Phat ass white girl for real
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
105 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #81
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
get off this n*ggas d*ck son...this n*gga gets his metaphors sucked off more than any rapper ever
 8 years ago '07        #82
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4829 4829
 Meatballer said:
Bruh, it ain't a stretch to make that connection if you take into account what he said at the beginning of the song....

And this one right here
I dedicate this one right here
To all my homies out there grindin' (ya know what I'm saying)
Legally and Illegally

Grindin'..... come on man. It's not hard to see that dude was not just referencing rails in the park especially when you hear the exact next line in which says "legally and illegally"

Now listen to the song just from that perspective. I can see how people can make the connection, although not as whacky as dude in this thread did.
and what does that mean?cause biggie gave a shout out to all tha people that called tha police on him while he was just tryin to feed his daughter mean that tha song is a ultra slick metaphor?no it doesnt.this is just anotha classic case of smart people who think to much and end up bein stupid.

listen to tha chorus for christ sake.a cop is gonna tell a hustler aint no sellin drugs here?lmao.cmon dude.this song is anti drug and anti establishment.its about inner citty kids buckin tha normal.nothin more
 8 years ago '07        #83
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 MOTTAFOOKAH said:
the threadstarter.. would give him hate if it was still possible.. good look on shoutin out a song from the GOAT but maw lost by taking 3 years to comrehend and still gets the wrong interpretation of the song...
word lol.i find alotta tha posters co-signin this s**t hillarious
 8 years ago '04        #84
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,457 | Props total: 1447 1447
If u want songs with double meanings listen to farenheit 9.11 mixtape. Penz n needles >__. He explained the damn song as he did all of his song.
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '09        #85
just2intense 14 heat pts14
space
space
$1,095 | Props total: 162 162
MAN ITS ABOUT STUGGLING AND HUSTYLING AND NOT GIVING UP REMEMDER KICK PUSH 2

[video - click to view]

ITS LIKE A CONTIUATION OF THE FIRST HERE HE BREAKS IT DOWN MORE

Last edited by just2intense; 12-19-2009 at 01:58 AM..
 12-19-2009, 11:04 AM         #86
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
and what does that mean?cause biggie gave a shout out to all tha people that called tha police on him while he was just tryin to feed his daughter mean that tha song is a ultra slick metaphor?no it doesnt.this is just anotha classic case of smart people who think to much and end up bein stupid.

listen to tha chorus for christ sake.a cop is gonna tell a hustler aint no sellin drugs here?lmao.cmon dude.this song is anti drug and anti establishment.its about inner citty kids buckin tha normal.nothin more
Biggie's neighbors called the cops on him because he was selling drugs in and out of the building. They didn't like what he was doing. This is similar to what Lupe is talking about, the people in the (skateboarder's) building didn't like what he was doing. You can't see that the two are parallel?

You're thinking too literal. I used to hang on this street corner (I'm not saying, I know about the streets), there were at least 20 people hanging on this corner, daily. They sold drugs to passing cars and any crackhead who wanted to get high. It got to the point where the cops started to notice, and they started locking people up. The corner now has a reputation, if you are standing on that corner, you're selling drugs. The cops drive through now and then, and they tell the people standing there, "you can't stand here, get lost." In reality, they can't stand there anymore because business owners are calling the cops, and they are slapping no trespassing signs up everywhere.

But you can take the song how you want to take it, it's impossible for everyone to get the same message out of a song, it's like DNA. We are all different. I know people don't see the world how I see it. People don't listen to an artist for the same I listen to an artist.
 12-19-2009, 11:11 AM         #87
Lungs  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
metaphors are stupid

that why I like Wakka Flocka Flame
Posted via Mobile Device
 12-19-2009, 01:13 PM         #88
CIDF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol he applied that s**t to skating, a big a.ss hype at the time, and blew the f**k up
 8 years ago '07        #89
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Get it Right said:
Biggie's neighbors called the cops on him because he was selling drugs in and out of the building. They didn't like what he was doing. This is similar to what Lupe is talking about, the people in the (skateboarder's) building didn't like what he was doing. You can't see that the two are parallel?

You're thinking too literal. I used to hang on this street corner (I'm not saying, I know about the streets), there were at least 20 people hanging on this corner, daily. They sold drugs to passing cars and any crackhead who wanted to get high. It got to the point where the cops started to notice, and they started locking people up. The corner now has a reputation, if you are standing on that corner, you're selling drugs. The cops drive through now and then, and they tell the people standing there, "you can't stand here, get lost." In reality, they can't stand there anymore because business owners are calling the cops, and they are slapping no trespassing signs up everywhere.

But you can take the song how you want to take it, it's impossible for everyone to get the same message out of a song, it's like DNA. We are all different. I know people don't see the world how I see it. People don't listen to an artist for the same I listen to an artist.
only parralel is that its about tha struggle.u dudes an dudettes on here act like sellin drugs is tha only illegal grind.as a brotha who has sold,and likes to sell,aint not 1 drug reference in there.like i said,skateboardin is illegal in alot of public places,and grind is a skate move.aint no damn cop gonna tell a dude "hey,no sellin drugs on this corner".yo a.ss goin to jail.as far as lupe,im not into tha nerd hop.i took a likn to that song cause my brotha was 1 of tha 1st black dudes goin hard on that skate s**t
 04-18-2010, 05:19 PM         #90
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tommy_Bunz said:
I guess Im the only one that didnt know that s**t
Y'all be defending Tommy Bunz, but I swear this guy is dead serious sometimes.
 8 years ago '07        #91
NuffGanja 117 heat pts117
space
space
$35,711 | Props total: 14906 14906
 sandninja said:
he says that s**t in the beginning pretty much gave it all away "for all my n*ggas grinding... legally AND ILLEGALLY"
:dancingcool:
that was more of a skating metaphor. he's jus shouting out the hustlas. the track isn't a metaphor for hustling.

reaching... just because it says "push" too bad

Lungs said:
metaphors are stupid

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by NuffGanja; 04-18-2010 at 05:26 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #92
R Dot 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,870 | Props total: 1060 1060
It might be about hustling but the video ain't..........
 04-18-2010, 05:28 PM         #93
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 R Dot said:
It might be about hustling but the video ain't..........
It's what your mind chooses to see.

[pic - click to view]

04-18-2010, 05:31 PM         #94
kronik414  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lungs said:
metaphors are stupid

Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device
 04-18-2010, 05:34 PM         #95
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lungs said:
metaphors are stupid

Posted via Mobile Device
@ Lungs predicting the downfall of Wakka Flocka.
 8 years ago '07        #96
space
space
 Kudafi said:
Lol @ ya'll tryna look smarter by sayin' "yeah, we been knowing this"

ain't about no drug dealing.. All ya'll reaching. and the intro was just a shoutout.

If it really was about drug dealing it woulda been similar to Gotta Eat. That's straight up metaphorical about drugs.

Lol @ all ya'll thinking ya'll got it figured out but are actually just reachin'/tryna look smart.

word. some ppl really not made for this rap s**t.
 8 years ago '07        #97
space
space
 Joe Budden said:
Wow, this song came out how many years ago? This dude just figured out the true meaning and couldn't help but post this thread.
lmao. fail for following the leader.
 04-18-2010, 07:19 PM         #98
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That dude you quoted is an idiot. He has never read poetry before. There is no way you can get an exact translation from the song. Only the author can give you an exact translation, and sometimes the authors are just as lost as you are when it come to certain things.

We may have dug too deep in certain areas, but I bet we are not far off. That guy is an idiot for thinking he actually know what Lupe is thinking. We gave you our translation of the song, we never said it was the exact translation, only Lupe can give you that.

So, until Lupe speaks, it is what it is.
 8 years ago '07        #99
space
space
 Joe Budden said:
That dude you quoted is an idiot. He has never read poetry before. There is no way you can get an exact translation from the song. Only the author can give you an exact translation, and sometimes the authors are just as lost as you are when it come to certain things.

We may have dug too deep in certain areas, but I bet we are not far off. That guy is an idiot for thinking he actually know what Lupe is thinking. We gave you our translation of the song, we never said it was the exact translation, only Lupe can give you that.

So, until Lupe speaks, it is what it is.
Fam. Stop reaching. I feel what youre saying, but the song is about skating and making it through life in face of adversary. Why do rap songs ALWAYS have to be about drugs if they say the words Grind and Push.
 04-18-2010, 07:28 PM         #100
GOD999  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mayne, I've BEEN tellin n*ggas the same thing about song being a metaphor for ppl trying to hustler and get by....It was 2006 version of "I Used To Love H.E.R.", respectively
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
139 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
142 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago