Lil Wayne - Rebirth: Official Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #101
NorthNorthReppa 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,663 | Props total: 475 475
I like it. The hoes will too.
 8 years ago '07        #102
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
 DoMieD said:
Worst album Ive ever listened to :wow: :wow:

:banghead:
cosign....

i hate lil wayne, and came in here seeing a lot of positive...so i thought what the f**k Il DL

:rollla ugh:

Do people understand this isn't music...this is trash.....wow AUTOTUNE IS NOT ROCK
 8 years ago '06        #103
capo504 1 heat pts
space
space
$736 | Props total: 731 731
wayne murderED Ground Zero... damn
 12-16-2009, 07:24 PM         #104
Galaxy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rofl @ haters, Kanye did a full album in autotune...what are you talking about? This wasn't even full autotune.
 8 years ago '08        #105
LegalTrappeRx 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,703 | Props total: 91 91
 KCK said:
I love rock music (there is a s**tload of rock music that is better than rap these days, it seems) and I think this sucks. First off, this is not rock music. It (and it hurts me to say this, because I usually like Wayne) sounds just about as... manufactured (that's a perfect word to describe it) as this month's newest American Idol reject album. Kinda like a hip-hop Daughtry album, comparatively.

One thing Wayne has been doing well over the past two or three years is going in his own lane. Even if it doesn't connect, it still is usually rather interesting, just because it's so... weird. But he took the Rolling Stone slob-job, calling him a true "rock star" and ran with it. Plus the drugs. It's the only explanation for this train wreck.
I know this isn't real rock, but I mean I guess this was his best attempt at it
 12-16-2009, 07:26 PM         #106
will_revis2008 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh yeah the two bonus tracks "die for you" and "so over you feat. Shanell" are really good
 8 years ago '12        #107
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,988 | Props total: 1259 1259
 Galaxy said:
Rofl @ haters, Kanye did a full album in autotune...what are you talking about? This wasn't even full autotune.
STFU you piece of s**t d*ck rider...

808s and Heartbreaks was a masterpiece, and I hate Kanye and auto-tune..

This is nothing but COMPLETE f**king bulls**t..

Your just blinded by Wayne's c*ck in your face.

Wayne aint made good music since Carter 2.5... hop off his d*ck and stop riding his music just b/c your in love with him f**got.
 12-16-2009, 07:28 PM         #108
Galaxy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lol @ the same haters in this thread, they dl the album listen to it, then come back to hate as usual. You must really have nothing better to do than to post if every thread of Waynes, *thinks of Mariah Careys obsessed* lol. My expections for Rebirth were really low, it was just Wayne making an album for himself basically, but it was alot better than i thought it was gonna be. Theres some really dope tracks on here. Now onto C4
 8 years ago '06        #109
capo504 1 heat pts
space
space
$736 | Props total: 731 731
Ground Zero>>>>>>>>
 8 years ago '07        #110
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
 Galaxy said:
but when he does!.............wow horrible, and whats with this pardice song??? does anyone understand him on Paradice???? WTF IS HE SAYING THE FIRST TWO VERSE'S

AND OH MY GOD AT GET A LIFE:jawdropping:
 8 years ago '08        #111
LegalTrappeRx 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,703 | Props total: 91 91
 Galaxy said:
Lol @ the same haters in this thread, they dl the album listen to it, then come back to hate as usual. You must really have nothing better to do than to post if every thread of Waynes, *thinks of Mariah Careys obsessed* lol.
I know one thing... If an album is released by an artist that I don't like, I don't even waste my time downloading and listening to it

That's a waste of time to do that, then to go in a thread about it and say that's it's wack just because U hate a man that U don't even know personally
 8 years ago '05        #112
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,735 | Props total: 2230 2230
Damn did yall listen to Ground Zero??? That song is fire.
 12-16-2009, 07:31 PM         #113
Galaxy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WorldsGreatest said:
I know one thing... If an album is released by an artist that I don't like, I don't even waste my time downloading and listening to it

That's a waste of time to do that, then to go in a thread about it and say that's it's wack just because U hate a man that U don't even know personally
EXACTLY, watch Mr Snowman DoMieD ShadyVsEminem Young shotta and all the rest of them who spend hours each day hating way post hate in here because they literally have nothing better to be doing lol. Maybe hating Wayne makes them feel better about themselves.
 8 years ago '12        #114
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
 Galaxy said:
EXACTLY, watch Mr Snowman DoMieD and all the rest of them post hate in here because they literally have nothing better to be doing lol. Maybe hating Wayne makes them feel better about themselves.
Your a f**king dumbass..

I liked Tha Carter I, II, 2.5 and Dedication 2... and the Lousianna Mixtape.. and why would I listen? B/c I use to be a fan, until he started making s**t music... and he's been making s**t music for over 3 years now... and this is s**t music too..

Why do you feel the need to defend him in every thread? Get a life kid.
 12-16-2009, 07:34 PM         #115
Galaxy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DoMieD said:
Your a f**king dumbass..

I liked Tha Carter I, II, 2.5 and Dedication 2... and the Lousianna Mixtape.. and why would I listen? B/c I use to a fan, until he started making s**t music... and he's been making s**t music for over 3 years now... and this is s**t music too..

Why do you feel the need to defend him in every thread? Get a life kid.
What a suprise hes back lol.
 8 years ago '04        #116
j0hncena 90 heat pts90
space
space
$11,073 | Props total: 1559 1559
Mr 50 Posts Per Day Galaxy At It Again I See

i herd a couple tracks so far autotune n rock mixed
 12-16-2009, 07:35 PM         #117
KCK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fly or Die said:
I wish people wouldn't focus so much on pigeonholing music into certain genres and accept it for what it is. Just like Cudi's album. Stop focusing so much on labeling it and accept it for what it is...
It's not about pigeonholing at all.

It's about good music vs. bad music. Rap artists have dipped into rock and vice versa in the past and made some great music. This is just really bad. This is just as mechanical and manufactured as any other pop album of this era, and anytime he's not rapping, Wayne is just bad (and stoned).

P.S. Cudi can't rap, but his album was great because he was surrounded by great production that fit the theme of his album almost entirely and he wrote consistently great hooks.

This album is a failure because the musicianship is almost nonexistant. Aside from a couple tracks (the one with Travis Barker being an obvious exception), it's obvious that the music is almost all computer-programmed (so the "rock" theme goes out the window). And when he's not rapping, Wayne just warbles, autotunes nonsense, and sounds stoned - a disturbing trend throughout the majority of his work over the past two years. There aren't very many good hooks, not any obvious successful singles, and the songwriting is pretty much atrocious.

Like I said before, there's a reason why Universal has sat on this record for a good sixth months and released three different singles. It's because it is a disaster on just about every level. It's rare when an artist as singularly successful as Wayne isn't pushed to the forefront of a label's release schedule. It's even more rare when he's pushed back three or four times. It's because the label smells a piece of s**t. And now, after listening to this two times, I think we know why.

Didn't mean to write an essay, didn't want to just come in here and hate and not explain why (which happens far too often on this site, it seems).
 8 years ago '09        #118
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,396 | Props total: 5104 5104
 Fly or Die said:
Then why did your punk a.ss go to the ratings thread and give it a 1 out of 5 n*ggas like you always f**king up the ratings threads with your hate
Just Like You Keep Sayin Maino Is Wack And You Haven't Heard More Than Hi Hater
 8 years ago '12        #119
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space

[pic - click to view]

lil n*gga defends Wayne like it's his job
 8 years ago '09        #120
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,396 | Props total: 5104 5104
 Fly or Die said:
Rating an album you didn't even listen to
Damn You Stalkin Me...WTF??
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy