{-=The Official PS3 Support Thread=-}

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
58 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
234 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
248 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #21
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 jhj26 said:
happened to me, put your settings in manually
i tried to go through the easy setup again and it said my ip address timed out
 8 years ago '07        #22
space
space
 Chimere said:
are you using a wired/wireless connection?
wireless linksys g
 8 years ago '06        #23
dwadeforprez 2 heat pts
space
space
$909 | Props total: 5 5
does anyone have a tutorial of how to fix this? tried googling but couldnt come across a pdf. any help is appreciated.
 8 years ago '06        #24
knaps 
space
space
$346 | Props total: 0 0

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '06        #25
knaps 
space
space
$346 | Props total: 0 0
if u got the $ just send it to sony . i tried this fix and it only lasted about 3 days ...
 8 years ago '06        #26
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,527 | Props total: 949 949
I have a new fatty 160gb ps3.. updated to 3.15, and restored my back up data. but whenever a game has to load and also dl'ing anything from the ps store it is Very SLOOWWWWW. I am on the same wireless network than my initial 60gb and i have the new 160gb set on wireless too. any help suggestions..
 12-24-2009, 11:51 PM         #27
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Game375 said:
I have a new fatty 160gb ps3.. updated to 3.15, and restored my back up data. but whenever a game has to load and also dl'ing anything from the ps store it is Very SLOOWWWWW. I am on the same wireless network than my initial 60gb and i have the new 160gb set on wireless too. any help suggestions..
dont think you can do much about that man if you get a slow DL it may just be bogged down or your connection may be acting up I wouldnt stress it plus you do know you cant DL while playing anything online right anything that makes you sign into a MP server will stop your DL
 8 years ago '06        #28
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,527 | Props total: 949 949
Right, I make sure I dl when I'm idle and chillin and let it turn off when it's done. It was on for a lonnnnng time so I put my tv back on to check the progress. Dl'ing super slow. My 60gb is still hooked up so I dl'ed some things to see. Finished pretty quick.. Same network same dl. Both wifi..maybe some settings? The 160gb is significantly slower dl'ing and syncing anything. Any suggestions.. Merry Christmas!
Posted via Mobile Device
 12-25-2009, 10:44 AM         #29
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Game375 said:
Right, I make sure I dl when I'm idle and chillin and let it turn off when it's done. It was on for a lonnnnng time so I put my tv back on to check the progress. Dl'ing super slow. My 60gb is still hooked up so I dl'ed some things to see. Finished pretty quick.. Same network same dl. Both wifi..maybe some settings? The 160gb is significantly slower dl'ing and syncing anything. Any suggestions.. Merry Christmas!
Posted via Mobile Device
this is the first time Ive heard of this so I got nothing for you except a Merry Christmas
 12-28-2009, 09:37 AM         #30
HULK2184  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Question for everyone!!

I had a buddy that was able to link his ps3 and computer together(im guessing on a network) so he was able to access his music from his PC thru PS3. also he could watch movies off his ps3 from the PC. He has moved so wondering if anyone has any idea how he does this?

Thanks and Many Props
 12-28-2009, 10:45 AM         #31
Alexein Aner  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HULK2184 said:
Question for everyone!!

I had a buddy that was able to link his ps3 and computer together(im guessing on a network) so he was able to access his music from his PC thru PS3. also he could watch movies off his ps3 from the PC. He has moved so wondering if anyone has any idea how he does this?

Thanks and Many Props
he was using ps3 media server.

8 years ago '05        #32
mrmississippi 
space
space
$303 | Props total: 0 0
my 60gb has to be restarted about 25 times before it reads a disc. any help for this?
 12-29-2009, 01:41 PM         #33
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mrmississippi said:
my 60gb has to be restarted about 25 times before it reads a disc. any help for this?
no time to get it fixed no gettin around it you can try the YLOD fix above but it wont be a perm fix
 8 years ago '07        #34
space
space
anyone know anything about the ps3 not being able to obtain my ip address ??
 01-04-2010, 09:46 AM         #35
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 restless4207 said:
has anyone done the ylod fix above before? if so how long did it last for?

f**k my og 60gb ps3 just f**ked up on new years and i dont have warantee
has 500gb hd slapped in and i really would like to revive it - not to mention it f**ked up with god of war collection inside the drive f**k...

wondering if i shud leave it in sonys hands and pay them to fix it, and pray that they return the same one...with my 500gb hd and god of war collection or if i shud try to fix it myself

sooooooooooooooooooo pissed
if you take your chances you are guaranteed your game back but not guaranteed any of your save data. If your feeling froggy you can try to do it yourself or call around alot of local places do fix it now for less than sony charges. Do your research for your area before you make any decisions
 01-04-2010, 11:24 AM         #36
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 restless4207 said:
thanks for the adcvice, i was thinking i might get a 120gb slim for the time being and get them to repair my og. just i dont even want to think about losing all my saved data, and have to re download all that s**t, i want my baby back

gotta think this s**t thru

f**k i hate how the slim looks so damn ugly
it is an ugly little fuker as for your save data you cant redownload that the game data you can but you need to get your account and all other accounts DEACTIVATED off the crashed PS3 to make sure you dont screw yourselfand loose anything youve already bought
 01-04-2010, 04:30 PM         #37
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 restless4207 said:
there is no way for me to deactivate my accounts right now tho without it getting repaired somehow... dammit why does this have to happen to me? i have been nice to sony so much money spent lol

i might ask you for some more advice in the next couple of days when i figure out what the f**k imma do...

seriusly dont know what to do, if i could fix the ylod with the fix above knowing its going to be good to go for longer than a month or 2 then i would... if i knew they would fix my og and repair it back to the way it was before then id pay them 150 no problem lol

f**king decision decisions
if you were in my shoes what what you do triangle? im def going to ask around but i mean would you just buy a nother ps3 while u wait to get the original repaired? soooo annoying
i have never had to deal wiht htis kinda s**t before... i was hoping that was only for xbox kids lol
well I own 4 already so buying another one seems kinda dumb, but if I were in your shoes I would call gamestop and inquire about the used system policy to see if you have the system for 30 days if you can return it for any reason and consider it a very costlly rental while you get yours fixed. My next step would be to contact sony about the issue find out what is available for you to do as far as salvaging any of your info if and when you choose to send the system in. If they do not need to remove the HD your data will be intact but if they do your fooked. Option 3 is find some local info check out anything you can where you can go do a drop off and pick up later in the day, also check out ebay and craigslist for people who can do this.

As for this part its an untested method that I havent had a chance to research yet but you may want to spend some time checking it out.

You can buy decives that allow you to connect an internal sata drive and use it as an external drive while hooked up to a PC. If you can get your hands on one you may beable to view the info on the drive and copy all of your save data folders onto your PC.

How important were your game saves ? I mean are you like me where you have a ton of different incomplete games that you just never finish but keep the data for anyway ? Alot of people view it as a chance to start new with a new name you could always do that as well. you have options so you just need to figure out what one is best for you, if at all possible though sony is the best safest way to do it.

Now for the deactivation of your system sony claims that they will only do it if you have them repair the broken system for you, this is bulls**t. When you call them you need to have your serial number for the broken console and if you do get a new on the number for that one if you can provide the number they will deactivate your accounts on ALL systems they may be on (if you share like a moron this will f**k your friends) they will then apply a secure password that they will email you, from there youll be ready to activate on the new system and play away.

hit me up on PSN if you have anymore ohhhhh uhhhh yeahhh nevermind.
 01-04-2010, 05:17 PM         #38
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 restless4207 said:
thanks for your advice man... you know a lot about your ps3 s**t so i thought i would ask more...

oh and that was a cold cold closing statement - you got me bigtime!

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #39
restless4207 
space
space
$2,713 | Props total: 14 14
that is one nassssty break lol
 01-05-2010, 04:30 PM         #40
TriangleOffense  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 restless4207 said:
i dont even wanna think about all the toher s**t imma lose but there are already a couple major kicks in the balls

i think the biggest being lvl 19 one mission away from the end in fallout 3
over 50 hours put in to that game, and i dont even wanna think about starting fallout 3 over again

uncharted 1 and 2 100% save files gone, that is a pain, dont mind playing the 2nd one for a third time but for a fourth? and uncharted 1 to play it 3 more times would be hialrious

street f!ghter 4, omg, unlocking all tha chars again? doing all the normal trials and some hard ones again? time trials? survival trials? oh man

lbp AGAIN?!?!? all those levels???? almost aced all of them too.... oh joy!!!!

not to mention the other 40+ games i havent even thought of yet
you need to find away to get the system to power on did you look into anything I suggested ? Also it may be a good idea to back up your saves on the reg Im sure you never thought of it before but its a safety precaution I feel all gamers should be taking
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy