most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
79 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who is gonna be?
Jay-Z 109 34.82%
Eminem 204 65.18%
Voters: 313. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #81
MELODY 25 heat pts25
space
space
$10,418 | Props total: 1857 1857
IF EM WAS BLACK HE'D HAVE TO DUMB DOWN HIS LYRICS ON ALL HIS TRACKS AND NOT JUST HIS SINGLES.
 11-30-2009, 08:28 AM         #82
clickclack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
eminem is novelty rap designed to entertain you, shock you, and give you a rush. a million and one multisyllables and rhymes in per line is fun to listen to, but I've never heard an eminem that hits me in the heart like that.

Jay-Z is reality rap. Flow is less complex than eminem, but less is more. Dope lyrics all the way through. Heartfelt, sincere lyrics (for the most part), great singles, more interesting story to tell. Doesn't ride the beat. he controls it.

Jay-Z is the better artist overall, in my opinion
 11-30-2009, 09:15 AM         #83
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 awall said:
ive said it before and ill say it again eminem is white and cant be beaten in a poll no point of doing polls against eminem.
he's not lying though
 8 years ago '05        #84
NomiS 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,121 | Props total: 28 28
 almcaffee said:
Em is a great rapper but he has no swag whatsoever, regardless I feel like whoever you relate to more you prolly like more..... too bad this thread is a set up for bytch as n*ggas bickering and tryin to be hard on the net rather than a good discussion.....
swag is usually used to attract the opposite s3x which will effect ur sales on a women fan base...jay got the womens vote and Em overpowers that by the white male sales...
 8 years ago '09        #85
Lil Jay 30 heat pts30
space
space
$7,999 | Props total: 424 424
STANs f!ghtIN FOR THEIR WACK RAPPERS:

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #86
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,568 | Props total: 2714 2714
men lie women lie numbers dont... and jay-z Lost
 11-30-2009, 11:11 AM         #87
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MELODY said:
IF EM WAS BLACK HE'D HAVE TO DUMB DOWN HIS LYRICS ON ALL HIS TRACKS AND NOT JUST HIS SINGLES.
true. Em do be on some s**t that goes over a lot of heads sometimes LOL
 11-30-2009, 11:34 AM         #88
allabout$ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kal Tourette said:
-Lyrics = Balanced cause Em and Jay have their pros and cons, but Em hits more emotion

-Word play = Eminem HANDS DOWN!!!! Dude can rhyme entire bars for a full verse Jay jas never topped the song INFINTE when it comes to wordplay

-Mic presence = Eminem, cause when he came out on busta rhymes joint on the BET awards this was very much proven how people will shut up for eminem to grace that mic. Remember the cypher??? he was the last of the evening for a reason, but Jay comes very close

-Flow = LOL hands down Eminem has a better rhyme structure and rarely ever breaks rhyme schemes where as Jay at times needs to rhyme better. Jay's style doesn't call for him to rhyme every bar from the last perfectly, but he breaks A LOT which gives that rhyming edge and wordplay combined to Eminem. Em can rhyme words that aren't supposed to, but Jay just CAN NOT or hasn't proven to do so. I want someone to post a song of Jay's with a technically better FLOW than the song INFINITE

-Respect amongst the community = Jay-Z is hated by many rappers in the industry. Mob Deep, 50 Cent, Beanie Seagal, Joe Budden, etc and Most UNDERGROUND emcees. See eminem has been in that spot where he battled his way up. Jay doesn't have those credentials recorded to prove s**t!!! Jay can top this at times though cause he has been #1 on many lists in the community, but so as Eminem. Eminem has ssecoond place at the rap olympics, best BET cypher 2009, best rhymer title in rap that many give, where as Jay's credit comes not so from respecting his craft but his hustle and longevity. Like Wayne gets.

-Diss songs
=Eminem is a battle rapper first then a mainstream one...we know this answer. Eminem has toppled Canibus, Ja rule, Benzino, Everlast, Evidence, Cage, Vanilla Ice (LOL yea that counts), Limp Bizkit, JD, Nick Cannon...ummmmm, yea Jay has topped mob deep. That's it. Cam, Nas, JR Writer, Joe Budden, Big Sty ate his a.ss up...lol

-Deep songs = This is debatable, depending on what extent u refer to as DEPTH, but where Jay only drops a line or two of grand meaning here and there Eminem drops full songs on topics. Eminem has tackled MANY deep issues and has been broke longer than Jay so the pain is more eminent along with, politics, poverty, romance issues, personal demons, hurt, sorrow, obstacles, his daughter, his ex wife, mother, WE ALL KNOW UNCLE RONNIE, STAN!!!!!! I mean DAMN!!!! LOL yea I'd give it to Eminem, Jay got meet the parents, moment of clarity, Minority report etc, but he just ain't moving a brick like em with Stan, Mocking bird, Mosh, White America, We are Americans, and other political affairs

-Impact = Eminem is the top selling rapper of all time by miles compared to Jay so that solidifies who has had more impact overall. Jay has NOTHING compared to even the amount of Eminem haters who use his term "STAN"...My Name Is is more memorable than any of Jay's first singles. EVERYone knows HI KIDS, DO YOU LIKE VIOLENCE. That song has IMPECABLE rhyming Jay could only dream of. EVery Bar is multi syllable rhyme structure that is unmatched even today by Jay

SOrry, but Eminem is just a better emcee than Jay-Z. Eminem can do braggadicio rap, WHO CAN'T, but can Jay do a KIM or STAN???
Look man. I'll just put it like this... you're looking at nothing but technicalities to this rap s**t. With this logic, Bob Dylan can't sing or play the guitar, Rembrandt didn't know color combinations, and 2pac is a wack emcee. This might all be true, but there is a reason they revolutionized their art form. It's not about technical skills. Since "Stay Wide Awake", I see so many people on here calling eminem a god or something for being able to rhyme the way he does in that song, but besides that occasional rush that the song gives you, has any part of the song made you feel the way you felt when you heard pac say "and even as a crack fiend mama, you always was the black queen mama"? Yea, eminem is passionate and you feel him when he spits, but I can't recall any Eminem song that made me close my eyes from being overwhelmed by the lyrics, except for maybe Hailie's Song and No Apologies.

Jay-Z, on the other hand has so many songs that you really feel. I wish I could find a less cliche word than feel, but you get the point. You can tell when you listen to certain Jay-Z songs that he's not lying and is being totally real and sincere.

Plus, I don't understand this argument about diversity. Jay-Z is so much more diverse than eminem. He has the hot singles that tear the roof off a club, then he has the introspective side, then the street side, the grown man side. Em? He has like.... 3 or 4 things he has been talking about since the Slim Shady LP: k!lling people, hailie, kim, his mom ( i kno i'm generalizing you naughty monkeys, so don't try to quote me solely on this).

But, who am I kidding? Eminem is just fun to listen to and WILL grab your attention no matter how wack his verse gets. But, like clickclack said, it's just novelty rap. There is a reason Eminem went from being a real person in infinite to becoming slim shady on SSEP: to sell records.

Jay-Z is a much, much, much deeper artist than Eminem ever could be. Em just glosses over his mediocre lyrics with an ill flow and delivery. Not to mention pure shock value has been the main thing that has carried eminem to where he is.

So, there you have it, prove me wrong. And if that's not enough, find me ONE Eminem song deeper and more powerful than these Jay-Z songs:

Regrets
U must Love Me
Song Cry
Dead Presidents
Lost Ones
This Can't Be Life
Hard Knock Life

fuuuck.... and these are just 7 songs off the top of my head... there are tons and tons more. Name me ONE Eminem song in his entire collection since Infinite that tops Jay-Z in terms of depth. And don't say No Apologies or Hailies Song either, cuz even those two songs are subpar.

I would love to give a much more elaborate breakdown of this, but i'll just wait to see if the Eminem defenders are willing to step to the plate

PEEEEEAAACCE
 11-30-2009, 11:35 AM         #89
AlexG1989 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn, just noticed Em murdered Jay in the poll... ain't no comin back for jay, this was a landslide for Em... lol
 8 years ago '07        #90
MELODY 25 heat pts25
space
space

[video - click to view]

Find a JAY-Z song thats as bad as THIS SONG and I'LL Leave BX, NEVER TO RETURN...

- N I K E
 8 years ago '04        #91
jewelz1132 5 heat pts
space
space
$12,668 | Props total: 2196 2196
 allabout$ said:
Look man. I'll just put it like this... you're looking at nothing but technicalities to this rap s**t. With this logic, Bob Dylan can't sing or play the guitar, Rembrandt didn't know color combinations, and 2pac is a wack emcee. This might all be true, but there is a reason they revolutionized their art form. It's not about technical skills. Since "Stay Wide Awake", I see so many people on here calling eminem a god or something for being able to rhyme the way he does in that song, but besides that occasional rush that the song gives you, has any part of the song made you feel the way you felt when you heard pac say "and even as a crack fiend mama, you always was the black queen mama"? Yea, eminem is passionate and you feel him when he spits, but I can't recall any Eminem song that made me close my eyes from being overwhelmed by the lyrics, except for maybe Hailie's Song and No Apologies.

Jay-Z, on the other hand has so many songs that you really feel. I wish I could find a less cliche word than feel, but you get the point. You can tell when you listen to certain Jay-Z songs that he's not lying and is being totally real and sincere.

Plus, I don't understand this argument about diversity. Jay-Z is so much more diverse than eminem. He has the hot singles that tear the roof off a club, then he has the introspective side, then the street side, the grown man side. Em? He has like.... 3 or 4 things he has been talking about since the Slim Shady LP: k!lling people, hailie, kim, his mom ( i kno i'm generalizing you naughty monkeys, so don't try to quote me solely on this).

But, who am I kidding? Eminem is just fun to listen to and WILL grab your attention no matter how wack his verse gets. But, like clickclack said, it's just novelty rap. There is a reason Eminem went from being a real person in infinite to becoming slim shady on SSEP: to sell records.

Jay-Z is a much, much, much deeper artist than Eminem ever could be. Em just glosses over his mediocre lyrics with an ill flow and delivery. Not to mention pure shock value has been the main thing that has carried eminem to where he is.

So, there you have it, prove me wrong. And if that's not enough, find me ONE Eminem song deeper and more powerful than these Jay-Z songs:

Regrets
U must Love Me
Song Cry
Dead Presidents
Lost Ones
This Can't Be Life
Hard Knock Life

fuuuck.... and these are just 7 songs off the top of my head... there are tons and tons more. Name me ONE Eminem song in his entire collection since Infinite that tops Jay-Z in terms of depth. And don't say No Apologies or Hailies Song either, cuz even those two songs are subpar.

I would love to give a much more elaborate breakdown of this, but i'll just wait to see if the Eminem defenders are willing to step to the plate

PEEEEEAAACCE
I agree 100%
 11-30-2009, 11:45 AM         #92
chloroform 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 allabout$ said:

Regrets
U must Love Me
Song Cry
Dead Presidents
Lost Ones
This Can't Be Life
Hard Knock Life

PEEEEEAAACCE
:agreement6::agreement6::agreement6::agreement6::a greement6:

Close. f**king. Thread.

Man. You basically said what I was trying to say while reading this thread

It's not about how great your fingers are when you play the guitar, it's about what you play that counts.

Jay-Z is a true artist. Em is one dimensional. Besides, I got bored listening to stay wide awake. It's not about how many rhymes you can fit in one line, you idiots. Personally, I always thought Jay's style of teasing you with the rhymes was way more interesting than Eminem
 8 years ago '07        #93
MELODY 25 heat pts25
space
space
 allabout$ said:

Regrets
U must Love Me
Song Cry
Dead Presidents
Lost Ones
This Can't Be Life
Hard Knock Life

PEEEEEAAACCE

[pic - click to view]

IMAGINE IF JAY WROTE AND DIDN'T CARE ABOUT THE BUSINESS SIDE OF THINGS.
 11-30-2009, 11:56 AM         #94
Young Forever 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
damn, just noticed Em murdered Jay in the poll... ain't no comin back for jay, this was a landslide for Em... lol
Put em against tupac and see the results.

Em doesnt lose on bx.

This is a given, dunno why you would be surprised at the poll results.
 11-30-2009, 12:00 PM         #95
Young Forever 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xyz11scorp21xyz said:
don't give me that bs. i remember one of the first arguments i got into on bx was "mmlp and tes vs reasonable doubt and the blueprint" and i made a thread about it, and jay-z won
dogg last time a poll was up, better album between illmatic and mmlp and guess which one won?
 11-30-2009, 12:06 PM         #96
Young Forever 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

There you go.

Game. Set. Match. :greetings10:

EDIT: matter of fact you voted for MMLP

Last edited by Young Forever; 11-30-2009 at 12:07 PM..
 11-30-2009, 12:26 PM         #97
AlexG1989 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Regrets
U must Love Me
Song Cry
Dead Presidents
Lost Ones
This Can't Be Life
Hard Knock Life

PEEEEEAAACCE

I have all of Jay-Z "classics" (Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint 1 & Black Album) in addition to Blueprint 3... I used to own the Hardknock Life album and I listened to some of Kingdom Come & AG and wasn't impressed so I never bothered buying them or downloading them.

I haven't heard Stay Wide Awake or even the Relapse album but I'm well aware of Eminem's prowess as a lyricist. I own all of his albums except for Relapse, including Infinite.

I know this is not part of the discussion, but let me just clear this up before I go any further. Jay-Z has released about 12 albums, Eminem has only released 5 yet he has sold more. Alot of people put Jay-Z over Eminem due to "longevity", but Jay has only been around 3 years longer than Eminem. Slim already has 10 years in the game and is still a successful platinum selling rap artist, that is longevity. We can argue they've both been around just as long since they both released obscure albums in 1996, although Jay's was a bit more high-profile.

And I'd have to agree it's not all about technical skills, I constantly defend Pac from people who think that's the case because he has "simple rhymes". But it has to be said, as technical rappers, Eminem is way ahead of Jay-Z and it isn't even a debate anymore. He's also way ahead of Pac and probably any other rapper aside from Rakim. Musically though, I'd rank Em a few notches below 2pac and I'm sure that's exactly how you feel about Jay-Z.

But to say Eminem has almost no substance in his music aside from two songs is absurd. It's about as absurd as me saying Jay-Z has zero substance.

1.) Sing For The Moment
2.) 8 Mile
3.) Lose Yourself
4.) If I Had A Million Dollars
5.) Stan
6.) The Way I Am
7.) White America
8.) Cleanin Out My Closet (Don't remember Jay ever getting this personal)
9.) Soldier
10.) Say Goodbye To Hollywood (Jay has yet to top this)
11.) Hailie's Song
12.) Mockingbird (Just plain good music)
13.) Mosh
14.) Like Toy Soldiers
15.) Yellow Brick Road

Yeah, Jay-Z is good but out of about 12 albums, you can probably round up as many "deep songs" as I've listed here, which Eminem compiled in 4 albums including the 8 Mile soundtrack. And don't front as though Jay-Z has accumulated a tremendous amount of songs that "you really feel". One of the only rappers that can really be said about is 2pac. I can probably compile a quadruple disc album of 2pac's introspective, positive music. You and I both know that aside from Reasonable Doubt, Jay-Z is mainly another Biggie who for the most part raps about bulls**t with a few nice gems thrown in. Don't even try to make him into something he isn't, which is what you've been trying to do.

Last edited by AlexG1989; 11-30-2009 at 12:31 PM..
 11-30-2009, 12:30 PM         #98
AlexG1989 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Put em against tupac and see the results.

Em doesnt lose on bx.

This is a given, dunno why you would be surprised at the poll results.
I'm pretty sure 2pac would win the poll, he usually does. He k!lled Jay-Z worse than Em did in thsi thread, and he even beat Nas many times. I only remember one poll in which Nas beat Pac, that was really unexpected.
 8 years ago '09        #99
kingstown04 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,543 | Props total: 87 87
 Young Forever said:

There you go.

Game. Set. Match. :greetings10:

EDIT: matter of fact you voted for MMLP
but the thread title was Eminem vs. Jay so i took it from that....
 8 years ago '06        #100
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
Who give's a s**t anyway? Don't know why people even waste their time comparing the two.
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
166 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
90 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
227 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
134 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy