Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
72 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #1
6677 pageviews
21 comments

Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
BlackBerry Bold 9700 vs HTC Tilt 2

What up guys, I'm in the market for a new phone and I've wired it down to these two... I cannot decide which one I want. I'm far from a phone techie expert... but I've comprised a list of pros-cons after research... and I was hoping for some input from u guys on which would be better. Fanboys are welcome... :dancingcool:

Blackberry
+ more stable OS
+ better build
+ best email
- fewer apps
- shaky browser
- little-to-no customization
- no "fun" factor

Tilt 2
+ seamless integration with Windows PC
+ great keyboard
+ very customizable
- shaky OS
- flimsy build
- no headphone jack (WTF?! "c'mon MAN!")... yes I know it has an adapter, but I don't want to deal w/ that clunky thing

Honestly, I don't need a billion apps that I'm never gonna use... I hardly play my Xbox let alone mess around on a cell. It'd be nice to have a few games to play while bored at an airport or something. I'd like the thing to double as a media player, but considering they don't get along well with my fav file format (avi)... I guess I'll have to stop being lazy and carry around a second PMP device.

I'd also like to have remote desktop access... this would work flawlessly with the Tilt... but I think it works with Blackberry too... w/ the right app... anyone know for sure? Not a must-have, but it'd be nice. I also need tethering, which I presume both are capable of.

I'd like to wait for the HD2, but I Doubt AT&T will pick it up... (yes, I know... I'm w/ punk a.ss AT&T... but I'm not gonna switch for a phone.. there will ALWAYS be something bigger and better to come out... no use in phone chasin ha)

What ya'll think? Peace.

Last edited by Bleezy; 11-27-2009 at 07:32 PM..

21 comments for "BlackBerry Bold 9700 vs HTC Tilt 2"

8 years ago '04        #2
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,793 | Props total: 1430 1430
trust me do it right the first time and get an iphone, it will k!ll both easy I was a owner of both phones ... blackberry I could not stand it ability to not do much u had to convert movies into small small files to play them, people were slow to develop s**t for it, you always want I phone that is going to be innovative, because then u will be want another phone in like a month, you might as well do it right the first time... Tilt 2 would be my second option great phone, but EXTREMELY not stable, expectially if you are going to customize it, it pretty decent with apps, great internet browsing with skyfire- best around, great multimedia player, but lacks really bad in stability, and windows is unstable and slow expectally when having multiple programs open, so make sure u only have like one program or two at a time. the headphone, aux thing is another big problem for me, now I can take my iphone plug into my car listen to music on the road instead of burning, or whatever which is another thing with iphone....

ANYWAYS 1- iphone 2- htc tilt 2 3- blackberry - which is a thing of the past now. :applause:

BTW, you should really look at the apps on the iphone, me before I was like a person who just used phone for simple internet phone and text, now with the iphone apps it like I do alot more play multiplayer online games with friends and all kinds of s**t that I would never think I would ... :applause:
 8 years ago '07        #3
Bleezy 10 heat pts10 OP
space
space
I appreciate your input bro, you've been prop'd.

I never actually considered the iPhone... to be honest, I've been a bit anti-apple for many years. But I'm gonna look into it more and prolly gonna hit u with some questions a little later.

Thanks again for your thorough review.
 8 years ago '06        #4
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
Iphone >>>
watch live nba games, watch movies, thousands apps that allow you to do so muchhhhh
you cant go wrong especially if youre into business

and btw iphone email >>>
but only if its jailbroken and you install Grip which gives you pop ups and previews of any emails you get :)
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '07        #5
Bleezy 10 heat pts10 OP
space
space
LOL, so... looks like ya'll gonna force me to add iPhone to the equation huh? It's all good, I'm not that stubborn/close-minded... I'll give it a look since I'm a bit-ness man.

I dunno much about jailbreaking, any chance of it f**kin your phone up and AT&T gettin on ur a.ss for it?? Weren't there some issues with it not too long ago where people had to answer some question to get in or something?? Eh, kinda worrisome, but again... I'm not up on all that. Not sure if it'd work with a brand new model either.

I guess if it makes the phone that much better, it'd be stupid not to do it. I def like my emails instantly... so guess I'd have to get that Grip. How is it with GMail?
 8 years ago '07        #6
Bleezy 10 heat pts10 OP
space
space
OH s**t, forgot to ask... can the iPhone play avi files?
 8 years ago '06        #7
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
Yes it can ^
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '06        #8
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
 Bleezy said:
LOL, so... looks like ya'll gonna force me to add iPhone to the equation huh? It's all good, I'm not that stubborn/close-minded... I'll give it a look since I'm a bit-ness man.

I dunno much about jailbreaking, any chance of it f**kin your phone up and AT&T gettin on ur a.ss for it?? Weren't there some issues with it not too long ago where people had to answer some question to get in or something?? Eh, kinda worrisome, but again... I'm not up on all that. Not sure if it'd work with a brand new model either.

I guess if it makes the phone that much better, it'd be stupid not to do it. I def like my emails instantly... so guess I'd have to get that Grip. How is it with GMail?
jailbreak takes a min now thanks to a recent release :)
and nope no chance it will run your iphone since youll have a backup
ive jailbroken so many times; never had anything wrong happen

if anything ill guide you on how to do it
im getting the 3gs in late december so

and gmail works perfectly :)
never had a problem with it
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '08        #9
RustyLorcin 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$3,456 | Props total: 587 587
well considering that you can get a htc tilt 2 for free right now through wmdeals.com i would cop that and drop a 16GB sd card on it and call it a day.

cant beat a free phone so go with the pro 2
 8 years ago '07        #10
Bleezy 10 heat pts10 OP
space
space
prop'd
 8 years ago '05        #11
EPhilly 
space
space
$721 | Props total: 0 0
 RustyLorcin said:
well considering that you can get a htc tilt 2 for free right now through wmdeals.com i would cop that and drop a 16GB sd card on it and call it a day.

cant beat a free phone so go with the pro 2
I just got that deal... I got Free Touch Pro 2, Free Car Charger and a $50 Credit to my first month bill... no rebates or anything just a legit free.
 8 years ago '04        #12
# 58 
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 100 100
i love my bold 9700.....don't know s**t about the HTC Tilt 2

so 9700 >>> tilt 2
 8 years ago '04        #13
spunkyXL 35 heat pts35
space
space
$1,451 | Props total: 1430 1430
I can only f-ck wit Bberry because of BBM....BBM is dope!
 8 years ago '07        #14
Bleezy 10 heat pts10 OP
space
space
thanks
 8 years ago '04        #15
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Bleezy said:
I appreciate your input bro, you've been prop'd.

I never actually considered the iPhone... to be honest, I've been a bit anti-apple for many years. But I'm gonna look into it more and prolly gonna hit u with some questions a little later.

Thanks again for your thorough review.
Trust me I was the biggest anti-apple person alive! I thought they were late comers and just about per hype... I was the biggest windows mobile fan ever! but I had to face the facts recent the hype isn't about nothing ... I promise u windows mobile is coo for a bit, but the lack of speed and the slowness will p!ss you off ... but for example u get a rom that is lite it works fast ... then u add ur programs unfortunately all the apps can't be installed on storage... then u have to install some to your regular mem which is already limited ... I am telling u trust me bro iphone is the phone of the future I mean they have a app to f**king watch nba games with no lag while watching... they have games that u can play online against friends ... s**t is straight just k!lling .... I was pissed when I found out how far apple is ahead of windows mobile .... ... only thing about iphone that is pissy is no flash and lack of browser abilities..

this is coming from a windows mobile dedicated user I mean I was with them from 8125 till tilt

then my tilt broke... brother let me try out iphone jailbroken - which they have an app u can do it by pressing one button now... couldnt go back to windows mobile ... like with iphone u can download apps while ur off computer chillin - windows mobile u gotta sometimes load on computer and s**t ...

overall conclusion: I mean if u get the touch pro 2 ur not going to hate it ... its just not better than an iphone ...

Last edited by egotistical; 11-29-2009 at 08:05 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #16
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
exactly ^^^
 8 years ago '04        #17
Yd4001 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,367 | Props total: 727 727
So yall don't recommend Blackberry at all? I got the Bold an my plans up in July an by what I'm reading yall have given up on it?
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #18
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Yd4001 said:
So yall don't recommend Blackberry at all? I got the Bold an my plans up in July an by what I'm reading yall have given up on it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Naw blackberry now is only coming out with phones, to make money, they don't really give a s**t about the consumer... with an iphone/android, it atleast gives u the options to get applications to carter to your needs... its more a verstile(sp?) phone ... blackberry is just at a stand still there like we are blackberry we will just put out anything and it will sell...

iphone/android/windows mobile all the way... and yes that is in order...
 8 years ago '07        #19
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 117 117
I got the 9700 simply for the better email capabilities. I had an unlocked iPhone 3G on T-Mobile for almost a year, and got tired of it. I loved jailbreaking, customizing, stealing apps, etc. But it got boring.

At the end of the day (no k!lla Cam), I was in a situation where I needed to respond to an email quickly but my iPhone didn't push it through until 6 hours later. Nail in the coffin for me. I ordered the 9700 the next day, and it's been all good since.

I haven't toyed with too many of the media specs, but I got a 16GB card in it now with about 300 songs and 2 AVI flicks downloaded off the better jukebox.

EDIT: Also.. BATTERY, my man... BATTERY!

I use the 9700 heavy between emails, BlackBerry messenger, music, internet browsing, occasional downloads and phone calls. And I make it through long 12-14 hour days off the overnight charge. 3G is on all day, Wi-Fi...sometimes Bluetooth.

Anyone who has an iPhone, and is being honest, will tell you that watching one movie during their commute and maybe an hour conversation, and they gotta start being a bit more cautious about what they do if there's no charger nearby.

Last edited by KeithHernandez; 12-09-2009 at 10:17 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #20
bayryda 
space
space
space
$2,742 | Props total: 38 38
Tilt 2

I know a lot of people hate on winmo but it not too bad. There are tons of apps out there for winmo also and it shouldn't be hard at all to watch avi's on it I watch em on mines all the time with no converting. Also get the skyfire browser and your web browsing is the same as on the cpu . With Emails you can set it up to come in as often as you like (but nothing is better then blackberry in the email dept) Also you can view edit, and create new files on windows office programs also right on the phone something that you might need there. You can also run multiple apps at once (which can't do on the Iphone) But it is pros and cons to all the phones on your list
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
39 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
91 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
51 comments
18 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
68 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy