NFL Week:13 Eagles vs Giants game (avy bet)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
166 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
46 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '09        #781
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
 Cee4our said:
and he had those 2 sweet fumbles...1 of which was his own dumb fault 100% for not slidin
although that call really could have gone either way, i f**kin know if he would have gotten up and ran for a td they would have said he was down by contact.
 8 years ago '08        #782
Head2DaSky 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,062 | Props total: 14 14
 Ricky Towel said:
although that call really could have gone either way, i f**kin know if he would have gotten up and ran for a td they would have said he was down by contact.
I thought the ground caused the fumble...still kinda do Refs be under the hood watchin highlights from other games.
 8 years ago '09        #783
space
space
 Head2DaSky said:
I thought the ground caused the fumble...still kinda do Refs be under the hood watchin highlights from other games.
the ground caused it, but that wasnt the issue, the issue was whether or not the eagles defender is what caused him to go to the ground. like i said call could have gone either way.
 8 years ago '07        #784
24/7foamz 
space
space
$14,797 | Props total: 451 451
man eli still shouldve got his a.ss up with the quickness and jumped on that ball and not even a.ssume that s**t was down.maybe im nitpicking because im tight but once again thats coaching,just like on the mcflurry fumble yea the whistle is blown but no giant player decides to pick the ball up and just run with it?! you work on that in training camp
 8 years ago '08        #785
Head2DaSky 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,062 | Props total: 14 14
 24/7foamz said:
man eli still shouldve got his a.ss up with the quickness and jumped on that ball and not even a.ssume that s**t was down.maybe im nitpicking because im tight but once again thats coaching,just like on the mcflurry fumble yea the whistle is blown but no giant player decides to pick the ball up and just run with it?! you work on that in training camp
Should have just slid like Peyton
 8 years ago '09        #786
space
space
 Head2DaSky said:
Should have just slid like Peyton
he normally does slide, thats why i was of the opinion the eagles defender did cause eli to go the ground.
 8 years ago '07        #787
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
 24/7foamz said:
i thought that s**t was strange too

when training on defense ur taught to go straight for the ball and they were saying they practiced it in training camp so i was a lil surprised, tho it wouldnt have mattered
 12-14-2009, 01:59 PM         #788
Young Forever  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ricky Towel said:
he normally does slide, thats why i was of the opinion the eagles defender did cause eli to go the ground.
Man dude took three full steps after dude touched him...he clearly went down on his own cause he was about to get lit up by sean jones who was comin in hard at him
 8 years ago '07        #789
24/7foamz 
space
space
$14,797 | Props total: 451 451
 Syphernix said:

when training on defense ur taught to go straight for the ball and they were saying they practiced it in training camp so i was a lil surprised, tho it wouldnt have mattered
coaching staff is just dumb.

EX #1
why coughlin called a timeout on the next play for the refs to review if it was a fumble? its not like any giants player picked up the damn ball! smh

o yea next play mcflurry and frail jackson bombs they weak zone

EX#2
the nicks catch on the sideline that was bobbled.eli rushing everybody up too the line before the eagles can challenge the play.what the coaching staff do? decide to wanna subsititue a player in the game! really coughlin?! what if that play was overturned?! f**king dumbass
 8 years ago '04        #790
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 Young Forever said:
Man dude took three full steps after dude touched him...he clearly went down on his own cause he was about to get lit up by sean jones who was comin in hard at him
The same Jones who disappeared when he saw Hixon running at him
 12-14-2009, 02:36 PM         #791
Young Forever  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tazbk said:
The same Jones who disappeared when he saw Hixon running at him
Man all i could do was just shake my head in disbelief at that play. :disdain2:
 12-14-2009, 02:49 PM         #792
StateZFinest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
tough loss... but our playoff hopes aren't dead yet.

i don't mind philly taking the division... giants don't do s**t with homefield anyway.
 8 years ago '09        #793
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82
space
space
$10,450 | Props total: 8557 8557
 StateZFinest said:
tough loss... but our playoff hopes aren't dead yet.

i don't mind philly taking the division... giants don't do s**t with homefield anyway.
we're ROAD WARRIORS word.
 8 years ago '09        #794
space
space
 Syphernix said:

Coughlin said he asked his defense and the team Monday morning why no one scooped up the loose ball on what was ruled a forced fumble by Osi Umenyiora late in the first half. The ball came out of quarterback Donovan McNabb’s hand and off the fingertips of Michael Boley, but when it hit the ground, none of the Giants grabbed it.

Boley thought it was an incomplete pass. Rookie Clint Sintim started to make a move for the ball but said after the game he thought he heard a whistle blow the play dead. But Coughlin didn’t hear a whistle and couldn’t believe none of the players picked the ball up.

“No matter where the ball goes, if it’s on the ground, even if it’s a thrown incomplete pass, we pick it up and run with it. Why didn’t somebody do that yesterday?” Coughlin said, adding: “Somebody come in and scoop the ball up, run to the end zone as you’ve been taught from day one. let the officials correct it; let them bring it back. There’s another opportunity to neutralize that fumbled touchdown earlier.”
Source:
 8 years ago '09        #795
space
space
Despite the fact that Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson is a known home-run hitter, the Giants let him run free in the Giants secondary -- most obviously on his 60-yard touchdown in the third quarter that put Philadelphia back on top for good.

The Giants were supposed to be in cover-2, but safety Michael Johnson was watching backup tight end Alex Smith and stayed too shallow on his half of the field. Safety Aaron Ross tried to come over from the opposite half of the field and was almost able to make a play, but Jackson shouldn’t have been left so wide open.

“To me it’s an awareness thing,” Coughlin said. “Why in the world we’re stuck on this back-up tight end coming off, instead of the knowledge of where this guy is? He’s the one guy that can hurt you, wherever he is on the field. That’s a good question.”
Source:
 8 years ago '07        #796
KING*TITO 46 heat pts46
space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 332 332
Look, desean jackson did his thing.. He's an animal!! I'll give you that.. At least theres only one team we can't own in our divison.. The rest (cowboys,redskins) HA, we own ya!!! :dancingcool:
 8 years ago '04        #797
Collapse 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$773 | Props total: 0 0
LOOK ! at the end of the day..giants fans can hate the eagles all that want..but u gotta respect them..now as far as the cowboys..that can be all around 100 percent hate lol
 8 years ago '06        #798
bigmike5115 
space
space
space
$1,572 | Props total: 50 50
was at the game..first game ever..was so fcking intense it was unbelievable!!! rivals..division game..sunday night football..both teams had to win..AND my team won...turned out to be a great game..records were set..240 ticket didnt seem bad at all at the end of the night lol..will never get mad at another false start penalty again after hearing how loud that crowd is in person..the videos i took were crazy
 8 years ago '09        #799
space
space
GAME BALLS
QB Eli Manning. A stellar performance that would have been even better if the Giants’ receivers, particularly WR Hakeem Nicks, could catch the ball. Manning was outstanding last night. We haven’t seen him that on point against a good defense since Week 2 in Dallas. I challenged him on Friday and he delivered exactly what I said this team needed. Too bad the defense didn’t have such a leader.

RG Chris Snee and LG Rich Seubert. The Giants’ running game is dependant on great guard play and they got it last night. These two were excellent in the running game.

LB Jonathan Goff
. His first career INT should have been a game changer, but it wasn’t because Manning fumbled the ball right back on an ugly head-first slide. If Manning goes feet first there, the play is dead and there’s no fumble. I do think the officials made the right call on the replay challenge. Manning went down because of a bad cut, a wet field and his giving up to avoid a hit – not because of DT Brodrick Bunkley’s hand on his jersey.

DE Osi Umenyiora. Update on his stats: six sacks – four of which are forced fumbles. Hey, at least he’s efficient.

Offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride. I'll have a few thoughts on the third-and-5 draw play, but before you question this one (and I know you will), remember these numbers: 512 yards and 38 points. That's enough to win. Way plenty, actually.

WR Steve Smith. He broke Amani Toomer's single-season franchise record for receptions. And now, he has three games left to absolutely shatter it.

Eagles WR/PR DeSean Jackson. Amazing how a few character concerns can push a guy who looks like he should have been a top 10 draft pick into the second round. How did this guy get away from so many teams?

Philly QB Donovan McNabb. Funny, I wrote a story two years ago that he might have been facing the Giants for the last time as an Eagle because there was a lot of talk he’d be leaving Philly soon. Two years later, I still don’t think that talk is warranted.

Eagles QB Michael Vick. It’s amazing how much different this guy looks than he did early in the season. I knew there would be an adjustment period, but when I saw him early on, I thought it would take him more than a season to round into form. Well, he’s ahead of schedule. And when you have a guy like that at your disposal, that’s when I’m okay running this Wildcat-type stuff. The only problem is if he keeps this up, the Eagles won’t have him as their No. 2 because another team will want him as their starter this off-season. But for now, I’ve finally found a gimmick offense that’s okay by me. Never thought I’d say that.

Eagles WR Reggie Brown. This guy has been labeled a bust, but he played very, very well last night in place of the injured Jeremy Maclin, who will be out a few weeks with another foot injury. Brown had two catches for 31 yards and should have had a few more because he was open a couple of times (including twice deep) and McNabb either didn’t see him or overthrew him. He also had a terrific block on Vick’s touchdown run.

GASSERS
Defensive coordinator Bill Sheridan and his a.ssistants. I realize players are making mistakes coaches are telling them not to make, but the Eagles’ offense was able to score quickly or score slowly, play a standard scheme or play a misdirection/trickeration/Wildcat scheme, run the ball or pass the ball and, go deep or run short crossing routes. It was total domination and they appeared to be toying with the Giants. Once again, it starts at the top. And at this point, I’m continuing to wonder what kind of finish Sheridan would have to have here to save his job.

The Giants’ pass rush. Yuck.

WR Mario Manningham. You know, I can’t tell you how many times as a beat writer I do a story about something I believe will be a key to a game only to have it not even be a factor. But every now and then, this blind squirrel finds a nut like this. Manningham has got get those feet down on both would-be catches in the end zone and must start playing better football near the sidelines. And Cris Collinsworth was absolutely right on the first one: Manningham should I have pushed CB Sheldon Brown inside to show the slant and then run the fade. As Gilbride said when I asked him about Manningham’s sideline plays, one way to combat the out-of-bounds issues is with better moves and breaks off the line to create more of a buffer on the outside.

Safeties Michael Johnson and Aaron Ross
. Johnson was to blame for Jackson’s touchdown. He came up to cover TE Alex Smith – he of the two catches for 22 yards this season – instead of staying deep to make sure Jackson didn’t get going. Tough to k!ll him because he’s playing out of position, but once you’re a starter, you’re under the microscope. He bit hard on a play-action fake on the Eagles’ first drive to allow Jackson’s 32-yard catch.

P Jeff Feagles. I’m always k!lling this team for playing scared of returners, but Jackson is one guy they should have been scared of kicking to.

Eagles safeties Quintin Mikell and Sean Jones. Mikell is a good player, but Sunday night wasn’t his best effort. He let Nicks off the hook twice with back-to-back illegal contact penalties, didn’t touch TE Kevin Boss when he was down after making a catch off a deflection and then missed a tackle on Nicks’ 68-yard touchdown. As for Jones, I’ve seen some horrendous tackle attempts this season, but his “tackle attempt” on WR Domenik Hixon’s TD was the worst I’ve seen. It looked like he was playing flag football there. Yeah, not a good night for safeties on either team.

SECOND-GUESSES
I just can’t get over this third-and-5 draw play late in the game. I thought for sure that was going to be one that was changed at the line. But there was Tom Coughlin after the game fully admitting that was the play call. Your quarterback was on point, the game was a shoot-out and your running game hasn’t exactly been dominant this year. So that’s what you call? Can’t understand that. Nor can I grasp how Manning could say that was the “perfect” play call. I don’t want to hear it after you go for no gain in a spot like that.

The Giants did such a good job with the “floating” defensive front last week against the Cowboys. Sunday, they whipped it out only twice and one time sent just three rushers on the play. Somebody tell Sheridan the element of surprise and what LB/DE Clint Sintim called “organized chaos” doesn’t work unless you bring enough guys to put pressure on the other team’s line. Also, both times he called it were during the Eagles’ two-minute drill at the end of the first half. Sheridan said last week his rushers should have been in a regular line set in the two-minute drill against the Cowboys. So why was it called there?

I understand the officials have a tough job, but what would lead line judge Ron Marinucci to signal an incomplete pass from long distance when two officials closer to the play ruled Umenyiora had forced a fumble on McNabb? How could he think he had a clear view of that one? I’m sure he saw the ball go forward and thought McNabb had started his throwing motion, but often that doesn’t mean the ball wasn’t already coming loose.

Now, having said that, the Giants’ players need to pick up that ball no matter what. Former defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo used to have them “scoop and score” on loose balls during practice – no matter what. That concept would have worked well in that spot. (They might still endorse the drill, but I know they don't do it nearly as much and with as much gusto as they did under Spagnuolo.)

A pass to OL Kevin Boothe? Come on. Yes, I’m sure it was game planned for OT William Beatty, but he was busy filling in for injured RT Kareem McKenzie. Sure would have been interesting to see if the more athletic Beatty could have made a play there. Also, note Jones’ half-hearted attempt to cover/knock the ball away on the pass to Boothe. Even he knew it never had a shot.

ODDS AND (TIGHT) ENDS

I was very close to ignoring the drops and giving Nicks a game ball for his positive attitude and bouncing back to make a huge play on his 68-yard TD. But I just looked down at my sheet here and saw four drops for 111 yards plus the play where he went all Sinorice Moss on us by running backward. Can’t do it, Hakeem. Sorry, pal. But good job of bouncing back strong on the TD.

I was just as close to giving Hixon a gasser for his fumbles and for allowing Jackson to get the sideline on his punt return TD. But if I’m going to absolve Nicks, how could I not absolve Hixon for a similar play?

After Nicks’ TD closed the gap to 14-10, I kind of had a feeling the Giants’ defense would come out and start forcing the issue. Instead, we got the opposite. McNabb had all day on the first play – a 23-yard pass to TE Brent Celek - and suddenly the good vibes were neutralized. That’s where you need your defense to take control of a game and the Giants just aren’t getting it right now.

LB Bryan Kehl talked in training camp about being a more physical player. He needed to be much more physical last night. He got blocked in space on Celek’s TD and later missed a tackle on Vick on a third-and-3 Vick converted.

The Eagles did a good job of getting the Giants into a nickel package and then running to the defensive right at Umenyiora for a couple of nice gains, including their second-longest run of the night – a 10-yarder. If you don’t think that was the intent, you don’t know Reid and his crew.

Ah, communication issues. Welcome back. We missed you while you were gone last week. There were several, including one on RB LeSean McCoy’s 8-yard catch in the second quarter. You could see LB Michael Boley trying to signal to Ross to cover McCoy in the flat, but Ross never got there. That should have been a TD and would have been if McCoy had turned around more quickly.

If you have a moment to go back and look at the first offensive play of the second half, watch Eagles DE Juqua Parker school Beatty. Yikes.

How many times have we see the Giants try to run up to the line and get a play off before the opponent challenges? Has it ever worked?

I wonder if RB Ahmad Bradshaw’s foot and/or ankle injuries acted up on the final play of the third quarter. He tried to bounce to the left side but appeared to flinch and looked like he got stuck in the mud there. That’s the first time in the last two weeks he looked banged-up once again. His next carry was the dreaded third-and-5. Again, no explosion. And finally, on a screen pass on the Giants’ final drive, Bradshaw couldn’t get away from DE Victor Abiamiri. We’ll have to keep an eye on that next game.

Anybody want to guess how much that little scrum at the end is going to cost C Shaun O’Hara and Eagles DE Trent Cole? I’ll say $5,000 for O’Hara and $7,500 for Cole. Let’s see if I’m right.

RB Brandon Jacobs
ran with power, but the fumble is a k!ller so he got no game ball. As for his elbow patches, he said Monday he won’t be wearing them anymore. He started wearing them last week against the Cowboys. Two games with them, two fumbles, so he said he won’t be wearing them anymore. The reason he started wearing them was to protect his elbows from turf burn. He’ll explore other options, such as tape only on the back side of his arms.

Boss had a wrap on his left wrist in the locker room on Monday but said he's fine.

And finally, this is nothing new and isn’t rocket science but worth noting: see how much more effective the play-action passes are when you’re running the ball well? The Eagles’ LBs and even the DBs were charging hard and forced to slam on the brakes a few times to no avail. Gilbride wants 3 yards per carry? I say a lot more is needed.
 8 years ago '09        #800
space
space
yeah mike g is my favorite giants beat writer and his game reviews are always very good.
Home      

most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
100 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
60 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
45 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy