Lupe Fiasco's "Enemy Of The State: A Love Story" Download / Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
261 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
100 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #161
2bigz 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$6,003 | Props total: 1428 1428
 Maroon_Tiger said:
nobody is saying that lupe aint top 5..

but wayne has a grammy for best rap album, and other grammies

wanye has arguably the most hits of any rap artist in history(created on his own or co-wrote)

wayne has respect of rap's elite class (eminem, talib, jay-z, kanye, etc)

but waynes haters are internet rap fans... WHO FEEL THEY RULE ON WHAT IS GOOD MUSIC..

i think Lil wayne deserves his due respect... hes done alot in this music industry and has the money, power and respect...

i dont see what the haters are hating on... DO YALL ONLY LISTEN to lyrical rappers?!? yall never like to listen to club music?!?
Theres A LOT of people that dont go on forums and s**t that do not like Wayne

the reason that people do not like Lil Wayne is because he is a complete shift from the "Golden Era" of rap music style, lyricism being the most significant change

People like Lupe, Nas, and Eminem for this reason

and YES, people do like to listen to Lil Wayne when they in the club...they also like to listen to Soulja Boy, D4L, or any other artists that can make songs to dance to...s**t a n*gga dont even have to rap these days to make a good club record (check Kanye West).
 8 years ago '09        #162
SCNC 17 heat pts17
space
space
$4,999 | Props total: 1224 1224
 DHARMA said:
LUPE > Malcolm X
LUPE > Martin Luther King Jr.
LUPE > Obama
LUPE > Jesse Jackson
LUPE > Al Sharpton
LUPE > Albert Einstein

but anyway, likin' this shit right here. Props to whoever posted the link to the lyrics.
 8 years ago '08        #163
lifetimez 
space
space
$2,807 | Props total: 0 0
Ahhh! This should hold me over till Lasers...

Iunno how the f**k this turned into Wayne vs. Lupe, but this s**t just made my day.
 8 years ago '07        #164
Three 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,052 | Props total: 1038 1038
i really needed some music to listen to...

Lupe is one of the few artists that makes me still love hiphop
 8 years ago '05        #165
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976 OP
space
space
$43,440 | Props total: 25101 25101
 lifetimez said:
Ahhh! This should hold me over till Lasers...

Iunno how the f**k this turned into Wayne vs. Lupe, but this s**t just made my day.
...Another Mixtape By Lupe Drops On Christmas Or Near
 8 years ago '05        #166
2bigz 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
you are wrong.

like nelly said "half of yall that are hating had your albums flop"...
and jay-z said "i used rap like common sense, but i did 5 mil, i aint been rapping like common since"... COMMON is the biggest EXAMPLE OF WHY RAPPERS really want to be mainstream at the end of the day... TO MAKE ALOT OF $$$

the only rappers saying s**t like "i dont need records to be dope" arent selling s**t

YOU CAN HATE, BUT why do you think lupe is RELEASING MIXTAPES??!? hes doing that to become more mainstream..aka SELL MORE RECORDS... he only went gold on his last album and he released a boatload of singles... WAYNE OUTSOLD THAT on his last 3-4 records..

yes ITS A LOSS if you cant make it into the mainstream... REGARDLESS IF YOU agree or not... if you dont break into the mainstream, your sound is not potent... point blank period
Most every rapper drops mixtapes...and a lot of those rappers are not famous, and don't expect their album to top $100k.

AZ is a great example of an underground rapper that never sold out

when Common tried to sell out, that is to say his last album, he showed that wackness sells
 8 years ago '04        #167
j0hncena 90 heat pts90
space
space
$11,071 | Props total: 1557 1557
 2bigz said:
Most every rapper drops mixtapes...and a lot of those rappers are not famous, and don't expect their album to top $100k.

AZ is a great example of an underground rapper that never sold out

when Common tried to sell out, that is to say his last album, he showed that wackness sells
Common Been Sold Out Before That
 11-26-2009, 10:08 PM         #168
kingz21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SPYTAH said:
Īm on point like the eating sides of forks....¨ wow this mixtape is REAL nice. Lupe k!lled this....
First and foremost I think the mixtape is dope. but that punchline was nothing special, it sounds like something wayne would say. I bet if wayne said that people will be saying how retarded it sounds and that he is wack lol
 11-26-2009, 10:39 PM         #169
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
you are wrong.

and jay-z said "i used rap like common sense, but i did 5 mil, i aint been rapping like common since"... COMMON is the biggest EXAMPLE OF WHY RAPPERS really want to be mainstream at the end of the day... TO MAKE ALOT OF $$$
the only rappers saying s**t like "i dont need records to be dope" arent selling s**t

YOU CAN HATE, BUT why do you think lupe is RELEASING MIXTAPES??!? hes doing that to become more mainstream..aka SELL MORE RECORDS... he only went gold on his last album and he released a boatload of singles... WAYNE OUTSOLD THAT on his last 3-4 records..

yes ITS A LOSS if you cant make it into the mainstream... REGARDLESS IF YOU agree or not... if you dont break into the mainstream, your sound is not potent... point blank period

common makes millions a year....how is he the BIGGEST EXAMPLE?
 8 years ago '05        #170
2bigz 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
 j0hncena said:
Common Been Sold Out Before That
sold out as in he deliberately lacked in lyricism so he could be more catchy

none of his albums prior to his last one seemed devoid of good lyricism.
 8 years ago '07        #171
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 Maroon_Tiger said:
you are wrong.

the f**k is this n*gga talkin about? n*gga ur point would make sense if these artists were actually trying to sound mainstream and floppin

if all the artists cared about was money theyd be attempting to make bubble gum records like ur favorite rapper
 8 years ago '04        #172
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
s**t is excellent.
 8 years ago '06        #173
youngral 
space
space
$6,649 | Props total: 629 629
Basically been listening to this off and on all day and been feeling every track.
 8 years ago '06        #174
latereg6 39 heat pts39
space
space
$2,994 | Props total: 1048 1048
Brave and fly, you backbone-less and wingless,
bunch of chickens on the strip, I’m coming for they fingers...
till what they throwin' up is meaningless...

dammit
 11-27-2009, 09:06 AM         #175
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its dope, short though
 8 years ago '09        #176
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,536 | Props total: 3829 3829
1st 3 tracks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
listened it all the way through once, then on the 2nd go around i can't get passed the 1st 3 tracks.
FIRE!!!
 8 years ago '06        #177
latereg6 39 heat pts39
space
space
$2,994 | Props total: 1048 1048
are u retarded ^^^ the best songs are say something, so ghetto, fireman, thank you and popular demand
 11-27-2009, 10:51 AM         #178
hiphop4ever 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kingz21 said:
First and foremost I think the mixtape is dope. but that punchline was nothing special, it sounds like something wayne would say. I bet if wayne said that people will be saying how retarded it sounds and that he is wack lol
lol.. pretty much
 8 years ago '06        #179
jj01 
space
space
$44,956 | Props total: 4678 4678
tape is filthy
 8 years ago '08        #180
UnkleLuc_ 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,469 | Props total: 159 159
Immortal technique, MF DOOM <--- prime examples of rappers who have had major deals, turned down major deals, and avoided any chance of being mainstream in order to stay underground
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
68 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
191 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
78 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kris Dunn Step Back Dagger
29 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
49 comments
22 hours ago