Jay-Z wasn't on Biggie's d*ck (it was vice-versa)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
114 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
103 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
30 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #41
OD184 5 heat pts
space
space
$712 | Props total: 368 368
Man, jay is that dude but we shouldn't be comparing this. Who know's what would have happened if big was still alive. It's like asking who was smarter, the kid that got straight A's or the kid that stayed home sick. You can't get an exact answer because you don't have all the details or a constant to which they both can be compared to. The best we can do is say Reasonable Doubt or Ready to Die.

But if I had to play devil's advocate I would have to say it took Jay 2 or 3 albums to get things poppin' (depending where you from or the type of bulls**t you was on at the time). It took Big 2 albums to be considered the greatest of all time (Again, who know's how that changes if he were to have lived).
 12-02-2009, 05:57 PM         #42
Alexein Aner 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eza said:
Lmao stop smoking crack

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #43
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,392 | Props total: 11752 11752
 MELODY said:
Big showed jay and rocafella hella love, but yeah, any big artist needs a cosign from another big artist to reach certain levels. Just the way the game works. Like what dre did with em. Etc.
it dont work now but back then it did

dre helped snoop get in the game by the cosign

jay was next in line to take the throne of NY after biggie died

honestly i dont think nas wanted
 8 years ago '04        #44
slapaho 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,301 | Props total: 2497 2497
jay stans are the worse..yea biggie wanted to be virtually unknown outside of ny in the early to mid 90's.

if hip-hop was the way it was in that era i dont think jay would as big as he is right now. hed prolly just be the n*gga rappin with foxy brown.
 8 years ago '09        #45
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82 OP
space
space
$10,450 | Props total: 8556 8556
To the heads that say Jay wasn't known or was irrelevant before Biggie's arrival, in what way? cause in NYC Jay was already a legend before Biggie. He was known all thur the NY underground for f**kin with Kane but more so for his hustle, just like Dame and his barber shop in harlem.

go to the 7:30 mark of this vid.

12-02-2009, 07:04 PM         #46
GTJ1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow how come jay is the only one who discredited when discussing big and pacs death? People acting like there were no other popular rappers when they were alive. Hell RTD only went triple. Snoop was just as popular as pac there were plenty of popular rappers when they were alive. There are plenty of popular rappers now. More than one person can be popular at a time. If anyone benefited from the death of pac it was DMX he stole his whole image.
 8 years ago '09        #47
BMAN626 37 heat pts37
space
space
$7,461 | Props total: 909 909
dam i feel bad for the jay stans
 8 years ago '04        #48
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,410 | Props total: 3473 3473
 GTJ1982 said:
Wow how come jay is the only one who discredited when discussing big and pacs death? People acting like there were no other popular rappers when they were alive. Hell RTD only went triple. Snoop was just as popular as pac there were plenty of popular rappers when they were alive. There are plenty of popular rappers now. More than one person can be popular at a time. If anyone benefited from the death of pac it was DMX he stole his whole image.
What the hell do you mean "only went triple".. Jay-Z didn't sell that much until Volume 2 and still hasn't sold as much as Life After death.

The biggest reason for Jay-Z's success was him being New York's "savior" after BIG died. Biggie and Jay-Z similar in style so it's not far-fetched to say that if Big was still alive that he'd be bigger and a more successful rapper than Jay-Z is now.

Nobody in rap has EVER had as much impact as Big did in such a little span of time and Jay-Z's style is a direct example of that. Without Ready 2 Die he'd still be doing the fast rap instead of biting and going the Mafioso route that Biggie (and Nas) was pushing in his content so heavily and giving him that credibility as a rapper that he needed, instead of fading into obscurity like Jaz-O and the Fu-Schnickens.

Like Beanie Sigel said, Jay is a MASTER at seeing what's hot and adapting himself to fit into that niche.. He saw the opportunity to carry the throne of NY after Biggie died and Nas was inconsistent with his music.
 12-02-2009, 07:18 PM         #49
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BrookLynnStiles said:
Firstly, you doing alot of name callin I sense that your mad

[pic - click to view]

I'm just sayin.

Your saying that the only reason that Biggie f**ked with Jay is because he wanted the Clark beat, which is true but half a.ss. You forget to mention how biggie made Clark beg Jay to be on that track in the first place. How he waited outside in the car till Jay and Dame said yea. My whole point is that Biggie initiated the entire relationship...not Jay.

My whole point about mentioning Jay's history before Big is to show that hes been in the game longer, when people think of Jay they seem to think of him as some new kid under Biggie when we now know hes been in the game longer and Biggie was his peer not boss.

this was just one big lie....that i guess you decided to tell so you could use your camron gif...but not once did i call you a name,nor was there anything in my post that resembled anger....ehh..but i digress...

none of what you said has anything to do with anything...biggie wanted to be on the beat plain,and simple...you're making it like he was begging to do a song with jay..thus why i said you're trying to spin s**t to fit your point...it was the beat that big was geeked off of...not jay....that beat could have belonged to buckshot,and big would have done the same thing...none of that equates to jay being a peer....how could he be?...he wasn't on yet...it was mad lil n*ggas running around at that point doing s**t here,and there that wasn't on...

this is not to knock jay hustle...but he was never going to over shadow big....and him linking up with big on the album they were going to do was going to do more for him,than it would have for big....being that most wasn't on jay like that....which is why after big died..jay ran with the whole "i'll carry the torch from here" s**t with *the city is mine*...s**t was an easy marketing strategy...i ain't mad at duke...but no need to lie about the situation...

[video - click to view]

12-02-2009, 07:19 PM         #50
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BrookLynnStiles said:
To the heads that say Jay wasn't known or was irrelevant before Biggie's arrival, in what way? cause in NYC Jay was already a legend before Biggie. He was known all thur the NY underground for f**kin with Kane but more so for his hustle, just like Dame and his barber shop in harlem.

go to the 7:30 mark of this vid.

.....negro please....
 12-02-2009, 07:19 PM         #51
Cheshire Cat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1995 Freestyle.

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Cheshire Cat; 12-02-2009 at 07:25 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #52
LBoogie2122 20 heat pts20
space
space
$5,658 | Props total: 2255 2255
 EastBroadway said:
I Been Listening Ever Since Reasonable Doubt Dropped.Loyal Fan Ever Since.Now And Forever.

wordup i copped every album till vol 3 jay was hot in the streets since he came out

50 cent be lyin he old enough to kno that, hard knock life was just his greatest work, period. anybody old enough to remember kno that was a damn good summer jay never been hotter even to this day

but this article is on sum frivolous s**t big taught jay how to ryme the way he does its a well known fact :thumbsdow
 8 years ago '09        #53
space
space
 Young Forever said:
This post is full of win. :agreement6::agreement6: :applause: :applause:

"Built the ROC from a pebble, pedalled rock before I met you,
Pedalled bikes, got my nephews pedal bikes because they special,
Let you tell that man I'm falling,
Well somebody must've caught him,
Cause every fourth quarter, I like to Mike Jordan 'em,
Number one albums, what I got like four of dem,
More of dem on the way,
The Eight Wonder on the way,
Clear the way, I'm here to stay,
Y'all can save the chitter chat, this and that, this and Jay,
Dissin' Jay 'ill get you mased,
When I start spitting them lyrics, n*ggas get very religious,
Six Hail Maries, please Father forgive us,
Young, the Archbishop, the Pope John Paul of y'all n*ggas,
The way y'all all follow Jigga,
Hov's a living legend and I tell you why,
Everybody wanna be Hov and Hov still alive. "
Powerful Post.
 8 years ago '09        #54
space
space
 HotepSuns said:

...biggie wanted to be on the beat plain,and simple...you're making it like he was begging to do a song with jay..thus why i said you're trying to spin s**t to fit your point...it was the beat that big was geeked off of...not jay....that beat could have belonged to buckshot,and big would have done the same thing...none of that equates to jay being a peer....how could he be?...he wasn't on yet..

this is not to knock jay hustle...but he was never going to over shadow big....and him linking up with big on the album they were going to do was going to do more for him,than it would have for big....being that most wasn't on jay like that....which is why after big died..jay ran with the whole "i'll carry the torch from here" s**t with *the city is mine*...s**t was an easy marketing strategy...
So if Biggie wasn't "geeked" (zack morris?) by Jay then explain taking time from your album to shoutout Jay's name after already granting him a guest appearence in that same album. These are facts homie!

(go to 6:25)

[video - click to view]

12-02-2009, 11:28 PM         #55
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BrookLynnStiles said:
So if Biggie wasn't "geeked" (zack morris?) by Jay then explain taking time from your album to shoutout Jay's name after already granting him a guest appearence in that same album. These are facts homie!

(go to 6:25)

wtf does that have to do with anything?....he shouted him out,because they were going to be doing an album together....did big like jay?...of course he did....that still has nothing to do with the premise of this thread....

you in here making up s**t about jay being a legendary hustler in nyc,and now you're bringing up s**t that has nothing to do with anything...@going out of his way from recording his album strictly to shout out jay......you need a warm glass of milk,and a nap...
 8 years ago '09        #56
space
space
 HotepSuns said:

you in here making up s**t about jay being a legendary hustler in nyc,and now you're bringing up s**t that has nothing to do with anything...@going out of his way from recording his album strictly to shout out jay......you need a warm glass of milk,and a nap...
Broadway ave. and Flushing ave. rite under the J M Z train lines, Dame's barbershop on 12th street...do your homework before talkin... leave it at that

Jay's name rang bells all thurout NYC, he wasn't no "nobody" like ya making it seem. I guess if you know, you know.

Last edited by BrooklynStiles; 12-02-2009 at 11:44 PM..
 12-02-2009, 11:47 PM         #57
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BrookLynnStiles said:
Broadway ave. and Flushing ave. rite under the J M Z train lines, Dame's barbershop on 12th street...do your homework before talkin... leave it at that

Jay's name rang bells all thurout NYC, he wasn't no "nobody" like ya making it seem. I guess if you know, you know.

n*gga gtfoh...calvin klein already put it out there jay was nothing but a worker...he wasn't pushing hardbody like that....and he for got damn sure had no name around nyc like that...n*gga i'm from nyc...wasn't nobody talking about jay until he started rapping....

legendary hustler?....you can't be f**king serious...

Last edited by HotepSuns; 12-02-2009 at 11:48 PM..
 8 years ago '09        #58
space
space
 HotepSuns said:
n*gga gtfoh...calvin klein already put it out there jay was nothing but a worker...he wasn't pushing hardbody like that....and he for got damn sure had no name around nyc like that...n*gga i'm from nyc...wasn't nobody talking about jay until he started rapping....

legendary hustler?....you can't be f**king serious...
I could sit up here and keep telling you the same thing over and over but it's me so you wont believe.

[pic - click to view]

Go to the 7:20 mark of this video.
 8 years ago '08        #59
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,578 | Props total: 17248 17248
 akademiks said:
Jay-Z stole Biggie's style.

He was rapping like Jaz-O and the Fu-Schnickens before he "took home Ready 2 Die, listened, studied s**t."
End of story.
 8 years ago '08        #60
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,578 | Props total: 17248 17248
at article, Listen to Nas "Last Real Nicca Alive"...

He tells it all in detail, how B.I.G. took Jay z in
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
160 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc