funny how lupe went over ya'll heads in 'kick push'

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
85 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
20 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #61
Drunk By Myself 
space
space
space
$1,811 | Props total: 0 0
i love how folks on this site love to act like they know/knew s**t and diss on the threadstarters like its cool. But I have never saw anything regarding this topic before on here. and boxden loves trying to break down lupe's lyrics
 12-18-2009, 09:06 AM         #62
Meatballer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Drunk By Myself said:
i love how folks on this site love to act like they know/knew s**t and diss on the threadstarters like its cool. But I have never saw anything regarding this topic before on here. and boxden loves trying to break down lupe's lyrics
LOL. Who needs Boxden of all places to break them s**ts down when at the beginning of the song he dedicated it people doing their thing "legally and illegally"? Right off the bat he's giving you context clues. How can people miss that?
 12-18-2009, 09:11 AM         #63
Lungs  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Are you f**king stupid? Every knows it's a metaphor you dumbass
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '07        #64
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,850 | Props total: 4847 4847
 Get it Right said:
I can't take Boxden members' opinions about the drug game serious, because they are broke. A rapper has more creditability than you. Unless you're a crackhead, go play Frisbee.
do these rappers come from cybetron or somethin?

"Now I don't know why he "slipped and busted his lip," some older kids could have stuck him up."
 12-18-2009, 09:49 AM         #65
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
do these rappers come from cybetron or somethin?

"Now I don't know why he "slipped and busted his lip," some older kids could have stuck him up."
If you are going to quote me, make sure you quote what I said at the end of that paragraph, f*g.

I'm waiting on your interpretation of the song, don't post again until you have it.
 8 years ago '07        #66
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Get it Right said:
If you are going to quote me, make sure you quote what I said at the end of that paragraph, f*g.

I'm waiting on your interpretation of the song, don't post again until you have it.

my interpretation is that its a brutha who likes to ride a skateboard,but bein that skateboardin wasnt popular among tha brothas he uses tha track to tell us what its like growin up bein different an tha struggles,an at tha end of tha day to do ya own thing wether its cool or not.not 1 drug reference in that damn song.lol.yall nerds on here k!ll me
 8 years ago '07        #67
DaKid730 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,596 | Props total: 677 677
 Get it Right said:
Let me give you my interpretation of the lyrics.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

He started when he was young, and he wasn't good at "grinding." First time he tried, he slipped. Now I don't know why he "slipped and busted his lip," some older kids could have stuck him up. You remember in Boyz N Da Hood, when those older kids took the football from those kids. I'm guessing he was put in one of them situations. These lines are hard to translate to hustling, but some lines have "hustling" written all over them.

Remember in Biggie's song Juicy, when Biggie said, "this song is dedicated to all the people that lived above the buildings that I was hustlin' in front of that called the police on me when I was just tryin' to make some money to feed my daughters?"

Remember when Big L said, "On 139 and lennox ave. there's a big park, and if you're soft. don't go through it when it gets dark?" Really, who skates in a park, all night?

The word "roller" was a dead give away. When has a skateboarder referred to themselves as becoming a better "roller." Now "roller" could mean anything, he became a better "weed roller," a "high roller," I just know that word has more meaning to it. All we know is, he got better at what he was doing.

Now that he's better, he got a girl, his girl is clapping in the crowd because she likes what he does. This is similar to most drug trade stories, you start off a nobody and then you work you way up the ladder.

You starting to see the picture? He has a crew now.

Remember Rick Ross had the hit song, "Push It." He was talking about moving (selling) cocaine. The word "push" is commonly used in the Hip Hop genre as a reference to selling drugs. These guys got so big, it wasn't safe to sell in the buildings, maybe the cops were on to them. This is similar in the skate world, if you sell/skate some where for too long, it's only a matter of time until you're noticed, and being harassed.

Remember when Biggie said, "She was forced to kick me out, no doubt, then I figured out Nick's went for twenty down south"" When thing got crazy in their own place, they found better grinds, Biggie's grind was heading down south, he could buy from upstate and go down south to double or triple his money.

That's just a quick break down, but it gets much deeper, at least that's what I got out of the picture. But only Lupe can break every line down. But I wouldn't be surprised if some line are just thrown in randomly just to make a good song, he's definitely comparing both world.

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '07        #68
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 DaKid730 said:

[pic - click to view]

lmao.

only on boxden could nerds turn an anti-drug song into a hustlers anthem
 12-18-2009, 10:25 AM         #69
kronik414  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
some of these posts are k!llin me.
Posted via Mobile Device
 12-18-2009, 10:28 AM         #70
Meatballer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:

my interpretation is that its a brutha who likes to ride a skateboard,but bein that skateboardin wasnt popular among tha brothas he uses tha track to tell us what its like growin up bein different an tha struggles,an at tha end of tha day to do ya own thing wether its cool or not.not 1 drug reference in that damn song.lol.yall nerds on here k!ll me
LOL@ You not being bright enough to find a slight metaphor in the song.

I don't completely agree with the poster who broke it down but I do see how it isn't a stretch to see this song as a metaphor.

I bet you though Lupe was referencing bird flu in Streets on Fire right?

Last edited by Meatballer; 12-18-2009 at 10:29 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #71
DJ-Ice_9 
space
space
$258 | Props total: 0 0
 CadillacVyse said:
I see this on two levels.

It can be broken down into a meaning for selling drugs. Very well at that. But then again my n my homegirl try to make the meaning of most songs about s3x. Sometimes you can make of a song what you want. The artist vision will rarely be understood because different things mean different stuff to different people. Someone could spin it a different way and still come of as making sense.
hit the f**kin nail on the head, it's about how YOU interpret it, do any of you personally know Lupe and have asked and confirmed the song is also about hustling? Every song is open to interpretation, you can interpret it in a way not even close to what the artist was trying to convey.
 8 years ago '04        #72
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
 deLeet said:
Some people are not built for rap music
this is a real a.ss statement
 8 years ago '09        #73
messy marv stan 4536 heat pts4536
space
space
$54,144 | Props total: 67681 67681
stop listenin to complex songs from boring rappers....no wonder why eastcoast heads r always confused
 8 years ago '07        #74
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Meatballer said:
LOL@ You not being bright enough to find a slight metaphor in the song.

I don't completely agree with the poster who broke it down but I do see how it isn't a stretch to see this song as a metaphor.

I bet you though Lupe was referencing bird flu in Streets on Fire right?
can u read/
tha metaphor is to keep kickin an pushin against bein normal.he's lettin tha listner know this is what i went thru an its cool to be different.if u aint neva sold a drug how tha fugg u gonna know or even a.ssume thats what he referencin

street on fire?lol neva even heard it.only songs i eva heard was superstar an kick push
 8 years ago '07        #75
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,328 | Props total: 1124 1124
the threadstarter.. would give him hate if it was still possible.. good look on shoutin out a song from the GOAT but maw lost by taking 3 years to comrehend and still gets the wrong interpretation of the song...
 12-18-2009, 04:31 PM         #76
Meatballer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
can u read/
tha metaphor is to keep kickin an pushin against bein normal.he's lettin tha listner know this is what i went thru an its cool to be different.if u aint neva sold a drug how tha fugg u gonna know or even a.ssume thats what he referencin

street on fire?lol neva even heard it.only songs i eva heard was superstar an kick push
Bruh, it ain't a stretch to make that connection if you take into account what he said at the beginning of the song....

And this one right here
I dedicate this one right here
To all my homies out there grindin' (ya know what I'm saying)
Legally and Illegally

Grindin'..... come on man. It's not hard to see that dude was not just referencing rails in the park especially when you hear the exact next line in which says "legally and illegally"

Now listen to the song just from that perspective. I can see how people can make the connection, although not as whacky as dude in this thread did.

Last edited by Meatballer; 12-18-2009 at 04:34 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #77
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,206 | Props total: 11809 11809
 Lil Jay said:
oh yea enlighten us

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #78
eza 
space
space
$3,686 | Props total: 1 1
lupe was biting murs lupe doesnt even skate
 12-18-2009, 05:36 PM         #79
KhadijaQueen  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow. He admitted in the intro. "This goes out to all the homies out there grinding. Legally and...illegally." And you're just now stating this?
 8 years ago '08        #80
LegalTrappeRx 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,703 | Props total: 91 91
 KhadijaQueen said:
Wow. He admitted in the intro. "This goes out to all the homies out there grinding. Legally and...illegally." And you're just now stating this?
aren't U tha same one that made a thread about just getting tha meaning of an old Lupe song?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
36 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
35 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
193 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
86 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy