most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
46 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-18-2009, 06:03 PM         #41
Spliffee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Professa said:
bottom line is whether or not this s**t is true, smoking marijuana is f**king stupid......i used to love smoking weed till i quit now i look at all the dumbasses that do it (including my friends) and i think damn i cant believe i used to act like that and waste my life away on that bulls**t
Dude stop crying ok?
So because they enjoy something you can't anymore THEY are dumbasses?
Goddamn....

CHRONICLE: welll... I think Europe has produced more great minds :P
 12-18-2009, 06:12 PM         #42
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
By default, but yeah, Germany held the throne before America.
 8 years ago '07        #43
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
 Professa said:
this s**t is completely true so before any potheads try to make a "point" dont....cuz this same exact s**t happened to me....i smoked for 4 years since i was 16 and recently quit a few months ago......it took a major effect on my brain...for almost the past year i've had major depression and anxiety...and it aint worth it...so i'd advise everybody that thinks marijuana is harmless to just stop before it happens to you
Man who cares......You only live once, tomorrow ain't promised.. I'ma live today.

This could be true to the fullest extent and it ain't stoppin' me.

People say people act different and s**t? .. I never see it, I'm max chill when I'm not smokin' weed, and I'm maxer chill when I smoke weed..... Yeah I said "maxer".

Everyone askin' about "The Union" its a dope a.ss documentary, some points are mad bias though for weed smokers.. can't believe it all.
 8 years ago '08        #44
[Trini Yute] 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,034 | Props total: 525 525

:cool-smiley-009::cool-smiley-009:
 8 years ago '04        #45
BunDLeZ 
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 1 1
 StatisticZ said:
I was more f**ked up after I quit smoking it daily than I was smoking it daily.
 12-18-2009, 07:22 PM         #46
Spliffee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CHRONICLE said:
By default, but yeah, Germany held the throne before America.
Nah, today too.
America and Canada imports a lot from Europe though...
However nowadays science is more "global" and I wouldn't put it down to education in a country in most cases.
If you've read Lee Smolin's The trouble with Physics, you know what I'm talking about...

Anyway on topic:

This is a important study which needs more research, the topic is highly misleading though as NO TEENAGERS were involved in the study.
The reality is that cannabis has been repeatedly shown to help against neuron death from alcohol.

They studied teenagers who binge drink, those who only drank had more damage in their brains than those who drank and smoked weed at the same time...
Eventhough it was the same amount of alcohol consumed, so weed somehow protects your brain from damage when it comes to alcohol.
And wtf? 18...? that's a small sample size, they don't know s**t about the predisposition of these mice...
 12-18-2009, 07:35 PM         #47
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RAZAH CUTS said:
might be on to something....

some of the cats I grew up with that was smoking heavy in H.S., but quit now that we're in our mid 20's is def. not the same guys...
I'm in my early 20's and a lot of my friends who known me since HS and Middle school think I'm nothing like I was then.

I was much more carefree and overall happy in them days. Then again, events in life get to people differently. A lot of my boys clown on my friends that are doing bids like praising them but it actually hurt me some of the things a few of them are locked up for.

Either way. Everyone copes with things differently and take time and 'growing up' differently. So I agree with you.

Rowe said:
I would figure depression comes from events that happen to you in life, not according to smoking marijuana...

besides.. how similar are rats and humans anyway?
I thought they were 2nd closest genetically besides monkeys, lol.

Last edited by StatisticZ; 12-18-2009 at 07:36 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #48
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,123 | Props total: 2683 2683
 Professa said:
this s**t is completely true so before any potheads try to make a "point" dont....cuz this same exact s**t happened to me....i smoked for 4 years since i was 16 and recently quit a few months ago......it took a major effect on my brain...for almost the past year i've had major depression and anxiety...and it aint worth it...so i'd advise everybody that thinks marijuana is harmless to just stop before it happens to you
you're an idiot.
correlation does not equal causation.
plethora of reasons that you could be depressed.
 12-18-2009, 07:45 PM         #49
CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Spliffee said:
Nah, today too.
America and Canada imports a lot from Europe though...
However nowadays science is more "global" and I wouldn't put it down to education in a country in most cases.
If you've read Lee Smolin's The trouble with Physics, you know what I'm talking about...
Yeah, I know America and every other country imports foreign scientists (brain drain), but I don't think any country is topping USA.
 8 years ago '09        #50
six6nine9wpk 18 heat pts18
space
space
space
$1,024 | Props total: 778 778
Everybody gets the depressed........... You wouldnt be normal if you didnt.
 8 years ago '04        #51
bnw99 16 heat pts16
space
space
$6,625 | Props total: 4244 4244
s**t is mad crazy. I've smoked since I was 13, I'm 26 now and I HAD TO QUIT a year ago cause the weed started to give me CRAZY panic attacks. I wish so much I could smoke but the s**t just isn agreeing with me anymore. I don't knock anyone for smokin, bcuz it's the s**t when it's enjoyable and having to abruptly stop has been a b**ch on her period. I do know since I have had to stop smoking I experience MAD depression and anxiety. But I also know it's not from the weed perse, it's more from my personal desire of wanting that euphoric feeling again. I also beleive the panic attacks started in the first place due to my natural affinity to be anxious pessimistic. So blaming the weed for me is stupid, it was more my own chemical/emotional make up that created my dilemma. I just masked and bandaged it with weed for as long as I could.
Edit: sorry I typed a novel. Lol. This is an issue dear to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by bnw99; 12-19-2009 at 03:45 AM..
 12-19-2009, 05:04 AM         #52
Spliffee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bnw99: I've heard several stories like yours and I've experienced panic attacks on weed, but it was induced by severe traumatic incidences in my life, not the weed.
However there was a period where i could barely smoke due to the anxious feeling, but it's more that weed enhances whatever feeling your feeling, anxiety, depression, euphoria etc.
If you still struggle with panic though you should get some help, CBT is good I've heard.
 8 years ago '04        #53
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,395 | Props total: 11770 11770
if u dont think weed effects u, ur wrong... if effects ur judgement and the fact that u think u need it when u dont have it.... and n*ggas talking about legalize it.... wtf? im sure i wouldnt want to be around anybody hes on the influence of drugs to tell me what to do... or give me some type of directions... Weed hinders ur senses
 12-19-2009, 08:30 AM         #54
macadon83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If you get used to doing your day to day activities while drunk or high, you are gonna have a really hard time once u try to stop smoking/drinking and still do those activities. Things are not gonna feel the same.

I would not advise teens (or anyone) to smoke regularly. But a lot of times people blame other s**t and dont look at the situation carefully. What were u going through when you quit/started smoking? People get anxiety and depression all the time depending on whats happening in their lives. If you stop using a substance that was helping you cope with reality, yeah, you will have some problems to take care of.

I have had anxiety since i was a kid. Started smoking in college, and i still have anxiety
 12-19-2009, 11:07 AM         #55
$h0wtym3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Snappy said:
By CBC News, cbc.ca, Updated: December 17, 2009 6:31 PMTeen marijuana use affects brain permanently: study

Regular marijuana use takes a worse toll on the teenage brain than thought, say researchers in Montreal who studied the effects of cannabis in rats.

The findings suggest daily marijuana use by teens can cause depression and anxiety, and have an irreversible effect on the brain.

The study, which was published in the journal Neurobiology of Disease, looked at 18 adolescent and adult rats that were exposed to cannabis.

Those given the drug had decreased levels of serotonin, which affects mood.

The animals also showed higher levels of norepinephrine that can increase susceptibility to long-term stress, said Dr. Gabriella Gobbi, a psychiatric researcher from the Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre.

"These permanent changes in the brain are also linked to certain mental illnesses, like schizophrenia," Gobbi said Thursday.

"And we showed that even if we stopped the cannabis use at the end of adolescence, the changes were still detectable in adulthood."

Previous population studies have looked at how smoking marijuana can affect behavior in some teenagers. But Gobbi said this was one of the first to focus on how the drug affects depression and anxiety in adolescence compared with adulthood.

The researchers also plan to observe a group of young human marijuana smokers to investigate the idea further.

The study was funded by a grant from The Canadian Psychiatric Research Foundation.

With files from The Canadian Press

External Links

Abstract of study on effects of cannabis on adolescent brains, Neurobiology of Disease

article:
abstract:
I agree teenage rats should stop smoking
 12-19-2009, 11:09 AM         #56
$h0wtym3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Spliffee said:
bnw99: I've heard several stories like yours and I've experienced panic attacks on weed, but it was induced by severe traumatic incidences in my life, not the weed.
However there was a period where i could barely smoke due to the anxious feeling, but it's more that weed enhances whatever feeling your feeling, anxiety, depression, euphoria etc.
If you still struggle with panic though you should get some help, CBT is good I've heard.
Yeah if i smoke while im happy, then i become even happier and joke about everything

But if I smoke while in a bad mood, I get depressed

I don't think the weed changes your mood, just enhances it.
 8 years ago '04        #57
Thangstah 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,381 | Props total: 88 88
you guys are retards if you think smoking n e thing for years will not change ur mind set and affect u in thr future

Cmon i luv smokin but use common sense
Posted via Mobile Device
 12-19-2009, 11:56 AM         #58
Spliffee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Thangstah said:
you guys are retards if you think smoking n e thing for years will not change ur mind set and affect u in thr future

Cmon i luv smokin but use common sense
Posted via Mobile Device
Temporarily?
Noone disagrees
Permanently?
Disgree...

If something tragic happens in your life and you smoke yourself deeper and deeper into a depression for 2 years, noone doubts that you should put the weed down.
If you do so, get your life back together you can be just as good a before, even better because you've hopefully grown stonger from it.
 8 years ago '05        #59
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
i remember seeing the study they first based the 'weed k!lls brain cells' statement on

they said that they took a look at the number of brain cells in rats that hadn't been introduced to weed smoke, then they pumped weed smoke into air-tight containers, then they counted the number of brain cells after they cleared the weed smoke out

they concluded that because the rats that were exposed weed smoke had less brain cells than the ones not exposed that the weed was the cause of that

they forgot that they didn't pump any oxygen into the tanks with the rats and that lack of oxygen is probably what k!lled the brain cells
 12-19-2009, 12:28 PM         #60
bigox420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Professa said:
can't say I have ever felt any of these feelings from smoking weed but life has definitely made me feel this way a few times. I have been smoking since I was 14 i am 29 now and I know more know then I did then. More focused and calm, patient. All that and I raised a daughter when I was 18.

I only get depressed when I run out. lol

Last edited by bigox420; 12-19-2009 at 12:36 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
100 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy