Jay-Z wasn't on Biggie's d*ck (it was vice-versa)

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
40 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
155 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
225 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '09        #1
10102 pageviews
82 comments

BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82
space
space
$10,440 | Props total: 8511 8511
Jay-Z wasn't on Biggie's d*ck (it was vice-versa)

[pic - click to view]

Who put-on who? The anwser is not what you think.

All of this Blueprint 3 hate (its bigger then the hype) got people saying delirious things…some crazier then others but some the claims isn’t hate, most people actually believe them. Last nite I was with friends and they was saying “Jay-Z wouldn’t be where he is without Biggie” (their from uptown) and the crazy part was that i was the only one in the room who didn’t agree.

There’s a huge misunderstanding in hip hop about the relationship b/w Jay and Biggie (no homilz). The misunderstanding is that certain heads (my uptown friends) think Jay owes Biggie his entire existence because “Biggie created Jay”. My brain can’t really compute that so i asked him “why do you think that?” like all the other heads, he said “w/o Biggie’s co-sign, Jay would be just another rapper”. Meaning that without Biggie’s co-sign and/or a.ssociation to Jay, Jay would be just another rapper and/or wouldn’t be at the level he’s at now (GOAT level)…*hands to face in disgust*.

First off, to understand the real relationship b/w the two legends you gotta know the truth first, their history and how their friendship started. Go to the 9:50 mark of this video (i can’t embedd, but its worth the click)
[pic - click to view]

DimeWars.Com - DJ Clark Kent - His Kicks, Jay-Z and Hip Hop

its a video of Legendary DJ Clark Kent explaining how the two meet when he produced “Brooklyn’s Finest” with the two. Yes you heard correctly Biggie begged Clark to get on Jay’s track, then made Clark take him to Jay’s session where he was gonna record “Brooklyn’s Finest” to hopefully collab with Jay-Z. Don’t get it twist, Biggie wanted to f**k with Jay at first, not the other way ‘round. They had history even before this time since the two MCs went to George Westinghouse High School together (w/ bussa bus too) they never really knew each other till that moment they recored together. Biggie initiated the relationship, not jay.

Second, alot of heads think that Biggie was in this game before Jay…that Jay was just this snot-nose new kid on the Biggie’s block that made it. The truth is that one of ‘em was the new kid on the block and it wasn’t Jay, Biggie came into the game with no co-signs, no a.ssociations from made artist…nothing. While by 1994 (ready to die’s release date) Jay had years in the game and had one of greatest MCs ever wanting to sign him.

DX: Just while we’re on that tip, what about Jay-Z? Did y’all ever spar during his tenure rolling with you, when he was touring with you?
Big Daddy Kane: You mean like battling?

DX: Or just any heavy freestyle sessions or anything that you recall?
Big Daddy Kane: Nah, but you know that’s how we met, a situation like that. See, where I lived it was another dude in the neighborhood that was also known as a nice rapper, this dude named Jaz. Shirt Kings came and said, “Yo, Fresh Gordon wanna do a tape with you and Jaz.” I had been looking for this dude Jaz and could never find him. So [when Shirt Kings said that] I was like, “Oh so we can battle?” And they said, “Yeah.” So I came down and when I got there Gordy was like, “Nah, ain’t nobody gonna battle. These my people. I just wanna do a tape ‘cause you been living around the corner from me for dumb long and I didn’t even know you was there. I just want you to do a tape with us.” And then me and Jaz, we met, spoke, we broke bread. He was a cool dude, so it was like, “Forget the battle, let’s just have some fun.” And he had a dude with him. And after we did the tape, Shirt Kings was like, “What do you think about Jaz? Because he trying to get a new deal.” And I was like, “Yo, he still nice as hell. But um, that little light-skinned dude with him, I think he better. I like him better.”

[pic - click to view]

SOURCE

Lastly, maybe your right about Jay probably not being at this level w/o Biggie’s a.ssociation and probably bill gates wouldn’t be who he is if he went to BMCC instead of Harvard, and probably Pac would’nt be dead if he never rapped…etc. catch my drift? your not Ms. Cleo so its useless and a.sshat of you to even try to predict Jay’s career if Biggie never f**ked w/ him so STOP IT.

82 comments for "Jay-Z wasn't on Biggie's d*ck (it was vice-versa)"

12-02-2009, 12:58 AM         #2
Rocafella18 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
u kidding me jay-z drop his best album to me reasonble doubt and nobody gave a f**k about him it took years for his first album to come out he been rapping he was hanging out with big daddy kane and nothing came out of it same with jaz-o then when he drops his best album reasonble doubt it did'nt sell.

Last edited by Rocafella18; 12-02-2009 at 12:59 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #3
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
Jay-Z stole Biggie's style.

He was rapping like Jaz-O and the Fu-Schnickens before he "took home Ready 2 Die, listened, studied s**t."
End of story.
 8 years ago '09        #4
McmasterlockPt2 41 heat pts41
space
space
$12,908 | Props total: 838 838
Let tell y'all something, Pac made Jigga, mobb deep and Nas famous, after he dissed those n*gga, they blow up. Biggie was mainstream before Jay even though jay was on that song with Jaz-o,nobody knew that n*gga outside NY before 96.
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #5
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
"Hey Jay, can I get open?"

[video - click to view]

12-02-2009, 01:15 AM         #7
Young Forever 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ biggie making jay. Jays first album dropped when biggie was alive, no?

Why did he only garner success after volume 2 then?

Jay haters k!ll me.
 8 years ago '09        #8
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82 OP
space
space
$10,440 | Props total: 8511 8511
Btw..how you embedd vid's on this site?

To the cat that said Pac put on Jay, Nas, and the Mobb...It'll be impossible to put on Jay since he was in the game BEFORE Pac was, and Nas didn't blow up commerically till It was written dropped in '96 (when Pac died)

It sounds like when Pac addressed those rappers, that was the first time you heard of 'em.
Braz slapped this ish

8 years ago '06        #9
Crown Loyal 
space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1 1
Lets keep it all the way live my man, Jay-Z wasn't s**t until Vol 2. came out and he blew up with Hard Knock Life with the Annie sample. Yeah he had the other lil attempts but if BIG wasn't k!lled, Jay would still be a understudy. No disrespect to Jay because I feel he is one of the greatest of all time from what he's accomplished, but dont think for a second that anybody else in NY had a impact on East Coast hip hop like BIG. When death Row ran the industry in the 90's, BIG brought light back to East Coast Hip hop and made everybody feel our s**t again. Thats not taking shine from Nas, Wutang and many others who were still puttin it down at that time but B.I.G held NY down and the crazy part was he was only getting started. If you aint get chills after hearing his verses on Victory something is wrong. Them rhymes alone will demolish any verse Jay-Z has spit from his whole catalog. Nobody in Brooklyn was on Jay 100% until BIG died so I know for a fact the rest of the country wasn't on it. Just speakin the real. ONE
 8 years ago '07        #10
MELODY 25 heat pts25
space
space
$10,418 | Props total: 1857 1857
Big showed jay and rocafella hella love, but yeah, any big artist needs a cosign from another big artist to reach certain levels. Just the way the game works. Like what dre did with em. Etc.
 8 years ago '04        #11
eza 
space
space
$3,686 | Props total: 1 1
Lmao stop smoking crack
 12-02-2009, 06:55 AM         #12
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this thread takes all kinds of s**t out of context to spin it to fit some jay z d*ck riding....

first,and foremost...big didn't want to be on a "jay z" track...he wanted that clark kent beat...and when he heard that clark already had it set aside for jay,he just went over there,because that's how much he wanted to be on the beat...not so much because he was just dying to be on a track with jay z......stop with the spinning a.ss sucka s**t...

secondly...who gives a s**t how biggie got into the game...he got on,and put out a record that helped put the east coast back on mainstream wise...biggie got on purely from his skills...people heard his demo,and that s**t circulated like wild fire...puff heard it,signed biggie,and the rest is history....what difference does it make that jay was running with jaz-0,or doing little s**t here,and there with kane...he still wasn't ON...

big's co-sign put jay in a space that has benefited his career all the way until now,and until he dies....same for puff...they both have generated tons of interest based on that a.ssociation....this is not to say they didn't earn their way still....but if big was still here jay would not be who jay is right now....big would still be that dude....
 8 years ago '06        #13
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,635 | Props total: 8566 8566
I don't think Biggie made Jay

Jay blew up when Hard Knock Life came out then everybody went back and listened to his older albums thats what i think

I started listening to Jay when vol.2 came out we was all bumping Biggie before that

Last edited by marcusaka50; 12-02-2009 at 07:04 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #14
MELODY 25 heat pts25
space
space
$10,418 | Props total: 1857 1857
 marcusaka50 said:
i don't think biggie made jay

jay blew up when hard knock life came out then everybody went back and listened to his older albums thats what i think

i started listening to jay when vol.2 came out we was all bumping biggie before that
exactly, the masses didn't really start listenning to jay until vol 2 and big was dead by now.
 8 years ago '05        #15
EastBroadway 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,494 | Props total: 5 5
Thus Jay-Z = G.O.A.T
 8 years ago '05        #16
EastBroadway 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,494 | Props total: 5 5
I Been Listening Ever Since Reasonable Doubt Dropped.Loyal Fan Ever Since.Now And Forever.
 8 years ago '05        #17
Flatbush85 53 heat pts53
space
space
$14,381 | Props total: 661 661
Such a stan move to omit historical information...

I just freshly came off of tour with Big. We were doing Junior M.A.F.I.A.’s [debut album], and he heard the beat and went crazy. He was like, “I want the beat.” I was like, “Nah, it’s Jay’s beat.” He’s like, “You’re always giving this guy everything.” He wanted that beat real bad.

Lets be honest, I doubt anyone wanted to work with a dude with the corny moniker (at the time) Jay Z.
 8 years ago '04        #18
cashzilla 
space
space
$337 | Props total: 7 7
 Rocafella18 said:
u kidding me jay-z drop his best album to me reasonble doubt and nobody gave a f**k about him it took years for his first album to come out he been rapping he was hanging out with big daddy kane and nothing came out of it same with jaz-o then when he drops his best album reasonble doubt it did'nt sell.
mabey u bx babies didnt cop reasonble doubt but me my and friends copped it on the frist day i remeber listen to can i live like 10 times in a row the casset back in 96 same year i grad alot of dudes was under the radar back then wu still had the game on smash
yall go do your home work some of the best that ever did never get they props
i mean to me brooklyn finest wanst even the best song big was ready to stat group with hov
yall need to stop camparing them big died after his second album jay dropped 11
thats like hateing on a kobe cause his homie that was good or even better than him in the second grade died and tell when he was going pro that he wasnt better than dude bigg was a great artist but who knows what he would be now oh we all know how long being a bad boy artist last
 8 years ago '05        #19
Flatbush85 53 heat pts53
space
space
$14,381 | Props total: 661 661
 cashzilla said:
mabey u bx babies didnt cop reasonble doubt but me my and friends copped it on the frist day i remeber listen to can i live like 10 times in a row the casset back in 96 same year i grad alot of dudes was under the radar back then wu still had the game on smash
yall go do your home work some of the best that ever did never get they props
i mean to me brooklyn finest wanst even the best song big was ready to stat group with hov
yall need to stop camparing them big died after his second album jay dropped 11
thats like hateing on a kobe cause his homie that was good or even better than him in the second grade died and tell when he was going pro that he wasnt better than dude bigg was a great artist but who knows what he would be now oh we all know how long being a bad boy artist last
I demand this s**t be stricken from the record, due to it not holding any weight towards this thread
 8 years ago '04        #20
cashzilla 
space
space
$337 | Props total: 7 7
oh yaeh if big blessing means sucess what f**k happened lil ceaser total jr mafia besides kim sadat x and others jay earned his spot how can u say diffrent
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
77 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
61 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy