Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction: 1.13 Public Beta

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
206 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
255 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
91 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
40 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-11-2009, 01:26 AM         #1
8461 pageviews
42 comments

Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction: 1.13 Public Beta

Yes that's right ... they finally reset the ladder!!

1.13 Public Realms Test Notes

Travel no longer my friends - the Diablo II 1.13 Public Test Realm is LIVE!

Q: How do I begin testing on the PTR?
A: When you start Diablo II change your Battle.net gateway to “ClassicBeta”. When you log in the 1.13 patch will be applied to your game and you can begin testing the changes made in the patch. Since it's a new realm you'll need to create a new account.

Q: I don't see the ClassicBeta realm in my gateway list!
A: Log into one of the other gateways first, then back out and the classicbeta realm will appear.

Q: What if I want to play the normal game again?
A: Simply choose any of the other (non-PTR) gateways. Your game will be reverted to version 1.12 and you’ll be able to play on the live realms as normal.

Q: Where are my characters?
A: The PTR realm is separate from the live realms so your current characters aren’t carried over. You’ll need to create a new character to begin testing. But, cheats are enabled and you may use the following cheats by typing them into chat:
Gold # - Will provide the amount of gold specified
Level # - Will increase your level to the number specified
Waypoints 1 - Will activate all waypoints. You must still reach an act before that act’s waypoints will be unlocked with this cheat.

Q: What happens to my characters once the PTR testing period ends?
A: They remain on the PTR realm to be removed once the test ends. Characters on the PTR realm won’t transfer to the normal realms.

Q: How long with the PTR run for?
A: As long as we deem necessary to ensure the patch and changes are solid.

Q: Where can I give feedback and what kind of feedback do you want?
A: All 1.13 PTR feedback and bug reports should ONLY be posted in the Diablo II Test Realm Forum here:
[pic - click to view]

http://forums.battle...601702&sid=3000

• All post should have a subject line that clearly describes the bug or feedback being given
• Use the search feature to ensure a thread doesn’t already exist before posting
• When reporting a bug include as much information as you can, including steps to reproduce it if possible
• Any non-constructive posts may be deleted and the poster’s privilege to post revoked
• This is a chance for you to ensure the 1.13 patch includes changes and balance tweaks that you think would lead to a better overall experience. Getting the information to us in a clear and logical way helps us understand your view and makes it easier for us to collect feedback for any potential updates to the 1.13 patch before release.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Patch 1.13
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new Mystery has been revealed!

- Players of Hell Difficulty Realm games are hereby warned once again,
that a series of new and challenging tests await you! The answer lies
within Diablo's Bosses, which span across the world from the Den of Evil
to the Throne of Destruction...

Major Bugs

- Fixed an item dupe bug.
- Video improvements for Intel Mac machines with OS 10.5 or greater.

Minor Bugs

- Uber Mephisto now checks for both Uber Baal and Uber Diablo to be k!lled before spawning summoned minions (Before he would only check for Uber Baal).
- The game will no longer stop and then restart the game music after the window loses and then regains focus.
- Fixed an issue where the game window would minimize when running in windowed mode when it lost focus.
- Fixed an issue where the game window wouldn't center properly when it was created.

Specific changes/improvements

- Respecialization is now possible! Completing the 'Den of Evil' quest will now additionally reward 1 free respec which can be saved. Players who have already completed this quest should receive 1 free respec in Hell difficulty.
- Increased the drop rate of high runes.

- Support for blit scaling in windowed mode. The game can now be maximized to the largest 4:3 resolution supported (hooray widescreen users).
- Some rare drop items now have an orange color. i.e. Runes and items required for Uber Tristam.
- Modified the gold bank limit to be a flat cap not bound by level.
- Nightmare/Hell WilloWisps champions/uniques have had their damage greatly reduced.
- Removed the requirements to create a hardcore character.
- Greatly reduced the explosion damage dealt by Fire Enchanted monsters.
- Uber Mephisto and Uber Baal's summoned minions no longer give experience.
- Removed Oblivion Knight's Iron Maiden curse.
- Hellfire Torch Firestorm proc rate has been reduced to 5%.
- Users can now toggle the display of text over the Health and Mana globes by clicking on the bottom area of each orb.
- Updated two Act 5 mercenary names to Klar and Tryneus.
- When creating a single player game, pressing the 'Enter' key now automatically creates a Hell difficulty game if possible.
- When creating a game, each difficulty button is now bound to a unique key: Normal 'R', Nightmare 'N', and Hell 'H'.
- The 'Enter Chat' Button in the battle.net waiting room is now bound to the 'Enter' key.
- Added the windows system buttons to the game window (MIN, MAX, CLOSE).
- Added new command line parameter '-nofixaspect' which allows users to not fix the aspect ratio to 4:3 when maximizing windowed mode. This lets the game 'stretch' to fill your monitor.
- Added support for '-sndbkg' command line switch. This enables sound in background.
- Added support for '-nosound', '-window', and '-windowed' command line options.

Revised Skill balance for Player Character classes

Amazon

-Immolation Arrow - Increased radius of Explosion effect by 33% and Immolation effect by 50%.
-Immolation Arrow - Explosion effect damage increased by 20%.
-Immolation Arrow - Increased base duration by 33%.

Assassin

-Shadow Master - Increased resistance range per point from 5-80 to 5-90.

Barbarian

-Whirlwind - Reduced initial mana cost by 50%.
-Masteries - Changed critical strike chance from 0-25 to 0-35.

Paladin

-Blessed Hammer - No longer ignores resistances of undead and demons.

Druid

-Werebear - Damage bonus increased by 15% across all ranks.
-Werebear - Increased health by 25% and armor by 1% per point.
-Shockwave - Synergy from Maul adds 5% damage per point.

Necromancer

-Blood Golem - Removed negative shared life effect (player no longer loses life when golem takes damage).
-Corpse Explosion - Increased base damage dealt from 60% - 100% to 70% - 120% of corpses health.
-Poison Nova - Increased base damage by 15%.

Sorceress

-Firewall - Synergy receives 1% damage per point of Inferno and Blaze and 4% per point of Warmth.
-Blaze - Synergy receives 2% damage per point of Firewall and 4% per point of Warmth.
-Hydra - Increased base damage by 15% per rank.
-Hydra - Increased base speed of Hydra projectile.
-Hydra - Reduced cooldown by 25%.
-Lightning Mastery - Reduced overall effect by 15%.

They made some big changes.
Respecs, nerfing those annoying hammerdins (pvm at least .. their hammers don't ignore monster immunities), toned down lite sorc damage and gave Druid Werebears some serious boost and most importantly ... INCREASED HIGH RUNE DROP RATES!!!!!

Diablo fans rejoice!

Last edited by Metalzoa; 12-11-2009 at 01:28 AM..

42 comments for "Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction: 1.13 Public Beta"

8 years ago '05        #2
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
a bit too late for me... i'll be back on the diablo wagon after d3 comes out
 8 years ago '04        #3
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,849 | Props total: 2006 2006
^^^^ what he said.

i actually just tried reinstalling via daemon tools about 2 months ago but i must have had a bad torrent or something because i couldnt get the game to run for more than a few minutes and could never get online.
 8 years ago '06        #4
Bman409 20 heat pts20
space
space
$20,405 | Props total: 2476 2476
I used to be big on this back in the day but I got my account banned for no apparent reason and to lazy to rebuild my characters.

But good info on this though I might want to boot it up again if I have time.

What characters ya'll run with? I had a Ice/Cold-Sorc, Smiter, Hammerdin, Zealer, WW Barb, Werewolf Druid, Bone Necro.
 01-07-2010, 10:59 AM         #5
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn I didn't know you were a Diablo fan, Bman. That game stole YEARS from my life.

I like playing oddball builds and making them effective.

- Witch-wild String Strafe Amazon (PvM only)
- Poison Nova Necromancer (PvP only)
- Whirlwind Dual Claw a.ssassin (PvP primarily)
- Dragon Talon (kick) a.ssassin (PvM + PvP)
- Summoner Necromancer (Magic Find / PvM)
- Blizzard Sorceress (Magic Find / PvM)
- Cold Skills Amazon (PvM)

I made tons more but these were some of my most fav successful builds. I HATE Paladins with a passion. So broken. I had tons of failed builds. Typically Druids. I didn't want the standard Hurricane/ summon hybrid that people beast with.
 8 years ago '06        #6
Bman409 20 heat pts20
space
space
 Metalzoa said:
Damn I didn't know you were a Diablo fan, Bman. That game stole YEARS from my life.

I like playing oddball builds and making them effective.

- Witch-wild String Strafe Amazon (PvM only)
- Poison Nova Necromancer (PvP only)
- Whirlwind Dual Claw a.ssassin (PvP primarily)
- Dragon Talon (kick) a.ssassin (PvM + PvP)
- Summoner Necromancer (Magic Find / PvM)
- Blizzard Sorceress (Magic Find / PvM)
- Cold Skills Amazon (PvM)

I made tons more but these were some of my most fav successful builds. I HATE Paladins with a passion. So broken. I had tons of failed builds. Typically Druids. I didn't want the standard Hurricane/ summon hybrid that people beast with.
There's a lot of stuff folks don't know bout me nor what I've done, learn something new everyday.

I usually rushed folks, build my characters and magic find. I hated dueling cause folks catch feelings, steal your gold, etc. I forgot to mentioned that I build a Trap a.ssassin but really didn't like it to much but it was my first build. I think my all-time favorite builds was either my Blizz Sorc or Smiter (I was doing crazy damage).

I always wanted to build a Wind Druid but never had the chance till BNET banned me on some BS, I wonder if my key is still usable after all these years?

I found some old screenshots of my Werewolf Druid stats when I was rushing folks through.

I took this s**t cause it had me all weak when I witnessed it, I swear I couldn't stay in my chair to save my life! I just dropped straight to the floor! I had to log off for like 30mins.

01-07-2010, 02:03 PM         #7
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My first and only Hardcore Ladder character. She made it to lvl 72 and died to lag-spike in Andariel's chamber in hell.

[pic - click to view]

My goldfind Necromancer (I gambled circlets a lot) showing off his gold-drops from a Hell Council run.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Some of his gear (and my OCD arrangement of charms)

[pic - click to view]

Probably one of the most valuable Nec circlets I ever traded for.

[pic - click to view]

Some nice drops:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

They definitely don't make games this good anymore. SMH
 01-07-2010, 02:22 PM         #8
Alexein Aner  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anyone still play? gonna check in tonight, haven't played in a min though.
 8 years ago '06        #9
Bman409 20 heat pts20
space
space
Damn I wish I would've took screens of my builds and inventory. I had runes out the a.ss! Looking at your saved screens though makes me wanna boot it up again. That Necro is poison or bone? My Werewolf Druid Rabies attack was vicious! I had a very nasty built Druid.

But yeah I got the game sitting right next to me, can't find my expansion pack tho so I might end up having to download it and hack it to find a working key.

Real talk tho a built Smiter can not be f**ked with! Smiter and Hammerdin.
 01-08-2010, 10:47 AM         #10
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This necro is my summoner magic find necro. Actually ever since I started playing one I make them as my primary character and then use the profit from his s**t to make my pvp builds. These screens are nothing though .. just random ones on my Photobucket. You should have seen my PvP kicker and my PvP WW sin stats and gear.

Also I'm not a fan of using pub High Runes so I cube up mine for the most part. No hacks, no zpickit, none of those things. I've used them in past times but come to enjoy playing the game the way its meant to. Its harder but more exciting.

That necro circlet was worth at least 5 HR .. got it for a Paladin Combat Grand Charm! Paladins are too easy and overpowered ... not my style. I like challenging characters :)

One more SS lol

Countess being good to me!

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '06        #11
Bman409 20 heat pts20
space
space
Well looking at your Necro screenshots your making me wanna build one, I think I tried to build a poison nova one before but kinda of failed. My successful builds I've created were Blizz/Light Sorc, Smiter and Werewolf Druid.

Eh.. when exactly does D3 come out? I might look into getting a graphics card or something.
 01-08-2010, 11:44 AM         #12
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Summoner Necros are super f**king dope. With the right skills and gear, I just teleport on Hell Baal, cast Amplify damage and go get a sandwich. He's dead by the time I get back.

it's also cheap as hell to build. Typically costs me around a Um rune or Mal rune in value for his entire final set-up. Budget build that kicks a.ss ... can solo and rush people ... yada yada. I don't even use revives ... theres no need.

Nova is amazing for PvP but versus monsters it is a really weak attack skill.

Last edited by Metalzoa; 01-08-2010 at 11:49 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #13
Bman409 20 heat pts20
space
space
 Metalzoa said:
Summoner Necros are super f**king dope. With the right skills and gear, I just teleport on Hell Baal, cast Amplify damage and go get a sandwich. He's dead by the time I get back.

it's also cheap as hell to build. Typically costs me around a Um rune or Mal rune in value for his entire final set-up. Budget build that kicks a.ss ... can solo and rush people ... yada yada. I don't even use revives ... theres no need.

Nova is amazing for PvP but versus monsters it is a really weak attack skill.
Your main attack is corpse explosion isn't it? Do you remember your exact setup for the Summoner Necro build? Stat and skill point distribution, gear, etc. or is there a online guide similar to your build?
 01-08-2010, 12:35 PM         #14
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pretty much remember it by heart ... I've done slight variants of the same construct every ladder for about 3 years. Never really used a guide ... they are helpful for info but you need your build to be something that fits your style of play.

Ill write a breakdown later for my build lol.
 8 years ago '06        #15
Bman409 20 heat pts20
space
space
 Metalzoa said:
Pretty much remember it by heart ... I've done slight variants of the same construct every ladder for about 3 years. Never really used a guide ... they are helpful for info but you need your build to be something that fits your style of play.

Ill write a breakdown later for my build lol.
Hmm.. ok, I might take note of this and get back into D2 but then again how long till D3 is released? No point in going hard on D2 and D3 is right around the corner.
 01-10-2010, 06:00 PM         #16
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Skill Tree Breakdown

Summon Tree

20 Raise Skeleton
20 Skeleton Mastery
x Clay Golem (i put enough to get up to 16 with +skills)
1 Golem Mastery
1 Blood Golem
1 Iron Golem
1 Skeleton Mage
1 Revive
1 Summon Resist

Poison and Bone Tree

1 Teeth
x Bone Armor
x Bone Wall
20 Corpse Explosion

Curses Tree

1 Amplify Damage

The ones with x I go back and buff with extra points. Bone Armor gets a better bonus from pumping Bone Wall and Bone Prison so I max those first.

My gear typically looks like this:

Helm: Shako, Rare FCR Necro circlet
Weapon: Alibaba's Tulwar socketed with resist jewels
Armor: Wealth runeword
Gloves: Chance Guards
Belt: Goldwrap, Rare Resists belt
Boots: Rare Triple resists FRW shoes
Shield: Rhyme runeword in a good necro base head
(+x Raise Skeleton, +x Bone Armor, +x Skeleton Mastery .. those type of skills I need on the nec head. Total +skills should add up to at least +7.

ex.
+3 Raise Skeleton
+2 Bone Armor
+2 Amplify Damage)
Rings: 2 Dwarf star, 1 Dwarf star + 1 Rare resists FCR ring
Amulet: Rare Nec Skills + Resists + FCR, Mara's Kaleidoscope

Resist Charms, Anni, Necro Torch

Act 2 Might aura Merc uses

Insight runeword in an elite polearm
Andariel's Visage socketed with a Ral Rune
Treachery runeword Armor

On switch I keep a Naj Puzzler, for teleport. I have enough gold to recharge it with ease when it runs out thanks to the gold-find gear.
 8 years ago '06        #17
Bman409 20 heat pts20
space
space
How expensive you think your build is? How many HRs?
 01-11-2010, 06:57 AM         #18
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's a budget build. A single HR would cover the costs of the basic gear. When you start tweaking to damn near perfectionist levels in terms of the rare items you can go over-budget real quickly.

For example ... 30 FRW 10 FHR Tri-Rez + mod boots can cost multiple HRs.

I had a 30 Str 80+ life reists belt. Not too expensive (and I crafted it myself so I didn't have to worry about cost), but if it had perfect life or 20 fcr it would cost multiple HRs.

That nec circlet I posted is not even that godly and will still command more than 2 HR on average around the time I got it in the ladder season. If it had 2OS it would have cost more than 6+ HR.

The point is .. be financially efficient. Go for the lowest cost to get relatively same stats. When your money is better, you can upgrade if you really feel the need to.

The very basis of the build should not cost more than an Um or Um + Pul at the very most.
Wealth armor, Alibaba's Tulwar, Naj Puzzler, Chance Guards and Rhyme shield, Peasant Crown hat ...
 8 years ago '06        #19
Bman409 20 heat pts20
space
space
I'll see what I can do.. cause like I said I wanna build that Necro but I don't wanna spend my time on the game to much when D3 is in the works is coming out.

Good info nonetheless, might go ahead and save the text to a text file for later use.
 01-13-2010, 01:24 PM         #20
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No release date for D3, by the way. Seems like its on the back burner till they drop Starcraft 2. And right now they are still announcing delays in Starcraft 2. Don't expect to see this game before Q2 2011 at least.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
181 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
74 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
62 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
46 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
57 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
82 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
23 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Good Guy Brand! George Clooney Gifted 14 of His Close Friends..
42 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy