Lil Wayne - Rebirth (2009)

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
116 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
89 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What You Think Of Lil Wayne's "Rebirth"?
5 Mics: LIL WAYNE CLASSIC...HE KILLED THE ROCK SCENE 45 13.39%
4 Mics: This Album Is Hard,Its Growing On Me 66 19.64%
3 Mics: Average Album By Lil Wayne 54 16.07%
2 Mics: Rock? Rock? Is He Crazy,This Is Okay 32 9.52%
1 Mics: I Birth This Shit To The Recycle Bin 139 41.37%
Voters: 336. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #1
17267 pageviews
142 comments

Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,445 | Props total: 25128 25128
Lil Wayne - Rebirth (2009)

Tracklist
------------
1. American Star (Feat Shanell)
2. Prom Queen (Feat Shanell)
3. Ground Zero
4. Da Da Da
5. Paradice
6. Get A Life
7. On Fire
8. Drop The World (Feat Eminem)
9. Runnin’ (Feat Shanell)
10. One Way Trip (Feat Kevin Rudolf)
11. Knockout (Feat Nicki Minaj)
12. The Price Is Wrong

142 comments for "Lil Wayne - Rebirth (2009)"

8 years ago '09        #2
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,393 | Props total: 5103 5103
1/5

Its A Bad Look For Hip Hop That The Supposedly "The Best Rapper Alive" Drops A Rock Album He Should Have Just Scrapped This And Just Dropped Carter 4
 8 years ago '08        #3
HF-Blade 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,236 | Props total: 695 695
far far far better than i expected

but not up to "that" level if you know what i mean.
 8 years ago '04        #4
wh¡teboy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,375 | Props total: 15 15
decent.

i can't believe he gave us less than 60 min of music. you know he had more tracks recorded he didnt put on the album. why i dont know...
 8 years ago '05        #5
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,728 | Props total: 2217 2217
Its aite. hes got really hot a.ss tracks on here like Ground Zero and Drop The World, and hes got the ehh tracks like Get A Life and Knockout. But this is a straight up rock cd aimed at the whiteboy market, if u not feeling rock u not going to be feeling this. and where the f**k is "Spit in ya Face"?? i liked that song alot.
 12-16-2009, 07:15 PM         #6
Galaxy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Most of the tracks are really dope, Get a life and the price is wrong seem like the white people singles but maybe they'll grow on me, rest is dope.

LOL @ THE FACT ALOT OF STUPID n*ggaS THINK THIS IS A RAP ALBUM AND ARE GOING TO RATE IT AS SUCH WHEN IT'S HIS ROCK TYPE ALBUM

My Favourite tracks atm:

American Star
Ground Zero
Paradice
On Fire
Drop the World
Runnin
One Way trip
Knockout

MTV co-signs Rebirth:

Last edited by Galaxy; 12-30-2009 at 07:25 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #7
teh truth 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,186 | Props total: 38 38
downloading right now
 12-16-2009, 07:24 PM         #8
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 wh¡teboy said:
decent.

i can't believe he gave us less than 60 min of music. you know he had more tracks recorded he didnt put on the album. why i dont know...
I understand you want more songs but more songs doesn't = a great cd. He could have put 20 tracks but those 8 extra tracks could suck and you'd then complain about that. lol.

I believe The Ramones, punk rock band, had a cd that was like 20mins long and it's considered one of the great cds of that time.

Last edited by DarkSidesHero; 12-16-2009 at 07:27 PM..
 12-16-2009, 07:27 PM         #9
domo360206 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4 mics.
 8 years ago '04        #10
unmarkeddollaz 
space
space
space
$773 | Props total: 0 0
better than i expected, not a classic, but its decent.
 8 years ago '04        #11
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
$3,003 | Props total: 1 1
I like all genres of music, and rating this as a rock album, it's STILL a.ss. Nice try, but it just doesn't "sound" right, if you know what I mean. He didn't take the rock genre and put a Wayne twist or feel to it. He took the most generic sounding rock music and sang and whined through autotune over it. It just sounded REALLY BAD. There are 3-4 good tracks, but overall it just sounds like bad rock - like that kind of rock where when you hear it, it sounds like all the other generic crap. The best rock bands have a special sound that sets them apart from everyone else. You know it's them when you hear it.

Popularity has gone to his head. He's reached that point where he thinks everything he does is going to be great. This s**t was like when Jordan went to play baseball.
 12-16-2009, 07:42 PM         #12
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DTownPistonsFan said:
I like all genres of music, and rating this as a rock album, it's STILL a.ss. Nice try, but it just doesn't "sound" right, if you know what I mean. He didn't take the rock genre and put a Wayne twist or feel to it. He took the most generic sounding rock music and sang and whined through autotune over it. It just sounded REALLY BAD. There are 3-4 good tracks, but overall it just sounds like bad rock - like that kind of rock where when you hear it, it sounds like all the other generic crap. The best rock bands have a special sound that sets them apart from everyone else. You know it's them when you hear it.
Seems like you were expecting him to have some headbanging rock with guitar solos, double bass drums...maybe you just expected too much from it.
 8 years ago '04        #13
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
 DarkSidesHero said:
Seems like you were expecting him to have some headbanging rock with guitar solos, double bass drums...maybe you just expected too much from it.
I didn't really have any expectations other than a twist on modern rock - something new with a Lil Wayne twist to it. "Generic" is really the best way to describe this. I mean, if you're a huge rock fan and not picky about it, then you'll like this. It's just that when I listen to something other than hip hop, it's got to have a sound to it that catches my ear and makes me feel like it's different than what everyone else in that genre is doing.
 8 years ago '04        #14
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
Here's my summary of how I feel about this album:

"Lemme just take the most generic sounding rock beats and sing over them horribly in autotune. It'll be great cuz I'm Weezy F. Baby." It's not. His popularity has gone to his head. Everything he does isn't great, and he just proved that. Like I said, it's like when Jordan went to go play baseball. He thought cuz he was Jordan, he'd be great at everything. He was humbled, then he came back to the NBA and won 3 more titles. I honestly can't even see hardcore rock fans liking this. I could be wrong though. (Doubt that.)
 8 years ago '04        #15
wh¡teboy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,375 | Props total: 15 15
 DarkSidesHero said:
I understand you want more songs but more songs doesn't = a great cd. He could have put 20 tracks but those 8 extra tracks could suck and you'd then complain about that. lol.

I believe The Ramones, punk rock band, had a cd that was like 20mins long and it's considered one of the great cds of that time.
i really only like half the songs on the album. i decipher music when i listen... but if i played this for my people (which i will later) i bet 1 outta 3 don't like it. i listen to music but most people skim thru it yaknowwhatimean? hands down the best track is "Drop The World". Wayne should've at least scrapped the punk-like songs and gave us more like the list below

My fav songs from the album (so far)

1. Drop The World (i don't have to explain)
2. Paradice (sort of like a rock ballad. deep song)
3. On Fire (i already hear this playin for the hoes on the poles)
4. One Way Trip (this aint a rock song... just has live instruments. hot flow)
5. Runnin' (good track letting fans know hes a person like everyone else)
6. Da Da Da (beat breaks down hot on the hook. the bass rides. hot Cool and Dre prod.)
7. American Star (good way to start a rock album)

Last edited by wh¡teboy; 12-16-2009 at 07:53 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #16
Willbballin 
space
space
$503 | Props total: 7 7
hmm...i wanted to hear this ..props
 8 years ago '04        #17
black ice 2003 
space
space
$2,641 | Props total: 13 13
"I Birth This s**t To The Recycle Bin"
^^^^^
this s**t need to birthed to tha toilet
 8 years ago '06        #18
capo504 1 heat pts
space
space
$735 | Props total: 720 720
Ground Zero>>
 8 years ago '04        #19
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
 wh¡teboy said:
i really only like half the songs on the album. i decipher music when i listen... but if i played this for my people (which i will later) i bet 1 outta 3 don't like it.
Not saying you're doing this, but just because someone doesn't like this album doesn't mean they don't "get" it, or that they're not "listening" because it's not rap. It is possible that it could just be a wack album. lol
 12-16-2009, 08:26 PM         #20
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's really less than 1 Mic.

It's sad when "prom queen" is the hardest rock song on the album. Wayne took the Blink 182 sound and ran with it, creating some terrible f**king music along the way.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy