know... judging from your name, I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that you're not being biased, but I'm not so sure I can anymore... 'Spliffee'
At first you seemed like a pretty bright guy....
Listen, counter evidence? how much time do you got? I can give you many studies conducted the last 4years which shatters the schizo/weed myth.
The most recent (3weeks old or so) shows that people who got schizophenia who smoked weed was way more intouch with reality than those who just developed schizophrenia and never had smoked weed.
 12-21-2009, 06:16 PM         #119
OnlyOriginality 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I know all adverse effects on marijuana has been SCIENTIFICALLY proven wrong (the loss or brain cells-wrong, the reduction of sperm cells-wrong, lung cancer, emphysema and other lung ailments have been proven wrong) so this is just part of the government's anti marijuana propaganda
 8 years ago '05        #120
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$7,605 | Props total: 1 1
u only have anxiety problems after u quit cause its WITHDRAWAL that s**t leaves soon
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
33 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
167 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy