Men Lie Numbers Don't Poll #1: Eminem vs. Jay-Z

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
230 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
108 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
128 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who is gonna be?
Jay-Z 109 34.82%
Eminem 204 65.18%
Voters: 313. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #41
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
 TiPZ said:
Ummm... Jay could never in his life flow as smoothly as Em did on "Stay Wide Awake"

The old man would have a heart seizure trying to ride the beat like that
 8 years ago '07        #42
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177 OP
space
space
$24,898 | Props total: 1142 1142
 MELODY said:

[pic - click to view]

i forgot about that song,

dont know what the hates for though that s**t f**king is comedy, what was that on??
 8 years ago '04        #43
DJ Maximum|M 47 heat pts47
space
space
$43,313 | Props total: 11375 11375
 Mr. Snowman said:
how is eminem's catalog random

Eminem's Flow > Jay's Flow

Eminem's Ryhme Scheme > Jay's Ryhmes Scheme

Eminem's lyrics > Jay's Lyrics

eminem has variety, jay doesn't.....

flow cant be serious....

his rhyme scheme maybe better not gonna argue that

vareity of wat please tell me dont act like he dont talk about gay s**t and just disses pop stars

yall need to quit giving eminem passes for stuff cuz half these rappers if they did the same thing they would right them off

i am a fan of em when he has some good content but lets be serious his content and wat he raps about is horrible i mean seriously its bad.. i dont smoke do pills or be on some lo key homo stuff so i cant relate.... the gimmicky stuff is terrible u get 60 percent with of that with every eminem album and thats more than enough to be li

em did change the game but lets not forget why and how... jay did waaaaaaaaayyy more for hiphop than em
 11-29-2009, 08:15 PM         #44
TiPZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
f**k Jay-Z - Pac
 8 years ago '04        #45
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,775 | Props total: 842 842
I've never been a huge Jay-Z fan nor have I been a huge Eminem fan, but in my opinion I'd put Eminem over Jay-Z...

I guess what sells me on that would be Eminem crushing Jay-Z on Renegade. Although Jay-Z's putting out better music now because Em is doing that stupid s**t. Unless he stays rapping like he did on Forever his career is a wrap.

Last edited by D.A.R.S.; 11-29-2009 at 08:17 PM..
 11-29-2009, 08:22 PM         #46
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Fack is a fukkin horrible song lol...only eminem can make a bulls**t jokin song
an get away with it anyone else would get slaughtered
 8 years ago '07        #47
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177 OP
space
space
$24,898 | Props total: 1142 1142
does anyone know what XXL gave Relapse and BP3
 8 years ago '04        #48
Yd4001 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,367 | Props total: 727 727
 almcaffee said:
Em is a great rapper but he has no swag whatsoever, regardless I feel like whoever you relate to more you prolly like more..... too bad this thread is a set up for bytch as n*ggas bickering and tryin to be hard on the net rather than a good discussion.....
Preach my brother. Too much irrelevant s**t talked about in theses threads. But Em is a better rapper/mc but Jay is the better artist. But numbers Eminem but that's just me
Posted via Mobile Device
 11-29-2009, 09:46 PM         #49
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TiPZ said:
Ummm... Jay could never in his life flow as smoothly as Em did on "Stay Wide Awake"

The old man would have a heart seizure trying to ride the beat like that

[video - click to view]

in his life?
 11-29-2009, 10:10 PM         #50
Shang Tsung 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol this thread got jigga stans wild like a bengal tiger
 11-29-2009, 10:14 PM         #51
AlexG1989 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Em has Jay in pretty much all categories except "swag"... lulz.... f**got rappers can keep their swag... whatever the f**k that is....
 11-29-2009, 10:52 PM         #52
TiPZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deLeet said:

in his life?
@ comparing that whack s**t to Stay Wide Awake

fall back ****
 8 years ago '04        #53
sunzoo 
space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 0 0
 DJ Maximum said:
flow cant be serious....

his rhyme scheme maybe better not gonna argue that

vareity of wat please tell me dont act like he dont talk about gay s**t and just disses pop stars

yall need to quit giving eminem passes for stuff cuz half these rappers if they did the same thing they would right them off

i am a fan of em when he has some good content but lets be serious his content and wat he raps about is horrible i mean seriously its bad.. i dont smoke do pills or be on some lo key homo stuff so i cant relate.... the gimmicky stuff is terrible u get 60 percent with of that with every eminem album and thats more than enough to be li

em did change the game but lets not forget why and how... jay did waaaaaaaaayyy more for hiphop than em

subject matter and "content" are subjective like everything else, if you're addressing talent, or numbers, there is really no place for either in the discussion beyond your opinion

em's "Content" is pretty diverse in comparison to a lot of rappers, jay included, over the span of his whole career, he's definetly got more "personal" and introspective records, whether you can personally relate to more is only relevant to you...

if we are going by jay's motto (numbers don't lie), i don't see why theres even a debate...there in lies jay's drawback, because by his own definition, he's gotta catch em, and pac before he's anywhere near considered number 1

sales and bullsh1t aside, i currently rank jay over em by a slight margin just based on longevity/consistency really, he's getting by on that and his accomplishments to be honest, but over the span of his career he himself is an exceptional talent, just like em, those who are trying to diss either over the other really need to revisit their ENTIRE BODIES OF WORK, under ground/freestyles/unreleased s**t included and really see that it ain't that much separation, neither one of them can do what the other can as well the other

Last edited by sunzoo; 11-30-2009 at 01:25 AM..
 11-30-2009, 02:04 AM         #54
rd Meth 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jay is not top 10
 11-30-2009, 02:05 AM         #55
rd Meth 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 N I K E said:

Find a JAY-Z song thats as bad as THIS SONG and I'LL Leave BX, NEVER TO RETURN...
this isnt a serious song so whats your point ?
 8 years ago '04        #56
JTwizzy 
space
space
$2,052 | Props total: 0 0
 almcaffee said:
Em is a great rapper but he has no swag whatsoever, regardless I feel like whoever you relate to more you prolly like more..... too bad this thread is a set up for bytch as n*ggas bickering and tryin to be hard on the net rather than a good discussion.....
what? Em has his own style/swag, he just keeps to himself. And swag has NOTHING to do with quality of music
 8 years ago '04        #57
JTwizzy 
space
space
 xyz11scorp21xyz said:
come on man. i have no problem admitting that jay is the GOAT, because of his countless and consistent success, 11 #1 albums, and everything else that does't need mentioning

but eminem is without a shadow of a doubt a better and more talented rapper than jay-z, and you seriously got some issues if you can't admit that
finally, someone with some sense. I agree with what you said 100%
 8 years ago '09        #58
antweaks 
space
space
space
$436 | Props total: 6 6
hov all the way
 Mr. Snowman said:
Take into account:

-Lyrics

-Word play

-Mic presence

-Flow

-Respect amongst the community

-Diss songs

-Deep songs

-Impact

pretty much everything

These two are constantly compared and both have been accused by both sides of releasing "weak albums" BP3 and Relapse

both are top 10, i made this because melody's to stupid to post a poll in his thread.

make your pick....
 8 years ago '04        #59
JTwizzy 
space
space
Even the Nas stans getting mad in this thread
 11-30-2009, 02:27 AM         #60
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr. Snowman said:
Take into account:

-Lyrics

-Word play

-Mic presence

-Flow

-Respect amongst the community

-Diss songs

-Deep songs

-Impact

pretty much everything

These two are constantly compared and both have been accused by both sides of releasing "weak albums" BP3 and Relapse

both are top 10, i made this because melody's to stupid to post a poll in his thread.

make your pick....
-Lyrics = Balanced cause Em and Jay have their pros and cons, but Em hits more emotion

-Word play = Eminem HANDS DOWN!!!! Dude can rhyme entire bars for a full verse Jay jas never topped the song INFINTE when it comes to wordplay

-Mic presence = Eminem, cause when he came out on busta rhymes joint on the BET awards this was very much proven how people will shut up for eminem to grace that mic. Remember the cypher??? he was the last of the evening for a reason, but Jay comes very close

-Flow = LOL hands down Eminem has a better rhyme structure and rarely ever breaks rhyme schemes where as Jay at times needs to rhyme better. Jay's style doesn't call for him to rhyme every bar from the last perfectly, but he breaks A LOT which gives that rhyming edge and wordplay combined to Eminem. Em can rhyme words that aren't supposed to, but Jay just CAN NOT or hasn't proven to do so. I want someone to post a song of Jay's with a technically better FLOW than the song INFINITE

-Respect amongst the community = Jay-Z is hated by many rappers in the industry. Mob Deep, 50 Cent, Beanie Seagal, Joe Budden, etc and Most UNDERGROUND emcees. See eminem has been in that spot where he battled his way up. Jay doesn't have those credentials recorded to prove s**t!!! Jay can top this at times though cause he has been #1 on many lists in the community, but so as Eminem. Eminem has ssecoond place at the rap olympics, best BET cypher 2009, best rhymer title in rap that many give, where as Jay's credit comes not so from respecting his craft but his hustle and longevity. Like Wayne gets.

-Diss songs
=Eminem is a battle rapper first then a mainstream one...we know this answer. Eminem has toppled Canibus, Ja rule, Benzino, Everlast, Evidence, Cage, Vanilla Ice (LOL yea that counts), Limp Bizkit, JD, Nick Cannon...ummmmm, yea Jay has topped mob deep. That's it. Cam, Nas, JR Writer, Joe Budden, Big Sty ate his a.ss up...lol

-Deep songs = This is debatable, depending on what extent u refer to as DEPTH, but where Jay only drops a line or two of grand meaning here and there Eminem drops full songs on topics. Eminem has tackled MANY deep issues and has been broke longer than Jay so the pain is more eminent along with, politics, poverty, romance issues, personal demons, hurt, sorrow, obstacles, his daughter, his ex wife, mother, WE ALL KNOW UNCLE RONNIE, STAN!!!!!! I mean DAMN!!!! LOL yea I'd give it to Eminem, Jay got meet the parents, moment of clarity, Minority report etc, but he just ain't moving a brick like em with Stan, Mocking bird, Mosh, White America, We are Americans, and other political affairs

-Impact = Eminem is the top selling rapper of all time by miles compared to Jay so that solidifies who has had more impact overall. Jay has NOTHING compared to even the amount of Eminem haters who use his term "STAN"...My Name Is is more memorable than any of Jay's first singles. EVERYone knows HI KIDS, DO YOU LIKE VIOLENCE. That song has IMPECABLE rhyming Jay could only dream of. EVery Bar is multi syllable rhyme structure that is unmatched even today by Jay

SOrry, but Eminem is just a better emcee than Jay-Z. Eminem can do braggadicio rap, WHO CAN'T, but can Jay do a KIM or STAN???
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy