funny how lupe went over ya'll heads in 'kick push'

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
210 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL New England Patriots (10-2) @ Miami Dolphins (5-7) Official Game Thread
150 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '09        #21
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,392 | Props total: 5096 5096
that song on nba live 07??
 8 years ago '08        #22
lifetimez 
space
space
$2,807 | Props total: 0 0
LOL @ this thread.
 8 years ago '04        #23
slimyellow 4 heat pts
space
space
$13,111 | Props total: 1150 1150
im pretty sure threadstarter just figured this out today...
 8 years ago '08        #24
The Fifth KD 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,477 | Props total: 1268 1268
No it's not.
 8 years ago '06        #25
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
Why you so mad, though? lol
 8 years ago '05        #26
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,420 | Props total: 25052 25052
 slimyellow said:
im pretty sure threadstarter just figured this out today...
....Or Google Showed Him The Way. All This Time,He Thought "I dedicate this one right here To all my homies out there grindin' " Mean Skating At Late Nights Or Playing Tony Hawk

Its Been 3 Years and You Just Now Sharing This? You Still Got Bape Hoodies Too Huh?
 8 years ago '08        #27
The Fifth KD 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,477 | Props total: 1268 1268
Ok somebody break down line for line how it's all one big metaphor for drug dealing. Not just off some shout out to those "grinding legally and illegally" but some actual lyrics......
 12-17-2009, 02:27 PM         #28
deLeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Some people are not built for rap music
 8 years ago '05        #29
meercy|m 
space
space
$9,374 | Props total: 471 471
 Get it Right said:
I guess people wasn't listening to the beginning when Lupe said, "I dedicate this one right here
To all my homies out there grindin' (ya know what I'm saying) Legally and Illegally." What more do you want from Lupe? You want him to drop names?
 8 years ago '06        #30
smoothlikebutta 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,616 | Props total: 1756 1756
 Scion69 said:
Mane dat song is about skate boardin.And thats it...Nothin else....First verse He Learned how to skate,Second Verse he got a girl friend....Third verse Friends
A n*gga with the name scion69 is not a viable source..
 12-17-2009, 02:51 PM         #31
$h0wtym3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Wiki said:
"Kick, Push", the album's lead single, is about a young male and his love for skateboarding.[29] The lyrics follow the skateboarder through many stages of his life such as his childhood, finding love, marriage, and adulthood. Although the literal meaning of this song is skateboarding, the actual meaning of the song is rejection, and being criticized for doing what one loves

I got that from Wikipedia, and Wikipedia never lies.
 12-17-2009, 07:56 PM         #32
Kudafi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 javi1989 said:
Lupe said in an interview that the song is about a particular dude from a skate shop in Milwaukee... You're looking way too deep into s**t.
Lol @ ya'll tryna look smarter by sayin' "yeah, we been knowing this"

ain't about no drug dealing.. All ya'll reaching. and the intro was just a shoutout.

If it really was about drug dealing it woulda been similar to Gotta Eat. That's straight up metaphorical about drugs.

Lol @ all ya'll thinking ya'll got it figured out but are actually just reachin'/tryna look smart.
 8 years ago '05        #33
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,395 | Props total: 1 1
Really??? Damn.. I thought he was just a big Tony Hawk fan.
 12-17-2009, 08:37 PM         #34
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Fifth KD said:
Ok somebody break down line for line how it's all one big metaphor for drug dealing. Not just off some shout out to those "grinding legally and illegally" but some actual lyrics......
Let me give you my interpretation of the lyrics.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
First got it when he was six
Didn't know any tricks
Matter fact
First time he got on it he slipped
Landed on his hip and bust his lip
He started when he was young, and he wasn't good at "grinding." First time he tried, he slipped. Now I don't know why he "slipped and busted his lip," some older kids could have stuck him up. You remember in Boyz N Da Hood, when those older kids took the football from those kids. I'm guessing he was put in one of them situations. These lines are hard to translate to hustling, but some lines have "hustling" written all over them.

Brand it, since his first kickflip he land it
Uh
Labeled a misfit, abandoned
Ca-kunk, ca-kunk, kunk
His neighbors couldn't stand it, so
Remember in Biggie's song Juicy, when Biggie said, "this song is dedicated to all the people that lived above the buildings that I was hustlin' in front of that called the police on me when I was just tryin' to make some money to feed my daughters?"

He was banished to the park
Started in the morning wouldn't stop till after dark
Remember when Big L said, "On 139 and lennox ave. there's a big park, and if you're soft. don't go through it when it gets dark?" Really, who skates in a park, all night?

My man got a lil older became a better roller (yea)
No helmet, hellbent on k!llin' himself, was what his momma said
The word "roller" was a dead give away. When has a skateboarder referred to themselves as becoming a better "roller." Now "roller" could mean anything, he became a better "weed roller," a "high roller," I just know that word has more meaning to it. All we know is, he got better at what he was doing.

Now that he's better, he got a girl, his girl is clapping in the crowd because she likes what he does. This is similar to most drug trade stories, you start off a nobody and then you work you way up the ladder.

Yea uh, yea, yea
Before he knew he had a crew
You starting to see the picture? He has a crew now.

They would Push, till they couldn't skate no more
Office building, lobbies weren't safe no more
Remember Rick Ross had the hit song, "Push It." He was talking about moving (selling) cocaine. The word "push" is commonly used in the Hip Hop genre as a reference to selling drugs. These guys got so big, it wasn't safe to sell in the buildings, maybe the cops were on to them. This is similar in the skate world, if you sell/skate some where for too long, it's only a matter of time until you're noticed, and being harassed.

When things got crazy they needed to break out (they'd head)
To any place with stairs, any good grinds the world was theirs, uh
Remember when Biggie said, "She was forced to kick me out, no doubt, then I figured out Nick's went for twenty down south"" When thing got crazy in their own place, they found better grinds, Biggie's grind was heading down south, he could buy from upstate and go down south to double or triple his money.

That's just a quick break down, but it gets much deeper, at least that's what I got out of the picture. But only Lupe can break every line down. But I wouldn't be surprised if some line are just thrown in randomly just to make a good song, he's definitely comparing both world.

Last edited by Sam Rothstein; 12-17-2009 at 08:40 PM..
 12-17-2009, 08:40 PM         #35
Dhazedg  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
for anyone who didnt get it first time around, just step back and leave hip hop alone. Thank you.
 8 years ago '06        #36
NYC-Banga 107 heat pts107
space
space
$13,521 | Props total: 3461 3461
you arent serious are you?...
 8 years ago '07        #37
CadillacVyse 943 heat pts943
space
space
$27,639 | Props total: 16730 16730
I see this on two levels.

It can be broken down into a meaning for selling drugs. Very well at that. But then again my n my homegirl try to make the meaning of most songs about s3x. Sometimes you can make of a song what you want. The artist vision will rarely be understood because different things mean different stuff to different people. Someone could spin it a different way and still come of as making sense.
 12-17-2009, 08:55 PM         #38
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xyz11scorp21xyz said:
no offense to you sir, cause you obviously put a bit of work in to this, but this was one of the dumbest ways i've ever heard anybody explain this, stop trying to act like you know so much about the drug game

oh and you had me cracked up when you started talking about "weed roller" wtf is that, if anything you should have said, roller, like rolling on e, but weed roller and high roller lmao
If you read the post you would know that I didn't say, "I know the drug game." I knew someone would come in here and say something about "me not knowing anything." That's why I decided to quote other rappers, so you really can't say I don't know anything because I'm not the primary source. And the things I did say I know are common knowledge, I don't think I'm smart. But feel free to bash me, but if you think you can explain it better go ahead.

And it's obvious you didn't read the "rolling" paragraph because I clearly said, " I don't know what Lupe is talking about here." All I know is, what ever he was talking about, "he got better at it."

Last edited by Sam Rothstein; 12-17-2009 at 08:58 PM..
 12-17-2009, 09:09 PM         #39
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xyz11scorp21xyz said:
i wasn't trying to bash you, i just thought you were gonna drop some knowledge, cause you're right, it is a big metaphor for the drug game, but not how you wrote it, lupe isn't trying to make every single line a national treasure type mission, you just gotta look at the song as a whole, and what he says about skating, you can relate to being a hustler
Well from the start I said, "this what I got out of it." I mean, we all can relate our own stories to it, there is no wrong or right, as long as you know the big picture he's getting at. I was just stating my thesis, you might not agree with it.

And again, you missed the part at the end where I said, "But I wouldn't be surprised if some lines are just thrown in randomly just to make a good song." I know all the lines can't be translated into some metaphor.
 8 years ago '08        #40
lifetimez 
space
space
$2,807 | Props total: 0 0
Do people realize that there can be multiple interpretations for one song?

f**k it, it's the hip-hop spot
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
82 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
62 comments
21 hours ago