{-=The Official PS3 Support Thread=-}

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
90 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
61 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
102 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-05-2010, 09:36 PM         #41
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 restless4207 said:
ya the sony guy at the store was useless... said it would cost me a lot to fix it and tis not worth it... i pretty much told him to f**k himself and give me the number so i could talk to someone useful...

im going to gamestop after work to see if they have any options...
havent checked craigslist yet but i will for sure...

yaaaa i last backed up all my s**t when i suped up my hard drive... but that is a full system ps3 back up... and im not even sure if i still have it.... if i was to use that i would need the thing to power on anyway... or a new ps3... i always tell myself to back up regurlarly but never happens and then well ya you know the rest lol

seriously just considering paying someone to fix it... or trying to do it myself... as long as it powers on for f**king 5 minutes i should be able to get the s**t i need AND GET MY DAMN GOD OF WAR COLLECTION OUT OF THE DRIVE!!! the comments on the guys YLOD fixes all say thank you.. but alot o fthem also say after about a month it died again... thats more than enough time for me to get my saved files - thats all i want... losing backward combatibility will be hurting too but i dont care too much compared to all the other s**t - as a bonus if it continued to work i would have my original ps3

but if when i call sony later the dude gives me better options and its not too much coinage i would rather go the sony route... still scary leaving it in anyone elses hands
if they cant fix it you loose your BC so make sure you are very avid about wanting that feature back if they cant provide it they will compensate you in one way or another ive read stories online of people getting PSN gift cards and codes for games along with qore free for a year etc etc etc
 8 years ago '04        #42
restless4207 
space
space
$2,713 | Props total: 14 14
and my ps3 is back from the dead

backing up like a mad man whenever i finish playin now lol

thanks again TO
lets get some uncharted 2 in - if that is even you, might be da ill one

i always confuse u 2
 01-11-2010, 04:18 PM         #43
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 restless4207 said:
and my ps3 is back from the dead

backing up like a mad man whenever i finish playin now lol

thanks again TO
lets get some uncharted 2 in - if that is even you, might be da ill one

i always confuse u 2
TriangleOffense = TriangleOffense

DIO = Gamersince1976

Glad to hear you got it back and going but I dont have U2 anymore since MP is not my thing
 8 years ago '04        #44
restless4207 
space
space
 TriangleOffense said:
TriangleOffense = TriangleOffense

DIO = Gamersince1976

Glad to hear you got it back and going but I dont have U2 anymore since MP is not my thing

lol ill readd you later i think u deleted me after you added me for skate 2 freestyle activities
f**k i still need to get the plat on that s**t... takes soooo damn long to get legend
did you get all the activities done? f**k if only my buddie had a copy i would just lan it and get them done once and for all

but ya thanks again for your help.. im harsh backing up as soon as im done playing the games nowadays lol but it was a good wake up call for sure

ya i havent played uncharted 2 for a while... game is still crack tho lol
 01-12-2010, 01:47 PM         #45
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 restless4207 said:
lol ill readd you later i think u deleted me after you added me for skate 2 freestyle activities
f**k i still need to get the plat on that s**t... takes soooo damn long to get legend
did you get all the activities done? f**k if only my buddie had a copy i would just lan it and get them done once and for all

but ya thanks again for your help.. im harsh backing up as soon as im done playing the games nowadays lol but it was a good wake up call for sure

ya i havent played uncharted 2 for a while... game is still crack tho lol
I dunno if you were ever on my list or not if you were there are 2 reasons your not. 1- you sent me any spam at all 2- you were inactive for over 2 weeks. and yeah I platinumed skate 2 awhile ago legend went fast since I won almost every round it only took me about 15 hours to get all 5000xp needed for legend

Last edited by TriangleOffense; 01-12-2010 at 01:48 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #46
restless4207 
space
space
 TriangleOffense said:
I dunno if you were ever on my list or not if you were there are 2 reasons your not. 1- you sent me any spam at all 2- you were inactive for over 2 weeks. and yeah I platinumed skate 2 awhile ago legend went fast since I won almost every round it only took me about 15 hours to get all 5000xp needed for legend

i was for a lil bit... skate 2 boosting we never played but you added me from ps3 trophies before when u were getting the legend trophy

ya i need to finish up the skate 2... gonna take a while... those stupid death races etc...
but i have like 13 freeskate activities that need to be done... with a 2nd copy it woudl be so much easier cuz i could just lan it

all good i dont care too much if im on ur friends list or not..

lol damn u platted LBP? aced that last level? your crazy man lol how long did it take you to do that? trine imma get that as well if i can put the time in lol tower of sarek is f**king hard gonna take a while to pass without dying

been playing borderlands that game is pretty fun

anyways back to the thread topic... ps3 support... lol

some games saves you cannot back up, if i did a full system back up would they then be backed up as well? thinking imma get another ps3 soon with the money i saved with not getting sony to repair my YLOD and im wondering if i shud put my current psn account on it as well or just make a whole new one

Last edited by restless4207; 01-12-2010 at 02:58 PM..
 01-13-2010, 07:36 AM         #47
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 restless4207 said:

lol damn u platted LBP? aced that last level? your crazy man lol how long did it take you to do that? trine imma get that as well if i can put the time in lol tower of sarek is f**king hard gonna take a while to pass without dying

been playing borderlands that game is pretty fun
LBP plat was actually really easy the hardest thing was the bubbles because you have to rely on other people for some sections, Trine was a cake walk it took about 15 tries but once you get a good path going on the sarek level you can get to the top in under 2 min switch to your wizard make a triangle and pull up with theif its pretty easy, and borderlands WAS a great game but the community totally ruined that game with all the modding and hacking they have done so unless your playing with friends you know didnt hack or mod anything the game is s**t now

as for your question on the game saves NO they would fail and when you installed the back up onto a new PS3 it would tell you some data could not be copied blah blah blah.
 8 years ago '04        #48
restless4207 
space
space
 TriangleOffense said:
LBP plat was actually really easy the hardest thing was the bubbles because you have to rely on other people for some sections, Trine was a cake walk it took about 15 tries but once you get a good path going on the sarek level you can get to the top in under 2 min switch to your wizard make a triangle and pull up with theif its pretty easy, and borderlands WAS a great game but the community totally ruined that game with all the modding and hacking they have done so unless your playing with friends you know didnt hack or mod anything the game is s**t now

as for your question on the game saves NO they would fail and when you installed the back up onto a new PS3 it would tell you some data could not be copied blah blah blah.
Serious? i didnt know you could f**k around with borderlands? i just play with a homie so we dont ruin the game with noone of that s**t... that sucks man... i have fun playing that game...

LBP the hamster wheel level... s**t i dont know how you aced that man... getting the bubbles isnt too bad cuz i have 4 controllers so whenever i have a couple buddies over i tell them to help me get em lol...

trine i havent played in a minute but i def need to finish up that plat and finally get the tower of sarek done lol

hey my friend bought the GOW collection not too long ago and he said the code for the demo of god of war 3 isnt working for him ahahahahah (sucks for him) do you know if there was a certain date he had to enter this code by? i would be f**king pissed if i was him...
 01-13-2010, 02:17 PM         #49
The Hurt  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anyone no how i can get my ps3 to hook up to my laptop s-video?
 8 years ago '04        #50
restless4207 
space
space
 The Hurt said:
anyone no how i can get my ps3 to hook up to my laptop s-video?
why on earth would you wanna do that???????
S VIDEO!?!??! thats worse than VGA lol

thats so unheard of i dont know how you would go about doing that

HDMI MAN ITS THE ONLY WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
 01-13-2010, 02:45 PM         #51
The Hurt  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 restless4207 said:

its also on my tv i dont got hdmi on my tv

its pretty good graphics im actually surprised
 01-13-2010, 02:50 PM         #52
The Hurt  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 restless4207 said:

i dont no much about this type of s**t but i heard it gets u better graphics

u think i should return my s-video cable bac to the store and find hdmi to s-video?
 01-13-2010, 03:42 PM         #53
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 restless4207 said:
hey my friend bought the GOW collection not too long ago and he said the code for the demo of god of war 3 isnt working for him ahahahahah (sucks for him) do you know if there was a certain date he had to enter this code by? i would be f**king pissed if i was him...
I dont think there was but it may have ended on 12-31

The Hurt said:
i dont no much about this type of s**t but i heard it gets u better graphics

u think i should return my s-video cable bac to the store and find hdmi to s-video?
are you playing on your laptop all the time for some god forsaken reason ? and yes junk the s-video it compresses color quality and is worse than the RGB cables.

Last edited by TriangleOffense; 01-13-2010 at 03:44 PM..
 01-13-2010, 08:50 PM         #54
The Hurt  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TriangleOffense said:
I dont think there was but it may have ended on 12-31

are you playing on your laptop all the time for some god forsaken reason ? and yes junk the s-video it compresses color quality and is worse than the RGB cables.
do u no how to work a ps3 to laptop through an hdmi wire?
 01-13-2010, 10:39 PM         #55
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Hurt said:
http://www.google.com/search?q=hdmi+to+dvi&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
there are other options but this is the least expensive
 8 years ago '04        #56
restless4207 
space
space
 The Hurt said:
 TriangleOffense said:

there are other options but this is the least expensive
still tho man, you need to get a hdtv with hdmi capabilities.. i feel sorry for anyone who is using a ps3 wihtout it being on at least 1080i
 01-14-2010, 11:44 AM         #57
The Hurt  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 restless4207 said:
still tho man, you need to get a hdtv with hdmi capabilities.. i feel sorry for anyone who is using a ps3 wihtout it being on at least 1080i
yeah wat u said bout the hdtv is true but im gonna cop a monitor instead they got better graphics then hdtv does but heres something u dont no right now im using a small 20 by 20 tv and the graphics look pretty good but im still coppin the mon
 8 years ago '04        #58
restless4207 
space
space
 The Hurt said:
yeah wat u said bout the hdtv is true but im gonna cop a monitor instead they got better graphics then hdtv does but heres something u dont no right now im using a small 20 by 20 tv and the graphics look pretty good but im still coppin the mon
true that my monitor is better than my hdtv and looks way better when i have ps3 on there compared to my tv... my monitor is a hdtv and monitor tho and i got it way after i got my hdtv...

but trust me you wanna use the hdmi cable... i dont see how anyone can use a ps3 without it being maxed out to the full potential
 01-14-2010, 12:18 PM         #59
The Hurt  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 restless4207 said:
true that my monitor is better than my hdtv and looks way better when i have ps3 on there compared to my tv... my monitor is a hdtv and monitor tho and i got it way after i got my hdtv...

but trust me you wanna use the hdmi cable... i dont see how anyone can use a ps3 without it being maxed out to the full potential
thas werd! u no any where i could get em cheap?

Last edited by The Hurt; 01-14-2010 at 12:19 PM..
 01-14-2010, 12:25 PM         #60
The Hurt  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
small tvs work pretty good to but notin like hdmi
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
64 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
45 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
37 comments
2 days ago