NBA Player Of The Decade

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
105 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
28 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who Is The Player Of The Decade
Carmelo Anthony 2 0.60%
Dwyane Wade 7 2.11%
Allen Iverson 15 4.53%
Shaquille O'Neal 25 7.55%
Tim Duncan 69 20.85%
Kobe Bryant 186 56.19%
Kevin Garnett 4 1.21%
LeBron James 18 5.44%
Dirk Nowitzki 2 0.60%
Robert Horry 3 0.91%
Voters: 331. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #101
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$37,000 | Props total: 1319 1319
Duncan, Shaq or Kobe.
I picked Duncan even though im not a huge fan of him, I respect him as much or more then any other player. Dude has been amazing since coming to the NBA.
 8 years ago '08        #102
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21 OP
space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
From NBA.com

In a topsy-turvy decade, these 10 people shaped the NBA

Posted Dec 8 2009 3:40PM

The decade began with the Lakers winning a championship and as it comes to a close we find the Lakers are defending champions again. Life in the NBA over the last 10 years, however, wasn't nearly as consistent. Plenty has happened between the Lakers' bookend titles, and many folks did their share, for better and for worse, to shape the NBA in the 2000s.

As we creep to the end, these 10 people had the biggest impact, excluding commissioner David Stern, who puts his stamp on every decade:
10. R.C. Buford

The general manager of the decade helped shape the Spurs into a contending machine throughout the 2000s. Buford has four championships as GM, three this decade. He imported major talent from the Draft without using high picks, stealing Tony Parker at No. 28 in 2001 (two years after Manu Ginobili came at No. 57) and DeJuan Blair at No. 37 last summer.

Plus, the Spurs collected plenty of "missing pieces" along the way: Robert Horry, Bruce Bowen, Michael Finley, Brent Barry, etc. The payroll stays middle-of-the-pack, making the Spurs the best value in the league. Obviously, the R.C. stands for Rebuilding Champions.
9. Allen Iverson

The decade began with the Sixers trying to dump Iverson; they nearly had a deal with Detroit. Instead, Iverson stayed in Philly, led the Sixers to the championship round and became an NBA cultural icon in the process.

He's had that kind of love/hate relationship within the league; the NBA once air-brushed his tattoos for PR reasons. At least there's no denying the connection between Iverson and young fans, which helped the NBA tap into a new generation, as the Bird-Magic-Erving old-school devotees began to fade. Quite fitting, Iverson will end the decade back in Philly after wearing out brief welcomes in Detroit and Memphis.
8. Steve Nash

Imagine: A small white player raised in Canada managed to awaken two NBA teams and bring back the fast break. Nash has done everything except win a championship, his best chance denied by Robert Horry's body check in the 2007 playoffs.

Along with Dirk Nowitzki, Nash rescued the Mavericks from basketball oblivion, then signed with the Suns and turned them into the most entertaining team in the league. Along came two MVP awards, putting him in exclusive company with Russell, Bird, Magic, Kareem and a few others who were awarded in consecutive years. While the league sometimes struggled to attract new fans in the post-Jordan era, Nash's teams were always worth the price of admission.
7. Larry Brown

The entire decade perfectly sums up his career. Brown coached four teams, won one NBA title and went to the NBA Finals with another. The Sixers had one star, the Pistons none, and yet both flourished under Brown. Eventually, as he usually does, Brown found another job. His resume this decade also includes a disastrous and forgettable one-season stint in New York, where the Knicks delivered the worst season in NBA history, all things considered. Most coaches would never recover from winning 23 games with a $100-million payroll. But most coaches aren't Brown, now teaching in Charlotte.
6. Isiah Thomas

In one sense, he got a bad rap: The demise of the Knicks predated his arrival. Still, the tumble was hastened during his stay as general manager and coach from 2003-08. The Knicks kept their results low and payroll high and denied the league a visible winner in the largest and most important market in sports.

They're still digging out from the rubble caused by his decisions and will finally have salary cap space next summer for free agents. Isiah's signature move was trading for and entrusting his reputation in Stephon Marbury, a disaster on many levels. Had Isiah began a rebuilding process at the start, instead of adding contracts, he might still be in charge.
5. Phil Jackson

The winningest coach this decade is on his second stint with the Lakers, which may end up being as satisfying as his first. He put Shaq and Kobe on the same page and won three championships, and when they were no longer compatible, Jackson won another with just Kobe. Jackson also passed Red Auerbach on the all-time bling list and perhaps, in the minds of many, settled all arguments regarding "best coach ever."
4. LeBron James

He has lived up to the pre-hype, which is amazing considering his high school games were nationally televised and kept scalpers busy. The King quickly established himself among the top three players in basketball, yet sits alone in terms of marketing and endorsements. It also helps that, aside from nit-picking incidents (refusing to shake hands following his 2009 playoff ouster), LeBron has remained clean and worth the massive idolization. His tour next summer as a free agent will be bigger than U2's.
3. Shaquille O'Neal

He won championships with Kobe, then went to Miami and won a championship with Dwyane Wade. He meant that much to both players. His skills are eroding fast as the decade comes to a close, but for about half of the 2000s, no player carried more clout. Until LeBron came along, Shaq was the face and personality of the NBA, as a massive, playful giant with appeal to all ages.
2. Tim Duncan

Took control of the Spurs following David Robinson's retirement and kept the franchise moving in the right direction. Brought fundamentals back to the position, and championships to the Spurs, even if he couldn't put millions more viewers in front of TV sets during the Spurs' dominance early in the decade.
1. Kobe Bryant

Not quite Magic, not quite Bird and not quite Jordan, but for overall impact on the game, Kobe rules the decade. He began it as a teen idol who made basketball cool. His image took a hit after legal problems in Colorado. And then, in large part because his basketball skills are so supreme, he recovered it all: endorsements, box office and another title, his fourth this decade.

Well we know who is winning player of the decade in the end. Told yall they would blow LeFrauds balls and put him 4th...
 8 years ago '05        #103
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
No chuck hayes= list is bias
 12-08-2009, 05:12 PM         #104
TimeIsMoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1. Kobe
2. Duncan
3. Iverson
 8 years ago '06        #105
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,695 | Props total: 8656 8656
Nobody so far Tim Duncan=4 rings Kobe=4 Shaq=4 nobody stands out championship wise.

Accomplishments Decade

Shaq= 4 championships 3 championship MVPs 1 NBA MVP 1 scoring title
Kobe= 4 championships 1 championship MVP 1 NBA MVP 2x scoring title
Duncan= 3 championships 3 chamiponship MVPs 2 NBA MVPs

You can't pick nobody until this season is over but if I would to choose now it would be Tim Duncan possibly if Kobe wins NBA MVP and Championship I will say Kobe.

Last edited by marcusaka50; 12-08-2009 at 05:18 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #106
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,410 | Props total: 29 29
 marcusaka50 said:
Nobody so far Tim Duncan=4 rings Kobe=4 Shaq=4 nobody stands out championship wise.

Accomplishments Decade

Shaq= 4 championships 3 championship MVPs 1 NBA MVP 1 scoring title
Kobe= 4 championships 1 championship MVP 1 NBA MVP 2x scoring title
Duncan= 3 championships 3 chamiponship MVPs 2 NBA MVPs

You can't pick nobody until this season is over but if I would to choose now it would be Tim Duncan possibly if Kobe wins NBA MVP and Championship I will say Kobe.
Why? The decade is over. Decade starts with 00' and ends with 09'. The next champ will start the new decade.
 8 years ago '06        #107
space
space
space
 wheezyfbaby said:
Why? The decade is over. Decade starts with 00' and ends with 09'. The next champ will start the new decade.

I thought a decade is ten years

if you count 2000-2009 thats only 9 years

Last edited by marcusaka50; 12-08-2009 at 06:01 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #108
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,410 | Props total: 29 29
 marcusaka50 said:
I thought a decade is ten years

if you count 2000-2009 thats only 9 years
No it's 10.

1. 00
2. 01
3. 02
4. 03
5. 04
6. 05
7. 06
8. 07
9. 08
10. 09
 8 years ago '06        #109
space
space
space
 wheezyfbaby said:
No it's 10.

1. 00
2. 01
3. 02
4. 03
5. 04
6. 05
7. 06
8. 07
9. 08
10. 09

Yea you right I see well then its Tim Duncan hands down
 8 years ago '07        #110
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6146 6146
tim duncan no doubt
 8 years ago '08        #111
space
space
Tim Duncan would only have 3 championships then. 02-03, 04-05, 06-07. 98-99 season wouldnt count because the new decade has not begun. 99-00 starts the decade when LA had the dynasty. So then it would be between Shaq and Kobe...
 8 years ago '08        #112
MrFourteen5 
space
space
$3,656 | Props total: 6072 6072
Duncan or Shaq
 8 years ago '06        #113
space
space
space
Duncan= 3 championships 2 chamiponship MVPs 2 NBA MVPs
 8 years ago '06        #114
DrockSteady 44 heat pts44
space
space
$5,974 | Props total: 2 2
its goin to Kobe or Shaq theres no denying it
 8 years ago '06        #115
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
KOBE.. EFF A LIST.:fawkdance:
 12-08-2009, 11:52 PM         #116
lazerface 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1. duncan
2. shaq
3. kobe
 8 years ago '04        #117
luv4music 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,707 | Props total: 1490 1490
it's fan voted though, right?

duncan deserves it, kobe has a larger fan base
 8 years ago '08        #118
space
space
The only reason I say Kobe deserves it is because he was at the top, then pummeled to the very bottom and got right back to the top. Showing that he is the focal point when having decent players around him and he is the only player who hasnt declined in numbers. Shaq and Duncan has, I know they are bigs so they're span is shorter but shaq can never be the star again and the spurs are the 03-06 pistons now...
 8 years ago '04        #119
luv4music 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,707 | Props total: 1490 1490
i say duncan deserves it because his achievements are greater than shaq and kobe and he was the main player on his squad as he did it

and no, i'm not talking about scoring
 8 years ago '06        #120
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
$1,360 | Props total: 556 556
Kobe, Shaq, Duncan are clearly the top three and it is debatable as to which is number one, but I would go with Kobe simply because injuries and age have slowed Shaq and Duncan over the past 2-3 years and they are no longer as dominant as they used to be. Meanwhile, Kobe has played at the highest level for the entire decade, has played in 6 of the 10 finals, and has been arguably the best player in the league for the past 6-7 years. My list would have Kobe first, with Duncan second. I would make Shaq third because he has had the biggest decline of the three over the past 3 years. A great argument can be made for any of the three, but to me, Kobe has played at a sustained level of greatness for the entire 10 years, and age and injuries have caused a decline in health and production at the end of the decade for both Shaq and Duncan.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
66 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
33 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago