most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
50 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #181
EddieDaDon 
space
space
$481 | Props total: 11 11
R.I.P. C. Henry! Ya just never know when its ya time man..Never take life for granted ppl, cause you'll never know when it's ya time real talk.:frown: The main ppl affected by this are the children, so you know you gotta feel bad for them too..

Last edited by EddieDaDon; 12-17-2009 at 09:41 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #182
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,057 | Props total: 18822 18822
He didn't make it....damn....

rest in peace Chris....rest in peace....
 8 years ago '04        #183
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
Damn....RIP
 8 years ago '04        #184
kb2602 
space
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 28 28
 Young Forever said:
Hopefully she gets charged...
she needs to be charged to the full extent
 8 years ago '06        #185
youngral 
space
space
$6,650 | Props total: 629 629
Damn thats crazy. Just when everything was etting better for him. I liked how hard knocks showed how far he had come.

R.I.P
 8 years ago '05        #186
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,218 | Props total: 15776 15776
First Mcnair, now this dude....there has to be more to story then what were getting.
 12-17-2009, 09:45 AM         #187
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow this is really sad.....
man something should be done about these crazy ho's......
its not fair that we just breathe on em and they can call and get us for domestic violence
what about all this stupid s**t they bust?
cmon now man....its like if this b**ch k!lled him
 8 years ago '06        #188
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,057 | Props total: 18822 18822
jesus, still can't believe it....

rest in peace....

what a way to go man...sometimes this world is truly puzzling to me man....
 8 years ago '08        #189
VerbalAssassin 100 heat pts100
space
space
$16,096 | Props total: 2717 2717
Damn, dude is the same age as me..........that's seriously f*cked up how he lost his life. RIP to a fellow 83 baby.
 8 years ago '07        #190
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
RIP CH...had the physical attributes minus the speed to be a star
 8 years ago '06        #191
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,485 | Props total: 14767 14767
damn R.I.P.
 8 years ago '07        #192
Avon_Barksdale 4344 heat pts4344
space
space
$42,483 | Props total: 56007 56007
I hope the media don't just point out the bad things he did in his life like they always do to people, I hope people talk about how great of a football players he was and not the things he did off the court and it's sad because he was changing his life around.

R.I.P

Chris Henry
 8 years ago '04        #193
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2965 2965
he was tearing it up in the preseason too, thought he was gonna break out this season...just terrible news. R.I.P.
 8 years ago '07        #194
FeedTheBeast 22 heat pts22
space
space
$13,314 | Props total: 8562 8562
I feel for his kids......they lost their father and it might be the mother's fault. Thats gonna be some hard schitt to deal with.
 8 years ago '05        #195
Sivraj 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,941 | Props total: 10834 10834
Real sad man real sad RIP. Duke was starting to become a compliment receiver for chad and the whole team man. Life isn't promised we shouldn't take it for granted.

48 - 18 STRK: 3 w in a row WIN PCT: 72% 38 (+1) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 20-14, Rank #101 | Aug 16: 163-114, Rank #57 | Aug 15: 638-305, Rank #25 | Aug 14: 350-224, Rank #32 | Aug 13: 442-331, Rank #18 | Aug 12: 1015-657, Rank #9 | Aug 11: 2019-1239, Rank #4 | Aug 10: 1992-1221, Rank #6 | Aug 09: 767-342, Rank #8 *
 12-17-2009, 09:59 AM         #196
Young Forever 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Henry, 26, dies day after dispute
Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services
League Stunned By Henry News
Adam Schefter talks about the league's reaction to the death of Bengals WR Chris HenryTags: NFL, Cincinnati Bengals, Chris Henry

Learn More » Report a bug » Feedback »
League Stunned By Henry News

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry has died, one day after falling out of the back of a pickup truck in what authorities described as a domestic dispute with his fiancee.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said Henry died at 6:36 a.m. Thursday. Henry was 26.

Henry
Henry

Henry was rushed to the hospital Wednesday after being found on a residential road "apparently suffering life-threatening injuries," according to police.

Police said a dispute began at a home about a half-mile away, and Henry jumped into the bed of the pickup truck as his fiancee was driving away from the residence.

Police said at some point when she was driving, Henry "came out of the back of the vehicle." They wouldn't identify the woman, and no charges were immediately filed.

Police spokeswoman Rosalyn Harrington said homicide detectives have been a.ssigned to the case but had no further information. Police have not released the 911 tapes, and Harrington wouldn't say if the woman was present at the scene when police arrived.

Henry is engaged to Loleini Tonga, and the couple has been raising three children. Tonga's MySpace page identifies herself as "Mrs. C. Henry" and has a picture of her next to a person who appears to be Henry. She also has a post from Tuesday talking about buying wedding rings. A neighbor said Wednesday that the Tonga family owns the home where police say the incident began. Charlotte is home to his fiancee's parents.

Henry was away from the team after breaking his left forearm during a win over Baltimore on Nov. 8. He had surgery and was placed on season-ending injured reserve following the game.

Throughout his career, his temper and poor decisions got him in trouble.

He was ejected from a game and suspended for another at West Virginia, where former coach Rich Rodriguez told Henry that he was an embarrassment to himself and the program. His reputation was already costing him -- the Bengals were the only NFL team to bring him in for a pre-draft visit in 2005.

They found that his demeanor didn't match his reputation. Henry was shy and spoke in a quiet voice. They warned him that he had to stay in control if he was going to stay in the NFL. Then, they picked him in the third round.

In a sense, it was already a second chance.

"I'm worth the chance," Henry said, when he showed up the following weekend for a rookie minicamp. "I'm just happy they took me."

Henry become a vital part of the offense as a rookie, helping the Bengals reach the playoffs in 2005 with his ability to run past defenders to grab long passes. In the final month of the season, he also showed his other side, getting arrested for marijuana possession. After a playoff loss to Pittsburgh, he was arrested on a gun charge in Florida.

Henry and former Tennessee cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones became the league's two most trouble-bound players. Commissioner Roger Goodell suspended both in 2007 -- Jones for a full season, Henry for half of it -- as part of a toughening of the league's conduct policy.

When Henry was arrested for a fifth time following that season on an a.ssault charge, the Bengals decided they'd had enough. At his arraignment on April 3, 2008, Municipal Court Judge Bernie Bouchard called Henry "a one-man crime wave." He was released by the Bengals the same day.

It was a jolt to Henry, who had dreamed of an NFL career since high school, when he got the NFL logo tattooed on the back of his right hand. No team showed an interest in bringing him back. His career seemed finished.

Then, Bengals owner Mike Brown -- who refers to himself as "a redeemer" -- changed his mind and gave him another chance.

"If you only knew him by hearsay, you'd think he's some kind of ogre," Brown said, during the Bengals' appearance on HBO's "Hard Knocks" series this summer. "It's not true. He's a good person. When you see him up close, you'll find that you'll like him. He'll be a soft-spoken, pleasant person."

This time, Henry seemed determined to stay out of trouble. After only 19 catches and two touchdowns in 12 games in the 2008 season, he set about making himself a top-flight receiver again. He got into top shape and worked out with teammates in the offseason, showing more resolve than at any point in his career.

Henry also changed his personal life, spending more time with his fiancee and the children they are raising. Teammates noticed a pronounced change in his demeanor.

"He's a great kid with a great heart," quarterback Carson Palmer said as training camp started. "He's changed his life around. He ran into some trouble, made some bad decisions, and realized that. He's sorry for them, apologized for them, and has done everything he can to make himself a better person. I'm just proud of him."

Before the 2009 season, Henry got a new tattoo that matched his new outlook. Below his left ear, in flowing one-inch script, was the world "Blessed."

"I kind of felt like I dug myself out of the hole and started doing the right things," Henry said in an interview with The a.ssociated Press as training camp opened. "People say, 'How you feeling now Chris? You doing all right?' I just tell them I'm blessed. That's why I got it."

He caught a touchdown pass in each of Cincinnati's four preseason games. A thigh injury slowed him early in the season, and he had 12 catches for 236 yards -- his 19.7-yard average per catch leads the team -- when he broke his left arm during a win over Baltimore on Nov. 22, ending his season.

When he showed up in the locker room for the first time since surgery to fix the fracture, Henry sounded confident he could get through the latest setback.

"It just comes with time, you know?" he said. "I learned to handle all situations, so I'll be all right."

The Bengals (9-4), in the midst of their best season since winning 11 games in 2005, lead the AFC North. They visit the San Diego Chargers on Sunday.
 8 years ago '09        #197
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
wow rest in peace
 8 years ago '05        #198
Gotti211 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,721 | Props total: 6 6
Damn R.I.P. Chris Henry

"one day your here baby and then your gone"
 8 years ago '07        #199
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
wow that s**t is crazy rip

i didnt even know he was that close to where i was
 8 years ago '06        #200
made in the bay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,269 | Props total: 161 161
r.i.p. such sad news...

10 - 5 STRK: 1 l in a row WIN PCT: 66% 76 (+2) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 7-2, Rank #112 | Aug 16: 3-2, Rank #333 | Aug 14: 2-1, Rank #490 | Aug 10: 6-5, Rank #613 | Aug 09: 3-1, Rank #220 | Aug 08: 26-13, Rank #234 *
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
46 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
23 hours ago