most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
77 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
81 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who is gonna be?
Jay-Z 109 34.82%
Eminem 204 65.18%
Voters: 313. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11-30-2009, 02:28 AM         #61
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JTwizzy said:
what? Em has his own style/swag, he just keeps to himself. And swag has NOTHING to do with quality of music
exactly...what is swag?
 11-30-2009, 02:35 AM         #62
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sunzoo said:
subject matter and "content" are subjective like everything else, if you're addressing talent, or numbers, there is really no place for either in the discussion beyond your opinion

em's "Content" is pretty diverse in comparison to a lot of rappers, jay included, over the span of his whole career, he's definetly got more "personal" and introspective records, whether you can personally relate to more is only relevant to you...

if we are going by jay's motto (numbers don't lie), i don't see why theres even a debate...there in lies jay's drawback, because by his own definition, he's gotta catch em, and pac before he's anywhere near considered number 1

sales and bullsh1t aside, i currently rank jay over em by a slight margin just based on longevity/consistency really, he's getting by on that and his accomplishments to be honest, but over the span of his career he himself is an exceptional talent, just like em, those who are trying to diss either over the other really need to revisit their ENTIRE BODIES OF WORK, under ground/freestyles/unreleased s**t included and really see that it ain't that much separation, neither one of them can do what the other can as well the other
WHat does Jay rap about that eminem can not do better or hasn't? They both had an equal topic on RENEGADE about being a rebel to the society of America and I'm sorry but Jay-z verses are extremely forgettable to me an I like Jay's style. You right though in the time Eminem has been here NOBODY has a more introspective body of work besides maybe Joe Budden. Though Eminem can do Mockingbird and KIM...who else in rap?
 11-30-2009, 02:38 AM         #63
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TiPZ said:
Ummm... Jay could never in his life flow as smoothly as Em did on "Stay Wide Awake"

The old man would have a heart seizure trying to ride the beat like that
:agreement6:
 11-30-2009, 02:40 AM         #64
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TiPZ said:
:sad-smiley-028: I can tell by your avy
TALENT in music has nothing to do with swag
 8 years ago '05        #65
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,498 | Props total: 719 719
who cares...
 11-30-2009, 03:10 AM         #66
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kal Tourette said:
WHat does Jay rap about that eminem can not do better or hasn't? They both had an equal topic on RENEGADE about being a rebel to the society of America and I'm sorry but Jay-z verses are extremely forgettable to me an I like Jay's style. You right though in the time Eminem has been here NOBODY has a more introspective body of work besides maybe Joe Budden. Though Eminem can do Mockingbird and KIM...who else in rap?

....this dude is outta sight..
 11-30-2009, 03:24 AM         #67
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
....this dude is outta sight..
ok, prove me wrong. who in rap has a wider range than Eminem EVER??!!
 11-30-2009, 03:34 AM         #68
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kal Tourette said:
ok, prove me wrong. who in rap has a wider range than Eminem EVER??!!

common,talib,nas,pac,guru,...i could keep going....
 11-30-2009, 03:48 AM         #69
boncho 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 comeback said:
f**k outta here music ain't about who has swagg
true dat
 11-30-2009, 03:51 AM         #70
boncho 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kal Tourette said:
-Lyrics = Balanced cause Em and Jay have their pros and cons, but Em hits more emotion

-Word play = Eminem HANDS DOWN!!!! Dude can rhyme entire bars for a full verse Jay jas never topped the song INFINTE when it comes to wordplay

-Mic presence = Eminem, cause when he came out on busta rhymes joint on the BET awards this was very much proven how people will shut up for eminem to grace that mic. Remember the cypher??? he was the last of the evening for a reason, but Jay comes very close

-Flow = LOL hands down Eminem has a better rhyme structure and rarely ever breaks rhyme schemes where as Jay at times needs to rhyme better. Jay's style doesn't call for him to rhyme every bar from the last perfectly, but he breaks A LOT which gives that rhyming edge and wordplay combined to Eminem. Em can rhyme words that aren't supposed to, but Jay just CAN NOT or hasn't proven to do so. I want someone to post a song of Jay's with a technically better FLOW than the song INFINITE

-Respect amongst the community = Jay-Z is hated by many rappers in the industry. Mob Deep, 50 Cent, Beanie Seagal, Joe Budden, etc and Most UNDERGROUND emcees. See eminem has been in that spot where he battled his way up. Jay doesn't have those credentials recorded to prove s**t!!! Jay can top this at times though cause he has been #1 on many lists in the community, but so as Eminem. Eminem has ssecoond place at the rap olympics, best BET cypher 2009, best rhymer title in rap that many give, where as Jay's credit comes not so from respecting his craft but his hustle and longevity. Like Wayne gets.

-Diss songs
=Eminem is a battle rapper first then a mainstream one...we know this answer. Eminem has toppled Canibus, Ja rule, Benzino, Everlast, Evidence, Cage, Vanilla Ice (LOL yea that counts), Limp Bizkit, JD, Nick Cannon...ummmmm, yea Jay has topped mob deep. That's it. Cam, Nas, JR Writer, Joe Budden, Big Sty ate his a.ss up...lol

-Deep songs = This is debatable, depending on what extent u refer to as DEPTH, but where Jay only drops a line or two of grand meaning here and there Eminem drops full songs on topics. Eminem has tackled MANY deep issues and has been broke longer than Jay so the pain is more eminent along with, politics, poverty, romance issues, personal demons, hurt, sorrow, obstacles, his daughter, his ex wife, mother, WE ALL KNOW UNCLE RONNIE, STAN!!!!!! I mean DAMN!!!! LOL yea I'd give it to Eminem, Jay got meet the parents, moment of clarity, Minority report etc, but he just ain't moving a brick like em with Stan, Mocking bird, Mosh, White America, We are Americans, and other political affairs

-Impact = Eminem is the top selling rapper of all time by miles compared to Jay so that solidifies who has had more impact overall. Jay has NOTHING compared to even the amount of Eminem haters who use his term "STAN"...My Name Is is more memorable than any of Jay's first singles. EVERYone knows HI KIDS, DO YOU LIKE VIOLENCE. That song has IMPECABLE rhyming Jay could only dream of. EVery Bar is multi syllable rhyme structure that is unmatched even today by Jay

SOrry, but Eminem is just a better emcee than Jay-Z. Eminem can do braggadicio rap, WHO CAN'T, but can Jay do a KIM or STAN???
LOL, u had to break it down
 8 years ago '05        #71
EastBroadway 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,494 | Props total: 5 5

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #72
orv 
space
space
$4,297 | Props total: 1684 1684
The GOAT is alive... His name is Eminem. Hate it or love it; it's the truth.
 11-30-2009, 05:03 AM         #73
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
common,talib,nas,pac,guru,...i could keep going....
so common can pull off a WE MADE YOU, then a KIM, then ride a beat like THE WAY I AM????? Those dudes are all very exceptional rapper, but this is what I'm talking about. Talib can do a MY NAME IS, WHITE AMERICA, an entire album like RELAPSE?? I highly doubt it. Eminem is not in a box. Talib etc are labeled conscious rappers. Nas is NOWHERE as diverse as eminem. Until these guys can pull a 97 bonnie and clyde, Kim, Stan, battle on em's level, turn around and make REAL SLIM SHADY, MY NAME is etc then pull of serious s**t like MOCKINGBIRD, WHITE AMERICA etc then i will not take ur statement serious. u didn't really think deep into the argument before just throwing out some conscious emcees.
 11-30-2009, 05:32 AM         #74
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kal Tourette said:
so common can pull off a WE MADE YOU, then a KIM, then ride a beat like THE WAY I AM????? Those dudes are all very exceptional rapper, but this is what I'm talking about. Talib can do a MY NAME IS, WHITE AMERICA, an entire album like RELAPSE?? I highly doubt it. Eminem is not in a box. Talib etc are labeled conscious rappers. Nas is NOWHERE as diverse as eminem. Until these guys can pull a 97 bonnie and clyde, Kim, Stan, battle on em's level, turn around and make REAL SLIM SHADY, MY NAME is etc then pull of serious s**t like MOCKINGBIRD, WHITE AMERICA etc then i will not take ur statement serious. u didn't really think deep into the argument before just throwing out some conscious emcees.

did you really just rattle off eminem's singles as a sign of diversity?...every single one of those singles are exactly the same....and white america?....em has been talking about that topic for how many albums now?....since the mmlp album?....and mockingbird?....nas's dance>>> em's mockingbird.....did you really say nas isn't as diverse as eminem?...nas's last 2 albums are more diverse than em's entire career....let me know when em stops rapping about his mother,daughter,wife/exwife,and drugs.....so i can start to take your argument seriously...
 8 years ago '04        #75
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,402 | Props total: 11776 11776
 Kal Tourette said:
-Lyrics = 1Balanced cause Em and Jay have their pros and cons, but Em hits more emotion

-Word play = Eminem HANDS DOWN!!!! Dude can rhyme entire bars for a full verse Jay jas never topped the song INFINTE when it comes to wordplay

-Mic presence = Eminem, cause when he came out on busta rhymes joint on the BET awards this was very much proven how people will shut up for eminem to grace that mic. Remember the cypher??? he was the last of the evening for a reason, but Jay comes very close

-Flow = 2 LOL hands down Eminem has a better rhyme structure and rarely ever breaks rhyme schemes where as Jay at times needs to rhyme better. Jay's style doesn't call for him to rhyme every bar from the last perfectly, but he breaks A LOT which gives that rhyming edge and wordplay combined to Eminem. Em can rhyme words that aren't supposed to, but Jay just CAN NOT or hasn't proven to do so. I want someone to post a song of Jay's with a technically better FLOW than the song INFINITE

-Respect amongst the community = Jay-Z is hated by many rappers in the industry. Mob Deep, 50 Cent, Beanie Seagal, Joe Budden, etc and Most UNDERGROUND emcees. See eminem has been in that spot where he battled his way up. Jay doesn't have those credentials recorded to prove s**t!!! Jay can top this at times though cause he has been #1 on many lists in the community, but so as Eminem. Eminem has ssecoond place at the rap olympics, best BET cypher 2009, best rhymer title in rap that many give, where as Jay's credit comes not so from respecting his craft but his hustle and longevity. Like Wayne gets.

-Diss songs
= 3 Eminem is a battle rapper first then a mainstream one...we know this answer. Eminem has toppled Canibus, Ja rule, Benzino, Everlast, Evidence, Cage, Vanilla Ice (LOL yea that counts), Limp Bizkit, JD, Nick Cannon...ummmmm, yea Jay has topped mob deep. That's it. Cam, Nas, JR Writer, Joe Budden, Big Sty ate his a.ss up...lol

-Deep songs = 4.This is debatable, depending on what extent u refer to as DEPTH, but where Jay only drops a line or two of grand meaning here and there Eminem drops full songs on topics. Eminem has tackled MANY deep issues and has been broke longer than Jay so the pain is more eminent along with, politics, poverty, romance issues, personal demons, hurt, sorrow, obstacles, his daughter, his ex wife, mother, WE ALL KNOW UNCLE RONNIE, STAN!!!!!! I mean DAMN!!!! LOL yea I'd give it to Eminem, Jay got meet the parents, moment of clarity, Minority report etc, but he just ain't moving a brick like em with Stan, Mocking bird, Mosh, White America, We are Americans, and other political affairs

-Impact = 5 Eminem is the top selling rapper of all time by miles compared to Jay so that solidifies who has had more impact overall. Jay has NOTHING compared to even the amount of Eminem haters who use his term "STAN"...My Name Is is more memorable than any of Jay's first singles. EVERYone knows HI KIDS, DO YOU LIKE VIOLENCE. That song has IMPECABLE rhyming Jay could only dream of. EVery Bar is multi syllable rhyme structure that is unmatched even today by Jay

SOrry, but Eminem is just a better emcee than Jay-Z. Eminem can do braggadicio rap, WHO CAN'T, but can Jay do a KIM or STAN???

2 do u know wat flow is? jigga what?

3. diss songs em hasnt dissed anyone legitimate in the rap game other than cannibus pop stars dont count LOL @ cam jr rider and big sty he k!lled joey with one line lol and joey is one of my fav rappers Dig A Hole?

4. Deep Songs Em Has A Few... Jay Has Alot Look Thru The Category... U Missed Quite A Few...

5. Sales dont matter lets be honest we all know em sold more dont act like that aint the reason and the reason u gave was pathetic just because some1 remembers a line doesnt mean its great Hi Kids Do U Like Violence? really? lol

braggadicio rap thats cool if u want to do it who cares.... if jay made a song like KIM they be calling for his head in the black community you know why smh Stan is the best song em has ever written he gets my applause for that :applause:
 11-30-2009, 06:02 AM         #76
Young Forever 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I got a list, here’s the order of my list that it’s in.
It goes Reggie, Jay Z, Tupac and Biggie
Andre from OutKast, Jada, Kurrupt, Nas and then me.

Even your king knows whats up. :greetings10:
 8 years ago '05        #77
awall 
space
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 38 38
ive said it before and ill say it again eminem is white and cant be beaten in a poll no point of doing polls against eminem.
 8 years ago '09        #78
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,087 | Props total: 8878 8878
 awall said:
ive said it before and ill say it again eminem is white and cant be beaten in a poll no point of doing polls against eminem.
:agreement6: you ain't lying fam
 11-30-2009, 07:03 AM         #79
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TiPZ said:
@ comparing that whack s**t to Stay Wide Awake

fall back ****
its the same flow structure, at noobs with this rap s**t introduced by the great white hope in 2000+

Last edited by deLeet; 11-30-2009 at 07:06 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #80
EastBroadway 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,494 | Props total: 5 5

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
177 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
99 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
202 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy