Okay...I applied online, now what? Should I call?

most viewed right now
Video inside Whats really going on in Atlanta? Crazy...
71 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Hope it hasn't been posted - The Story of Rick
49 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Meek Mill ft. Fabolous - All The Way Up (Freestyle)
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Mind Blowing fact about GSW - OKC series :whoa: :mindblown: :amazing:
67 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
15925 pageviews
6 comments

mistatnn 
space
space
$4,163 | Props total: 123 123
Okay...I applied online, now what? Should I call?

Wassup yall. Im sure your here in this thread for the same reason as me. Jobless and looking for work!!

Okay so after I apply for a job, should I give the company a call? Should I call them up, ask for someone in the human resource department and speak with them about the position? I always wondered if this was a good thing to do? What should I exactly say when I call? Is this proper etiquette?

Ive had to have applied to about 30jobs in the past 2 weeks and have yet to hear anything back yet. I have a college degree in computer networking so I do have some things under my belt but I have heard from a lot of places I either dont have much experience or I have to much. Like wtf do they really want? lol

Well if anyone has any insight on this subject can you post your thoughts/tips?

Thanks in advance...

most viewed right now
124 comments
top in thotties
top in section
10 comments
top in news
top in section
70 comments
top in movies

6 years ago '05        #2
Poloi3eai2 
space
space
space
$2,985 | Props total: 0 0
Hey man just keep applying and call the day after you apply just to ask if they received it then ask when should you expect to hear something on the status. Also get some certifications under your belt. In the meantime put up ads on craigslist for computer services like home/office networking

6 years ago '04        #3
deziking 55 heat pts55
space
space
$16,686 | Props total: 308 308
what i usually do is if i'm applying for a job online, I would finish the application and then just call that place up right after I finish the application and just ask for the store manager or the HR and follow up on my application. Don't wait a week to follow up on applications.....keep calling them! Waiting around won't do you much.

6 years ago '04        #4
mistatnn 
space
space
$4,163 | Props total: 123 123
what certs should I start off trying to get? im studying for my A+ right now which i think i should breeze through. what should I start to go for next? MCSE? N+?

6 years ago '04        #5
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,058 | Props total: 10 10
personally to be honest, calling isn't going to do s**t, I would recommend actually going up to the company, meeting people, finding out more about what kind of company they are or about there products, etc ... then after doing that mention u have put in your application... this method has actually gotten one of my friends a job... worse case scenario he got a cool a.ss golf partner, when he did it with one company... in places that are private like government jobs u will have to go apply and hope u luck up, and I would advise trying to network, thats why college is important, get to know your people u graduate with and stuff, because they can always provide u with information u might not know...

6 years ago '05        #6
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,217 | Props total: 5 5
 mistatnn said:
Wassup yall. Im sure your here in this thread for the same reason as me. Jobless and looking for work!!

Okay so after I apply for a job, should I give the company a call? Should I call them up, ask for someone in the human resource department and speak with them about the position? I always wondered if this was a good thing to do? What should I exactly say when I call? Is this proper etiquette?

Ive had to have applied to about 30jobs in the past 2 weeks and have yet to hear anything back yet. I have a college degree in computer networking so I do have some things under my belt but I have heard from a lot of places I either dont have much experience or I have to much. Like wtf do they really want? lol

Well if anyone has any insight on this subject can you post your thoughts/tips?

Thanks in advance...

Rule of thumb is to call a day or two after you filled out the app. This is to make sure that they have received it. After that's concerned call them the following week. This lets them know that you're still interested in the job.

6 years ago '04        #7
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,058 | Props total: 10 10
 Jaiden05 said:
Rule of thumb is to call a day or two after you filled out the app. This is to make sure that they have received it. After that's concerned call them the following week. This lets them know that you're still interested in the job.
trust me this is the old method, and 1000s of people are using this same method, people who use same methods as others, find it harder to get a job, people who think actively, and different get jobs, quicker...

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Most will think she's AVG.
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Victoria Cakez just broke the Internet!
188 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside May 24 - Casey Anthony allegedly paid her lawyer with sex
153 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Aries Spears on Key & Peele Not Being Chosen by the Black Community
198 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kendall
162 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside British p0rn stars tell us men common sex mistakes
86 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
May 24 - Baltimore "Chop City' Closing Down, Owners Blame City's Violence
63 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside May 24 - China unveils elevated bus that drives over the TOP of other c..
57 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy