most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
102 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #61
hbk83 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,029 | Props total: 1226 1226
did they need a study to figure this out?
 12-19-2009, 01:00 PM         #62
CMONEY 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how about this:

for one don't test all drug effects on animals that look nothing like us and have like 1/1000th the body mass

and two:

anybody ever make the connection that SMOKING WEED is a time consuming action? This could make sense because in your teen years your "supposed" to be busy playing on sports teams, getting good grades and scholarships, s**t like that, but if your too busy smoking k!ller then you could miss out on all those things, and then be "depressed" later in life as an adult for it. This has nothing to do with weed, this just means that people wasted too much time smoking it when there was more important things...it has nothing to do with weed, as another person said they have an addictive personality and could of easily did the same "wasting their teens away" and become depressed later playing video games...

EXAMPLE:

BOB Starts smoking weed when hes 15, skips school everyday by the time hes 16 to go smoke weed with friends,

BOB turns 18, didn't graduate, cant find good work but still lives at home with parents and smokes weed

BOB is now 25, has no H.S. Diploma, lives with mom, works a s**t job at mcdonalds and smokes his lil paycheck up buying weed. BOB hates his life and is "depressed".

there goes ur f**kin study right there no need for rats

Last edited by CMONEY; 12-19-2009 at 01:04 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #63
NuffGanja 117 heat pts117
space
space
$35,711 | Props total: 14906 14906
^ hmm thats a good point, cause and effect. oh and next time they wanna study marijuana they should call us up.
 12-19-2009, 01:25 PM         #64
MicRo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn.. i knew it.
 8 years ago '07        #65
NuffGanja 117 heat pts117
space
space
$35,711 | Props total: 14906 14906
OH yeah and for those who want to watch

thats streaming full length video
 12-19-2009, 02:53 PM         #66
clickclack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what they mean by 'depression' and 'anxiety' is actually another word for 'enlightenment' of sorts. I don't know about anybody else who smokes or has smoked before, but the first time i smoked, I felt like i was born again.
 12-19-2009, 02:56 PM         #67
clickclack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:
i remember seeing the study they first based the 'weed k!lls brain cells' statement on

they said that they took a look at the number of brain cells in rats that hadn't been introduced to weed smoke, then they pumped weed smoke into air-tight containers, then they counted the number of brain cells after they cleared the weed smoke out

they concluded that because the rats that were exposed weed smoke had less brain cells than the ones not exposed that the weed was the cause of that

they forgot that they didn't pump any oxygen into the tanks with the rats and that lack of oxygen is probably what k!lled the brain cells
These are our scientists.

Before when I was younger and dumber, I'd read all these research articles and take em to heart like, "it's comin from a scientist so it MUST be true.' at me.
 8 years ago '04        #68
mr_underground|m 1964 heat pts1964
space
space
$22,742 | Props total: 28388 28388
the factor they missed was, the perception and point of view. Maybe the rats were depressed and stressed because they didn't like the weed and the smoke and they kept getting exposed to it against their will. Now that changes everything....How do we know what the rats perceptive is on this.

Last edited by mr_underground; 12-19-2009 at 07:14 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #69
smoothlikebutta 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,616 | Props total: 1756 1756
Sparkin L's since i was 12.. Im an honor student in college, who has a full time job, and manages my money and supports myself.. i think this study is weak..
 8 years ago '07        #70
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
 clickclack said:
what they mean by 'depression' and 'anxiety' is actually another word for 'enlightenment' of sorts. I don't know about anybody else who smokes or has smoked before, but the first time i smoked, I felt like i was born again.
Truth. I've never been depressed while blazing though. Drinking is another story. Main reason why I no longer do it.
 8 years ago '06        #71
Pyro911 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,248 | Props total: 86 86
wow i just turned in a report about Marijuana's effects on the teenage brain yesterday...
 8 years ago '07        #72
Divinity 
space
space
space
$29 | Props total: 1 1
They tested young rats through adulthood with weed and observed them. the weed effected the their brains and the effects stayed even after they stopped providing the weed. Why wouldn't the same happen to a human? What, because they tested rats instead? Guys, we have brains just like rats and the same way weed effects rats, it effects us. Yes, if you're a teen and you smoke weed, your brain will be permanently damaged just like the rats. My guess is the people bashing the study in general are probably potheads and that's shameful (smoking weed). God, I wish I didn't reply to this thread because by the looks of the responses, it's a waste of time. But, I guess I know what my research paper for next semester will be about! Yup. Pothead Teens.
 12-20-2009, 12:38 AM         #73
danpatton420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Professa said:
the weed....i was drinking and smoking too....and my anxiety and depression was getting bad as hell...then i quit and just like this article said, the s**t just doesnt go away....marijuana can cause you to be bipolar and schitzophrenic (trust me i've seen it happen to friends before)...
^ it only causes people to be more bipolar or schizophrenic, hence only people who have symptoms can be effected by it in that way. it just makes it more intense and stronger, it comes out more when a bipolar or schizo person smokes
 12-20-2009, 12:39 AM         #74
danpatton420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Loco Poe said:
any of ya'll watch a documentary called "The Union"?
^yeah i love that documentary its sick
 8 years ago '05        #75
hbk83 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,029 | Props total: 1226 1226
 smoothlikebutta said:
Sparkin L's since i was 12.. Im an honor student in college, who has a full time job, and manages my money and supports myself.. i think this study is weak..
Thats good, but its like the alcoholics. We know alcohal damages brain cells but there are thousands of people who drink and get good grades and have good jobs and supports themselves. but many people still fall victim to it and live on the corner... brains have nothing to do with your success your effort does. even the dumbest person can be an honor student if they do the work and try hard. This study has been done numerous times with the same results, but whats the point? if it k!lls brain cells so what, spraying aerosol cans they tell you damages brain cells also, there are numerous products that are legal that do ten times worse... ask a painter how many people he knows have neurological problems.

Last edited by hbk83; 12-20-2009 at 12:41 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #76
jomarie 
space
space
$728 | Props total: 1 1
 StatisticZ said:
I was more f**ked up after I quit smoking it daily than I was smoking it daily.
Realest s**t I've Heard All Day...
 12-20-2009, 03:28 AM         #77
Spliffee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Divinity said:
They tested young rats through adulthood with weed and observed them. the weed effected the their brains and the effects stayed even after they stopped providing the weed. Why wouldn't the same happen to a human? What, because they tested rats instead? Guys, we have brains just like rats and the same way weed effects rats, it effects us. Yes, if you're a teen and you smoke weed, your brain will be permanently damaged just like the rats. My guess is the people bashing the study in general are probably potheads and that's shameful (smoking weed). God, I wish I didn't reply to this thread because by the looks of the responses, it's a waste of time. But, I guess I know what my research paper for next semester will be about! Yup. Pothead Teens.
You are pretty dumb aren't you?
The same way it affects rats it affects human brains? No.
Similarly? Yes, does that equal "irreversible braindamage"? No.
The researchers themselves say that this is faaaar from conclusive, it's the media that took it and ran with it as proof of braindamage...
Sorry you fail, guess your braindamage came from smoking crack since infancy huh?
 12-20-2009, 03:29 AM         #78
Spliffee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 danpatton420 said:
^ it only causes people to be more bipolar or schizophrenic, hence only people who have symptoms can be effected by it in that way. it just makes it more intense and stronger, it comes out more when a bipolar or schizo person smokes
Actually, not even that, a new study showed that people with schizophrenia who smoked weed was more in touch with reality than those who did not smoke weed.
They were way more cognitivly coherent than the ones wh didn't.
As far as bipolar, I don't know if there been any study yet...
 12-20-2009, 03:34 AM         #79
Spliffee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Divinity said:
Also, are you aware that people who smoke weed and binge drink get less braindamge than thse who only binge drink?
Cannabis serves as a protection against alcohol induced braindamage, eventhough they consume the exact same amount of alcohol.

Now bow down and shine my shoes b**ch
 8 years ago '05        #80
SyDuck 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,346 | Props total: 333 333
 Divinity said:
No we use rats as a model. We use rats only because they are quick to develop and reproduce and the drugs that we use to test on rats are only "models" of what can happen in a human. As far as I know, there is no correlation in brain development between a teenage human and a "teenage" rat. The brain develops differently... puberty, hormones, etc.

Thats why we can't just test drugs on rats and have them FDA approved. Until marijuana is tested on many humans, there is still little correlation between brain function and marijuana tokage.

I guess teenage rats shouldnt smoke weed though.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
252 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
304 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
35 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago