Damn!! Is all I can say
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-28-2009, 08:12 AM         #1
5985 pageviews
27 comments

CHRONICLE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Amazing Creatures

Use this thread to post/discuss cool creatures.

Killer Whale (Orca) -

[video - click to view]

I just watched a program which illustrated the hunting technique they use for sharks, that s**t is amazing!

They know that the sharks become inactive/sleep when turned upside down, so they'll sideline it, hoping to make the shark flip on its side and become inactive, at which point the capitalize on the opportunity to for the coup de grace.

Here they are, hunting a seal:

[video - click to view]

27 comments for "Amazing Creatures"

11-28-2009, 03:31 PM         #2
JerseyLegend  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That attack on the seal is easily one of the most, if not the sicked attack technique. s**t is unreal
 04-29-2010, 12:00 PM         #3
JerseyLegend  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Colossal Sea Creatures

[pic - click to view]

Here, an underwater view captures the billowing tentacles of a lion’s mane jellyfish. The most potent species of jellyfish, the lion’s mane can reach a diameter of 6.6 feet (2 meters) with tentacles topping 49 feet (15 meters).

Whale Shark

[pic - click to view]

The largest fish in the sea, the whale shark can reach lengths of 40 feet (12 meters) or more. The gentle giants are filter feeders, swimming with their wide mouths open to collect plankton and small fish.

Giant Spined Sea Stars

[pic - click to view]

Rows of large spines cover giant-spined sea stars off the coast of California. Sea stars (also known as starfish) can regenerate limbs, and in some cases, entire bodies.

Giant Spider Crab

[pic - click to view]

A giant spider crab is illuminated by the lights of a submersible. Protected from some predators by its hard exoskeleton, the creature—which can grow to ten feet (three meters) wide—can also blend in with the ocean floor. Under deeper cover, it can disappear beneath the sponges and other marine life it uses to adorn its shell.

Blue Whale

[pic - click to view]

Even as a baby, a blue whale can make a grown man look like a minnow. The largest creature ever to live, the blue whale averages 25 feet (7.6 meters) long at birth and weighs about three tons. As an adult, it can easily stretch to the length of a city bus and weigh close to 200 tons.

Portuguese Man-Of-War

[pic - click to view]

Often mistaken for a jellyfish, the Portuguese man-of-war is actually made up of a colony of organisms working together. Its tentacles can extend 165 feet (50 meters) below the surface, although 30 feet (10 meters) is more the average.

Giant Isopod

[pic - click to view]

Related to shrimp and crabs, the giant isopod is a deep-sea crustacean that makes its home on the ocean floor. It is the largest of the known isopods, which on land includes the relatively tiny pill bug.

Giant Clams

[pic - click to view]

The largest mollusks on Earth, adult giant clams permanently affix themselves to surfaces such as sand or coral reef rubble. The behemoths are capable of reaching 4 feet (1.2 meters) long and weighing more than 500 pounds (227 kilograms). They can live a hundred years or more in the wild.
 04-29-2010, 12:02 PM         #4
JerseyLegend  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
portuguese man of war

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #5
deziking 81 heat pts81
space
space
$19,583 | Props total: 5286 5286
hey anyone have a link or know any thing about the new 100 species/animals they had found that were never before seen? I saw it on tv commercial anyone can help me out more about this?
 04-29-2010, 11:26 PM         #6
JerseyLegend  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you remember the location?
 8 years ago '05        #7
MATIX 
space
space
$7,989 | Props total: 72 72
took all the marine bio courses at my high school these "creatures" are so amazing.

bioluminescent animals are crazy

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

opps

squids are scary as heck

[pic - click to view]

05-19-2010, 03:12 AM         #8
hurricanegamePZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

mmhm who the flyest of em all
 05-19-2010, 04:33 AM         #9
TiPZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
One question

who the f**k designs all these creatures?

I'm pretty sure they didn't just appear out of no where
 05-20-2010, 12:30 AM         #10
little ms riot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TiPZ said:
One question

who the f**k designs all these creatures?

I'm pretty sure they didn't just appear out of no where
Evolution Designs Inc.

TURTLES!!!!!!!

[pic - click to view]

05-20-2010, 07:55 AM         #11
TiPZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 little ms riot said:
Evolution Designs Inc.

TURTLES!!!!!!!

[pic - click to view]

^^ seriously

who decided those turtles were going to have shells on there backs... and get recognized for being slow.. while the rabbit wins the race
 8 years ago '08        #12
king33 4 heat pts
space
space
$738 | Props total: 428 428
those bioluminescent creatures were always interesting to me... they live at crazyyyyyyy depths the pressure alone should flatten them into dust but their bodies are made tough
 05-21-2010, 12:48 AM         #13
little ms riot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TiPZ said:
^^ seriously

who decided those turtles were going to have shells on there backs... and get recognized for being slow.. while the rabbit wins the race
You don't like turtles? :sad2:

They live up to a hundred, they go back to the same spot they were born to lay eggs and they inspired the Ninja Turtles. I love turtles! And seeing one in their natural habitat is rare and fulfilling
 05-21-2010, 01:12 AM         #14
J on I  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TiPZ said:
^^ seriously

Nothing decided it apart from the environment and potential predators. It just happened to be that the environment they lived in was such an environment that it was advantageous to have a shell (I don't really know how turtles evolved, but I'm guessing it probably started out as something along the lines of just having some thick skin on its back). If you didn't have a shell, you were more likely to die, hence less likely to pass on your genes. The longer you survive, the more likelihood of reproducing.

Last edited by J on I; 05-21-2010 at 01:14 AM..
 05-21-2010, 05:24 AM         #15
TiPZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 little ms riot said:
You don't like turtles? :sad2:

They live up to a hundred, they go back to the same spot they were born to lay eggs and they inspired the Ninja Turtles. I love turtles! And seeing one in their natural habitat is rare and fulfilling
I never said I didn't like them.. there cool creatures..

Just wondering how they came to be.. you dont just end up with a shell on your back
 05-22-2010, 10:26 PM         #16
little ms riot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Immortal Jellyfish from Listverse:

The immortal jellyfish (turritopsis nutricula) has to be item one on this list because of the fact that it is immortal. That isn’t hyperbole – it really is immortal. After reaching s3xual maturity, this jellyfish is able to reverse its aging process and become a polyp again. The ability to reverse the life cycle is probably unique in the animal kingdom, and allows the jellyfish to bypass death, rendering the Turritopsis nutricula biologically immortal. Lab tests showed that 100% of specimens reverted to the polyp stage.
 8 years ago '05        #17
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,512 | Props total: 4443 4443
Battle at Kruger...

Best f!ght scene ever.

[video - click to view]

And I love Dolphins dude, they are amazing creatures to me.. I heard, don't know that if this is true, that dolphins are the only other mammals capable of r*pe, because they mate for s3xual pleasure as oppose to just reproducing purposes.
 8 years ago '10        #18
MANNYSOSA 15 heat pts15
space
space
$3,540 | Props total: 1782 1782
 OldeEnglish22oz said:
Battle at Kruger...

Best f!ght scene ever.

And I love Dolphins dude, they are amazing creatures to me.. I heard, don't know that if this is true, that dolphins are the only other mammals capable of r*pe, because they mate for s3xual pleasure as oppose to just reproducing purposes.
So do u see Urself as a dolphin?
 8 years ago '04        #19
SCENE 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,162 | Props total: 104 104
Atlas Moth

[pic - click to view]

Giant Walking Stick

[pic - click to view]

Belostomatidae

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '08        #20
romanmcd 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,739 | Props total: 52 52
 little ms riot said:

[pic - click to view]

Immortal Jellyfish from Listverse:
I wanna eat that and see what happens
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
33 comments
1 day ago