Dec 18 - Teen Marijuana Use Affects Brain Permanently: study

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
239 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
128 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-20-2009, 05:19 PM         #81
CMONEY 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
eh real talk though, I don't understand why weed aint legal when im seeing commercials on tv talkin bout this pill may cause "liver failure" or "death"...lol

whens the last time weed caused liver failure or death? the type of s**t that are "side effects" of todays drugs are ridiculous. They try to say it all fast to cover it up to you ever notice
 8 years ago '04        #82
TniaS 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,490 | Props total: 720 720
Sounds about right.... Ive been smokin for half my life im 25 now... I think it has affected me lol
 12-20-2009, 05:58 PM         #83
Es0_puka 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Spliffee said:
Actually, not even that, a new study showed that people with schizophrenia who smoked weed was more in touch with reality than those who did not smoke weed.
They were way more cognitivly coherent than the ones wh didn't.
As far as bipolar, I don't know if there been any study yet...
i have a hard time believing that

but whatever
 12-20-2009, 06:15 PM         #84
Spliffee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Es0_puka said:
i have a hard time believing that

but whatever
Well, reality doesnt give a f**k what you believe.
You have a hard time believing 2+2=4 too? That doesn't make it 5..sorry still 4
 12-20-2009, 07:13 PM         #85
Soul 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ronnie said:
You also have to keep in mind this...

Its pretty clear which side of mj use the CPRF are on. When they give all this money to scientists to fund the study, theres huge bias involved (the scientists want to please the people sending them money, so they'll send more in the future. Afterall, for a lot of these scientists, grants and donations is how they get paid). It happens in a lot of scientific studies when funded by a non-neutral party. See all the studies funded by big tobacco, or health studies funded by Kraft or large grain (wheat, rice etc) producers or pro-milk companies. In both cases, you'll find studies deflecting the health degenerating effects of tobacco, and how its vital to eat carbohydrate drink milk to form a complete healthy diet (eg USDA food pyramid) - both incorrect.
Its scary how often this happens, and how much of the populace eats it up as irrefutable truth
 8 years ago '07        #86
inextricabLflow 
space
space
space
$211 | Props total: 1 1
Probably depends on ones usage, i mean if you are constantly getting high then just try to quit outta nowhere(or cant support your habit).....then your bound to have some s**tty side affects for awhile. But for those who get high here and there...i doubt this study would have any revelance towards that sort of smoking habit.
 8 years ago '07        #87
inextricabLflow 
space
space
space
$211 | Props total: 1 1
You would be suprised how much studies researchers do on rats.....they seem to be researchers speciies of choice when it comes to a wide array of laboratory research on human conditions and s**t...i mean primates are really more similiar to us biologically ..but im guessing they see rats as more expendible.
 12-20-2009, 08:53 PM         #88
AlexG1989 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dude, this ain't news to me... I've been knowing that too much pot usage in your early years can lead to mental illnesses liek Schizophrenia, I have two people right in my family.... One who I know for sure smoked mary jane like a hobby and now he's schizo, and another whom I'm not completely sure did, but he hung around people who probably did and I wouldn't put it past him... Cause he's sick now to.... It's not as severe but it's still a mental illness.
 12-20-2009, 09:10 PM         #89
Ivo003 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its true in some sense I know a friend that went schizo from smoking weed, weed is not meant for everyone just like drinking is not. Me myself I was able to graduate from college with a 3.0 average getting high everyday. Now I collect my friend's social security check I sell him two for the five lol, and he back everyday.

Last edited by Ivo003; 12-20-2009 at 09:21 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #90
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,410 | Props total: 3466 3466
I don't understand why everyone is questioning the credibility of this study because they used rats..
First of all, it's unethical to use humans in this study if they haven't been exposed to marijuana.
Second, the development of the rat is relatively similar to humans both in the fetus and from childhood to adulthood and they've been used to study humans for hundreds of years. Obviously they hold credibility or else they wouldn't be used in peer reviewed studies in science.
Those are just the facts, whether you like them or not.

I used marijuana heavily before I was forced to stop (urine tests at work) but I'm not going to say whether or not it had an effect on me because I honestly don't remember.

But it's obvious that marijuana use has a lot of psychological effects on a person and anyone who wants to debate that is in denial. This isn't exactly a groundbreaking study.. It's already known that it has an effect on serotonin levels, but when they say it has a greater effect on adolescents (who's brains aren't fully developed), everyone gets all up in arms.

12-20-2009, 09:50 PM         #91
Spliffee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
Dude, this ain't news to me... I've been knowing that too much pot usage in your early years can lead to mental illnesses liek Schizophrenia, I have two people right in my family.... One who I know for sure smoked mary jane like a hobby and now he's schizo, and another whom I'm not completely sure did, but he hung around people who probably did and I wouldn't put it past him... Cause he's sick now to.... It's not as severe but it's still a mental illness.
Only means schizophrenia run in your genes, theres no clear link between cannabis and schizophrenia.
1% of the population will get schizophrenia either way, if someone in your family has it that percentile increases dramatically, so no sorry you just have bad genes.
 12-20-2009, 09:51 PM         #92
Spliffee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 akademiks said:
I don't understand why everyone is questioning the credibility of this study because they used rats..
First of all, it's unethical to use humans in this study if they haven't been exposed to marijuana.
Second, the development of the rat is relatively similar to humans both in the fetus and from childhood to adulthood and they've been used to study humans for hundreds of years. Obviously they hold credibility or else they wouldn't be used in peer reviewed studies in science.
Those are just the facts, whether you like them or not.

I used marijuana heavily before I was forced to stop (urine tests at work) but I'm not going to say whether or not it had an effect on me because I honestly don't remember.

But it's obvious that marijuana use has a lot of psychological effects on a person and anyone who wants to debate that is in denial. This isn't exactly a groundbreaking study.. It's already known that it has an effect on serotonin levels, but when they say it has a greater effect on adolescents (who's brains aren't fully developed), everyone gets all up in arms.

You even know wtf serotonin is?... smh
 12-20-2009, 10:01 PM         #93
AlexG1989 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Only means schizophrenia run in your genes, theres no clear link between cannabis and schizophrenia.
1% of the population will get schizophrenia either way, if someone in your family has it that percentile increases dramatically, so no sorry you just have bad genes.

Overview: Use of street drugs (including LSD,methamphetamine,marijuana/hash/cannabis) and alcohol have been linked with significantly increased probability of developing psychosis and schizophrenia. This link has been documented in over 30 different scientific studies (studies done mostly in the UK, Australia and Sweden) over the past 20 years. In one example, a study interviewed 50,000 members of the Swedish Army about their drug consumption and followed up with them later in life. Those who were heavy consumers of cannabis at age 18 were over 600% more likely to be diagnosed with schizophrenia over the next 15 years than those did not take it. (see diagram below). Experts estimate that between 8% and 13% of all schizophrenia cases are linked to marijuna / cannabis use during teen years. It is also notable that some research suggests that alcohol abuse is a stronger predictor of psychotic symptoms than regular cannabis use (by a factor of four).
Many of these research studies indicate that the risk is higher when the drugs are used by people under the age of 21, a time when the human brain is developing rapidly and is particularly vulnerable.

People with any biological predisposition towards schizophrenia are at the highest risk -- unfortunately its impossible to accurately identify this predisposition beforehand ( a family history of mental illness is just one indicator of such a predisposition). [see causes and prevention of schizophrenia for more information on all risk factors linked to a person developing schizophrenia]

Researchers in New Zealand found that those who used cannabis by the age of 15 were more than three times (300%) more likely to develop illnesses such as schizophrenia. Other research has backed this up, showing that cannabis use increases the risk of psychosis by up to 700% for heavy users, and that the risk increases in proportion to the amount of cannabis used (smoked or consumed). Additionally, the younger a person smokes/uses cannabis, the higher the risk for schizophrenia, and the worse the schizophrenia is when the person does develop it. Research by psychiatrists in inner-city areas speak of cannabis being a factor in up to 80 percent of schizophrenia cases

Last edited by AlexG1989; 12-20-2009 at 10:04 PM..
 12-20-2009, 11:18 PM         #94
Spliffee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Alex1989:

Sorry outdated and refuted research are not useful for anyone.
 12-20-2009, 11:27 PM         #95
AlexG1989 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol @ that...

Dude, can you please provide evidence that contradicts what I posted?
 8 years ago '04        #96
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,410 | Props total: 3466 3466
 Spliffee said:
You even know wtf serotonin is?... smh
Considering my job involves it and other neurotransmitters, I think I may have the slightest idea.

But I may see how a self-righteous dumbf**k dropout might think he/she knows everything on the face of the earth because they know how to use google.
 12-20-2009, 11:36 PM         #97
Spliffee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 akademiks said:
Considering my job involves it and other neurotransmitters, I think I may have the slightest idea.

But I may see how a self-righteous dumbf**k dropout might think he/she knows everything on the face of the earth because they know how to use google.
Drop out? what?

Also if someone learns a lot from google, what's the difference?
There is more lectures on the internet than any person could learn from in their whole life time.
You shouldnt under estimate the value of the internet.
 12-20-2009, 11:59 PM         #98
dominichulo133 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:iough:
 12-21-2009, 12:22 AM         #99
AlexG1989 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Where's that counter evidence 'spliffee'... You know... judging from your name, I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that you're not being biased, but I'm not so sure I can anymore... 'Spliffee'
 8 years ago '07        #100
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
@ 95% of these responses....people who don't smoke weed think they're so much better than people who do.

The image the media gives.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
107 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago