Joe Budden vs. Lupe Fiasco - Who is Better?

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who is better?
Joe Budden 46 36.22%
Lupe Fiasco 81 63.78%
Voters: 127. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '12        #61
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,986 | Props total: 1251 1251
really?
 8 years ago '04        #62
:Z: 
space
space
$1,072 | Props total: 148 148
i listen to both, but i got to go with Lupe on this one
 11-27-2009, 10:31 PM         #63
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NOW THIS IS A THREAD THAT JOE BUDDEN STANS DON"T WANT TO SEE
 11-27-2009, 10:35 PM         #64
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thegoldenhero said:
Mood Muzik 2 > The Cool
:agreement6:
 11-27-2009, 10:37 PM         #65
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MM2 got in the New York Times, MM3 got a review on Allhiphop, MM2 made ppl respect who Joe was as a lyricist and had them checking for his next big work....MM3 had ppl at the dinner table eating good but still waiting on desert cus it didn't fill their appetite all the way. So stop saying MM3 is better than 2, that's blasphemy, lol I get tired of n*ggas always trying to go with the unpopular opinions on this site to stir up some s**t while they sit at home on their a.sses typing away..they know MM2 was that Napalm bomb, they just want to be different and sway away from the popular vote, the majority of ppl on here that listens to Joe knows MM2 was that s**t, these n*ggas just trying to sound cool by saying MM3 was that s**t. lol hilarious.

and Lupe is busting a.ss on the polls, don't ask who I voted for, the writing is on the wall.

Last edited by Motivated; 11-27-2009 at 10:40 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #66
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,937 | Props total: 7337 7337
 DoMieD said:
Dude named himself after a rapper, nuff said.

And I never said Loso's Way was a great album, I said it was his most complete album..

You stay on my d*ck, like the little f**got you are, and everyone on here who's ever replied to you knows your nothing more than a little b**ch a.ss troll.
OHH I named myself after a rapper!! Oh s**t u got me now!!!!

Ive heard u claim it was great and it was album of the year dont backtrack.

This n*gga is mad!!
 8 years ago '09        #67
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts OP
space
space
$36,233 | Props total: 19339 19339
 Tommy_Bunz said:
MM2 got in the New York Times, MM3 got a review on Allhiphop, MM2 made ppl respect who Joe was as a lyricist and had them checking for his next big work....MM3 had ppl at the dinner table eating good but still waiting on desert cus it didn't fill their appetite all the way. So stop saying MM3 is better than 2, that's blasphemy, lol I get tired of n*ggas always trying to go with the unpopular opinions on this site to stir up some s**t while they sit at home on their a.sses typing away..they know MM2 was that Napalm bomb, they just want to be different and sway away from the popular vote, the majority of ppl on here that listens to Joe knows MM2 was that s**t, these n*ggas just trying to sound cool by saying MM3 was that s**t. lol hilarious.

and Lupe is busting a.ss on the polls, don't ask who I voted for, the writing is on the wall.
MM2 > MM3...but MM3 had Joe Budden magnum opus song "All of Me" both are classic mixtapes imo. MM3 was deeper but less agressive and angry and MM2 was more balanced with both deep & lyrical songs and had more anger & angressive Joey. I prefer MM2 cause i thought it was more complete showing both deep and angry Joe but imo MM3 had the better deep songs cause that one showed Budden deep side more.
 11-27-2009, 10:48 PM         #68
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thegoldenhero said:
MM2 > MM3...but MM3 had Joe Budden magnum opus song "All of Me" both are classic mixtapes imo. MM3 was deeper but less agressive and angry and MM2 was more balanced with both deep & lyrical songs and had more anger & angressive Joey. I prefer MM2 cause i thought it was more complete showing both deep and angry Joe but imo MM3 had the better deep songs cause that one showed Budden deep side more.

Family, Three sides 2 a story.......put Joe Budden on a level, that alot of n*ggas failed to reach....and when ppl first heard that tale of a song, it was over, straight FLATLINE, that's all I'm going to say.........let's not even get into "Ghetto America" a song that even children in elementary can listen to and learn a thing or two from it, that's how positive and dope that song was, hell even ppl from other races can listen to that song and learn a thing about my ppl and what most of us go through.......and the opening song on that mixtape buries the competition before it begins, that's Joe's Best work, and that mixtape is what started alot of ppl to mess with him. Bust I hear what you saying.
 8 years ago '08        #69
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,937 | Props total: 7337 7337
 thegoldenhero said:
I dont even get how any1 can act like MM3 is Joe falling off. Secrets stands tall next to 3 sides to a story. I prefer it more. Long Way to Go, Warfare, Send Him Our Love, family reunion, Star inside of me, Still my hood. I think people need to listen to MM 3.5 without the DJ yelling. It feels more like a real album to me compared to MM2.

There were ALOT of overrated cuts on MM2. Classic mixtape but MM3 is right there if not better.
 11-27-2009, 11:10 PM         #70
hiphop4ever 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dont get it f**ked up.. MM3 was crazy.. but MM2 was just on another level......
 8 years ago '07        #71
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,325 | Props total: 1111 1111
Joe Budden is nice as f**k... Definetely in my top 5 but Lupe is GOAT
 8 years ago '09        #72
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts OP
space
space
$36,233 | Props total: 19339 19339
 Andre3stacks said:
I dont even get how any1 can act like MM3 is Joe falling off. Secrets stands tall next to 3 sides to a story. I prefer it more. Long Way to Go, Warfare, Send Him Our Love, family reunion, Star inside of me, Still my hood. I think people need to listen to MM 3.5 without the DJ yelling. It feels more like a real album to me compared to MM2.

There were ALOT of overrated cuts on MM2. Classic mixtape but MM3 is right there if not better.
imo they are neck to neck...i prefer mm2 but my brother prefers mm3...i love both and consider both classic mixtapes that is all that matters to me...imo they equal it just a matter of preference and i prefer mm2...he was hungry like he would in a heart beat eat a rapper and also in a worse place than he was before mm3 which made the deep songs hit home more so imo. Yea tho they both classic so no matter it is just a preference thing imo and most people prefer mm2 over mm3 both had 5/5 reviews
 8 years ago '04        #73
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,941 | Props total: 3140 3140
 D1nOnlyMrM@ said:
Joe. I relate 2 both but joe imo is better
Posted via Mobile Device

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by King Kusanagi; 11-27-2009 at 11:48 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #74
lilwheezy 
space
space
$1,826 | Props total: 210 210
 DoMieD said:
really?
yeah, i'll admit there were maybe one to two songs i might skip from time to time but in no way would i classify any 6 songs on the album, fillers

you might want to go listen again (especially if you liked mm3 or any of his music) but for the threads sake, it's all preference. they don't make the same type of music and for me, i'd rather listen to budden

that's not saying lupe is wack or budden is better, it's just saying that i like budden's music better, nothing more, nothing less
 8 years ago '12        #75
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,986 | Props total: 1251 1251
 Andre3stacks said:
OHH I named myself after a rapper!! Oh s**t u got me now!!!!

Ive heard u claim it was great and it was album of the year dont backtrack.

This n*gga is mad!!

Hold on, let me change my name to 'Big Boi' and then we can talk.

Last edited by DoMieD; 11-28-2009 at 12:38 AM..
angelo noel gave props

8 years ago '09        #76
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,393 | Props total: 5103 5103
Joe Budden Easily

f**k Lupe
 8 years ago '09        #77
kingstown04 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,543 | Props total: 87 87
both make good music to me but i got to think about this one
 11-28-2009, 05:56 AM         #78
YoungGQ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it comes down to preference....two cats that bring two completely different things to the table. Lupe weaves a lot of social commentary into his lyrics thru all the double meanings he uses. Joe bares more of his soul on records. both are dope at what they do...they are 2 of the best doing it right now, unquestionably...wit that said, more often than not, i'ma play Joe Budden cuz his material has always been very real and relatable to me.
 11-28-2009, 06:02 AM         #79
YoungGQ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DoMieD said:
Old School Mouse (Terrible rhymes.. "f**k yall/ya heard yall" and he forces multi's)
Get it Poppin' (Really?)
The Future (Most overrated song on it, terrible rhymes)
Ghetto America (Nuff said)
Stained (Tried to do some different s**t, and failed, 3rd verse is the worst s**t ever)
and his verse on What's Up was sub-par

MM3 on the other hand only has 1 filler IMO
n*gga called a snippet filler...
 8 years ago '04        #80
dosfx03 
space
space
space
$1,073 | Props total: 352 352
Lupe easy but Joe is one of my favorites so i actually almost considered this as a real argument.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
135 comments
1 day ago