Rolling Stone's 100 Best Albums/Songs of Decade(Hip Hop Related)

most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
150 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
58 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 8 years ago '06        #61
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,989 | Props total: 4020 4020
 Illstreet said:
"It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp" won and Oscar too... ...

Try Again.

And I'm not saying "Lose Yourself" isn't dope, I'm just saying that using that criteria means nothing.
Stop it. Stop it please. It's really embarrassing.

xyz11scorp21xyz said:
you should have circled the part where it says lose yourself is the most successful rap song of all time
:agreement6:
 8 years ago '08        #62
sasuke-sama313 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,731 | Props total: 64 64
 rawproduct03 said:
LOL list is trash from top to bottom,those people will never understand rap/hiphop music
pretty much
 12-10-2009, 06:58 PM         #63
Halftimee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rawproduct03 said:
LOL list is trash from top to bottom,those people will never understand rap/hiphop music
Word. You can't have Blueprint on there and not have Stillmatic which was clearly the better of the two albums.
 8 years ago '05        #64
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,983 | Props total: 3263 3263
 McGuire said:
And there's a reason you people don't think Rolling Stone covers hip-hop; hip-hop doesn't require a lot of talent and thus doesn't require a lot of coverage. People like Jay-Z and Eminem are on that list a lot because they deserve it, longevity doesn't come without talent.
\.
Ignorance. Hip Hop takes a different TYPE of talent than other genre's of music do..but it doesn't mean it takes minimal talent to rap. Rolling Stones started out as a predominately rock magazine..and that's what it is.

People like Jay-Z and Eminem are on the list because they're mainstream and a magazine/website that specializes in rock music. If they were picking the BEST albums of the decade they would have better hip hop albums, period. Longevity doesn't have anything to do with what the best individual hip hop albums are..not that either Jay-Z or Eminem are the best in that category anyway.
 8 years ago '12        #65
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,988 | Props total: 1259 1259
'Tha Carter III'?? 'A Milli'????

No 'Breathe'??

No 'Trap Muzik'??

Last edited by DoMieD; 12-10-2009 at 08:19 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #66
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
I am hoping the SOurce or XXL or a real hip hop mag does a list like this for hip hop. This rolling stone list is definitely missing these in my opinion: Nas - Stillmatic, Common - Be, and either of Lupe Fiasco's albums
 8 years ago '05        #67
2bigz 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$6,005 | Props total: 1429 1429
 Illstreet said:
Exactly...

So how are you going to condem a list voted on by over 100 Music Artists and Critics as "Trash" because little old you doesn't agree?

You have the right to disagree... But to completely dismiss other peoples opinions because they aren't yours, that welcomes other people to then simply dismiss yours...
Yeah but along with our right to disagree with get the right to dismiss as false, and discuss why our opinion for why we are right.

Now when someone makes a comment that Rolling Stone's list is why hip hop is dying, or something like that, then they put forth an argument which is a.ssumed to be known by everyone, that there is something non-Hip-hop about ths list and there are other unnoticed artists which have done better.
 12-10-2009, 11:37 PM         #68
Quasi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I liked a lot of the albums on that list, esp the top 3 albums. My favorite being The Strokes and Elephant by the White Stripes. Fiona Apple, PJ Harvey, TV on The Radio made the list too. I thought they did a good job.

lol@ all of Kanye's albums making the list. Go 'Ye.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
87 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dragon Ball FighterZ Jump Festa 2018 Trailer
39 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
215 comments
2 days ago