funny how lupe went over ya'll heads in 'kick push'

most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
187 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
194 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
24 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-18-2010, 07:29 PM         #101
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NuffGanja said:
Fam. Stop reaching. I feel what youre saying, but the song is about skating and making it through life in face of adversary. Why do rap songs ALWAYS have to be about drugs if they say the words Grind and Push.

At you thinking Lupe's first single would be about skating.

It's about skating for the kids, but real people know what the f**k is up.
 8 years ago '07        #102
NuffGanja 117 heat pts117
space
space
$35,711 | Props total: 14906 14906
 X-NINE said:
Mayne, I've BEEN tellin n*ggas the same thing about song being a metaphor for ppl trying to hustler and get by....It was 2006 version of "I Used To Love H.E.R.", respectively

"He said I would marry you but I'm engaged to these aerials and varials
And I don't think this board is strong enough to carry 2
She said bow I weigh 120 pounds, now
Lemme make one thing clear
I don't need to ride yours I got mine right here
So she took him to a spot
He didn't know about
Somewhere in the apartment parking lot, she said
I don't normally take dates in here
Security came and said "I'm sorry there's no skating here"

He sold her some drugs... is what you people are saying.
 8 years ago '07        #103
space
space
 Joe Budden said:

At you thinking Lupe's first single would be about skating.

It's about skating for the kids, but real people know what the f**k is up.
Homie, the producer of the track and I spoke about it. He never once brought up anything about it being a Hustler's Anthem. Skateboarding was big back then and all skaters faced hate by thugs and goons etc.

TBH, the skaters is what made Lupe's buzz incredibly large. Followed by the sneaker heads rockin SB dunks. etc.

He was shouting out drug dealers in the beginning for being on their "grind" like skaters "rail grind" their boards.

I ain't gonna stop yall from thinking what yall want. If it helps you get by then so be it.

Last edited by NuffGanja; 04-18-2010 at 07:40 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #104
space
space
First got it when he was six
Didn't know any tricks
Matter fact
First time he got on it he slipped
Landed on his hip and bust his lip
For a week he had to talk with a lisp
Like this

This is when he got his first rock huh. I guess where he says kick "flip" he made his first sale?
 04-18-2010, 07:38 PM         #105
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NuffGanja said:
Homie, the producer of the track and I spoke about it. He never once brought up anything about it being a Hustler's Anthem. Skateboarding was big back then and all skaters faced hate by thugs and goons etc.

TBH, the skaters is what made Lupe's buzz incredibly large. Followed by the sneaker heads rockin SB dunks. etc.

He was shouting out drug dealers in the beginning for being on their rail "grind" like skaters "grind" their boards.

I ain't gonna stop yall from thinking what yall want. If it helps you get by then so be it.
Thank you, that's what I was saying from the beginning. There is no exact interpretation of this song. If you ask Lupe, he'll probably tell you it's whatever you think it is. It can go both ways, it how you choose to see it.
 8 years ago '07        #106
space
space
 Joe Budden said:
Thank you, that's what I was saying from the beginning. There is no exact interpretation of this song. If you ask Lupe, he'll probably tell you it's whatever you think it is. It can go both ways, it how you choose to see it.
Word up. We'll agree to disagree then.
 04-18-2010, 07:41 PM         #107
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NuffGanja said:
Didn't know any tricks
Matter fact
For a week he had to talk with a lisp
Like this

This is when he got his first rock huh. I guess where he says kick "flip" he made his first sale?
Here you go, trying to make a literally translation out of this song. It doesn't necessarily mean he "got it when he was six," he started when he was young, that's all.
 8 years ago '07        #108
space
space
 Joe Budden said:
Here you go, trying to make a literally translation out of this song. It doesn't necessarily mean he "got it when he was six," he started when he was young, that's all.
Aight man. White flag. I digress.
 8 years ago '07        #109
space
space
LOL. I still prefer the fact that this is about Life and Growth.

Not something as redundant as drug dealing.

8 years ago '06        #110
latereg6 39 heat pts39
space
space
$2,994 | Props total: 1048 1048
kick push II was more about drug dealing
 8 years ago '09        #111
klm1015 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,689 | Props total: 189 189
i want an explanation of how it connects to the dope game
 04-18-2010, 10:31 PM         #112
2D....  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is like that south park episode where they were tying the book to all this political s**t
and it was just a f**kin book about random s**t
 04-18-2010, 10:33 PM         #113
2D....  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i bet i could take a wacka flocka song and compare it to obama's presidency
 8 years ago '04        #114
Adwerdz 319 heat pts319
space
space
$32,754 | Props total: 23296 23296
this s**t isn't about no drugs, it's about the life of misfit that skateboards and skates to get away from all the bulls**t of the world , n*ggas trynna dicipher s**t that's not even there and making themselves look stupid

and yea he made the reference of grinding in the sense of skateboard grinds and hustling grinding but that was it
 04-19-2010, 02:06 AM         #115
clickclack  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Alright, i'll break it down, since some people don't get it. Personally, it could go either way, and I think that was the point. You gotta realize that lupe runs triple syllable soliloquies in his verses that could mean a many different things at once. But, to the people who can't see any connection to hustlin, here you go:

Didn't know any tricks
Started young. Didn't know much.
Matter fact
Didn't know the 'rules' of the street and f**ked up somehow.
For a week he had to talk with a lipse
Like this
got f**ked up by other dealers on the block.
Now we can end the story right here
But shorty didn't quit it was somethin in the air
He could've learned his lesson the first time, but gettin f**ked up didn't stop him.
Yea
He said it was somethin' so appealing
He couldn't f!ght the feelin'
Somethin' about it
He knew he couldn't doubt it
Couldn't understand it
Self-explanatory. He wanted the money, the cash, the hoes. you know how that go.
Brand it, since his first kickflip, he landed
he started gettin the hang of it. flipped it and landed. pretty clever of lupe, imo.
Uh
Labeled a misfit, abandoned
Ca-kunk, ca-kunk, kunk
His neighbors couldn't stand it
He got the label of a 'drug dealer' by authority figures or whoever the adults were who watched him grow. seeing him on his grind ("Ca-kunk, ca-kunk, kunk"). Neighbors couldn't stand it.

so
He was banished to the park
Started in the morning wouldn't stop till after dark
Obvious, man. Hustlin day and night.

Yea
When he said it's gettin late in here
So "I'm sorry young man there's no skating here"
COPS!

so there you have it. At least the first verse. Broken down, and if you really think about it, it works PERFECTLY both ways... or else lupe would've been much more specific if he wanted to have the song be JUST about skateboarding.

as for the second verse....same thing... too lazy to go into it, but "i would marry you, but i'm engaged to these arials and varials" basically means... "i want it to just be the two of us, but i'm too into this game to stop now"
 8 years ago '05        #116
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 NuffGanja said:
LOL. I still prefer the fact that this is about Life and Growth.

Not something as redundant as drug dealing.

I personally think that this is just a song about what dudes go through in life, foudn a passion for something when he was young, then as he got older deals with different authorities, IE from security to cops. I personally take this a growth story and how you priorities change, chasing girls to realizing his boys are there for him in the end along with his skateboard. You can make the correlation with hustling if that makes you feel better but I jst think that legally line really got n*ggas panties in a twist.

at the amount of people who dedicate themselves to breaking down Lupes verses to show how complex they are, just to prove that Lupe is smart. We know the n*gga is clever, we dont need all you Da Vinci Code a.ss n*ggas coming with your blue light investigating s**t.

oh, Fashawns skate game > Lupe's skate game

Lupe is still that dude though, cant deny his mic skills.
 04-19-2010, 06:03 AM         #117
Ni2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
listen to the 2nd song. how the kid disproves of drug dealing. therefore how could you interpret hes out selling drugs. 'if i kick it with yall im just pushin for a bid' 'they best customer wasnt cookin for they kids' ...so he kick push, over his shoulders he swear he never look...life wasnt too attractive...

there are metaphors in the song about pushing, but thats not what hes doing, well actually he is thats why its a metaphor, but he aint dealing. the focus of the song is the metaphor about grinding. grinding simply means to make money, legally or illegally.
 8 years ago '07        #118
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4823 4823
 clickclack said:
Alright, i'll break it down, since some people don't get it. Personally, it could go either way, and I think that was the point. You gotta realize that lupe runs triple syllable soliloquies in his verses that could mean a many different things at once. But, to the people who can't see any connection to hustlin, here you go:

Started young. Didn't know much.

Didn't know the 'rules' of the street and f**ked up somehow.

got f**ked up by other dealers on the block.

He could've learned his lesson the first time, but gettin f**ked up didn't stop him.

Self-explanatory. He wanted the money, the cash, the hoes. you know how that go.

he started gettin the hang of it. flipped it and landed. pretty clever of lupe, imo.

He got the label of a 'drug dealer' by authority figures or whoever the adults were who watched him grow. seeing him on his grind ("Ca-kunk, ca-kunk, kunk"). Neighbors couldn't stand it.

Obvious, man. Hustlin day and night.

COPS!

so there you have it. At least the first verse. Broken down, and if you really think about it, it works PERFECTLY both ways... or else lupe would've been much more specific if he wanted to have the song be JUST about skateboarding.

as for the second verse....same thing... too lazy to go into it, but "i would marry you, but i'm engaged to these arials and varials" basically means... "i want it to just be the two of us, but i'm too into this game to stop now"
what tha hell be wrong wit yall people?

u somehow translate him fallin off his board an bustin his lip an havin to talk funny to gettin f**ked up by some dealers

y do people who aint neva sold an aspirin think they know drug metaphors
 8 years ago '04        #119
jake_starrz 
space
space
$978 | Props total: 0 0
i always thought that "cakunk,cakunk,kunk" part was n*ggas knocking on his door?
 8 years ago '05        #120
murdamurda 33 heat pts33
space
space
space
$6,979 | Props total: 166 166
According to DJ WhooKid No one pumps Lupe in the hood.
Posted via Mobile Device
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
205 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy