Greatest Director Of All Time...

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
41 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
38 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Greatest Director Of the past 30 years...
Steven Spielberg (E.T., Indian Jones SAGA) 19 15.57%
James Cameron (Alien, Titanic) 13 10.66%
Ridley Scott (Gladiator, Black Hawk Down) 6 4.92%
Martin Scorcese (The Departed, Taxi Driver) 40 32.79%
Peter Jackson (King Kong, Lord Of The Rings SAGA) 1 0.82%
Tim Burton (Edward Scissorhands, Big Fish) 3 2.46%
Quentin Tarentino (Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction) 13 10.66%
Michael Mann (Heat, Miami Vice) 1 0.82%
Bryan Singer (Apt Pupil, The Usual Suspects) 0 0%
Clint Eastwood (Million Dollar Baby, Mystic River) 1 0.82%
Ang Lee (Broke Back Mountain, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon) 0 0%
Ron Howard (A Beautiful Mind, Da Vinci Code) 0 0%
M. Night Shyamalan (The Sixth Sense, Signs) 1 0.82%
The Coen Brothers (No Country For Old Men, O Brother, Where Art Thou) 5 4.10%
Steven Soderbergh (Solaris, Traffic) 1 0.82%
Sam Raimi (A Simple Plan, The Gift) 0 0%
Hayao Miyazaki (Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke) 1 0.82%
David Cronenberg (A History Of Violence, Eastern Promises) 0 0%
The Wachowski Brothers (The Matrix Saga) 0 0%
George Lucas (Star Wars) 1 0.82%
OTHER... 16 13.11%
Voters: 122. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #41
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,778 | Props total: 14589 14589
 Sammyboi22 said:
No..He drags on movies forever and then drops the surprise ending on you at the end that makes you "think". They really arent that good. The village was by far the worst movie I have watched. The happening is 2nd cause people died in some crazy ways. Other than that I would rather watch AI for the rest of my life.
AI wasn't bad either just long as hell. You really didn't have to think at the end any of M. Night's movies. It was already out in front of you.

Last edited by TH35; 12-16-2009 at 01:38 PM..
 8 years ago '09        #42
Ms Ambitious 249 heat pts249
space
space
$8,395 | Props total: 7107 7107
If we talkin the last 30 years I would have to say Speilberg

ET, The Color Purple, Indiana Jones movies, Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, Catch me if you can, etc.
 8 years ago '09        #43
Ms Ambitious 249 heat pts249
space
space
$8,395 | Props total: 7107 7107
 thehogue... said:
AI wasn't bad either just long as hell. You really didn't have to think at the end any of M. Night's movies. It was already out in front of you.
And depressing as hell lol
 8 years ago '06        #44
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,783 | Props total: 2279 2279
Kubrick shouldnt be mentioned for the last 30 years he only had 2 good movie which was Full Metal Jacket and the Shining.

My top 3 all time regardless of era:

1. Scorsese
2. Sergio Leone
3. Alfred Hitchcock

Last edited by modalee; 12-16-2009 at 01:41 PM..
 12-16-2009, 01:57 PM         #45
tipt420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow... some of those name should definately not be in the list.
 12-16-2009, 02:19 PM         #46
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
Hitchcock would take a big s**t on Bergman and he would admit that.
Actually, no he wouldn't...

Bergman on Alfred Hitchcock:

"I think he's a very good technician. And he has something in Psycho (1960), he had some moments. "Psycho" is one of his most interesting pictures because he had to make the picture very fast, with very primitive means. He had little money, and this picture tells very much about him. Not very good things. He is completely infantile, and I would like to know more - no, I don't want to know - about his behavior with, or, rather, against women. But this picture is very interesting."

By the way, as to my own opinion, as good as Hitchcock was(Vertigo is incredible), Bergman just as an artist, s**ts all over him... I mean was there ever a single truly personal theme in a Hitchcock movie?... C'mon Son.
 8 years ago '05        #47
meepos 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,551 | Props total: 26 26
his body of work aint that huge, but Michel Gondry is my dude.
 8 years ago '06        #48
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
Hitchcock>>>Bergman

thats a fact
 12-16-2009, 02:24 PM         #49
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:
Hitchcock>>>Bergman

thats a fact
Why is it a fact?... Because you say so?

Show me where it's a "Fact".
 8 years ago '06        #50
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
Its a fact based on their filmography and impact on film. Ive never heard anyone say Bergman is better than Hitchcock thats an absurd statement.
 8 years ago '05        #51
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,834 | Props total: 4102 4102
 thehogue... said:
What pissed you off? Only reason why ppl most hate the village is because they were mislead which I think is funny.
What pissed me off? Well...

*takes a deep breath*

Everything about it was just bad. I cannot think of a single good thing in that movie. The acting was terrible... Adrian Brody acting like a retarded manchild just annoyed the living sh*t out of me. And, I swear to God, Bryce Dallas Howard cannot play a blind character convincingly at all. All she does is look up. I mean... what the f*ck is that?!

The cinematography was atrocious with these long 70's cop show style zoom in shots that were just ugly. Nothing was scary about the movie. And then, when they wanted to try and do something scary, they would have loud noises play randomly that has nothing to do with the film at all. And there's the musical score, what has to be the worst soundtrack for a movie I have heard in a long time.

And then, it leads us to this climax that nullifies the rules of that particular universe that it tried so hard to explain to us. It's like M. Night got so tired of trying to sell us on this premise, that he just gave up and said "f*ck it", so he could insert an obligatory twist ending so he can coast to the end of the movie. It's one of the laziest, most god-awful piece of sh*t endings I have ever seen. I hate that f*ckin movie so much. I literally felt like k!lling somebody when the credits rolled.
 8 years ago '04        #52
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,983 | Props total: 4325 4325
For me it would be...
1. Scorsese
2. Kubrik
3. Tarantino
4. Eastwood
5. Fincher
6. Spielberg
7. Coen Brothers
8. Nolan
Posted via Mobile Device
 12-16-2009, 02:46 PM         #53
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:
Its a fact based on their filmography and impact on film. Ive never heard anyone say Bergman is better than Hitchcock thats an absurd statement.
Based on their Filmography?

"Winter Light"
"The Seventh Seal"
"Persona"
"Cries and Wispers"
"Wild Strawberries"
"Through A Glass Darkly"
"Scenes From A Marriage"
"The Virgin Spring"

Hitchcock is f**ken with that? Man gtfoh... Matter of fact, let me take that back, because it is all about personal taste. So let me just say that I disagree... As I don't want to get into a long dispute about this... Maybe you prefer or are more impressed by suspence, where as I find that making a truly personal film, not to mention several incredibly personal films one after the other, is a greater feat...

And as to having never heard anyone say Bergman was better, I'll share a few with you...

Woody Allen on Bergman: "Probably the greatest film artist, all things considered, since the invention of the motion picture camera."

Paul Schrader on Bergman: "I would not have made any of my films or written scripts such as Taxi Driver had it not been for Ingmar Bergman... What he has left is a legacy greater than any other director.... I think the extraordinary thing that Bergman will be remembered for, other than his body of work, was that he probably did more than anyone to make cinema a medium of personal and introspective value."

Ang Lee on Bergman: "For me the filmmaker Bergman is the greatest actor of all. His vision and his filmic force, the thing that the Frenchmen call auteur. What Kurosawa and Fellini also have Ė but to me Bergman is number one!"

And I don't have a direct quote, but Kubrick also held Bergman in the absolute highest asteem... A company he did not put Hitchcock in.

David Lynch holds Bergman in higher asteem.

Robert Altman held Bergman in higher asteem.

And of course, you can add me to the list of having said it.

Last edited by Illstreet; 12-16-2009 at 02:58 PM..
 12-16-2009, 03:36 PM         #54
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:
Kubrick shouldnt be mentioned for the last 30 years he only had 2 good movie which was Full Metal Jacket and the Shining.
And? Those 2 as a combo beat out many of these directors whole career. People are naming M. "twist" Knight that tells it all.

The Shining is still a top 5 of the past 30.
 12-16-2009, 03:40 PM         #55
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
Actually, no he wouldn't...

Bergman on Alfred Hitchcock:

"I think he's a very good technician. And he has something in Psycho (1960), he had some moments. "Psycho" is one of his most interesting pictures because he had to make the picture very fast, with very primitive means. He had little money, and this picture tells very much about him. Not very good things. He is completely infantile, and I would like to know more - no, I don't want to know - about his behavior with, or, rather, against women. But this picture is very interesting."

By the way, as to my own opinion, as good as Hitchcock was(Vertigo is incredible), Bergman just as an artist, s**ts all over him... I mean was there ever a single truly personal theme in a Hitchcock movie?... C'mon Son.
Bergman was a writer, Hitch wasn't you idiot. Hitch was a director so personal themes can't be used as a measuring stick. Psycho was done in low budget as a homage to 50's B horror and in turn created the slasher genre.

Hitchcock is one of a kind, from 1925 to 1976 the man helped support the golden age of cinema.
 8 years ago '04        #56
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,983 | Props total: 4325 4325
 smokeweed101. said:
And? Those 2 as a combo beat out many of these directors whole career. People are naming M. "twist" Knight that tells it all.

Seriously. I can't think of a more formulaic director than that dude. He f**king sucks.
Posted via Mobile Device
 12-16-2009, 03:44 PM         #57
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
Based on their Filmography?

"Winter Light"
"The Seventh Seal"
"Persona"
"Cries and Wispers"
"Wild Strawberries"
"Through A Glass Darkly"
"Scenes From A Marriage"
"The Virgin Spring"

Hitchcock is f**ken with that? Man gtfoh... Matter of fact, let me take that back, because it is all about personal taste. So let me just say that I disagree... As I don't want to get into a long dispute about this... Maybe you prefer or are more impressed by suspence, where as I find that making a truly personal film, not to mention several incredibly personal films one after the other, is a greater feat...
Seventh Seal, Strawberries, and Virgin Spring are awesome no doubt about it, but you are comparing Sweden's best to one of Earths best, I agree with dude above and we never do but there is too much Hitchcock classics to even debate with you over this.

The title is about the past 30 years, if you want to turn off subject I can list several directors from or outside US that are better than Bergman last 90 years.

Actually I will

Alfred Hitchcock
Kurosawa (no explanation needed if you watch film, tell me he isn't personal and I gotta list of films waiting)
Fritz Lang
Federico Fellini
Roman Polanski

I would stick Bergman in there as a possible 5th but you are stretching his skills.

Last edited by smokeweed101.; 12-16-2009 at 03:50 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #58
ImamThug187 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,623 | Props total: 8 8
just came here to say that I dont understand why Quentin Tarentino is even considered a good director and why he even makes movies

after I saw his inglorious bastards Jewish fantacy movie I think hes a even bigger waiste of oxygen
 8 years ago '06        #59
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
 smokeweed101. said:

I agree that the Shinning is one of the best movies of the past 30 years and Full Metal Jacket is my favorite Kubrick movie next to the Shinning but Eyes Wide Shut was just so damn bad imo its really ended his career like Jordan on the Wizards. My original comment was for Kubrick being mentioned as the best for the last 30 years which I cannot agree with for said reasons. All time hes top 3-4 imo. I never liked Space Odyssey, Clockwork Orange, or Dr Strangelove but Paths of Glory, The k!lling, Shinning, Full Metal Jackets, and Spartacus are some of my favorite movies.

Last edited by modalee; 12-16-2009 at 03:50 PM..
 12-16-2009, 03:53 PM         #60
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ImamThug187 said:
just came here to say that I dont understand why Quentin Tarentino is even considered a good director
You can't ignore his first two movies, but as a whole I would have to agree he isn't a top director or even a great one consistently at all. His last movie isn't even worth mentioning.
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
34 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
70 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
93 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
92 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
129 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
241 comments
2 days ago