Jay-Z wasn't on Biggie's d*ck (it was vice-versa)

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
22 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
49 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-02-2009, 07:52 AM         #21
Young Forever 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cashzilla said:
oh yaeh if big blessing means sucess what f**k happened lil ceaser total jr mafia besides kim sadat x and others jay earned his spot how can u say diffrent
This post is full of win. :agreement6::agreement6: :applause: :applause:

"Built the ROC from a pebble, pedalled rock before I met you,
Pedalled bikes, got my nephews pedal bikes because they special,
Let you tell that man I'm falling,
Well somebody must've caught him,
Cause every fourth quarter, I like to Mike Jordan 'em,
Number one albums, what I got like four of dem,
More of dem on the way,
The Eight Wonder on the way,
Clear the way, I'm here to stay,
Y'all can save the chitter chat, this and that, this and Jay,
Dissin' Jay 'ill get you mased,
When I start spitting them lyrics, n*ggas get very religious,
Six Hail Maries, please Father forgive us,
Young, the Archbishop, the Pope John Paul of y'all n*ggas,
The way y'all all follow Jigga,
Hov's a living legend and I tell you why,
Everybody wanna be Hov and Hov still alive. "
 8 years ago '05        #22
kh RON OloGiCaL 1 heat pts
space
space
$834 | Props total: 184 184
Yea, like others said hardknock life put jay on, then big pimpin solidified him. BIG was already gone then
 12-02-2009, 08:35 AM         #23
luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay doesn't even sound like Big at all. Taking his style? lol n*ggas just be talkin out they a.ss. Props on the article.
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '07        #24
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4814 4814
 Crown Loyal said:
Lets keep it all the way live my man, Jay-Z wasn't s**t until Vol 2. came out and he blew up with Hard Knock Life with the Annie sample. Yeah he had the other lil attempts but if BIG wasn't k!lled, Jay would still be a understudy. No disrespect to Jay because I feel he is one of the greatest of all time from what he's accomplished, but dont think for a second that anybody else in NY had a impact on East Coast hip hop like BIG. When death Row ran the industry in the 90's, BIG brought light back to East Coast Hip hop and made everybody feel our s**t again. Thats not taking shine from Nas, Wutang and many others who were still puttin it down at that time but B.I.G held NY down and the crazy part was he was only getting started. If you aint get chills after hearing his verses on Victory something is wrong. Them rhymes alone will demolish any verse Jay-Z has spit from his whole catalog. Nobody in Brooklyn was on Jay 100% until BIG died so I know for a fact the rest of the country wasn't on it. Just speakin the real. ONE
speak for yaself.im from ft.green.we f**ked wit jigga hard.nobody had it,or will eva have it like biggie had it,but jay wasnt no understudy.it just took a while for everybody else to cacth on.some dudes is destined for greatness.
 8 years ago '07        #25
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
 Crown Loyal said:
if BIG wasn't k!lled, Jay would still be a understudy
Real talk!

If Pac and Biggie were still alive, Jay-Z would only be as popular as Fabolous.

Last edited by Bullseye; 12-02-2009 at 08:58 AM..
 12-02-2009, 08:54 AM         #26
Young Forever 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bullseye said:
Real talk!

If Pac and Biggie were still alive, Jay-Z would only be as popular as Fabolous.
If if was a fifth we'd all be drunk.
 12-02-2009, 08:54 AM         #27
unknown mutant 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@the threadstarter

um....

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '09        #28
K0ntrast 63 heat pts63
space
space
$29,669 | Props total: 13145 13145
BTW Reasonable doubt=One of the greatest albums ever recorded

but just because jay was out before biggie. Biggie had more fame than him, it wasnt really until pac and big died that he blew up.
 8 years ago '06        #29
Crown Loyal 
space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1 1
 r.burgundy said:
speak for yaself.im from ft.green.we f**ked wit jigga hard.nobody had it,or will eva have it like biggie had it,but jay wasnt no understudy.it just took a while for everybody else to cacth on.some dudes is destined for greatness.
I can probably speak for most of Brooklyn with that comment. And you being from Ft. Green, you should know damn well they wasn't pumpin Reasonable doubt on Hot 97 or Kiss FM back in the day in heavy rotation. BIG was NY. Period. I'm not saying NOBODY in NY wasn't listening to Jay, I just said not enough was listening to him or on him like that until B.I.G passed. Maybe I went far with the under study, but I promise you this he took alot from B.I.G when he passed. At the end of the day, I'm proud of Jigga for what he's accomplished.
 8 years ago '07        #30
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Crown Loyal said:
I can probably speak for most of Brooklyn with that comment. And you being from Ft. Green, you should know damn well they wasn't pumpin Reasonable doubt on Hot 97 or Kiss FM back in the day in heavy rotation. BIG was NY. Period. I'm not saying NOBODY in NY wasn't listening to Jay, I just said not enough was listening to him or on him like that until B.I.G passed. Maybe I went far with the under study, but I promise you this he took alot from B.I.G when he passed. At the end of the day, I'm proud of Jigga for what he's accomplished.
bruh,aint no n*gga,cant knock tha hustle,feelin it,an brooklyn finest was all ova tha radio.u buggin.jay used to have mad talent wednsday shut down b4 reasonable doubt even drop.just cause u wasnt on it,dont mean othas was.n*ggas been f**kin wit jay since in my lifetime remix.my man dj self had a best of jay mixtape b4 reasonable doubt even dropped
 8 years ago '06        #31
angelo noel 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,796 | Props total: 1367 1367
Wow, NC at this thread.
 8 years ago '06        #32
Crown Loyal 
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
bruh,aint no n*gga,cant knock tha hustle,feelin it,an brooklyn finest was all ova tha radio.u buggin.jay used to have mad talent wednsday shut down b4 reasonable doubt even drop.just cause u wasnt on it,dont mean othas was.n*ggas been f**kin wit jay since in my lifetime remix.my man dj self had a best of jay mixtape b4 reasonable doubt even dropped
And who else but people in Brooklyn knew about all this? Dont worry, I'll wait.......................lol

Nobody outside of the tri-state didn't know who Jay-Z was and guess who was in those videos you mentioned, B.I.G. Which means people accepted it as okay that must be B.I.G's man. Nothing wrong with that. Dont think I'm s**ttin on Jay. I'm just responding to the fact that nobody should think for a second BIG took anything or wanted to be like Jay EVER. And when Pac was goin on dis records, B.I.G, Mobb Deep and a few others were the only ones holding us down. NOBODY ELSE. Not even Jay. You know why, because at that time Jay-Z didn't matter until like a few people already said, Vol. 2 dropped and blew up.

Jay even said it on Hard Knock Life. "I gave you prophecy on my first joint, and yall all lamed out,
Didn't really appreciate it, til the second one came out"
 8 years ago '09        #33
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82 OP
space
space
$10,441 | Props total: 8514 8514
 Crown Loyal said:
Lets keep it all the way live my man, Jay-Z wasn't s**t until Vol 2. came out and he blew up with Hard Knock Life with the Annie sample. Yeah he had the other lil attempts but if BIG wasn't k!lled, Jay would still be a understudy.
You know this because you hopped out the DeLorean from a parallel universe where this happens? no? then what we talkin 'bout? I stated clearly to not try to Ms. Cleo with the "what if's" for all we know Biggie could have fell off like Kane did.
 8 years ago '09        #34
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82 OP
space
space
$10,441 | Props total: 8514 8514
 HotepSuns said:

...big didn't want to be on a "jay z" track...he wanted that clark kent beat...and when he heard that clark already had it set aside for jay,he just went over there,because that's how much he wanted to be on the beat...not so much because he was just dying to be on a track with jay z...

secondly...who gives a s**t how biggie got into the game...he got on,and put out a record that helped put the east coast back on mainstream wise...biggie got on purely from his skills...people heard his demo,and that s**t circulated like wild fire...puff heard it,signed biggie,and the rest is history....what difference does it make that jay was running with jaz-0,or doing little s**t here,and there with kane...he still wasn't ON...

big's co-sign put jay in a space that has benefited his career all the way until now,and until he dies....same for puff...they both have generated tons of interest based on that a.ssociation....this is not to say they didn't earn their way still....but if big was still here jay would not be who jay is right now....big would still be that dude....
Firstly, you doing alot of name callin I sense that your mad

[pic - click to view]

I'm just sayin.

Your saying that the only reason that Biggie f**ked with Jay is because he wanted the Clark beat, which is true but half a.ss. You forget to mention how biggie made Clark beg Jay to be on that track in the first place. How he waited outside in the car till Jay and Dame said yea. My whole point is that Biggie initiated the entire relationship...not Jay.

My whole point about mentioning Jay's history before Big is to show that hes been in the game longer, when people think of Jay they seem to think of him as some new kid under Biggie when we now know hes been in the game longer and Biggie was his peer not boss.
 8 years ago '06        #35
Crown Loyal 
space
space
 BrookLynnStiles said:
You know this because you hopped out the DeLorean from a parallel universe where this happens? no? then what we talkin 'bout? I stated clearly to not try to Ms. Cleo with the "what if's" for all we know Biggie could have fell off like Kane did.
Should've, could've, would've but he didn't. BIG was at the top of his game when he passed. And just to think, he was only 24. He was k!lled because haters were jealous he was gonna take over. Nobody was worried about Jay-Z back then because he barely had a voice when B.I.G was out. Yeah he had lil joints here and there but like he admitted on his own album, people didn't really jump on to him until later on. Just speakin the real homie.
 8 years ago '07        #36
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Crown Loyal said:
And who else but people in Brooklyn knew about all this? Dont worry, I'll wait.......................lol

Nobody outside of the tri-state didn't know who Jay-Z was and guess who was in those videos you mentioned, B.I.G. Which means people accepted it as okay that must be B.I.G's man. Nothing wrong with that. Dont think I'm s**ttin on Jay. I'm just responding to the fact that nobody should think for a second BIG took anything or wanted to be like Jay EVER. And when Pac was goin on dis records, B.I.G, Mobb Deep and a few others were the only ones holding us down. NOBODY ELSE. Not even Jay. You know why, because at that time Jay-Z didn't matter until like a few people already said, Vol. 2 dropped and blew up.

Jay even said it on Hard Knock Life. "I gave you prophecy on my first joint, and yall all lamed out,
Didn't really appreciate it, til the second one came out"

only jay video biggie was in was dead presidents.but either way,reasonable doubt was a gold album.that means that majority of them sales came outta ny.what chickend*ck said biggie was tryin to be like jay?
 8 years ago '06        #37
Crown Loyal 
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
only jay video biggie was in was dead presidents.but either way,reasonable doubt was a gold album.that means that majority of them sales came outta ny.what chickend*ck said biggie was tryin to be like jay?
LOL Nah he was in "Aint No n*gga" too sittin with Jaz-O at the picnic table. And Reasonable doubt went Gold after Jay had released Vol 2. and everybody hopped on talkin about I been a fan. LOL I guess the threadstarter wanted people to believe BIG wanted to be like Jay or something along those lines. :lachen001:
 8 years ago '07        #38
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Crown Loyal said:
LOL Nah he was in "Aint No n*gga" too sittin with Jaz-O at the picnic table. And Reasonable doubt went Gold after Jay had released Vol 2. and everybody hopped on talkin about I been a fan. LOL I guess the threadstarter wanted people to believe BIG wanted to be like Jay or something along those lines. :lachen001:
rd an illmatic both had gold debuts.it took rd a good 8 years to hit plat.i went plat well after vol.2 dropped.i thought u were tha t.s,my bad.t.s is buggin.jays known for d*ck ridin,biggie was more a stand up dude.
 8 years ago '07        #39
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
I ALWAYS liked Jay more than Big. I remember when Reasonable Doubt dropped mad n*ggas around my way used to bump it. But yea Jay's success is partly due to Big's passing. Lets not be naive.
 8 years ago '04        #40
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago