50 Cent has NOT sold more than Jay-Z with his first 2 albums and Ill prove it.

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
47 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #61
QbanLinxx 
space
space
$1,038 | Props total: 45 45
Who cares who sold more records? u thnk jay care?? he got as much money as 50 if not more if you throw B in the mix. EVeryone has there opinion, Jay over 50 any day or night..
 8 years ago '09        #62
BMAN626 37 heat pts37
space
space
$7,461 | Props total: 909 909
 sniper1 said:
wiki was used by dude in this thread, i dont need a source to know that jay has sold more then curtis 'interscope' jackson. But why dont you provide me with a better source, seeing as your going to claim next that 50 has indeed outsold jay with his first 2 albums.
a bleek chill my niggg
 8 years ago '05        #63
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,451 | Props total: 25140 25140
.....50's 5 Albums Doing = 36,652,000+
Jay's 14 Albums Sales = 47,000,000+

50 Kind Of Right. 50 Only Had To Do 5 Albums To Get Them Numbers and Jay Had To Do 14 To Even Reach That. I Must Say 50 Did Do That n*gga's Career.
 8 years ago '05        #64
ghost213 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,521 | Props total: 745 745
2,521,000, "Dynasty Roc La Familia (2000 -)"

1,934,000, "Collision Course" (with Linkin Park)

These 2 albums should be taken away from jay-z sales, they're not solo albums. or if included you would have to include

The 2 G-unit albums and maybe even the soundtrack to 50's sales

Damm 50 has done Jays career in a SHORT space of time, aint this what Jay dissed Nas about LMAO
 8 years ago '07        #65
MELODY 25 heat pts25
space
space
$10,419 | Props total: 1865 1865
Okay so this thread is shifting to "okay, well even though hov has sold more, curly only did it in a short period of time". And your point is what? That n*gga did it off a gimmick dissing everyone in the industry. That n*gga went str8 to the top and the only place to go is down now. Jay will continue to put out quality product and do numbers. This is a marathon not a sprint.
 8 years ago '09        #66
BMAN626 37 heat pts37
space
space
$7,461 | Props total: 909 909
 MELODY said:
Okay so this thread is shifting to "okay, well even though hov has sold more, curly only did it in a short period of time". And your point is what? That n*gga did it off a gimmick dissing everyone in the industry. That n*gga went str8 to the top and the only place to go is down now. Jay will continue to put out quality product and do numbers. This is a marathon not a sprint.
got off 50 d*ck already lame........i went to my b**ches house got buzzed we got ready went to a club....made babys i come home and your still on s**t homie f**k i would understand if it was a week day but its a weekend homie get out go somewhere
 12-05-2009, 07:15 AM         #67
TurreekK  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50's first and second album sold like crazy, can't compare those numbers with the sales from Jay's albums
 12-05-2009, 08:47 PM         #68
1llmatic826  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 darulersback said:
to tell u the truth when was the last time jay really did a worldwide tour? i dont really recall him doing them. 50 did really put a lot of his artist on overseas. i mean look at game going overseas to do shows and when g-unit was together they were always over there doing shows. 50 does outshine jay in the business aspect i also think he outshines him in the music aspect but thats my personal opinion. i think jay is a hater and mad because he opened the door to all these business ventures but when other want to expand or move it further he tries to c*ck block forreal. 50 did expand the hip hop market to being global as did kanye.
You cant be serious! Hip Hop was global before 50 cent!

And Records sales dont mean s**t Vanilla Ice, Mc Hammer, Nelly,

have all sold more albums then ....

Rakim, scarface, big daddy kane, Jadakiss, Styles p, Nas, Busta Rhymes method man, rza, Ghostface, and Krs One

does that mean that Vanilla Ice and Mc Hammer are better Emcee's then the artist that are aforementioned?? yea they sold more records but what does that have to do with street Cred an lyrical skill?
 8 years ago '04        #69
UF4Soldier 127 heat pts127
space
space
$19,053 | Props total: 4769 4769
Man jays point if he was tryna diss 50 was this year the number say 50 is not worth buying and jay-z is thats all bringing up the old numbers is pointless when 50 came out with em and dre he did most of those numbers off that hype alone

not to say the music was trash but he had alotta hype
 8 years ago '07        #70
MELODY 25 heat pts25
space
space
 1llmatic826 said:
You cant be serious! Hip Hop was global before 50 cent!

And Records sales dont mean s**t Vanilla Ice, Mc Hammer, Nelly,

have all sold more albums then ....

Rakim, scarface, big daddy kane, Jadakiss, Styles p, Nas, Busta Rhymes method man, rza, Ghostface, and Krs One

does that mean that Vanilla Ice and Mc Hammer are better Emcee's then the artist that are aforementioned?? yea they sold more records but what does that have to do with street Cred an lyrical skill?
 8 years ago '06        #71
whoismg 
space
space
$885 | Props total: 81 81
i think it would be easier to count RIAA sales which means strictly US....thats really what counts IMO---hence the soundscan...

Last edited by whoismg; 12-05-2009 at 09:06 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #72
javaughn1000 192 heat pts192
space
space
$2,814 | Props total: 3 3
f**k what 50 cent did then....can he sale without beef,can he just off his name do what he did then......f**k NO! IT was proven with Kanye and now since he always talked about sales,like his comment now posted on this threadthe n*gga is a laughing stock,he's reaching...that why i love subliminal s**t it hurt much much more..50 is proven this point to,every interview its about Jay,he sounds more of a b**ch than Beans, trying his best to get people to see his side and nobody gives a f**k ....he over did the beef s**t,its like calling wolf nobody believes his s**t better yet he took the surprise out of the beef s**t...Beanis dissing Jay surprise the f**k out of everybody but 50 made it suspect and the fact bean is still not sign to gunit prove that ...if jay doesnt reply Beanie will never be sign to G unit
 8 years ago '04        #73
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,666 | Props total: 5350 5350
50 aint far from Jay however you wanna spin it .. And yea he had a flopper , but he makes hits and can still push units , no matter what you say .. The dude sold 1 mil in a week , what almost 3 straight times ? !!? I mean cmon , hate on 50 but give him his just due , he made just as much money as Jay in half the time, and not only from owning his own shyt but from investing..
 8 years ago '06        #74
javaughn1000 192 heat pts192
space
space
$2,814 | Props total: 3 3
 Aesop730 said:
50 aint far from Jay however you wanna spin it .. And yea he had a flopper , but he makes hits and can still push units , no matter what you say .. The dude sold 1 mil in a week , what almost 3 straight times ? !!? I mean cmon , hate on 50 but give him his just due , he made just as much money as Jay in half the time, and not only from owning his own shyt but from investing..
f**k OUTTA HERE
 12-06-2009, 10:59 PM         #75
1llmatic826  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50 claims he sold more than Jay with his 1st two albums...

as if that means something

Jay is a legend

50 has .................

The GREATEST producer in the history of HIP HOP (Dr. Dre) some might say thats debatable, but never the less Dre is Def in the top 5 you agree?

50 also has eminem... who some (not me) claim to be one of the best emcee's to help develop his lyrical skills.

50 also has the support of interscope records.

lets do the math.

Dr. Dre's beats + Eminem's lyrical skill + interscope's financial backing = success for ALMOST any artist.

as it stands now every album released through after math has gone platinum or gold except for two
The Wash soundtrack & Before I Self Destruct The Aftermath is a well oiled machine.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When jay dropped Reasonable doubt in 96 all he had backing him was def jam and Roc-a-fella Always had tension with def jam ( as noted in the film BACKSTAGE) plus add that to the fact that in 96 west coast had s**t locked 2pac was the hottest artist out at the time and he s**tted on Jay's classic s**t

it took time for JAY to build a name for himself RB was classic, IN my Life time was ..... then he finally hit the top with Hard Knock life volume 2, long story short Hova continued to get better with each release. and even though he wasn't going platinum he was still exercising his lyrical skill and going at emcee's (PRIOR TO THE TAKEOVER) with out dropping names and building publicity before he drops an album.

Jay's 1998 classic Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life. During a record called "Ride or Die," Hov let off a warning shot ("Shocked when I got the news that this ni--a ready for war/ Well, where that fool at?"), and then Jigga went for the jugular. Although he NEVER NAMED A NAME, everyone thought that lines like "Always gotta be the weakest ni--a out the crew/ I probably make more money off yo' album, than you ... Check your own videos, you'll always be number two," were aimed at hip-hop's number-one sidekick at the time, Mase.

Seeing that around the same time, Mase was on records making fun of rappers who talked about platinum jewelry but didn't have platinum plaques ("What we hear is platinum that, platinum this/ Platinum whips, nobody got no platinum hits"), people thought Jay, who didn't start selling superstar units until Hard Knock Life, was going at Ma$e

I brought that up to establish that the fact that there is away to go at your foes with out being desperate to sell records. Raekwon and ghostface VS B.I.G. Nas Vs B.I.G. Jay vs Mase Em VS DMX Ja rule vs dmx all these cats went at each other with out handling it the way that 50 does.

When 50 went at Ja Rule, the people loved it becuz they were tired of the radio playing Ja and ashanti ALL DAY LONG ( im sure u remember those days)

but after that 50 just became boring and repetitive even now its the same song ... I went platinum and i got Money!! outside of that he doesnt have anything. for the new album he tried to beef with T.I., lil wayne ludacris and some others but they just ignored his a.ss.

Remember the Boondocks episode. "n*gga Moment"...

Two guys walk past each other one steps on the others foot and they start yelling and shoving then they pull out guns and shoot each other thats a n*gga moment.

then the next clip the same thing happens and one guy says.... i dont have to argue with you and walks away.

Thats what happened to 50, Emcee's realized that they dont have to argue with him, they stopped and now he cant sell a record. good thing ppl like vitamin water
 8 years ago '07        #76
MELODY 25 heat pts25
space
space
 1llmatic826 said:
dr. Dre's beats + eminem's lyrical skill + interscope's financial backing + their gimmick beefs = success for any artist.
fixed.
 12-07-2009, 12:52 PM         #77
sniper1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Aesop730 said:
maybe so, but dont front like he wasnt signed in 98. people like to say in 6 years he did what jay took 12-13-14 to do, overlooking the fact that 50 had potd, singles of how to rob thug love and rowdy rowdy. he was managed by jmj, he was signed to poke and tone of the trackmasters. was putting out mixtapes, remixes, freestyles and singles and vinyls in that time.

but yeah, 50's only been in the game since 2002.
 8 years ago '08        #78
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 8 8
 kronik414 said:
I figured you'd have 50s info to since you were proving something.
Posted via Mobile Device
damn, was thinkin the samething.....
 8 years ago '06        #79
Crown Loyal 
space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1 1
 1llmatic826 said:
50 claims he sold more than Jay with his 1st two albums...

as if that means something

Jay is a legend

50 has .................

The GREATEST producer in the history of HIP HOP (Dr. Dre) some might say thats debatable, but never the less Dre is Def in the top 5 you agree?

50 also has eminem... who some (not me) claim to be one of the best emcee's to help develop his lyrical skills.

50 also has the support of interscope records.

lets do the math.

Dr. Dre's beats + Eminem's lyrical skill + interscope's financial backing = success for ALMOST any artist.

as it stands now every album released through after math has gone platinum or gold except for two
The Wash soundtrack & Before I Self Destruct The Aftermath is a well oiled machine.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When jay dropped Reasonable doubt in 96 all he had backing him was def jam and Roc-a-fella Always had tension with def jam ( as noted in the film BACKSTAGE) plus add that to the fact that in 96 west coast had s**t locked 2pac was the hottest artist out at the time and he s**tted on Jay's classic s**t

it took time for JAY to build a name for himself RB was classic, IN my Life time was ..... then he finally hit the top with Hard Knock life volume 2, long story short Hova continued to get better with each release. and even though he wasn't going platinum he was still exercising his lyrical skill and going at emcee's (PRIOR TO THE TAKEOVER) with out dropping names and building publicity before he drops an album.

Jay's 1998 classic Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life. During a record called "Ride or Die," Hov let off a warning shot ("Shocked when I got the news that this ni--a ready for war/ Well, where that fool at?"), and then Jigga went for the jugular. Although he NEVER NAMED A NAME, everyone thought that lines like "Always gotta be the weakest ni--a out the crew/ I probably make more money off yo' album, than you ... Check your own videos, you'll always be number two," were aimed at hip-hop's number-one sidekick at the time, Mase.

Seeing that around the same time, Mase was on records making fun of rappers who talked about platinum jewelry but didn't have platinum plaques ("What we hear is platinum that, platinum this/ Platinum whips, nobody got no platinum hits"), people thought Jay, who didn't start selling superstar units until Hard Knock Life, was going at Ma$e

I brought that up to establish that the fact that there is away to go at your foes with out being desperate to sell records. Raekwon and ghostface VS B.I.G. Nas Vs B.I.G. Jay vs Mase Em VS DMX Ja rule vs dmx all these cats went at each other with out handling it the way that 50 does.

When 50 went at Ja Rule, the people loved it becuz they were tired of the radio playing Ja and ashanti ALL DAY LONG ( im sure u remember those days)

but after that 50 just became boring and repetitive even now its the same song ... I went platinum and i got Money!! outside of that he doesnt have anything. for the new album he tried to beef with T.I., lil wayne ludacris and some others but they just ignored his a.ss.

Remember the Boondocks episode. "n*gga Moment"...

Two guys walk past each other one steps on the others foot and they start yelling and shoving then they pull out guns and shoot each other thats a n*gga moment.

then the next clip the same thing happens and one guy says.... i dont have to argue with you and walks away.

Thats what happened to 50, Emcee's realized that they dont have to argue with him, they stopped and now he cant sell a record. good thing ppl like vitamin water
UM, Reasonable doubt was not a Def Jam Album. Just for those that didn't know.

Roc-A-Fella (U.S.)
Northwestside (UK)
Priority (distribution)

Last edited by Crown Loyal; 12-07-2009 at 03:13 PM..
 12-07-2009, 06:15 PM         #80
sniper1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Crown Loyal said:
UM, Reasonable doubt was not a Def Jam Album. Just for those that didn't know.

Roc-A-Fella (U.S.)
Northwestside (UK)
Priority (distribution)
lmao... Boadl.... You reminded me of an old joint because of the north west side label. Go youtube another level - be alone no more ft jay z. Rofl.
Posted via Mobile Device
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
42 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
64 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
175 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
72 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
36 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
30 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy